Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Feenix posted:

Oh maybe I wasn't looking closely. I definitely saw red and yellow but not enough to say. Do you mean there was just far more yellow than red?

It might have been hard as they were zooming past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Grodd.

Or the Top.

Grodd is loving awesome :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Solaris Knight posted:

It's 2014 and I'm watching a show with the Reverse Flash and FIRESTORM in it. Life is beautiful. :allears:

Wait until Gorilla Grodd shows up. I wonder if they are going to get an appearance by Michael Rosenbaum at some point, since the show seems to be really respectful of its past incantations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bruceski posted:

He'll first appear in episode 112? I know it's good to plan ahead but still...

It got good ratings and assume it will be getting a full 22 season order if it hasn't already. If it didn't get a full season yet, its usually for 13 episodes so it makes sense that they are casting for those episodes at this point.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I hope they keep the thing that makes him really interesting. Its not what is mentioned in the article, as they are keeping him close to his comic book personality.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 9, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah, I hope he blows up a planet, too.

The show must go on!! I was referring more to Him reforming

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I knew exactly what you were talking about, I am just continually and infinitely amused that Pied Piper casually blew up a planet in the comics because COMIC BOOKS.

But yeah, there's a couple of unique aspects of Piper's character amongst Flash Rogues and it'd be nice if he stuck to it. It really differentiates him from the rest.

The part is was by playing queen. Funny that is something Grant Morrison used in the main series

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

The showrunners had originally mentioned Piper as the last uncast regular. Clearly that's changed, but it is a character they like.

You never know, as Felicity and Roy were just guests until later in the series.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

McSpanky posted:

More that you seem to have completely ignored the context clues in the pilot that the TV version is not nearly as godly with his superspeed as the comics version is, so most of these complaints are irrelevant to this thread. This Flash can't even break the sound barrier at a dead sprint, let alone punch someone a billion times before they can think.

Judging from the preview to tonight's episode, I think your concerns will be more explicitly addressed.

Before the speed force Wally always had to eat and then rest days. He also could not go past a certain speed due to these limitations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

In the old Flash TV series didn't he have to eat constantly?

Yeah and the main female love interest was the one from the early Wally series.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Drifter posted:

It's an established Flash/superhero/hero trope dating back far longer than 2010.

Yeah I am ready the early Wally Flash issues from 1985 and its a huge part.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

richardfun posted:

That's Captain Bubble Beard. If you're going to reference on of my favourite comedies of all time, do it right :colbert:

He will be helping flash in a tub of his own urine.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

Finally, the Ambush Bug series we deserve

Batmite or nothing :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Wells is Abra Kadabra.:v:

So the midseason finale will be Barry being turned into a wooden puppet?

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 16, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

The newspaper actually says Flash disappeared during the "Crisis". We don't know if he saved the world or not. It's possible he failed, and Wells is trying to make him better for the second try.

Or its a huge easter egg for Flash comic fan Barry Allan died during the Crisis in 1985, and red skies were part of it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

dordreff posted:

DC listens to and cares about their fans, and will do a Final Crisis crossover.

As long as we get Pied Piper destroying poo poo with The Show must go on.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Drifter posted:

To be commented on as "Who the gently caress are all these people?" and "I don't get it, didn't that guy JUST die like a minute ago?"

Also holy poo poo the real hero is Darkseid.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

A live action Darkseid could be amazing, but might be rough to pull off.

They tried it in Smallville and it was poo poo. He was a smoke monster Galactus style

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Maybe he believed in the Superman curse. Or maybe he was just a whiny dude that just didn't want to put on tights because he thought he was above it for some strange reason.

I am going with this, as he was doing the role as the Superhero boom happened.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

The Superman I feel bad for is Routh. He's a good actor and the guy that got cast just a couple of years after him is set for loving life.

Also not this week but next week: Felicity and CC :eyepop:

Routh also seems like a good dude and he got stuck in a movie that had so much baggage that he was in a no win situation. The fact that it was so tied to the original two is a huge problem. Its a good movie but the fact its a love letter makes it a super flawed movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Geoff Johns has written a lot of mediocre poo poo over the last 10 years or so but the one thing he does very well is write Flash. His original Flash run is still probably one of the best runs on the character ever. If not outright the best. I wouldn't trust him to control too much, but I think Flash is just fine for him.

Second best. Waid is still the best. However, he is doing really well with this show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

I love Waid's but I think I like what Johns did a little more. And it actually pains me to say that because Waid could literally write circles around Johns.

Return of Barry Allan and he introduced Impulse. Johns highs did not reach this

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

greatn posted:

I think Waid also, when he returned, made the comic all about Wally's kids no one cared about.

He was sort of pissed at that. He said that he said all that he had to say with the character. Other than Zoom what great villains did Johns create other than Zoom?

It would be crazy if it was Barry going back in time to stop Zoom killing his mom, only to find out that the battle goes past them and his dad did do it.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 23, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Unkempt posted:

Basically Waid was #62-#162, Johns was #164-225. There's probably a few fill-ins in that lot.

People always go on about those two, but I really liked the Messner-Loebs run before them from #15-61. Anyway, Wally was the best (comic book) Flash.

Yes and one of those fill ins was Millar and Morrison.

We could get parallel universes since that is something Flash is known for, and crisis mention.

When they bring in Gorrila Grodd I hope they adapt the storyline when he gives every animal awareness and it causes animals to attack humanity and the only one who can save the day is Rex the Wonder Dog.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 23, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Drifter posted:

I liked the Dad's version of the Flash at least originally because that 90s show showed him running in just plain clothes and them getting torn to shreds, but here Barry's running all around and not even a hair is out of place. His shoes are fine nothing is effected except for him going "well, lordee-la, boy ah am surely feelin' a mite bit peckish tonight, I do declare, from all that runnin' ah've been up to!"

They mentioned the suit was able to withstand heat.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wait Superman can't be black? Its an alternate version, you should really just relax

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

William Fichter as Grodd's voice actor.

Also, I'm looking at The Flash as a Superman analogue just like Arrow is a Batman analogue. "We can't use these characters...what other DC characters are there that can tell the same kinds of stories?"

The big difference is Flash has one of the best rogue galleries in comics, and Green Arrow has ??

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

tsob posted:

Arrow has already had enough perfect foils in Merlyn and Deathstroke (not sure who the third season's villain is since I'm still going through season two after starting Flash), so personally I'd prefer to see some less perfect ones and more complimentary ones. Seeing him take on someone with actual superpowers, even if relatively low level as a season villain of some kind for instance. That's partially because I actually kind of like heroic Catman as an aging and over-the-hill Batman who mainly uses boxing though, even from my minor exposure to him through the cartoons. I've no idea how he relates to villain Catman however.

It looks like its the father of a character we met last season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

For what it's worth, the only actual Flash villain he's faced so far was in the first episode. The other two were rogues of Firestorm and Starman, so while it's appropriate to use GA's personal rogues for big villains, it probably wouldn't hurt if they started picking from other galleries. Enemies like Maxwell Lord or Kobra or Brother Blood

Or they could try Onomatopoeia is Kevin Smith doesn't oppose/throw a shitfit.

Why would they use Brother Blood when they just used him in Arrow? I wonder if either show is going to do a version of the Judas Contract.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I wonder if Wells is even aware on the evil poo poo he is doing. That when he is walking he is possessed by someone from the future.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

D-Pad posted:

Michael Winslow
:colbert:

Bit like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTKmEG7ewso

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

I keep wondering if we'll get some variation of that guy who showed up early on in Wally's run who could send people to another dimension via his stomach.

One of Wally's best friends Chunk?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ha ha I love the little reference to Superman movie. I thought it was airplanes?

Just so you know that the stinger had nothing to do with Welles. It had a bit more heat

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This bugs me too. If she is far enough along in her dissertation for it to be the scary consequence for losing her laptop, what is she still doing taking classes? And is she a journalism PhD student?

Wasn't the dissertation 9 months or so ago? I thought it happened the night of Barry getting hit by lightning?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Cisco makes 5, just watch.

You think he could Vibe with the other heroes?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Nate Falls posted:

--E=MC Hammer? Really?

What is wrong with a goofy pub quiz name?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Aw, yeah, WESTSEID!!!

As long as we get Piper and the show must go on.

Then again Welles likes to sit, and we all know who else likes to sit.

WELLES IS

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Barrowman is going to be on Talking Dead on the next episode. He might behave himself... who knows.

Has he ever?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Guys, is it accurate to say Arrow is modern age, flash is bronze age? Not silly enough for silver, but not as loving grim as today?

There is going to be a talking Gorilla. Nothing says silver age like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mortanis posted:

The Flash - we're getting a show ABOUT the Flash, and it looks like it's embracing everything that entails. Grodd, Cosmic Treadmill, men with guns of cold. In Smallville we'd be waiting until S4 for half that stuff.

That's a lot of words for "probably never"

In Smallville when was the first villain from the comic book introduced? Lex does not count since in the early seasons he was more heroic than Clark.

• Locked thread