Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Try telling that to Germany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. Dos posted:

Where did you hear this? It would be nice to not have anybody stuck with a 3DS circle pad.

It's on their main site

http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry10.html

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

http://xenobladex.jp/

Don't forget to turn on the music!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mabels big day posted:

is the nopon dude with the nerd glasses going to be the new Riki?

I think so and until release I will remain hopeful that he is as good as Riki is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Suspicious Cook posted:

They should make a Mario and Luigi style game with Daisy and Pauline where they try to become relevant in any way.

nice creepypasta

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sharrrk posted:

wasn't this the only nintendoland game that used a character's name instead of the series name? captain falcon is more recognizable than f-zero at this point, thanks smash bros

It's probably because you dress up as Captain Falcon and drive the Blue Falcon only. No point in calling it F-Zero if you can't drive as anyone else from it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looper posted:

otoh they've apparently burnt the best idea they'll ever have already (Eggman having to sleep on Sonic's couch for a few days)

Is that the "Eggman fakes an injury to take Sonic to court" episode I read about when they announced the show?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mercury Crusader posted:

No, the plot was "Eggman's fortress was destroyed so he's crashing at Sonic's until his robots fix the place"

This sounds great, I'm glad something not bad came out of Sonic Boom.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ultigonio posted:

I'm gradually approaching my toughest decision this year:

Should I buy a physical copy of Captain Toad or a digital one?

Unless you're going all digital, physical imo.

Also while I'm still excited for it, what I heard about the post game is really disappointing. :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ultigonio posted:

As far as I'm concerned, the benefits of digital include sweet DDP action and being able to get and play the game several hours earlier. I have more than enough storage space for it, at any rate.
That said, physical has the advantage of being collected, lent, or resold. And I don't have to worry about an online service eventually disappearing and leaving me with a game I spent money on but can't download.

Also that stinks that the post-game is disappointing, though it is two-thirds the price of a typical retail game. Hopefully it has enough content to justify the price, regardless. And if anyone says what makes the post-game disappointing within the week before I play this game I am going to be red-hot mad. I have managed to avoid hearing the majority of info about this game because I'd really like to let it surprise me, even if it means taking in some not-so-happy surprises with that.

Good points, good luck with the decision.

Also from what I seen there is definitely enough content to justify the price, also there's all that charm on top of that which is enough to keep me happy despite what happens post-credits.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Spacebump posted:

I can't believe Star Fox is coming out before Zelda.

I can't believe they didn't talk about it more.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Been dealing with bad news all day so haven't been able to play much more Captain Toad. What a lousy christmas.

Least there's this new super cute trailer of Kirby and The Rainbow Curse (click it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWFgS5b9Vc8

This game is too cute, gonna have to replay Canvas Curse now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Silver95280 posted:

Hmmmm… Do I buy Galaxy 2 despite already owning and 100% it? I'm not above buying games multiple times (I have five different versions of both SMB and Lost Levels). It just seems like a waste of :10bux: when the other version is Power-A-A away.

The same thing's going to happen in 2 weeks with MP:Trilogy with the added bonus of liking the originals better because the big sequence breaks weren't fixed yet.

Unless having to go into the Wii menu to play it makes you angry, there is no reason to buy Galaxy 2 if you already own it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You mean lol at buying the crossbuy PS3/PS4/Vita version which is adding more features than the other ones and only needs to be bought once to be played across all devices

I thought they were just adding in the Kratos fight, what else are they including?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looking through that channel

same

SAME

All these remixes are so good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Watrick posted:

Egad! I'm 5 coins away from Platinum. I downloaded Pokemon Bank, Rusty Baseball, and that submarine game. I only got coins from Pokemon bank. Is there anything else I can get to push me to the top?

Have you gotten the post play surveys yet?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Watrick posted:

Not yet. I never got a download survey for any except Pokemon.

I would, but I already picked those up (and you're right, they're pretty good). Good suggestion though.

Watrick posted:

I'm downloading Lucadian now. Doesn't it take a week for the post play to show? Also, is the coin claim done at the end of this month?

I don't know the exact time but yeah, the post play surveys show up some time after the download so expect a survey for the 3DS games and Lucadian to show up and you have until the end of March to earn coins.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saoshyant posted:

I'mma let you finish but I gotta nuke Memerun from orbit and kill it with fire. It's the only way to be sure nothing of value is lost. Honk honk.

It look like you were serious.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/meme_run_disappears_from_the_wii_u_eshop

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

Some troubling things going on at Nintendo of America today, Bowser hacked their Twitter account

Hopefully no one gets hurt

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica 19m19 minutes ago
Let’s see here. *searches for Twitter handles with the name Mario in them* *unfollows* MUAHAHAHA! THE POWER IS MINE! #BowserParty

https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/photos/pb.119240841493711.-2207520000.1426719720./802136183204170/?type=1&theater

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kewpuh posted:

the best game on the wii u is zombi u if you disagree get hosed

It really sucks the sequel got cancelled.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Apparently Gold/Platinum rewards are up

edit: forgot one

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 1, 2015

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Spacebump posted:

When they showed all the Lucas costumes in Smash, did they show a Claus costume?

They did.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=678057185632211

200cc Mute City video on the Mario Kart Facebook page.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oops!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

New preview of Yoshi's Wooly World with screenshots and a video.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/preview_unraveling_the_truth_in_yoshis_woolly_world

No baby mario, health instead, use wool (replacing eggs) to beat bigger enemies or create objects to help you progress, yoshi can still transform, collectibles include beads (currency to buy special badges to help you), flowers, stamps, and wonder wools which can unlock different yoshi designs like flower yoshi, circus yoshi, or one based around shy guys.

Also mellow mode just replaces Yoshi's flutter jump with the ability to float at his current height indefinitely if there was any confusion about that.

Coin purse crabs!

More screenshots here:
http://nintendoeverything.com/new-yoshis-woolly-world-screenshots/?pid=81290&pageid=198057

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeANMcBAY posted:

I liked Epic Yarn but I think this game will be much more challenging just judging by the fact that they're adding a separate easy invincible mode.

Actually it doesn't make you invincible it just gives you a hover that last indefinitely, you can still take damage and fail the level.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Amppelix posted:

Here's video of Xenoblade's character creator:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bLj1VR01G8

Mostly it seems like it's made for creating horrible anime monstrosities. Disappointingly, there's no face proportion sliders to be found, only a few preset faces, so those doll-like eyes aren't going anywhere, although it seems like the men get off a bit better than women and have some faces that look mostly human. On the other hand, you can choose extremely silly skin and hair colors, and there's a huge variety of dumb facepaint to put on.

The equipment is shaping up to look good at least

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

Xenoblade's dub was one of the coolest thing about it so I kinda hope they do the British thing again

If Yuri Lowenthal is one of the main characters I'll probably kill myself

I would bet money on Yuri Lowenthal being a voice you can use for your created character along with the usual dudes, Bryce Papenbrook, Johnny Yong Bosch, Steve Blum, etc.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yarn Yoshi art here with a few screenshots of the game

http://imgur.com/a/1jvKs#CRpS3cL

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

katkillad2 posted:

My taint is exposed.

Would be really cool if they surprise announce a new game people have to play for the Nintendo World Championship.

What about real life Mario?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

raditts posted:

How many of those games did they wind up making, anyway? I felt like they started getting pretty bad after #2.

It went up to 6 with 3-6 getting 2 versions each.

Also it got a spinoff for the DS, which had 3 games that also had 2 versions, except for the first which had 3.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Silver Falcon posted:

Woo, I beat Metroid Fusion! :toot: Now I'm out of Metroid games to play, (unless I dip into the original and Metroid 2, which... I didn't really want to do) until they finally release Zero Mission on the VC. I think it's already out in Pal-land, even?

All and all, Fusion is good... except for that bit near the end. You know, the part where the game locks you out of the entire rest of the game if you so much as set foot in a Nav room after getting the final power up? The final power up that is necessary to get the remaining collectibles? Who in the hell thought that was a good idea?! And how the hell are you supposed to get 100% in that case? What in the actual gently caress? :psyduck:

Load up the cleared file and you should have access to anywhere.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/feature_the_full_story_behind_star_fox_2_nintendos_most_famous_cancellation

Cool article about Star Fox 2 with Dylan Cuthbert.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Everyone should play the game in the way they are most comfortable with imo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Poochy Ain't Stupid

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mabels big day posted:

I wish them well

They have Nintendo's blessing and mine as well.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Suspicious Cook posted:

I thought Guacamelee was alright but I hated that I couldn't dodge cancel out of attacks like Platinum games. Did they ever patch in the option to do that? If so, I might give it another shot.

Just checked you can.

Edit: Which version did you play? I checked on the original release and you can dodge cancel in that as well.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also speaking of Splatoon...

What are the chances of this coming overseas?

• Locked thread