Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Dumb Lowtax posted:

No no, it's fine, let Berkshire Hathaway be the ones to jump into pitchfork mob of every homeowner in the largest economy within the US

You think that corporation is going to agree to takeover pg&e without also getting agreement from the government to not be held liable? This will be painted as "awesome, empathetic but also well-run corporation comes to save California. rejoice! don't blame them for that other terrible, evil corporation that preceded it. also they get to make money now, but they'll make money in a different way somehow..." meanwhile the tax payer has to pick up the pieces and the cycle continues.

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

rob schneider is anti vaccination?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

CPColin posted:

I look forward to the coming weeks and weeks of 0% cloud coverage until two days in late January when 24 inches of rain fall all at once and half the state washes away.

They cut the power off, lines go down, fire sweeps through burning all the trees, a torrential downpour causes flash floods and mudslides then an earthquake.

The aristocrats.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
they're exaggerating.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
suburban restaurants close when their suburban family customers stop coming to eat. silicon valley is poo poo, thats why people that want good food and drinks past 9pm live in san francisco and oakland

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Wicked Them Beats posted:

These short-sighted boomer idiots

The story of our times.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
re: vasline we're talking about stubble, right? Not full beards. I pretty much gave up on n95s and avoiding lung cancer.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You'd rather take the bullet and die horribly and young from lung cancer than... shave? I don't understand

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You can grow the beard back, but not your lungs.

No, one cannot grow a beard this magnificent back in 6 months, which is how long we have in-between cancer-air seasons now.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Sydin posted:

I had to update my license because I moved a couple years ago to get out of my old rental after it turned out there was asbestos in the visibly cracking walls and my landlord's response was "lol tough poo poo your rent is cheap enough you should live with it" and the default was to get a Real ID. Anyway turns out the whole thing is a sham because to get the Real ID I had to prove US Citizenship, but then a couple weeks ago when I was in a situation where I needed to prove my citizenship I gave my Real ID and was told "no this isn't good enough." What the gently caress is it even for then lol.

You don't need to be a citizen to get Real ID.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

They've essentially dismantled testing infrastructure, and no one is reporting anyway. I know case counts lag behind wastewater but it's still fucky:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

confused posted:

FYI... this graph is pretty interesting. So far, this is mostly a massive spike among the unvaccinated. Will be interesting to see what it looks like when they update it tomorrow.

Vaccinated defined as? This is important I think, if you've had a recent booster vs. 2/3/4 (but no recent fifth).

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Given the current strains are Omicron (Omicron is Variant, the mutations within are Strains, right? Been a while since I read the good Covid thread), bivalent might be doing heaps of work here. As with everything that requires lots of data and time, too early to know?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
IIRC a large part of rona money that CA cities got ended up going to the cops.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Sydin posted:

So uh, weren't the gavinbux just supposed to drop into your bank account as long as you get your tax returns via direct deposit? I've gotten tax returns DD'd every year since I've been paying taxes in California, and they just sent me this piece of poo poo bank card in the mail with a laundry list of fees attached and a notice that now the issuing bank gets to sell all my personal info. :mad:

lol the state just blatantly giving finance capital a handout right before our eyes

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

quote:

and that the promise that ranked-choice voting leads to greater democracy is not necessarily fulfilled.”

He's right

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Kenning posted:

Shahid Buttar.

Nah he'd have to actually campaign at the state governor level, that would be work, so not happening.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
https://imgur.com/2XonAqh.mp4

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Sure he's down with racism and all, but the chaos!

That's pretty gross.

They all work in support of white supremacy, OP.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Funny enough, white supremacy wasn’t the racism De Leon was down with.

You reckon?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

DeadlyMuffin posted:

I do. I’d call a group of Latino politicians saying racist poo poo about black people or other Latino groups racist, but I wouldn’t call them white supremacist.

Maybe it’s a distinction without a difference. :shrug:

I didn't say all of them are white supremacists, I said they all work in support of it. I also didn't say knowingly in support of. De Leon/Latinos fighting against black people is absolutely in aid of white supremacy. You dig?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Ah so you're agreeing and I misunderstood your use of 'down with'. Glad we sorted that out!

Racial capitalism is a bitch.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Question to every poster itt saying something needs to change.

What are you doing about it?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

FlapYoJacks posted:

Leaving this stupid country.

It's getting worse everywhere else, coward.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Larry Parrish posted:

i do work with DSA but i live in the middle of nowhere and i am not a computer toucher who's retired or working remote 20 hours a week so my time to organize is limited. mostly i show up and help out sometimes.

You're doing 100% more than 99% of people that wonder why things are getting worse and lament that the people before them also didn't do anything.

I will be mocked but here's what I did to stop wanting to kill myself.

-Educated myself on why this is happening.
-Deleted Reddit, Facebook and Instagram.
-Joined the DSA.
-Through DSA got connected to people organizing in something I'm interested in.
-Learned how to 'organize' (and how not to, it's the DSA and anarchists after all).
-Joined a communist party.
-Learned/Confirmed what I really needed to be doing.
-Began learning how to organize effectively.
-Quit my 20 hour week remote upper level computer job and got a 40 hours onsite low level computer job in a big team.
-Joined my union.
-Got involved in my union.
-Befriend, Agitate & Educate and demonstrate leadership to my fellow workers.

Took 3 years to get here but for the first time in 10 years I feel alive, connected, and optimistic. I'm surrounded by revolutionaries, men older than me with kids, 17 year olds with 2 years left in high school that are smarter Marxists than I, college students that work 20+ hours a week organizing and serving the people.

It makes you feel better. Do it!

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 28, 2023

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Kenning posted:

All of this is very good and I super support it. I think it's also worth pointing out that sometimes people go online to post and blow off steam and aren't necessarily just blackpilling themselves into oblivion, and that's also a fine way to keep oneself going.

Nah if they're whining but then don't do anything then they're just like the boomers they're complaining about. Remember, I didn't say people posting here are doing nothing, I asked people posting here what they're doing about it.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I wish I didn't know what cum smelled like. You privileged piece of poo poo I hate you. Smell my immediate cum now!!

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Dying sucks, we should ban harder

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Larry Parrish posted:

Oh yeah it's a for real rear end blizzard in my part of the woods lol. It's snowing hard nice and sideways.

Stay safe comrade

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

withak posted:

And a ton of tech bros are all "today is payday, where is my direct deposit, wtf"

Mmm hmm yes that's what we want, workers not getting paid lol

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
The ruling class sits back and laughs while the proletariat fights amongst itself, licking it's lips at today's crab dinner

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Yeh no I had 2 friends that were genuinely frightened they weren't going to be paid on payday, gently caress you for laughing at them and insinuating the only people worried were bourgois. lol libs itt

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
You're so loving stupid you can't even follow a 12 post thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Tayter Swift posted:

how many loving classes are there

For our purposes of ending the oppression, 2.

The opportunists and revisionists want you to think it matters that there are pmc and petit bourgeois so you can argue some more about techbros on the internet as 'posting praxis '.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Or the state could just tax the rich and run essential utilities

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Fozzy The Bear posted:

BBQ sauce if you are trying to make your girlfriend happy.

You're thinking of pizza, which is an easy mistake as they're both sandwiches.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Sydin posted:

disgusting rear end avocado

That sounds incredibly nasty. Have you tried regular tree avocado?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
It's all about the acid (vinegar) and salt. Any good hot sauce has them both in abundance.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Remember how we were going to have real self-driving cars by 2018? Uber remembers.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
And yet people vote for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I'm shocked that capitalism in crisis is resulting in the rise of fascism.