Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I said come in! posted:

It didn't occur to me that it might be a Japanese only game. I hope this is not true.

I'd say that it'd be really dumb if a western-styled game like this didn't come over, but DD did poorly over here and pretty well over in Japan, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I haven't played ZombiU but it sounds alright, at least conceptually, so I hope the rerelease gives it a chance for a sequel. They managed to salvage the Red Steel gameplay into a good sequel that did MotionPlus swordplay better than Nintendo themselves, so building on a game that's already at least decent would turn out pretty well.

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 18, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That can't be the case because left to their own devices KojiPro either makes mediocre Metal Gear games (Portable Ops) or can't make them at all (MGS:R).

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

I did like peace walker a whole lot, it was the least anime and most straight pulp fiction MGS game there is. I wish I could get more like that. I guess MGS5 does look mostly straight, although there's that giant whale... :stare:

You're talking about the game where Kojima hired an anime VA to sing a song for the final boss where you fight a robot piloted by a girl in her underwear.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I said come in! posted:

You should have a reason for why you want to talk about this. Someone questioning you on it is not dumb. If you can't even come up with a valid reason for why this topic is important, then the problem is you, not me. Like I said before, I use to find this issue important, and then I really started to question why this was even a thing, and I couldn't answer that, and no one else who was very vocal about it on the internet could do the same. It was just "this is important because of reasons." This is nothing but an echo chamber, people just wanting to be outraged in order to feel important, but without actually doing anything important or changing anything. This is a topic for people who want to check off a little "I did a good deed today" box. So I gave up and decided this was a pointless topic that had no relevance, and so far i've yet to see a reason to change my mind back to how I use to feel. All i've seen from this issue is a bunch of people who aren't even affected by it, chase some celebrities off of Twitter.

lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Norns posted:

Is this the boob appreciation thread? Cuz really, boobs are pretty loving great.

No, that's two doors down at the senran kagura thread.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Anime isn't terribly popular tho, it is the equivalent of comic books

ironically comicbooks are way more popular than animation over there, and there are magazines for most demographics

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

echronorian posted:

It's an homage to the series, I don't know why you'd make that your release trailer

Release trailers typically have, you know, a draw for the people that aren't already into it. I dunno how anyone doesn't see that that trailer is terrible and totally undersells everything that's in mgs V but OK

there's been like three years of trailers and gameplay demos for that

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Did that loving Metal Gear turn into a Gundam? That's amazing and stupid and I love it.

it's an orbital frame, you can tell because of the continued Kojima tradition of Giant Robot Dongs

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Persona 4 Arena.

That was ArcSys.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Whether it's worth playing or not is up to you, but basically it was a case of the developers aiming too high and realizing it too late in development.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

there's no way sony pays for a AAA game in an established western franchise this gen and doesn't bring it. they supposedly are bringing us dragon quest 11 at some point they somehow brought yakuza 5 out of left field for ps3. the floodgates are open

plus it was an e3 keynote speech reveal

I don't think Sony has anything to do with Automata, but yeah, it was revealed at E3, so it's sure to come over.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yoko Taro and Platinum games will pool their talents to give you a bad rail shooter segment that's also an incredibly dickish rhythm game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol "normal people"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

has there been any news about the YS game for ps4 that was announced in 2014? it was supposed to come out this year i think (i don't read japanese but this reveal trailer has 2015 in it) but i haven't heard anything since it was announced. was it released in Japan this year or is it vaporware?

i reeeaaaallly liked the vita YS game so i hope its still coming even though the visuals in this trailer look real bad

what sakurazuka said. they'll probably start talking about it relatively soon since they should be done promoting Tokyo Xanadu about now.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

NESguerilla posted:

I like how the only thing you do in this thread is talk poo poo and shoe horn your fat wife into your posts, then complain about the quality of the thread. :fuckoff:

:yikes:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

On the other hand the PS4 doesn't have many exclusives that somebody considering a Bone would care about, aside from some Sony developed/codeveloped titles like Uncharted or Bloodborne.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It's on PC as well. Reminder that Cuphead is taking so long because MS is forcing the devs to add in actual levels after the 'boss rush only' nature of the game was revealed and had a negative response.

Note that this is the thinking that killed Phantom Dust.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Instant Grat posted:

PS4 has a bunch of great stuff on the horizon though. Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5 (also on PS3 to be fair), The Last Guardian... what's the Bone have on the horizon? Scalebound?

Like I said, nothing a normal person considering a Bone would care about.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

What exactly does "AAA" mean? I thought it was just a measure of budget, and while Platinum games are good, I'm not sure if publishers would be giving their projects loads of money.

e: MGR, for example, was a bit of a rush job that reused some assets cobbled together from the ashes of MGS:R.

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 9, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Consumer thinks that the PS4 is the season's hot product!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

HGH posted:

I'm confused as to why the devs are constantly justifying/overexplaining their every single decision as of late. Or at least it feels like it.

They're trying to be transparent, both as a continuation of their transparency in the wake XIV 1.0's failure and as a response to what happened with Versus XIII, I think.

Motto fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 12, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Why should we trust SE? They've made so many FF games, and they're all the worst game in the series.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SE published quite a few good games both this gen and last, actually.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Harlock posted:

I dunno why people get mad at video games, but he had nearly a decade to get FFXV out the door and then finally had to be replaced when they told him to go make Kingdom Hearts 3.

I don't think anybody was really working on XV before the relaunch, Nomura had been directing a half dozen KH spinoffs as well as doing other work last gen. I'm not the SE guru Sunning is, but I suspect that nobody working on Versus was due to SE's issues with the HD transition rather than any one person's mistakes.

e: And I think he's in charge of VIIR, KH3 is by a another team that he lightly supervises.

Motto fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Nov 12, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

WHOOPS posted:

Sure but it's what they've developed that people don't like. The Tomb Raider reboot being a great game shouldn't be a point of hope for the quality of Final Fantasy XV.

They're mostly also collaborations, but their handheld output has been pretty good.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

grrarg posted:

Their E3 presentation was a good start, but it was not enough to make up for SE deciding that a F2P game was the proper followup to Sleeping Dogs.

:smith:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Swords aren't universally useful martial weapons like fiction makes them out to be either, but who cares about that in videogames.

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 13, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

how do you pronouce se7en?

seh-seven-en

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

HGH posted:

They made Gravity Rush retail for the US.
Oh god how many copies of this do I have to buy to not make it fail?

They're already developing a PS4 sequel, so I'd assume they're more concerned with the sales of that than a port.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

DQH is very unlikely to jump to PC for similar reasons plus the crazy licensing stuff around it.

What "crazy licensing" stuff would a DQ game have?

e: And the Demons' deal isn't just money, it's that Sony, through Studio Japan, was a co-developer on that game.

Motto fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 16, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

it being a traditional rpg is super disappointing and at this point why even call it valkyria chronicles

It's not, it's called something like "Valkyria of Revolution".

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Surlaw posted:

People here get really weird about other people liking things.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nah ps2 is the cut off point to where the games won't age that much.

For 3D games, that is. 2D games reached general timelessness back in the 16-bit era, and even a decent number of 8-bit classics like Mario 3 hold up.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The cost to produce games relative to their return on investment has become absolutely unworkable for anyone besides AAA megaliths and starving Kickstarter indies, and that is going to limit the types of things you see and play. There is no more midrange. Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

I dunno, there are plenty of good console and handheld games out there that I certainly wouldn't describe as "AAA".

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Why do we care about this tiny number of people? Why is it so important that everyone has access to video games?

Because unnecessarily reducing your potential audience is loving stupid?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ElwoodCuse posted:

They've given up on the "oh no used games are killing sales" thing. Notice how online passes are now gone.

Man, that was crazy. I've never heard of companies in any other entertainment medium whine so much about the very idea of people buying used product.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm looking forward to the meltdowns when Persona 5 comes out.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

:hfive:

Someone sees the light. Lemme know when you all stop pretending like your anime games aren't disturbingly creepy to a normal adult. I don't mind anime at all but when it's like the above gently caress

I don't even like persona, but lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

People taking pride in not liking something is the weirdest internet thing.

• Locked thread