Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Same here, playing once a week is not enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I'm thinking about taking a XXX list next tournament, how does it look?

Wedge Antilles [Guidance Chips, Adaptability, Proton Torpedoes, R5-K6] (35)

Luke Skywalker [Guidance Chips, Lone Wolf, Proton Torpedoes, R2-D2] (38)

Biggs Darklighter [Integrated Astromech, Veteran Instincts, R2-D6] (27)

The idea is to have Wedge and Biggs together while Luke does his thing.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

Wedge also really wants Predator, like, a lot. My suggestion would be to drop the EPT-bot from Biggs and give him like a generic R5 if you don't have R4-D6, then drop the astromech from Wedge entirely and give him Predator. Luke looks fine as he is.
I do have R4-D6 and I'm going to do that. Thanks.

Strobe posted:

My suggestion is a straight swap between Proton Torpedoes and R2-D2 on Luke, with the appropriate change from Guidance Chips to Integrated Astromech.
I only have one Integrated Astromech :saddowns:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Eimi posted:

Hey so uh, even with my small collection I'm running into storage and transportation issues. I've managed to get everything mostly secured in the two core boxes. (Basically only my Bwing is out and I'm praying its cannons are tough til I find a solution.) I have a Feldherr case for most of my Armada stuff, but that's not really scalable. Are Plano cases still recommended? And would I just get them at a hardware store or something?
I use this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Double-...YM4VMER4XJ2CNVM

One side for Rebels, the other for Empire. It fits mostly every ship with cards except the huge ones... and the Ghost... and I don't have the Decimator either.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

In for a TTS league, I just need to fiddle with it a little more.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Brunas posted:

Imperial A-holes vs. Imperial A-holes.

Quoting this so hard...

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Herux posted:

It was brutal to play as well....but had a great match Talas! GG.

Highlights were the milimetric positioning of your shuttle and all the hot OL on OL action.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Brunas posted:

Hey Talas, any particularly good time for you to play? I'm free starting tomorrow basically, and on EST/EDT.

I'm free tomorrow night at 10pm CST, I'll let you know if there's any change.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Brunas posted:

Mine? Talas finally put an end to the reign of terror of AAAY, with some pretty comically unlikely things happening all game.

Stresshog shoots primary range 3 on omega leader and gets one damage through (one stopped by palps), then lands two more damage through with the tlt
Jake shoots focus/TL prockets at a bumped inquisitor and does 0 damage.

Pretty fun/ny game, I forgot to take screenshots because I'm a bad person™
Not to mention that moment were seven ships were stressed or those full blanks with four green dice...

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Strobe posted:

CROSS-POOL GAME:
Not happening this week because De Rol Le is a dick and disappeared. Sorry Talas! Have a week off.
Boooo! :saddowns:

De Rol Le posted:

Until I can get this fixed, I am gonna have to drop from the league. Sorry to everyone for not being able to complete our games, right now TTS looks like a slideshow at the best of times. Hopefully I can get this fixed by the next league.

No worries, get your stuff fixed.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

TTS is on sale again, 50% off. Don't miss out the fun and the terrible lists!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

General Battuta posted:

Talas when you wanna do this?
I'm kind of busy this weekend, how about next monday afternoon CST? If not, I'll try to be available this sunday afternoon.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

General Battuta posted:

General Battuta vs Talas is up now! star wars x wang, lljk

Wedgefist vs Palp Aces, Wampa flavor!

Finished, my loss 100-27.

Wedge packs a big punch :saddowns:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Brunas posted:

Overdesigned and Strobe, I have all the stuff set up already to stream if you're interested.

Overdesigned, Strobe, and Talas: I have the alt art Maarek Stele's from the 2016 Stele Open I promised to the winners of each pool like 230948 years ago. Just need an address to send them to! Alternatively, I can send them all to Strobe and he can mail them out, if you don't want to trust some shady guy on SA with a mailing address.

Talas and Strobe: Let me know when you guys want to play. Generally Thursday-Sunday EST evening is best for me.
I'm free this Thursday around 6pm CST, Brunas.

My email is jjtalas(a)gmail.com. I'm kind of worried since I live in Mexico and our postal service is absolute poo poo, but maybe we can find some arrangement. Thank you!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

What is this "Tomax + 2" list?

http://www.notsuchabadpilot.com/fahs/fear-anger-hate-suffering-analysis-of-the-nova-meta-vol-2-no-1/

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Brunas posted:

So I disappeared for a bit, sorry Talas and Strobe. I'm also out of town this weekend to make things harder! Will be around all afternoon/evening tomorrow EST if you guys are free to play! If not, sorry for being out of touch, feel free to take your 100-0 victory.

I'll send out contact info for the promos tonight - for serious this time.

And mr chill, let me know if you want the details for swg private servers. Didn't want to post it on FB, just forgot that Talonbane was such a scrubby midboss and had to share.

That would be good since I'm currently in the US until next monday.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

overdesigned posted:

Talas and Strobe I'm alive and around all day today so we can get some matches in. At the deadline. As is my normal scheme of maneuver.

Excellent, I should be on Steam around 8pm EST.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Eimi posted:

I tried to rip off Roy Focker.
Any reference to Robotech is cool in my book.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Holy poo poo :vince:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Sheev is awesome and I hope they don't mess with him.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Otisburg posted:

I hope Kenny Baker prevented a scary crit with IA.
:vince:

Probably from Kylo...

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

gently caress yes!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

canyoneer posted:

Triple X-Wings in wave 10 is an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.
:perfect:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

A) Sabine crew. That +1 damage is huuuuge.
Autodamage is the worst, the WORST.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

¡Dios mío! :eyepop:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

So....I just won my first store tournament. In the final round took out two jumps and Fenn.
What was your list?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

canyoneer posted:

It's not a lack of love for interceptors, it's an abundance of hate for aces.
I see no hate for Fenn.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

That Bernie Sanders* list is annoying as hell. I don't think I have ever seen it flat out win or lose; it just goes to time almost every round. I mean, if someone jousts it, yeah, their probably going to lose becaue of so many red dice. But no one does that...right?

*I hate the name Fair Ship Rebels, it makes no sense. I always call it Bernie Sanders because 1) It redistributes everything, and 2) people REALLY into 'proper' naming of lists can't handle it when you use the 'wrong' name.
According to the official forums, the four TIE Bombers list with Unguided and Seismics won against that list at least twice.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I'm thinking about taking two of this lists to my first Hangar Bay format league: Poe/Dash, Biggs/Jess/Rex/Lowhhrick or Dengar/Nym. I know those lists are all the rage around, but I live in Mexico and our meta is really really weird. I've been flying Poe with Rey with some success except when confronted with a heavy bomb list.

I'm also thinking about trying some kind of Imperial multitool list with an Agressor, a Striker and a couple of Bombers or just a Bomber and add OL to the list. Opinions?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Dash/Poe and Biggs/Jess/Rex/Low are both crazy good and have few weaknesses. However, both will probably go to time, every time.
Ohhh, I can handle that. Thanks! Now it's time to test and don't repeat upgrades...

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

loving Gunboat, hell yes!!!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

A new starter kit with Kylo's TIE and two new A-wings with new titles and poo poo! :downsrim:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

ShineDog posted:

Force Friday release is a 2 player destiny set, not an xwing product.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Any news on a new FAQ?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I just played a semifinal game in a store's tourney and after a winning streak with Dengar/Nym, it seems like my luck ran out completely. I mean, I dropped a bomblet four times on at least two ships and didn't do any damage at all. And of course, my opponent did five damage with Fenn in turn three.

How do you rebound after being hosed by dice for the first time?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Raged posted:

In the end I was able to put on a Nym masterclass and won with one hull left. If I had given up early I would have surely lost. Always play like you have a chance at winning.
Nice! I did last more rounds than I first thought after losing Dengar, but well, I was not making any damage...

Anyway, that's the fickle finger of fate. Thanks, man!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

They sound like they don't care much about the game... what a surprise.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

In that list, I usually use Rey and Chopper with Lowhhrick with better results.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

They killed Biggs... good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

....you guys mean Benicio Del Toro
Oh God, I was really confused for a second.

• Locked thread