Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CVagts posted:

You mean the guy in the cage in the giant's lair? That's simple, just get him out of the cage without waking the giant.

That's the guy I mean, but he shows up with Hjalmar at Kaer Morhen and after the fight if you read his journal entry it says he died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

So I just started the Bald Mountain quest. Am I able to leave it and go gently caress around? I went up like 6 levels in the questline before it and want to go mastercraft my gear.

Does anyone know?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ I go with 2 horns, 2 decoys, 2 scorches, with weather cards depending on the faction and leader. Frost is definitely the best weather card, because of spies and the dragon with melee scorch.

Finally finished the game(except for 2 contracts). Mostly enjoyed the ending but I wish the game explained the White Frost better. I'm still not sure what it is or why you need the Elder blood to stop it.

On an unrelated question, during the Bald Mountain quest why does the surviving crone take Ciri/Vesemir's medallion? Just to be a dick?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 26, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of Skellige's Most Wanted, if you decide to kill the monsters do you get to kill a Godling?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
"I'm gonna make a slingshot and hunt bears!"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Helith posted:

I have just made an amazing discovery that has literally changed how I play the game and had me giggling like a loon out of sheer excitement and joy!

Theres a lift at Kaer Trolde! From the harbour up to the bridge!

I had a really weird thing happen on that lift once when I went down it. As soon as I hit the button to descend Geralt died as if he fell(spread eagle on the ground), then the screen went black and I "woke up" as the lift was going down, stood up, and recovered all my health.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

etalian posted:

Please don't kill rock trolls

The only one I killed was the one that killed a bunch of miners for trying to mine his silver. Also he attacks you as soon as he sees you and you have to calm him down to talk to him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fun Times! posted:

Started playing today. Was surprised my PC could handle ultra settings. I turned off hairworks because I don't have an Nvidia card I can't really notice a difference. I'm only an hour in and I'm exploring all over so I have no idea where this Ciri girl came from. Maybe Alvin will return and they'll see a movie together? Going to play some more now seeya.

Did you not finish Witcher 1? Alvin is super dead.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zakmonster posted:

You can't, then. Same goes for Succubus mutagen - you only meet 2 as part of quests and you can choose to either kill them or spare them, and there aren't any out in the open world.

Speaking of Succubus', if you let the Succubus in Novigrad go, the journal says that Geralt might come to regret it later. So she was bad after all? As far as I can tell there's no way to determine that in the quest, its just her word against the guards.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Gonna be awkward when I beat him using gear from his own school.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

eXXon posted:

So uh was there ever a definitive answer as to what happened to Adda, Anais and John Natalis?

John Natalis went missing after a battle, I don't think Adda and Anais are ever mentioned.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pellisworth posted:

do you mean Igni (flamethrower)? in which case yes it's pretty awesome

Aard doesn't do damage unless you dump a ton of points into Signs to get to the highest tier.

When you knock most enemies down with Aard you can press light attack to kill them instantly. Works when you knock harpies out of the sky as well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Palpek posted:

There was an exploit at release that CD Projekt missed where you could run between 3 merchants in Novigrad, buy seashells from one, turn them into pearls, sell them to the other merchant to buy currency from him and then turn the currency into the proper one at the bank and buy even more seashells etc. which would net you crazy profit like 100,000 an hour or something which was completely game breaking. They patched it out. I actually think they fixed the regenerating currency at the second merchant at the same time though which could be in order to stop another exploit that didn't get discovered yet or to simply stop any future exploits as a precaution.

It was a lot simpler than that. You could just buy the seashells for more than the pearls they turned into selled for.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well dang I wasn't expecting to come back to this game but the DLC looks rad as hell.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I haven't played since release, is Igni still op as gently caress?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
DLC items bug?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How'd they nerf Firestream? Just lower burn chance so it can't stunlock anymore?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Played this on release and I think I'll start a new game since so much has changed. Any big balance changes I should know? E.g. Is Firestream still ridiculously overpowered? Is the crossbow tree still worthless?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way the DLCs are meant to be played postgame at a high level right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jack Trades posted:

Not really. Hearts of Stone at least should be played BEFORE the end of the main game.
You can get a reward relevant to the ending of the main game.

EDIT: Blood and Wine should be played after the main game though.

Right before the final mission then?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Just to clarify on this: one of the Heart of Stone rewards basically gives you tips on how to get the good endings for the main game.

Yeah that's not exactly helpful since I've already completed the game once.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The entire stealing mechanic in Witcher 3 is just "Don't steal in front of guards" right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bluhman posted:

What counts as a 'guard' is unbelievably sketchy. Stuff like random nilfgardian soldiers actually don't care at all when you steal from them, whereas at other times they'll flip their lid if it's like in a military base (that you might've just rescued!).

Most surefire way to do it is to first try opening a container nearby a suspect NPC. If they react by facing at you and saying something warning before you grab the item, it counts as stealing.

Yeah I remember that despite what threats the guards throw at you they'll only actually do something if you take an item. So you can check containers all you want. And if you're really not sure if a guard is in eyesight you can savescum(or just run away when they become hostile and come back later).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Can you turn off the alternate Gwent card art DLC? I prefer the original.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How hard is death march as a light armour build? Is it more frustrating than fun?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

hemophilia posted:

Make sure to be good at the game first.

In that case I'll go with the difficulty below death march. If I really want the achievement I'll just go through the story on NG+.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How's enemy upscaling? Should I turn it on from the beginning or only do it when I've overleveled?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It does the best moral choices I've ever seen too. So many of them don't have a "right" choice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are there any timed quests? Like actually timed, not that you fail them by progressing the story too far.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SirSamVimes posted:

Not just that, but instead of waiting until an enhanced edition to do UI and quality of life overhauls they did them with the expansions and incorporated them into the base game.

Not expansions, patches. So you don't even need to buy the DLC to get them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:stare:

Aerondight. You brilliant fuckers. Nine years coming full circle right here.

Is that better than the grandmaster swords? Besides sign builds of course.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you put glyphs in a sword that's part of a set(Feline, Griffin, Ursine, ect.) and then upgrade the sword to the next tier, do you lose the glyphs?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What does the "Alternate Quick Access Menu Control" option do?

Also the alternate movement is amazing, so much better than default.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Man Gourmet is ridiculous(at least in the early game). Makes Sun and Stars redundant too.

Also how much do places of power boost a sign? Wondering if the skill that makes them permanent is worthwhile.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gonkish posted:

Wow, the Skellige deck seems nuts. The Alchemist in Beauclair keeps throwing down Cerys and that card alone is basically 40+ points, because she musters longships with her which have that trait that multiplies their score when multiple are present. So in his case, he throws down Cerys (10 points), then TWO longships (6 or 8 points each, I can't remember), and it's just... "oh hey yeah you lose".

Muster and Tight bond on the same card? :stonk:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr E posted:

Regarding Gwent, the only people I need to battle are the ones for the quests, right? All the other cards can be bought? I wanna play the game sometimes and collect em all, but don't wanna battle every merchant and smith.

No, you have to battle like 90% of the merchants/smiths to get all the cards.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How exactly does bartering work? Is it possible to get less than the initial reward or is it basically risk-free?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So since the bottle guy in Novigrad doesn't buy everything anymore is there anywhere to sell bolts?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

sitchelin posted:

I grabbed the Witcher trilogy on a sale last week. Does this series have a save import feature like in Mass Effect, as in will any choices I make in Witcher 1 be reflected in Witcher 2 and so forth? I'm working through Witcher 1 at the moment and I am hating every goddamn second of it, the gameplay is just so loving bad. I heard Witcher 2 and 3 are much, much better.

Yeah but it barely changes anything. Biggest difference is if you kill certain characters they won't appear in the sequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently nothing carries over from Witcher 1 to 3 since Thaler will be alive even if he died and Princess Adda is nowhere to be found.