Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Kessel posted:

the improvised weapon set is loving amazing

the sword is the bars of a broken window with the shards of glass still attached

the hammer is an anvil glued to a stick

the greatsword is a bunch of sawblades glued to a pole
I want that entire set and it annoys me that it's for claim tickets cause I don't have enough of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Kessel posted:

The last tier for some of the Pact masteries is five million XP. Good luck with that now that dungeons are gone.
I jumped into the Halloween area cause I figured I could get xp and do the seasonal event at the same time then found out you can't gain xp for masteries in the Halloween area lol

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Visidan posted:

ANET got this hero point stuff the wrong way round. People want to play the new specs in the new content.

Right now you play the old specs, finish everything then you get the new spec... with nothing for it to do.
Yeah I've been focusing on trying to get hero points to use my elite and I was pretty incensed when I managed to glider my way to a point that I guess is only supposed to be accessable through a burrow (since it's really low and the only way out is a burrow) and it didn't let me use it at all :geno:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I want to know what kind of whack rear end world I now live in when I can boot up Star Wars WoW and get to max level doing nothing but story content but I have to poopsock GW2 to get anywhere in the new expansion

jaegerx posted:

1 thing I hope everyone agrees on. The new zones are beautiful and amazing.
I did an event in the first HoT area where you had to plant bombs at the base of a giant tendril while crashing helicopters fall all around you and it was cool as hell. The new areas all look and feel really cool I just really hate the overtuned enemies combined with the sparse waypoints.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
So are there more Pact Tyria mastery points than are needed? Because if not that means if I want to get 100% masteries for Pact Tyria I have to buy the rest of season 2 that I don't have. :nallears:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Schpyder posted:

Yes, everyone needs to touch the thing,
hosed up imo

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I tomed my Guardian up to 80 because I've been meaning to do that and I wanted to help a friend finish off his last few levels on his Warrior but I spent so much time princessing that he had to go. :rip: But the important thing is that I finished my look on my Guardian:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I main a warrior but haven't had the chance to try berserker yet. Is it really that bad?
I don't know about effectiveness but I'm at least having a lot of fun with it, just chopping things with an Axe and turning berserk mode on to chop faster. Also head butting to stun myself and punching people so hard they go flying backwards is great.

ShadowMar posted:

mmo players are the only people who hate quality of life changes
Empty quotin'

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Mercurius posted:

I haven't forgotten but thanks to constantly running people through the new zones to get hero points I haven't really had time. Unfortunately, you can only send 2 mails before you get message suppressed and you can only have 5 attachments per mail so with the amount of stuff people have asked for I'm going to have to find half an hour to do nothing but send out dyes in the mail.
I can help out with mailing stuff; I'll hit you up on Steam when you get home.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Schpyder posted:

Pray for my 970 and drives, goons. I really don't want this computer death to run up into the $1k+ range. :pray:
Don't worry, the only things you're missing are me running guild missions terribly and said missions not giving credit.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Entenzahn posted:

When are HP trains usually happening? I've just stayed up until 3 AM waiting for the end of guild missions and then it turned out noone was actually running one. :v: I want in on that dragonhunter goodness
Schpyder used to run them daily but his computer exploded so he'll be out for a few days. Mercurius runs a few if he can but he was at work today so yeah.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Visidan posted:

Make sure you dentists have been collecting the crystals from the guild hall ore node everyday, you'll be able to buy the new skins tomorrow from the trader.
Speaking of these crystals I got one the other day and just shook my head when I realised you couldn't deposit it in the bank storage tab so it's just sitting there eating space in my inventory. Glad the storage tab/wallet seems to exist solely so anet can forget about it whenever they add a new crafting material/currency.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Primetime posted:

Do / How often do bank/bag slot expansions go on sale? I just want to get 1-2 so I don't have to start trashing boosters to make room for other items, but $7.50 for 11 bank slots, or $5 to use one more bag seems ridiculous
11 bank slots? Each bank tab you buy is 30 slots.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

J3ng4 posted:

I hope there are some armor models coming soon that aren't gated behind 300 hours of gathering/crafting or farming mats. Dressup is getting kind of bland now that I've tried so many different armor set combos.
I'm just imagining a Monkey's Paw-esque situation now where they start releasing new armour sets... and you have to unlock each individual piece with BLC Tickets.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Yeah there doesn't really seem to be a dilemma here. Just return the gold reward.
Here's the part I don't get: wouldn't it actually take more effort to go out of your way to nerf dungeon rewards than it would take to just... leave them be and not touch them at all?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Johnny Joestar posted:

e: also i unlocked the beginning collection for the colossus precursor and it looks sort of neat as a fun little thing to do on the side but i'm dreading starting on it because i know what to expect from the second tier :smith:
Every now and then I consider crafting a precursor but then I 1) look at what the cost is for even the first part and get discouraged and 2) remember I can't even finish it because I don't have enough mastery points to get the last two precursor masteries and I can't be assed to go around and collect like 15 more Tyria points :geno:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Patch is Good

quote:

Events in the Heart of Thorns maps are no longer subject to diminishing returns for their rewards.
lol that this was even a thing in the first place though

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Schpyder posted:

I won't be around on Saturday, but given the large number of new/returning goons lately and the new free 80 boost, I'd be up for running some HP trains in the upcoming weeks. Sunday missions turnout has been abysmal lately, so I might do it in lieu of that for a while?
But if we don't do Sunday missions what will I have left to live for? :ohdear:

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 23, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Does anyone know how fast legendaries sell on the TP? I got a scepter precursor drop during the HP train yesterday and was thinking of crafting up the Meteorlogicus and selling it since I have a lot of the mats on hand already and it would get me like 3x more gold from a buy order than just selling the precursor. I was curious though how fast it would move if I put it up as a sell order since I could get even more gold doing that, but there's no point if they don't sell and it just sits there on the TP forever.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

:feelsgood:

E: Permanent Hair Stylist sitting at 2999g to buy, so tempting right now

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Apr 30, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Illuyankas posted:

Do charr characters have or need a concealed carry permit for the racial skill Hidden Pistol?
p sure Charr have mandatory open carry laws

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

SlothBear posted:

You have more Asura than Charr is really the problem here.
Forget that, he filled the entire human row but only has 4 Charr? smdh

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

orcane posted:

:laffo:

Wouldn't want people to grind Tyria mastery XP anyway.
Considering that both HoT and the Labyrinth dropped on the same day last year you'd think someone would have checked at least :shrug:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

neongrey posted:

So nobody's mentioned the real most important part of this update.
Oh good I might actually be able to see my mini again because it being turned off seemingly at random meant I'd always forget to turn it back on

Only took em about a year to fix too

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Votin' 3 cause I'm a rebel

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Johnny Joestar posted:

tivac please ask someone why the gently caress they thought it was a good idea to make one of the drops a guaranteed trick or treat bag. these lovely moneysinks are somehow worth even less now. real excited that i logged in for the first time in almost a month to get a bag, merchant express and a single level tome
Lmbo I can't believe these are still on the loving drop table, a thing you can get simply by logging in every day

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

nickhimself posted:

what the christ
I know right? Only 4 Charr characters? Smdh

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i have like 65 gold to my name right now so all i can assume is that getting any sort of legendary is immensely out of my league entirely
When I started crafting a legendary for the first time I had about 1k gold on me, by the time I was done I think I had about 50g total and had to borrow gold from a friend to list on the AH lol

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I'm actually surprised it let you equip the gloves because I'm pretty sure last time I tried to equip something without first selecting the stats it brought the select stats page up automatically.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Kessel posted:

It's really loving stupid that the new guild buffs fall off and that you can have only one at a time
:agreed: I don't get why they went from having them all on all to the time to how it is now

At the very least they could have made it so the buff you pick sticks around forever and not this sorta janky rear end implementation where it's just a 24 in-game hour buff, which is just long enough to not have to refresh it regularly but short enough it always ends up running out on me without me noticing :mad:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Schpyder posted:

:frogsiren:NEW HP TRAIN POLICY:frogsiren:

Since it's been harder and harder to gauge interest and round up enough goons to actually run these lately, I'm going to put a new policy into effect: If you want to be in Tuesday's HP train, send me an in-game mail at Schpyder.2917 sometime on the preceding Sunday or Monday. That will give me enough lead time to just go ahead and say yea or nay when I log in on Tuesday (and update the MOTD to reflect), rather than sitting around in-game waiting for people to log and voice their interest or not.
I'm just going to assume you already figure I'm going to show up and thus I can be lazy and not mail you

Also send me a mail/steam message when it does/does not happen so I can know whether or not to login tia

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i genuinely don't see how these could be fake, and if they are, a-net needs to hire whoever the gently caress drew all these

in any case i'm hype for the next expansion? literally any news goes a long way considering the goddamn content drought we've had. living story chapters only interest me for a couple days at a time.
I realize this is a long shot but I'm hoping ANet learned something from HoT's launch and the new expansion isn't a complete and utter shitshow to start with.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
That mercenary backpack is pretty cool looking except for the fact that it hovers a ridiculous distance off the back of Charr characters

How do they keep loving this up

E: I'm really just salty cause I bought it without checking and it's really obvious how badly it floats

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 17, 2017

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
So I want to make a condi Warrior; is the best stat for this still all Vipers? I need to craft every piece right? Also where would I get a exotic backpack for Vipers? I usually just craft a level 78 exo crafting backpack for my characters because :effort: but you can't select Vipers with that.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

ItBurns posted:

An easier route might be getting an ascended backpack from one of the vendors in Bitterfrost/Lake Doric/Ring of Fire/Bloodstone Fen. Not sure who sells what but they're ascended and you can pick vipers.
Time to grind a bunch of unbound magic I guess

Anyone now I'm legit curious as to what you have to do to get an exotic Vipers backpack if it's just easier to get an ascended one instead. Also on metabattle it mentions for condition builds you have 1 Sinister ring and armour piece. What's the reason for the 1 Sinister piece?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

U.T. Raptor posted:

You have to if you want an HoT legendary. Also, yeah, precursor crafting is an expensive trap. Anet calculated how much materials it takes to craft them based on how much each precursor was selling for at the time, so the requirements are all over the place instead of being standardized in a sensible way. Also the second collection can go gently caress itself, it's just a giant mat sink that adds nothing worthwhile to the process.

(also their solution to "precursors are too expensive" was "precursors are just as expensive only now they're giant material sinks too", because actually making them cheaper would make the TP barons go e-flaccid so they couldn't possibly do that).
I mean I knew they purposely made them expensive so they'd be similar to TP prices but it's hilarious to me that they based the collections on the prices at the time instead of just standardizing the prices or anything, basically defeating the purpose of having precursor crafting in the first place

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Erdricks posted:

A new player should avoid HoT like the plague. It's fine after you unlock all of the masteries, but it's got a super steep learning curve overall. And when the new xpac launches, it's probably going to be a giant pain in the rear end because all the maps require huge zergs to do the metas, and the masses will likely move on to the new content. poo poo, I tried to do dragon stand 3 times this weekend (Friday and Saturday afternoons) and each time the maps were dead and no lfgs to be found.
That's a shame; I've been meaning to do some DS to knock out some mastery points but never got around to it because multi-hour metas that are on a strict schedule suck when you only have limited time to play. Also just lol at having to schedule when I play the game around when the map metas happen over something like Silverwastes where I can just jump in at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Kessel posted:

that launch date is a lot closer than i had expected
Well they did say they wanted to release the expansion on the same timeline as the LS releases, so I guess the real surprise is them actually accomplishing that.

gandlethorpe posted:

Some deadeye info from WP:

Has ammo as a mechanic. He didn't really go into it, but seems like an additional resource when using rifle.

Skill 5 - go prone and stealth. Locked in place but can dodge. Get extra (huge) range on weapon skills and double projectile speed.
Skill 4 - nuke skill with very high damage. If it hits you can shadow step backwards.
Other skills rip boons.

F1 - becomes targeted Mark. Builds malice every second. Traits and skills interact with malice.

Gets cantrips.
I'm super boring so this is extremely my poo poo and I would like to know more

Anyway here's hoping they learned from HoT and the launch isn't a giant mess that drives a ton of people away; most of the people I used to play this game with who quit because of HoT's launch are finally playing this game again.

• Locked thread