Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Green Puddin posted:

Hey I'm kinda confused, our family wants to get Mario Party 10 when it comes out but do you absolutely need amiibos to play it or are they just for unlocking stuff?

They unlock some pretty cool stuff:

First time I'll be tempted to "catch 'em all", as they say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Supercar Gautier posted:

Who the gently caress doesn't like to customize their character. I'm pretty sure messing around with cute video game outfits is a primal human instinct.

I loathe it. I don't want to do the character designer's work for them.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Quest For Glory II posted:

They did do the work, by designing the outfits and then having them modelled

Assembling them still feels like work, not like fun gameplay.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Quest For Glory II posted:

I dont even know how you guys made it to the main menu after buying the system without realizing you'd have to make a Mii, thus returning your Wii U to the store in disgust at Nintendo's flimsy farmvillery

I almost did that thb. It was a disgusting experience

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ruggington posted:

play vanquish

No start with the classics first

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

noirstronaut posted:

Get the 32GB because white is an ugly color for hardware.

The white Wii U is the prettiest, the classiest and the most stylish, hth

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Trent posted:

I really don't understand the complaint that it would take months to finish. Months of content in a great game for [price of one game]?

At a certain point in life, time becomes more valuable than money

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Suaimhneas posted:

That's funny, I put more time into it than that and still wanted more.

Get the Toad Amiibo!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

raditts posted:

What the gently caress is/was Pokemon Rumble U? I assume it's a Wii U game, so how did a Pokemon game on Wii U manage to go completely unnoticed?

It didn't go unnoticed at all, seems you just missed it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

noirstronaut posted:

How do we know for certain that the Koopalings are siblings if we never see their mother

Their mother is Rosalina, this is the family secret that will come out spectacularly in a later game

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SeANMcBAY posted:

Sakurai mentioned a few days ago that Mewtwo was basically done so I'm sure we'll see something next month.

I wonder which of the two will be his Final Smash

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
If they remaster SM64 it should at least be the superior/more expansive DS version

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
SM3DW is OK but not great, I 100%ed it but sold it immediately afterwards because I don't have a desire to ever play it again. The Mario Kart homage level is the highlight.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Spectacle Rock posted:

The best game on the Wii U right now is one of the following:
*Mario Kart 8
*Smash Bros Wii U
*Hyrule Warriors
*Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

It's between SSB4, DKCTF and CTTT. All three are absolutely magical in their own way.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

drat that amiibo looks good.

It almost makes me wish he were in Smash even though I've never played a Chibi-Robo game before, but I'll hopefully be able to play the first one in the following months thanks to a friend of mine.

Maybe he'll be DLC for SSB4 after Lucas

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Leaked Mario Maker and Animal Crossing amiibos

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

VideoGames posted:

oh my days that mario maker amiibo

The best part is the stand being a warp pipe

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
PAL release dates for the rest of the year

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cyron posted:

I feel sad that iwata had to apologize for what really was a ok DE. this is a new low point for gamers.

Yes how sad that a millionaire CEO has to apologize for his billion-dollar company's lackluster presentation, a true humanitarian tragedy

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Fix posted:

Why would you need a physical copy?
So you can resell it once you've finished it, duh.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Hakkesshu posted:

Oh man, best addition to Yoshi's Woolly World, you don't have to get every collectible in one go. If you're only missing one item, if you redo the level you only have to get that one to get 100%.

That would be true if only it weren't for the hearts.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Not a Twat posted:

Wooly World is good despite too much invisible poo poo. It is easier than Yoshi's Island BUT you don't have regenerating health so if you're reckless a shy guy might actually kill you

I did encounter an irritating bug. On the first level with the chain chomp, about half way through the game started freezing a little bit every few seconds. It lasted until the end of the level. Kind of concerning when a Nintendo game has a problem like that. Fine the rest of the time though.

edit: my favourite wooly moment so far was seeing a miiverse post on the loading screen that said "WHERE IS BLAST BALL"

It's spelled woolly with double l

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

jivjov posted:

Everyone else with Stars to spend got that same email, and every is hammering the servers trying to get in.

Tragedy of the commons

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

raditts posted:

How do SMB1 goombas even hurt you? They don't have arms, or even a mouth like later generations of Goombas.

They're based on mushrooms, so they could secrete lethal toxic spores

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

remake majora's mask verbatim but with twilight princess' art assets

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1144796

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

majormonotone posted:

Jivjov makes a lot of bad posts but posts where he gets mad at people for using slurs are not

The word jivjov is now a slur in and of itself

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FirstAidKite posted:

waluigi riding on top of ridley

A clone of Duck Hunt

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

epitasis posted:

december 4 xenochronicles or whatever comes out?

Xenocross

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

greatn posted:

Nintendo should just announce a kick starter for a retro Metroid Prime sequel at E3, then have journalists will cum all over the place and say they won E3.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sam Faust posted:

Where'd you hear about cloud saves. I must have missed it.

They're even putting Cloud in SSB4 for some sweet cross promotion

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Austrian mook posted:

Its further off the mark than any east coast american city. Is this guy serious? Does he know where French canada is?

IKR, he even pronounces Vancouver in French (with an accent grave on the e)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

epitasis posted:

Australia isnt English anymore

It also isn't Austria

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I beat Paper Jam last week and I feel like it's a very bland and average title. Not offensively bad like Sticker Star or Partners in Time, but it gets weighed down a lot by obnoxious Paper Toad fetch quests, no original characters, and the Papercraft battles just being boring.

Yeah everything the Paper Mario half of the crossover brings to the game (Paper Toad searching and chasing, the godawful Papercraft battles) just bring the game as a whole down. Paper Mario sadly continues its streak of suckage on the 3DS.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Yes, Super Paper Mario 2

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dunban posted:

Welp, no Direct announced today either. Guess we'll have to wait a while longer.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

No February Direct makes me feel like 2016 will be fairly anemic on releases for the current consoles. :smith: Still got #FE and Zelda i guess...

And Pokkén Tournament and Star Fox Zero.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dr. Fetus posted:

Also, Paper Jam is a fun game.

Only the Mario & Luigi parts are. The Paper Mario stuff such as Paper Toad chasing/searching and the Papercraft battles are tedious and anti-fun.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Chandelure's cutesy voice in Pokkén doesn't fit it very well, in my mind it has a deep manly voice like Gastly

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FirstAidKite posted:

Check this: phantom hourglass and spirit tracks are good

The dungeons are tons of fun, but the sailing and trainrides that take up fully half of the 20-hour game time are pure torture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Polo-Rican posted:

By this point I'm actually hoping it's an NX title. And it probably will be - it's simply a bad business decision to release it this year. If you were Nintendo, which of these seems smarter to you?

1. Launch a massive exclusive (maybe the biggest exclusive?) on a system you're planning on making obsolete in less than a year
2. Use a massive exclusive to drive hype for a brand new system you want people to buy on launch day

Twilight Princess was in the same situation and ended up releasing on both the current and next gen platform at the time, the same could happen with Zelda U.

• Locked thread