Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I don't think I've met a feminist woman who was a huge fan of Eminem

Don't meet many Eminem fans period nowadays though, his heyday is in the past.
I don't keep up with him any more but he was pretty big for me during my teens. But then again I'm a white dude, ofcourse he was. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I love you, man is a great romcom.
I know it's about the bromance between two guys, but it still qualifies; Rashida Jones's character is also portrayed well, she never devolves into the anti-fun brigade you would expect the movie to do.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Sarcopenia posted:

I think I've watched that full playlist like 10 times now. I watched a lot of it when I was younger but stopped because I had this feeling of something very unfair going on. It makes total sense why looking back at it.
...and The Elders are gigantic dicks.
:byodame: Phoebe :byodame: HyiHyiHyiHyiHyiHyiHyiHyiHyi

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

I've been watching the Killian experience and I just watched his fallout 4 video where he went on a game theorists parody and came up with the insane theory that fallout 4 is set in Boston
Killian Experience going on his "that's just a theorizing, a game theorizing" thing is a treasure and also made me never want to watch any game theory.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

He is caught up on that PR stuff and is apparently recutting old episodes even. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

If they worst thing about a guy is that he wants to have sex with a green M&M I honestly don't see the problem.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Sarcopenia posted:

"The normies just want to listen to lady Googoo and Kanye East or what ever they're called instead of listening to superior musicians such as Queen and Led Zeppelin."

People like to have fun and for a lot of people having fun means not having to think about things too much.
I always love when people use Kanye as an example there, if you look into the total work he puts into his songs (both the rapping, vocals and production) it's insane.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Any good pieces on this? This is the ICDT, after all - the craft behind art is kind of our thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ONfa_3zh70

Is a good example of the way one of his songs is build up.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

This video is noticeably light on comedy. I absolutely hate how some people psychoanalyze Internet personalities but as she is actually going through transitioning and stuff, I do have to wonder if this mock debate is something she goes through over and over in her head. I'm not trans but I do that sort of thing all the time.
I really hope she is okay, to us as her audience her going from "internet guy that likes to crossdress" to genderqueer to transfemale has been fast, but it has no doubt been in her head for ages. It's very lovely to doubt her conviction and she doesn't seem like the person to make these decisions too fast but I do hope she is okay mentally, insofar that is possible in these rough times coming to terms with herself.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

he was bad because he kept advertising for lootcrate
The only good lootcrate videos are Ashens, cause he shits on them for the junk they usually are.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Blacklisting BotL and MrBibs improves ones forum experience by a lot.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Solitair posted:

Is SMG that goon who posted the really in-depth analysis thread of the first three Bay Transformers movies?
No, thats a different one.

SMG is a poster that I could appreciate the gimmick off but nowadays he is in every CD thread making GBS threads all over and it's gone beyond fun.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah people are being gigantic babies as they tend to do when something slightly uncomfortable comes up.

I mean he is wrong but the that doesn't make a thread hosed up
I think kim identifies as Female, but yeah she didn't gently caress up the thread. It was a normal non shityposty discussion so far imo.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

What are some prime targets for Todd's new series?
The Beginning pretty much killed the Black Eyed Peas didn't it?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

lornekates posted:

Oh for sure, it was more of a curiosity since it was coming from his account.

Though with Lindsay, I imagine this third-act-twist where it turns out she's engaged to a French person whose actual last name is "Fiancee" and whose actual first name translates to "Tea".
So like Grizz's fiancée, Feyoncé?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Miss Wallace posted:

Ah, I hadn't been to this thread in a while.
I vote you do an episode in an amazing 3 piece jeans outfit like our favorite doghater.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I just hope Lupa/Movie Nights is aware of this work of art: https://twitter.com/charmedoutfits

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I never really got Landis so little lost there but this year kinda sucked overall w.r.t. losing "good" celebrities.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Happy NY Kim, hope you enjoyed the fireworks. Ours across the pond in mainland europe where nice.
Looking forward to more quality content from you in 2018.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I think we should stop piling onto Kim now that we are kinda doing it.
I like her content a lot, she seems like a decent person p in all her content; but obviously something in this thread rubbed her the wrong way and she started digging in.
I don't agree with Shoe/Skeptic either and I don't wish to watch any of their content though but two adults finding love is always nice for people IMO.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I think for all the stuff surrounding Taylor that he does have genuine talent, both to tap into attitudes on music and songwriting skill.
All her albums have a few songs that are genuinely great.

2018 will likely have Ariana4 and Carly 4 so it will be good.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

bessantj posted:

It blows my mind that this is what passes for popular entertainment. It probably shouldn't maybe I'm just too old to see it as anything other than a group of arseholes being arseholes.
I have no qualm admitting that shitdips like that make me legit jealous of how financially comfortable they (seemingly) are. I'm constantly struggling with physical pain and finding steady employment and these asshats get to live the life.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I don't think there's any argument, everybody seems to agree that MovieBob is a jerk.
This is not an emptyquote.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

I've always been happy that most other people hate Miranda too, woe is me being made so "perfect", please Shepard comfort me and my dumb buck teeth, oh no the camera's found it's way right to my rear end again.
A poster on a recent-ish LP commented that both Miranda's and Jacob's story would land better if their genders where flipped; and I kind of agree.
It's me, the person that liked Jacod a lot as a non-romance no-nonsense character.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Also gently caress all of you, Rannoch is the pinnacle of the third game's plot. Leigon's death hit me harder than Mordin's ever did.
If you don't hack in legion early game in ME2 you ain't playing it right
"There was a hole" :allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

endolithic posted:

I loved Legion as a character, but ME3 did things with the Geth that I wasn't a fan of so my feels were muted with disappointment.
ME3 geth where a decently follow-up to ME1 geth, but the character they got in ME2 due to legion did no line up at all.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Bakeneko posted:

But anyway, for all the things wrong with the Mass Effect I still think it did a great job of world-building, and the character writing that worked, worked really well. Having solid gameplay (most of the time) and top-tier production values also helped prop up the weak points in the script, although getting the mod that changes the third game’s ending is a must for anyone playing it nowadays.
With the extended cut the Destroy ending works okay if you just pretend Shepard was hallucinating the dumb starkid. :v: And then we used the thing and the reapers blew up! Also oops some stuff broke time to rebuild some cool gethbro's.
That mod you linked seems to do just that so ill take it. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

financially racist posted:

still less terrible than the tali romance option, at least
Tali is cool and you are always nice to her, but actually romancing her is wrong. She's the little-sister character.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Kay Kessler posted:

The dev (or just a troll claiming to be the dev) has already sent Jim an e-mail threatening to have the vid taken down. No surprise, he called Jim a "fag".
Can't wait for the Digital Homocide 2: Suelectric bugaloo video.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Kim Justice posted:

Same with so many other TGWTG guys really. Hence why the big ol' series that was done on them was kind of a load of nothing in the end.

Did that dude ever get to Tod//Lindsey? I recall the video maker being a gamersgator so i feared the worst w.r.t. Lindsey's abortion.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Edit: wrong tab,

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Jenny Nicholson's got you covered until then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILZ7Oy3gM5U

Hey its Jenny being mentioned in here, her channel is great. A Good mix of optimism, cynicism, dry humor and slowly increasing amounts of Porgs appearing in the background.
Her MLP cleaning video is also wholesome as all hell. :3:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

business hammocks posted:

I want to know how hbomb has mutual friends with Prison Paul. I want to know how Prison Paul has friends in the first place.
I was curious as well to this, unless Hbomb means mutual friend as in a social media one but that doesn't seem like him.
He's been compromised, he is secretly alt-right all along. Get the pitchforks out. :shepface:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Darks Souls 1 is amazing but also nostalgic by now.
Darks Souls 2 is great, it does a lot of things right compared to 1; and some things less well.
Darks Souls 3 seems pretty drat cool, I'm about halfway.

Metroid Fusion is the 2nd best Metroid. :colbert:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I Before E posted:

My opinion of Dark Souls is that Dante should have been the one to fill them with light.
DMC4 Dante with d-pad styleswitching and I agree.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I think in my mind DS1 pvp will always be the best, Invading in Anor Londo and just camping on that part with a tanky build.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

MiddleOne posted:

Jak 2 is the best PS2 ever got. Edgy in that very dated grim-dark way and oppressively difficult at the same time.
There was a reason it was called Jak II: Renegade in Europe. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

MiddleOne posted:

Hbomb would defend DMC.
DmC: Devil May Cry is a perfectly serviceable game.
It just isn't a great DMC game, but neither was DMC2 so there are worse things to defend really.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Andrast posted:

Who would win, Goku or Pewdiepie?
Jiren or maybe Ashens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Internet Critic Discussion Thread 4.0 : A New Hope

Linear Zoetrope posted:

I mean, I can, but nobody was exactly requesting it until now so I didn't bother.
I can do it if you want, im not the most active poster in the thread but I read it all.

• Locked thread