Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

I must keep my fantasy football activities secret from my wife, so that I can delay for as long as possible the moment when she gapes at me with that wide-eyed, hurt look, hugging the TV, and cries: "It's football season again already ??"

She was out of town this weekend while I had the draft on the whole time, heh heh. She suspects nothing.

she went out of town because she knew you'd be watching the draft but that neither of you are ready to admit it. a good wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Signed up 11 people for my first work league yesterday, it's gonna be a fun season. ($10 buyin winner takes all, Yahoo STD h2h, w/r flex)

I am going to lose.

draft with beersheets and be active on the waiver wire and you'll probably win

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah that really provides a boost to the pass heavy QBs. I'd likely target Rodgers in the first after the elite RBs are gone.

Tried to get at you on IRC but the podcast I recommended that's in the OP, Fantasy Underground, is no more. It was Christopher Harris and Field Yates. Field is now an ESPN on air person and Christopher Harris has left ESPN to start his own site (harrisfootball.com) and a solo podcast (there are guests). It's called the "Harris Football" podcast and it's actually a better podcast than Fantasy Underground (5 days a week instead of 2, different guests every episode so there's more points of view).

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Silly Burrito posted:

Field Yates is now on the Fantasy Focus podcast with Matthew Berry, if you're looking for him.

good to know but pretty much this

Spoeank posted:

Field Yates is so boring and not all that insightful why would you seek him out

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

DeepDickPizza posted:

For real. A.) If this guy really had such good ~*~insider information~*~, why would he use so much FAAB on a guy he could almost certainly pick up for free? and B.) He loving bid $69!!!! nice.

Was going to post exactly this with the addition of :lol: at an NFL starting running back who is fighting for his job tanking because he's mad his team acquired a prospect.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Dandy Kaiser posted:

With my RBs of Peterson, Morris, Yeldon, David Johnson, and Taliaferro and a league with no waivers where not one person gives a poo poo about Zo, I feel like i could pretty safely drop him this week for Michael if he's going to be limited Sunday, and then if (when) nothing comes of it, could probably pick Zo back up with no consequence. I just don't want to be the idiot and do with him what I did with McKinnon last year and throw away a flex play because I kept waffling him to the point that my leaguemates caught on.

Snaps Zo has in the NFL this year: greater than 0
Snaps Cmike has this year: 0

loving stupid rumors posted about Zo in this thread: 0
loving stupid rumors posted about Cmike in this thread: 1

Yeah, definitely drop Zo for Cmike. Clearly Zo is the one without the clear path to fantasy points. Nevermind his 10 points last week.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I have no idea about Perriman being drop prone or not but I think the Ravens showed w/ Torrey Smith that they will start a drop prone guy if he is a burner who can stretch the field. Stretching the field opens up the running game for them. I'm more excited for Forsett/Taliaferro once Perriman starts playing than I am for Perriman.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Doppelganger posted:

Is Sam Bradford droppable?

It's early to be cutting bait with Bradford. I think the Eagles will figure something out. I couldn't blame you for benching Bradford until he shows you something or, if you have a short bench, dropping him.

fun fact: Bradford is only 3 fantasy points behind Andrew Luck on the year.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
[serious]Way more worried about Bradford staying bad than Luck staying bad[/serious]

Where does the hype on Perriman come from?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

BigFactory posted:

I guess I should have played Joseph Randle.

I played Joseph Randle :getin:

but I shoulda played Marvin Jones or Kendall Wright over Jordan Matthews or Davante Adams

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Timett posted:

I think a combination of the Draft Kings ad worked into an episode of The League I just watched combined with these "Player has X Points on Draft Kings" pop ups I keep seeing during the games has driven me over the edge into full DFS hate. I feel like I held out longer than most.

I almost rounded the corner from hating to embracing and submitted a lineup today but I couldn't figure out how to get free money from them since I used a promo code last year so I held strong. Lineup was garbage too so hooray

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Gonna bench Justin Forsett until Ravens don't look like garbage

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

VDay posted:

So the bad news is that I'm going to totally waste AJ Green's ~40 point game and have Blount sitting on my bench.

The good news is that it won't matter because the guy I'm playing has Dalton, Cardinals D, Chris Johnson, 4 other guys who scored 10+ points, and is going to put up like 150 points this week.

Yay fantasy football :suicide:

Gotta play Blount every week so you can hit those 2-3 games where he goes nuts

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Digital Jedi posted:

My win this week is going to come down to who Manning likes more Sanders or Thomas.

I really hope it is Thomas for my sake.

good luck but you know it is sanders

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

SeannieDarko posted:

I'm already on it, brother. My team is now called Tyrodasaurus Rex!

Nice one I went with Good Receptions with Tmobile

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

gingerberger posted:

Anyone who watches Baltimore know if there's any chance of Taliaferro taking Forsetts job if he continues to suck? I'm thinking of dropping Zo to grab Carr for the week (I have tannehill now). I'm obviously never playing Zo unless he takes the job through injury or competence.

Zo vultured a touchdown in week 2 but he's been hurt all season. It's unlikely that he overtakes Forsett in the next couple weeks. To overtake Forsett based on playing well I imagine Zo would need to be off the injury report and start performing really well. Zo is a more intriguing back than Forsett. He's got better size and good speed. But for now I don't think there's any concern of Zo taking over unless Forsett is injured.

The risk you run in dropping Zo is mostly that Forsett gets hurt this week or that Zo lights up the fantasy scoreboard by vulturing multiple touchdowns. Both of those things are not impossible so weigh that against the value of keeping Tannehill.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

quote:

Bob Sturm
Bob Sturm – Verified account ‏@SportsSturm

Lots of signs that we are quickly approaching C-Mike time. Like Sunday quick.

quote:

Randy Long
29m29 minutes ago
Randy Long ‏@rlong10
@SportsSturm why, can he player QB?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

LmaoTheKid posted:

Hurricane might postpone WAS/PHI. Might end up forced off Chips wild ride for one weekend regarding JMatt.

What the gently caress. The hurricane ain't gonna do poo poo. It will rain a bit and there will be a breeze. People get stupid about hurricanes around DC.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

LmaoTheKid posted:

I think collusion is something like a 3-0 team trades a kicker to the 0-3 team for Lynch. Everything else is basically fair game and vetos are dumb.

Collusion is pretty easy it's when both parties to a trade make a trade with the goal of helping one party while hurting the other party.

For instance, when a team that is obviously losing gives up good players to a better team to help them out because they are quitting or something, that's collusion. Or when a team loans a player to another team for a week to help them defeat another team who is ahead in the standings.

The key thing with collusion is that both parties performed the trade to benefit only one party. In the case of a lopsided trade you can't know there is collusion without the parties involved admitting to it.

Dren fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 2, 2015

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Why are all my sites projecting TJ Yeldon as a better start than Chris Johnson or Chris Ivory? Am I missing something? CJ2K has the Rams porous run D for god's sake.

Never look at the projections they are very misleading. If you need help with sit/start decisions go find a rank list from a fantasy expert you like and use that to help you decide. Alternatively you can use the fantasypros expert consensus ranking (ECR) which just averages a bunch of rankings. If the guys you are looking at are within a couple spots of each other then go with your gut.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

DeepDickPizza posted:

Someone suggested Boris Chen's averaged ranks here in the past. I really enjoy those.

Those are fine too. They go beyond an average by showing tiers + std deviation to give a sense of how far apart players are within the rankings. I don't put too much stock in the extra info but it's neat to look at.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Arian Foster is such a mixed bag of messages and opinions from the writers around the Internet.

I know he has ATL but does anyone really believe he's going to come back and tear it up week one? I could easily see an easing back into playing.

Worth starting over CJ2K?

We have no idea about Foster, you really ought to wait until you've seen it for a week or better yet cash in on the hype that he's coming back and trade him.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

opposable thumbs.db posted:

It looks like Joique Bell is out for Monday's game. It might be worth it to speculatively add Zenner in case the coaching staff still doesn't like Abdullah. Maybe only if you have someone on your bench that you feel comfortable dropping (like Taliaferro perhaps since the Ravens already played).

What site do you play on where you can drop someone who already played that week before the week is over

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
lol at the cmike hype the week after Randle had his best game of the year

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Michael Corleone posted:

When should I pick up Josh Gordon to keep for next year to be 'ahead of the curve'? But in all seriousness, where will he be drafted next year, or what will he cost? Assuming a mid round flyer because with him it is a half strike and he is done forever.

After the way he played last year, when he did play, I wouldn't take him before the 8th.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
QB streaming this week? Available in my league are Kaep, Tannehill, Bradford, Cutler, Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, Manuel, McCown, Hasselbeck

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

BigFactory posted:

Not mccown vs Denver. I could see cutler, fitz, or tannehill being decent. If you roll with EJ Manuel and he puts up points you'll look like a genius.

I'm leaning Kaep at the moment. Baltimore's secondary is horrendous.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I fell into the Thursday trap yet again and started Cooks with James Jones in my flex when I should've started Jones over Cooks at WR and flexed Yeldon/Bradshaw. It's nice being 1-4 and already being in a 15 point hole with a player down :suicide:

the mistake there was drafting cooks in the first place

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

madkapitolist posted:

Should I drop houston Def and start picking up week to week? They've been pretty bad.. I have the option of picking up baltimore d vs 49'ers for this weekend.

Don't do it Baltimore D is bad

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Murphy Brownback posted:

I dropped them last week. They are second to last in fantasy scoring, with only Miami being worse. Whatever they were in the past, I don't think they are even close to being an every-week starter. I don't know about Baltimore, but it's hard to be worse than Houston's D right now so you're probably fine either way.

Baltimore's secondary is garbage.

quote:

Ravens cornerback Ladarius Webb (thigh) is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game in San Francisco, Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun reports.
After suffering the injury during last week's loss to the Browns, Webb watched helplessly as Josh McCown set a franchise record for passing yards. The Ravens have minimal depth at cornerback, and it's not entirely clear how they will replace Webb.

The defense that let Josh McCown set a franchise passing record.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Is Stefon Diggs for real? I am hurting at WR and am trying to decide how much FAAB Diggs is worth. I have Jordan Matthews, Kendall Wright, and Marvin Jones. I need someone who can at least put up ~10 points a game with upside. Is Charles Johnson coming back a huge question mark for Diggs? Is it worth paying for him anyway?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Tortilla Maker posted:

Hi Nerds,

Who are you all referencing when mentioning "Charmander"?

Also, I'm in need of a TE this week as Eifert is on a bye.

In standard scoring, am I better picking up L. Donnell or Z. Ertz this week?

Chardonnay West

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Dren posted:

Chardonnay West

Wait that's not right it's Charkendrick Lamar Miller

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Spoeank posted:

How many years in a row does CMike have to be a garbage man player before we give up on him

With CMike I have to see it before I'll believe it. He is fine to have on your bench in case he supplants Randle but he should be dropped without hesitation if you need to cover for the bye weeks of players who have actually scored fantasy points this year or need room to pick up an actual breakout player.

I am starting Randle this week in my flex over Kendall Wright because just like with CMike, I will believe Randle is not the #1 back when I see it.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

BigFactory posted:

Ok so here's a trade question. A team that I really want to win this week to take out a team ahead of me has McManus on bye. I'd trade him Josh Brown for McManus, but then I'd be out a kicker. So I'd want to do a 2 for 1, but I can't justify trading 2 guys for a kicker, can I?

This is starting to get crazy but here's one option:

C. West and J. Brown for McManus.

OR J. Randle, S. Diggs and J. Brown for McManus and D Martin.

This is all too stupid to think about right?

The second option gives you more of a smokescreen

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Did anyone make a waivers post for this week yet?

I know that #1 is DWilly for all of the FAAB but is there anyone else out there?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Did they even throw to Jordan Matthews at all in the second half two weeks ago? He had some real bad drops in the first half (of course he did) and it seemed like they threw in the towel on him. This week will be really telling. He's about an inch away from being dropped from my team.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I posted this in the GDT by mistake but

Last night Jordan Matthews looked like exactly the player I drafted him to be, solid WR2 with WR1 upside. I don't think I saw a single drop from him and he made some catches that were pretty good despite seeming to be game planned out to start the game. He was 8 for 92 without counting the 41 yard overtime TD, a solid performance. Bradford continues to worry me in that he seems to really need time in the pocket but he did ok last night when pressured. Regarding the Eagles as a team it worried me that the Eagles spent the third quarter and part of the fourth pretending Cole Beasley didn't exist, basically not covering him at all on multiple plays and letting him go nuts. So if you have Cole Beasely don't get excited.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I have $21/$100 left of my FAAB. Someone dropped James Jones. My WRs are Amendola, Davante Adams, Marvin Jones, and Jordan Matthews. Should I spend the remainder of my FAAB to pick up James Jones: Hoodie Edition?

My only motivation for holding onto my FAAB is the hope that a startable RB will crawl out of the woodwork. I have AP and Buck Allen, and no one else.

Dren fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Mikey Purp posted:

Amendola officially OUT.

Nooooooooo

• Locked thread