Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

RagnarokAngel posted:

I enjoy the Simpsons and Family Guy city builder games. There's a lot of events with stuff that's buy only but they're not too bad about letting you actually do the events without paying a cent.

I gave up both of these games around the point where you had to wait a whole day for one minute of gameplay. That's fine for some people, but I just couldn't find the fun in it. I quit Clash of Clans and that Star Wars game for similar reasons though, so maybe it's just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

TraderStav posted:

How is Carmen not available in the US?

The goal is to figure out where in the world the game is available.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

MagusProject posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with this? The website version tells me to install the Amazon app to buy the items, but the app version tells me to add the items to my wishlist, to buy and download them from my PC.

Are you using the website on your phone? Make sure you're using the desktop version of the site (menu -> request desktop site in Chrome).

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Geektox posted:

Yeah it combines with any Play gift cards. It's the same balance.

You just can't buy devices with it.

edit: I think. I can't actually find anything to back up that claim now.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Apr 18, 2015

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

FadedReality posted:

Unless I'm missing something there's a free to download 24 puzzle demo with a $5 premium unlock for the whole game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appturbo.appoftheday2015

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Rapner posted:

Adventure Capitalist just pushed an update with two more 'levels', like making money on the moon and I don't know what the third is.

I was just about to uninstall it due to beating it tomorrow :(

I haven't opened that game in nearly two weeks. I bet I have a 900 quadrillion dollars waiting for me.

edit: only 475 quadrillion :(

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Hey guys did you get the waterpark question?!?!

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Wendell posted:

I haven't gotten it. Thank you for asking, Vykk. :)

Google already knows you're a liar :ssh:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

ippon posted:

Man, all these posts about going to Lowe's and home depot and getting rewards is crazy. I've been to both multiple times recently and nothing.

Do you have Location Services turned on?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Tunga posted:

I enjoyed playing through Puzzle Craft a couple of years ago.

Puzzle Craft posted:

This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

Puzzle Craft was really addictive but it's been unavailable for some time now. :mad:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

mrkillboy posted:

A port of 90s shooter Terminal Velocity has been quietly released on the Play Store.

Did the game really look that lovely? :ohdear:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Funkmaster General posted:

I've never had a location-based survey ask me to rate anything before. The standard template seems to be "When was the last time you visited [x location I was at an hour ago]?" followed by "How did you get there?" where the options are "walking," "driving," "biking," or "public transportation." Occasionally I'll also be asked to pick out where I've been recently from a list and then asked no followup questions.

Do you really get those the same day you visit the location? Mine always seem to be two days later.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Google Play has ratings now??

Nice. I don't see any way to filter out certain ones so it's not very useful. I wonder who is policing the ratings. I figured everyone would just mark their apps as Everybody or Teen, but Modern Combat 5 is indeed rated Mature.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I checked out the "New Family Fun" link on the front page of Google Play and apparently there is some kind of free app of the week in this new "family" section. I'm not sure if all of them are going to be apps by PBS Kids though, like the current one is.

This seems like a rather strange way to give away apps. It doesn't seem to tell you what the app is until you click the banner, which takes you straight to the install screen, and there doesn't seem to be any way to get to the app page from there, so if you want to know anything about the app, you then have to search for it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

A better comparison would be a TV show you don't actually watch.

A better comparison would be HGTV: you watch it when you're bored, or in the background while you do other stuff, but you don't go out of your way to watch it. It's interesting, but not fascinating.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

So far, I'm pretty happy to stick with AdVenture Capitalist as my idle game.

I was really into this until I got to the moon. The moon was so disappointing that I gave up pretty quickly. Probably didn't help that I was busy playing The Witcher 3 in my spare time.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

How the gently caress did I come back to 38 new posts, one of them is about a city builder, and no one is talking about it?!?

because we have to talk about how completely normal wacky our Google surveys are.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Len posted:

Lifeline just killed my immersion by referencing Ren & Stimpy and Van Halen.

Why's that?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Len posted:

I figured it was a good bit into the future and the fact Ren & Stimpy is remembered a good bit into the future throws me.

Not so far into the future that they aren't still using platter hard drives on their space ships :shrug:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

precision posted:

e: I drive by a Home Depot almost every day, and it never triggers a survey. I have Location turned on and everything :iiam:

Do you think maybe that's because you aren't actually going TO home depot?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

A commander keen port for Android would be pretty great though.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

This is the one I got

What was your answer?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

coyo7e posted:

Interesting, but I gave up on the amazon free apps because I often found I couldn't play them without it connecting to the amazon store. Same reason I don't buy mp3s through them anymore either.

I thought Amazon's MP3s were DRM free. Why would you need to connect to anything in order to listen to music?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Onean posted:

After playing through and almost getting 100% on Lara Croft GO (Just two achievements, which I don't really care about. All outfits unlocked though.), I guess I should pick up Hitman GO, huh?

Is the game that short? Maybe I'll wait until it goes on sale then.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Norns posted:

Any of you try it Laura Croft Go yet?

Yeah, it's pretty fun. Feels similar to Monument Valley. It's probably very similar to Hitman Go, but I never played that so I can't compare them.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I have to ask, is this worth a drat? I know it's free, but if it sucks, I'm not even going to bother to download.

Just try arguing with that :colbert:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Rastor posted:

I've played through Monument Valley almost exclusively on flights. However, the total of the game and its expansions may not be much more than 11 hours of content if you have excellent spacial relationship skills.

I don't recall Monument Valley and the expansion being much more than 3 hours worth of game.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

"Terms of Service posted:

2. Limitations. The Gift Card may be used for purchases of eligible items on Google Play only. Limits may apply to redemption and use. Items ineligible for purchase using Gift Card include certain items in the “Devices” section of Google Play (e.g., phones, tablets and related device accessories) and certain subscriptions, see the Help Center for more information. The Gift Card is not redeemable for cash or other cards, is not reloadable or refundable, cannot be combined by you with other non-Google Play balances in your Google Payments account, and cannot be resold, exchanged or transferred for value, except as required by law.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

JayKay posted:

Star Wars ally code: 838-763-456

I'm in the process of adding everyone in the thread

This is the kind of thing we really need a spreadsheet for, so we don't have to search through the last 10 pages looking for codes.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

At what point in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes are you supposed to be able to use those codes that everyone was posting? I'm up around level 25 but I haven't seen anything about codes and have no idea what they are for.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

God dammit, I got asked about truffles again. I'm gonna have to go do it sometime now because I'm so loving curious about what it's all about.

Google's plan is finally working :smuggo:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Or instead of playing the guessing game, install DiskUsage and see exactly what is taking up space.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

cyberia posted:

What are people's current favourite poop-break games? Preferably something without a lot of IAP or grinding, just a game I can play for a few minutes at a time.

I have been enjoying Alto, especially watching the llamas slide down steep hills on their butts :3:

Someone recently mentioned Battle Cats so I started playing it again and it's still great. Also, this might be a temporary bonus thing, but I pretty quickly got two golden tickets in the game which led me to two rare cats which I was able to trade in for about 100,000 XP. Now I have super powerful cats.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Which of those are memes?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

Kinda an esoteric question, but is there any genre of game app that is most reliant on IAP currencies (or, relatedly, the least easy to get those currency through normal play)?

Town-building games?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

It was alright, I think it suffered from a problem in a lot of mobile puzzle games, where you just mash around the screen until it does what you want.

Maybe if you're a toddler. Controls seemed perfectly smooth to me.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

GodspeedSphere posted:

What am I missing here?

Found the guy that forgot.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

The three Lifeline games are on sale for $0.10 each.

Lifeline
Lifeline 2
Lifeline: Silent Night

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

tater_salad posted:

After level 20 it's the 4.99 pack thst gives yiu a dragon I believe, it's not called "starter pack"

I think it's called Dragon Bundle (Starter Pack). It definitely said starter pack somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Cloud based saves?

If you were asking if Nonstop Knight has cloud based saves, the answer is yes.