Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8lCWUxjpxU

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

A moderator hand-deleted over 22 thousand comments because he had sex with the woman they're talking about.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

Wait this is about a video game blog sex feud between ugly nerds?

And you're aware of who they are, the backstory, etc. And it's happening on Reddit.
And you care about this.

Holy moly.

I clicked on the front page of Reddit, saw a submission that had 20 thousand replies, clicked to read the replies, saw that most of them were deleted, clicked on the subreddit that the original submission was on, saw that the moderators were having a bitch fit and then I made a thread about it on Something Awful, this took maybe ten minutes. I don't know anything beyond a mod had sex with a video game woman, and that he is deleting a lot of posts, by hand.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

So I can now keep up with all this from the comfort of my Xbox One?!?!

The Xbox One is BAD, Richard. Do NOT bring this negativity into my thread.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Verisimilidude posted:

Quite frankly the only video game scandal that matters is that recent one where that total dork and his total dork girlfriend (who started up a 24/7 pokemon channel on Twitch where for their honeymoon (after getting married in their late teens) they played the new pokemon nonstop) got into a fight at a video game convention and the total dork girlfriend hosed another dude and maybe kissed a bunch of others while her total dork husband drove home, and the guy she hosed wrote up a big blog post about it because he and the total dork husband were besties and it was wrong and basically the guy was a total puss.

Please explain this in-depth, and I will edit the OP.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is anyone here good at making websites?

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Shadoer posted:

What do you have in mind?

Zoe Quinn

Edit for clarification: I would like someone to make me a fake game review site, so that I can have sex with Zoe Quinn.

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 20, 2014

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Nonsense posted:

Phil fish is a loving moron who thinks American games are superior to Japanese games in his exact words lmao that he's dead

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SunAndSpring posted:

what is that thing

It's me, bitch. :twisted:

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jalopybrown posted:

Revelation is actually about vidya, zoe is the whore of babylon & PC gaming the beast, the 7 kings are consoles from NES onwards with XBone or PS4 being the 6th current one, jesus is console gaming as a whole and the 144000 are 4chan and reddit.

!!!

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

rainy day posted:

4chan cannot deal with real women so they have to invent their own lol

quote:

Honestly the proper way to protest this poo poo, since everyone wants to make us out to be misogynistic, I propose we simply promote feminism the right way. Brandish and slap on the /v/ and 4chan logo and wear the green and purple stripes and stand out like that, but we must fully support feminism while simultaneously expose the corruption and hypocrisy of the SJW, how it greatly contradicts what feminism is really all about.

What is feminism? The belief that women are human beings are deserve equal human rights. The right to express freely, the right to vote, the right to be equal.

What are some things you can greatly focus on? The wage is a good example. Women get paid less.

Being "misrepresented" in video games is one of the most ridiculous things any SJW could possibly cry out. Video games are graphical creations of the imagination. Any representation in a video game is fictional unless stated other wise. There is not injustice for women in the video game industry, it has all been a plot to make free money.

What else can you focus on? The women that have been in charge of video games. Amy Hennig is a good example, she is currently the head of the writing team for Uncharted.

Focus on women that have been in video games, that have done something truly amazing. By doing so you are promoting feminism and showing the SJW that there is no injustic, that any woman can rightfully be the head of a department if they work hard enough, any any character concept is purely concept and not meant to reflect reality, nor should it.

If anything /v/, when you protest at PAX, I want you to cry. I want you all to cry out your deepest and truest feelings about video games, about art, and integrity. Let your heart be spoken and let the words be heard. Express those feelings, do what you do best and loving rage.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Shadoer posted:

Oh there it is! I missed that, so it's gassed. Oh well :(

To be honest, if I were a mod and I saw an OP with two 24 minute long YouTube video from a guy named "Internet Aristocrat" doing Jesse Ventura impersonations because of Video Game Sex, it would be gassed.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Do you have any loving idea what you've just done

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Shitshitshit /V/ hacked my email address what the gently caress I had nothing to do with this I swear

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
what do I do help

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
im tryiing to dial 911 buit my hands ar eto shakyey helpppp

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Patricia Hernandez wrote an article about something I did one time. She stole a bunch of pictures of me from Facebook and my local newspaper, still with watermarks on them. A month later she did a follow up where she stole a bunch of my answers from a Reddit AMA. She's complete poo poo.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

it's all dumb as gently caress and it's really stupid how people are taking this poo poo way too far and are harassing people IRL about it like say posting their real name and employer on the internet and trying to get them fired from their real jobs for it

I think it's really sad how FYAD basically dug up their own, obscure Chris-chan that no one else cares about, going as far as to befriend him and buy him a dildo purely for the laughs of a tiny, dying, irrelevant clique. It's hipsterism taken to a brand new level.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mazzletoff posted:

I don't even know what JonTron did last night, but if it pissed off Anthony "Game Figuratively Written By Reddit" Burch I think it must have been pretty good.

He posted this as proof that men are sexually objectified too, okay, us guys got it just as bad as girls do only different.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly this Twitter drama is not as funny as the time that guy from Two and a Half men sent #respect to a naked Weird Twitter woman with pizza on her tits for standing up to harassment because she said a 13 year old had a tiny dick.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you are a girl and you play video games, I am going to harass you both sexually and metasexually*.

*The word metasexual is based upon the premise that the physical body, the physical world, and the physical act of sex are illusions. This word refers to the hidden fields of sexuality that are above and beyond the physicality of sexual nature and activity. The coming together and co-mingling of two energetic magnetic bodies for the purpose of metasexual activity will inherently be perceived in the physical world only as a physical act or random spontaneous movements, increased breathing, random vocalization and intonation. However, the two energetic fields that involved in the experience of this connection will perceive it as something spiritual, emotional, physical, and utterly life changing. These individuals will no longer be satisfied with sex purely on a physical level, as their consciousness is transformed and awakened to something higher and deeper both within themselves and the core of humanity. These individuals will make better choices concerning potential partners, and will change their behaviors effortlessly to ones that are more conducive to peaceful and loving relationships.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

toggle posted:

video games are for children :confused:

WRONG, FUCKER.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress the ROW posted:

the concept of video games living in the real world

:frogon:

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Turn off your computer, idiot.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus Christ, I can't believe Zoe Quinn killed gamers.

What's the point of even posting anymore.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Maxwell Adams posted:

Getting ready to take this post on the road. Reddit uses the same bbcode as this place, right?

A charity event to promote women in gaming is the victim of a complete media blackout from gaming press

The Fine Young Capitalists (I'll call them TFYC) are running a game jam with the goals of encouraging women to join the gaming industry, producing a game, and donating to charity. They have taken ideas from women about cool games they'd like to make, produced five pitches, produced concept art, and are now asking for votes to determine which of these games will be made.

The woman who has their idea selected will be placed it the role of Producer, and recieve an 8% cut of the proceeds. TFYC's own production staff will produce the game over 6 months. Most of the money goes to charity.

Over the past week, TFYC has recieved thousands of dollars in donations from 4chan. I'll repeat that. A charity event to promote women in the gaming industry has recieved thousands of dollars in donations from 4CHAN. Does this sound interesting yet? Newsworthy, even?

On February 28th, TFYC was attacked. The were doxxed, banned from twitter, and their server was hit with a DDOS attack. They have recovered from this and are still pushing the event forward, despite losing $10,000 cash out of pocket when their sponsors backed out.

No gaming website will report on any of this. They will not even acknowledge the existence of this charity game jam. People who are aware of this situation have been trying to reach gaming journalists through comments sections, twitter, or anything else. I can only imagine what their inboxes look like as requests to run the TFYC story come in.

The media blackout continues on every gaming site. There are a few non-gaming sites that have run the story, though. They all have something in common: when they report on the February 28th attack, there is a conspicuous absense fact checking or investigation of any kind.

Let's look at all 4 of these articles.

Cinemablend ran this story on the FYC Game Jam. Here's their explanation for the attack directed at TFYC on Feburary 28th:

"I can openly say...". Writers don't include a phrase like that unless a gag order is involved.

When Vice Media ran a story on the charity event, they wrote this:

The reddit user in question was SillySladar, one of the main organizers of the event.

The comments section on that article is being heavily moderated. It used to look like this.

When Techcrunch ran their article, they were deliberately vague.

You can find an identical strategy in the piece on Slate.com

Again, a simple link to knowyourmeme.com and no research or fact checking of any kind.

Nobody will discuss or investigate the attack on TFYC from February 28th. No gaming website will report the existence of the FYC Game Jam at all.

Well, here. You can do your own research on the February 28th attack on The Fine Young Capitalists. I was able to dig up this information after deploying my marginal Twitter skills.

Scroll down to about 7 pm EST and work your way up to watch everything unfold. You will see the tweets from Zoe Quinn (@zoequinnzel) and Maya Kramer (@legobutts) as they discover and discuss the FYC game jam.

6:59: @legobutts discovers TFYC
7:09: @zoequinnzel demonstrates a massive failure in reading comprehension
7:18: @zoequinnzel decides she is 'skeeved out'
7:19: @legobutts notices her followers are all talking about this
7:28: @zoequinnzel decides to contact TFYC
7:30: @zoequinnzel contacts TFYC
7:32: @TFYCapitalists offers to schedule an interview
7:32: @legobutts retweets a post by @aerox47 showing a screencap of the facebook page of an FYC organizer, doxxing them
7:33: @zoequinnzel notices that the FYC website has crashed
7:34: @zoequinnzel begins asking questions
You can see that, at 7:38 and 7:39, @TFYCapitalists posted a couple answers. They were unable to participate in the conversation after this point because their twitter account was banned. Everyone else carried on making fun of TFYC.
7:48: @zoequinnzel wishes should could talk to TFYC a bit more

11:26: TFYC sarcastically thanks @legobutt for pointing out the flaws in his facebook privacy settings.
The facebook screencap (which has since been deleted) showed a post from december asking for an actress who could 'sound smart' to come in. These videos were produced when they hired that actress.

It didn't stop there.

May: TFYC was unable to get any journalists to cover them.
Even as work proceeded and concept art was being produced, they still couldn't get ay attention.
July: They resorted to paying for press releases.
August: Quinngate explodes. TFYC finally gets some attention. The original post has been replaced by a soundcloud link where you can hear the whole story.

This morning The Fine Young Capitalists posted their truce with Zoe Quinn.

Zoe Quinn has posted her own response to everything that's happening.

Still, no gaming websites are mentioning, or even acknowledging the existence of the FYC game jam. Nobody anywhere is to mention that a small indie dev community attacked a charity game jam. Not a single gaming site is willing to touch this. As the media blackout goes on, a charity organization that needs donations is being denied the attention they need in order to be successful.

Let it be clear that this is not a gender issue. The MRAs and the SJWs can have the biggest, most pointless twitter war they feel like having. It really doesn't matter. TFYC is working to promote women in the gaming industry, working to provide money to cancer research, and working to keep their own operation running while everyone who should be supporting them works against them in the most harmful way possible.

gently caress this thread.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Unless something funny happens before PAX, this thread's gonna take a little break.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It really happened.

There's a war on gamers, and it's all because of the Social Justice Warriors.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Who really is Zoe Quinn?

I'm finding it really hard to believe that a person who, for all intents and purposes, did not exist until 2010 has become so important to so many different people in so many different positions of power that they'd rather systematically attempt to destroy the word "gamer" than just sever ties with her.

This doesn't seem like an appropriate response.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Zoe Quinn has been a goon for over 12 years, but there wasn't a single post about Depression Quest on Something Awful until April of this year. How loving deep does this rabbit hole go?

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to kill Zoe Quinn, and have sex with Anita Sarkeesian, while killing her. :twisted:

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Somebody please tweet @femfreq and @thequinnspiracy that madeupfred from the forums (they'll know what you mean) is dtf and hornny. I would do it myself but currently I am locked out of my Twitter account due to internet trolling and death threats.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
GOON PROJECT: Get my penis inside a game dev

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Did anything interesting happen today?

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

The Brown Menace posted:

so here is what the guy who wrote this article

had to say on twitter

oh no, not white men having opinions! here's him btw

as you can see, tim is 1/1024th aboriginal and absolutely isn't loving painful to look at unless you turn your contrast down. he also identifies as trans, before any sexist shitlords get any ideas

How can you say you're even partly feminine if you have male pattern baldness, a beard and the first name Tim??

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

argondamn posted:

women can have male pattern baldness, a beard, and the name Tim, too.

I guess there's still a lot left for me to learn about gender and sex. Thank you, friend, for opening my eyes.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
wow you guys actually care about this poo poo

:gas:

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME6PUW_jM-c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLittle posted:

Wait, do you actually think it's a conspiracy of some kind?

It's a mother loving conspiracy, it's a mother loving conspiracy, it's a MOTHERFUCKING CONSPIRACY.

• Locked thread