Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Barry posted:

One thing I think would happen with the $5 entry fee would be a real thinning of the herd of people with 2fps potato computers that don't have a dime to spare. So you'd still have just the genuinely bad players that can afford the $5 but you wouldn't have the people that are bad just because their fps/ping is completely unworkable.

I played a tourney with someone who had a 2 fps potato computer. He did fine. It's ludicrously bad decisions that make potato players as bad as they are.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Barry posted:

The value of pixel tanks is up to each of us to determine, but it's possible it's the very best T6 medium.

How could you say that it's the best.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mans posted:

lmao at all the people in this thread blaming the matchmaker for putting "retards" in their team for excusing their 45% win ratio.

Hey now, I cheerfully accept that I loving suck at this game and that I've failed my way into my win rate.

(Granted I'm playing at a 50% right now after coming back because I'm legit godawful).

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 28, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Ultrawide stuff

Generally I always just put a text window on one half of my ultrawide, that's partially because I've got a 3440x1440 screen though, which is an absolute wall of monitor.

I'd say 16:9 is an awkward compromise because it's a bit too narrow for two windows at once, and there's so much use for more than one window at once it's not really worth optimizing for (and even if that were the case 16:10 would likely be better.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Creamed Cormp posted:

Holy poo poo the french female voices are going to be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, just absolutely emotionless and akwardly worded.

All other voices sound at least decent though.

Are they adding them?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

HFX posted:

Agree. What does it say that one of their best, if not the best, maps is from Beta?

Which one is this?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Stevefin posted:

I have only recently came back and the new tier 10 light tanks are there, simply cause war gaming needed to release new tanks for tank collectors

Making the tiers line up for all the lines is cool and good, in fairness.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

The Chrysler GF looks like a monster. Shame about the pen, but drat that armor.

http://tanks.gg/tank/chrysler-gf

Where's it come from?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Barry posted:

The venn diagram of terrible shitters and players that shoot their guns right at the beginning of a match is a perfect circle.

Wow. Rude. At least that means I haven't alt-tabbed out for the first minute.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Foxtrot_13 posted:

I don't know who is the biggest oval office in that exchange, Foch or WG

Scissorfight.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Prav posted:

i wonder how many players use asdw for the hull and arrow keys for the turret

I wonder how many play like I did one day with a laptop with a nub mouse all one handed (I had an IV in the other arm).

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I tried finding information about it, but I kept finding information about how to take screenshots. So how do you snap shot. Move the mouse a little when you shoot? Like putting english on a shot in Golden Tee?

Snap shotting is when you shoot before aiming in fully, or in lieu of stopping to aim in fully.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

That could be a mistranslation just fyi. They said it would get hydraulic suspension, which people took to mean swedish siege mode.

Yeah, I think its actual depression is -6, not -10, but it could also dip its nose by another -6 degrees, so that would make sense to add.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Hellsau posted:

You can't give the IS-6 the Defender's shells, or even just the Defender's gun, because then it's just better than the IS-3. Actually nevermind Wargaming doesn't give a poo poo if their premiums are better than tech tree tanks what am I thinking.

Yeah, that would kind of rule out the Defender, no?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Barry posted:

The flakbus is garbage and the Nashorn isn't much better.

They're okay tanks for maps and games that don't actually exist in practice. Good job WG!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

HFX posted:

Sadly, they did exist, but people were bitching about cloaking hetzers and invisible tanks. So they both neutered the class that benefitted the most from the mechanics that caused invisible tanks and the mechanics that made it easier to be invisible.

Hilariously, the worst offending cloaking tanks still do cloak and invisitank, but the ones designed around it as a risk/reward mechanic are absolutely gutted.

The answer of course is a spotting mechanic that isn't profoundly loving awful, but joke's on all of us for that one. Even something as simple as changing "tanks see spotted enemy tanks" to "tanks get a bonus to attempt spotting enemy tanks that are spotted" would be a huge deal for giant soft shell catchers that sit at megarange without making the tanks with cloaking devices goofy overpowered (because their margins are thinner and they're more likely to be close to more of their targets).

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 31, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

CompeAnansi posted:

Some people in this thread have no sense of humor (and bad taste in tanks), so I generally assume people are being serious unless it's obviously sarcasm. Otherwise, I'd have to assume it's sarcasm every time someone says they like arty, or the m3 lee.

I don't like the Lee, but I like that top guns felt compelled to me when I was in it. I guess it's that sicknasty dpm that's the only attraction means that if people don't treat you like the first target you can really clean up.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

The Lee's DPM is better than reasonable, unless you're comparing to TDs, in which case it is on par for the tier, despite having a wad more HP.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Also PvE is verboten for some reason.

Which is extra weird because it's in Warships and it's actually quite solid.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I've actually been playing the PvE a bunch and just trying to get better at it. It'll be cool when they add more though.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Barry posted:

You sold a premium tank for credits for equipment :psyduck:

Maybe you should have just... played the premium tank for credits?

Having more premiums doesn't mean you get more credits, if you've already got a good credit grind premium.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

HFX posted:

I've seen people use them. I have used the nation flags to put proper german flags on my West German tanks. Why you would ever want to put some dude on it, I have no idea.

If you look at a tank and see that breathtakingly dumb insignia, will you think that the person with it on their tank is a high priority?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

^^^ Huh, makes me mildly regret selling the t9 foch in a rage.

The Foch was so so so so so very bad though.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

McGavin posted:

Everything is loving broken. Wargaming is a trash company run by mongoloids.

I want to play their game, but it's like they are doing everything in their power to make me quit.

Their first quality of life improvement. :3:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

HFX posted:

It could be they were also trying to aim under the mantlet because the cupola was at a bad angle to actually hit / do damage.

Yeah, hull downs do a good job of lowering the turret top relative to the mantlet.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

HFX posted:

I now remember why I stopped with the French line after they nerfed the Foch and much of the rest of the line.

In adequate armor: Check
Huge easy weakpoint: Check
Awful gun handling: Check
Low DPM for tier: Check
Anemics alpha for teir + gun handling: Check
But at least it is kind of fast in a straight line on level ground.

Overmatch sides and poo poo reverse speed too.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Tort can be a scary tank, it just poo poo out damage.

I am almost done with the 48, I keep hearing that the gun on the Foch is hot garbage. Is this true?

It's a tank destroyer with a gun that combines the worst handling and alpha available, and not even by TD standards but by heavy tank standards.

If you like getting snapshot by same tier heavies for more damage and whiffing the return, it's the gun for you.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Yep. I have most of the tier tens still, and would do the grind for most of the remainder if not for much better things to do with my life.

I rage sold my Foch halfway through, right at the sweet spot for sunk cost fallacy, and it's the only tank I've done that with. My only regret is not doing it sooner. I free xp-ed a leo pt a to replace it as a tier nine to drive in platoons. Even without the top gun I preferred that thing.

I had more fun grinding out the tracks for a friend's original tech tree T34. He'd put on modules so it couldn't fit the 105 and didn't have gold. Trying to land 90mm shells with that thing was a downright joy compared to the Foch.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 1, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

HFX posted:

If only I could face less super heavies in my 13 90. Getting hosed by a type 4 because I can't pen its sides if he just turns slightly is loving awful. Honestly, I keep thinking about light tanks overall. Compared to same tier mediums they have less armor, less pen, less dpm, about the same view range, often worse gun characteristics, less health, but they do go faster and have a bit better camo. I honestly think overall their role is mediocre at best.

I really do think Wargaming needs to institute more feedback from their players into their balancing, especially after the Graf Zeppelin poo poo.

Oh god. What did they do with the Zeppelin?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I've got one. Want my hosed up dumb account?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Doesn't the rhoomba have dogshit for soft stats compared to the skorp?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

My theory is I quit for a goddamn reason. WG lucked into something that worked pretty well, and it becomes more and more clear that they don't know what makes things good.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I've historically given WG a lot of credit for the changes they try, but have been singularly unimpressed with the game after the MM and SPG changes. And the player meta has certainly gone downhill.

Actually I think it just hasn't been the same ever since the removal of the ability to type in trolling comments to the enemy team.

I mean they did kind of deliberately monkey's paw the whole MM change.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Matchmaker is working exactly as Wargaming intended for it to work with the redesign.

Yep. That's what I was getting at. They managed to deliberately make something that should've been good utterly awful. :wargaming:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Nitramster posted:

Hes a sperg but hes also the only person around that will platoon!

I tell him to let go of his anger and hatred but he just cant. I dont blame him.

Guys I have like seven tier 9 and 10 tanks to purchase and I need to know what the best way to grind credits is. I currently pop a 50% credit booster and alternate between my T-34 and Type-59 but it still takes so long... Is there some trick that i havent heard about?

Get me drunk and steal my password? That'll cover most tier 10 needs.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Hellsau posted:

If someone gets me intoxicated and takes advantage of me I hope they stop at just taking my World of Tanks account.

That's not even taking advantage of you, that's just an unconventional intervention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Nitramster posted:

If only you could transfer credits!

Ha! That's something my account doesn't have! :v: