Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

If you're looking to impulse buy a cheap chair, I can totally see blazing through without really reading the description. It seems weird to me that dollhouse paraphernalia is categorized under Home Décor.

Granted MAYBE the presence of the words "MINIATURE" and "NOVELTY" in the name of the item MAY have been a tipoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Phanatic posted:

Note that they did not destroy your boat.

Trespassing is not tantamount to espionage. There are millions of acres of military base you can completely inadvertently walk upon. Try to get into Area 51, or Pantex, yes, you'll attract the attention of very serious men with guns, but walking into Fort Indiantown Gap or some other 4th-tier guard facility isn't tantamount to espionage. Also note that the whole 4th amendment thing where the government can't just take or seize or destroy your property because it feels like it, even applies in cases of espionage.

There is also a difference in scale between drones and boats (and I am not even going to discuss post-U.S.S. Cole). Besides, if a 20+ million dollar plane has an accident leading to the death of a basically priceless human life, I don't think there would be any issue. Not that I think drones are bad, but they have an extremely high proportion of morons in their ownership group.

"Hey, man, hold this... I want to get a close shot of that Raptor..."

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Weatherman posted:

more like oldstainless amirite??

Given their issues with transparency, I would go so far as to say...

More like OldPaneless, amirite?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

An apple cider marinade made Angry Orchard cider, smoked paprika, red chili flakes, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, garlic, cayenne pepper, and honey would make that pig taste delicious.

Haven't ACTUALLY tasted it other than in my head, but seconded. Especially if you used the pork butt.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

What were they disappointed over? Making a children's card game into a video game or another year without a Half Life sequel?

You.

Really.

Needed.

To.

Ask.

That?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

YRNTAT? I don't get it.

Textual over emphasis, with each line representing a vocal pause.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Local 'freude: Two drunk lesbians beat up their valet, assault a bunch of pedestrians trying to call 911 on them. Best bit, one of them is a personal injury lawyer. Guess which one.

Welp, I got that one wrong. I chose resting bitch face on the right.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm really confused by how she's positioned in there.

I'm not. She's...sitting...she shifts around in a panic when the portapotty first moves, and loses it when it tips all the way forward.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

It looks almost like she was leaning against the door with her pants down and underwear up when it got tipped forward.

That's why I said she was shifting around in a panic. I mean, stop and think. You're a woman sitting down to pee. All of a sudden, for all you know, the portapotty feels like it is going to tip over. You hop up, pull up your undies before pulling your pants up. The potty shifts enough to make you fall against the door as you are already unbalanced trying to get your pants up.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I only mention a gender because more women sit to pee than men do.

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 21:04 on Aug 10, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

There's legal reasons they can't print "La-Z-Boy".

He wouldn't be so tired if he was slamming a Red Bull instead of that beer. Just sayin'.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

It's a diet coke.

Wasn't sure. I don't drink Diet Coke and I see a silver can, I think of Coors...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Besesoth posted:

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's some kind of pastry.

Would you say a small pastry?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

Haha what the gently caress? You are insane

Okay, Bob, looks like he is playing safe this round. After the defensive line shut down his first troll with no gains, looks he's dropping back for the old ad hominem.

Really, Winkledink, this is not as safe a play as you think it is. He's already lost a lot of yards with his first play, and unless he can come up with something really innovative, he stands to lose both yards AND the respect of the fans...

Bob, you were right. That ad hominem is getting him booed from the stands, and it looks like they won't be making those yards up. I think his only plays are to spin out to a meltdown, or, possibly just throw in the towel and walk away... What do you think he will do.

Seriously non horrowshow, o my droogie.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I just like fun pop songs and I'm not in the minority by a long shot but even if I were I'd still like them. I guess our best friendship is on ice for now hawowanlawow

Ooooooooooh! Bob, looks like the referee's thrown down a flag on that ad hom.

Let's wait to see their judgement!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

acknowledge my failed shake it off joke you punk!

Anyways gang let's laugh at people falling over instead! :getin:

GLUTEAL DRIFT, MOTHERFUCKERS! DO YOU EVEN?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Come on guys let's sort out this not good blood between fans and nonfans

Acknowledging joke...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

belt posted:

Punching Nazis will always be cool and good.

Cooler yet if you can use a Venom minigun or a captured particle cannon.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Noice.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

I scrolled down on the gif half way through so all I saw was the bride and groom standing there for a second, then dropping. I was super confused why a wedding ceremony would have a Mr. Burns style trapdoor at the alter.

Tswiff shaddie: This Alex Boye cover is so PC they say 'hecka' instead of 'hella'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRMHp7_kPec

Boye IS LDS and has finished his mission. OTOH, he was a backup dancer for George Michael, among others.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Rick_Hunter posted:

There was no chin Gavin Innes and redneck Cooter Bob,
They said, "Here comes the black man! Ra-Ho-Wah! Let's get it on!"

They lit a torch and made some some threats,
Then got cold cocked by communists.

Those proud boys felt so bereft,
While crying, "So much for the tolerant left!"

:golfclap:

Also,

Because I want to be one of the cool kids.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Won't someone think of the poor Nazis :qq:

I think I responded with something like "I hope you don't lose the eye, but next time, maybe skip the hate rally?" You know the supremacist are all up in arms about the upcoming Wolfenstein title right?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/12/15780596/wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus-alt-right-nazi-outrage

That's not the only article/discusstion I have seen.

This is why I say to NOT punch Nazis. Use a Venom or a particle cannon.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean, "Anonymous" isn't exactly an organized force. It's mostly a lot of people independently saying they're representing Anonymous and working together sometimes. It could be the Daily Stormer faking it, or it could be some rando getting access and putting up a bunch of bullshit about how they're part of an elite Anonymous hacking force.

poo poo. I was a part of a couple of Anon things and I don't own a mask, a fedora OR a hoodie!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

2. If you knew before that your son was exhibiting these views, why didn't you try to do something about it before it came to this?

Subjunctive posted:

What do you have in mind in terms of intervention, that they didn't do?

A quick 10 and 2?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

There's not enough Preacher panels in the world for the chinless contingent in Charlottesville.

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

That supposed Anonymous take over notice on DailyStormer sure is heaping high praise on the site's security ("It took a united force of global elite hax0rs to take down this very secure site blah blah blah") and whomever wrote that notice really had to point out that the owner lives in Lagos, a fact that the owner likes to spout of himself, leading many to doubt that's really where he lives.

So I have some doubts over the validity of that 'attack'.

Anon? Yeah, no. Like, maybe 5 real hackers riding herd on 40000 clueless script kiddies with no concern over whether or not their parent's Comcast gets disconnected.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

"Wait, this ISN'T the Star Citizen cosplay contest?"

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Basements have nothing to do with earthquakes and everything to do with frost lines. A foundation for a house has to be below the frost line. If you live somewhere warm, like california, that might be just a few inches down. If you live somewhere with severe winters, that might be 7' down.

Also, having grown up in at least Southern California, and having been a state trained brushfire and flood fighter, the earth there tends to be rocky and dense as all hell. As such, I imagine it would get very expensive very quickly.

EDIT: Still agitated as hell about that Vice video and how much I want to introduce Caldwell to a particle cannon.

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 03:57 on Aug 17, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Wow. Cloudflare's even kicked The Daily Stormer to the curb!

https://blog.cloudflare.com/why-we-terminated-daily-stormer/

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Chinese iphone smugglers

Guyver got lovely and expensive at the same time.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

dumb. posted:

So after Daily Stormer lost their domain, they tried to move their poo poo to a Russian .ru domain.

Turns out the Russians don't even want their sorry asses...

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3386016

What's a poor nazi to do?!?

So they are on Tor now. Which is great PR for the supremacists, since they point and show it as proof of the black lesbian Jewish communist cartels keeping the pure Aryan race down. For the rest of us it shows the Stormer as the cheesy non-legit crap it always was.

EDIT: And even the Tor Project is talking poo poo about them - https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-project-defends-human-rights-racists-oppose

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Aug 18, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Bloop posted:

What a bullshit story for National Fajita Day

Sounds like there might be a shill for Big Fajita here.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Zartosht posted:

It's shopped.

You can see the peexels?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Do it. I'll send it to him.

Or I can too.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Or we both can -- if he gets it from two different sources, it MUST be true, right?

Right right, all those alt-right folks and flat earthers CAN'T be wrong, amirite?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Shugojin posted:

it doesn't matter, because even counting both that and "14 words" there are only 13 words on that shirt

And families is misspelled. Just saying.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

If you have an image resizing extension (like SA Last Read) you can set the maximum vertical size of images.

Trust you me, SALR is awesome in a lot of other ways too.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Euphoriaphone posted:

Is it just me or can you hear 3 different people say "bollocks" just before the trains cross?

I caught at least one, but truthfully, I wasn't listening that closely.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Double Punctuation posted:

There’s a maximum sentence of one year in county jail, which is normally as low as felonies go. Unless, you know, you have a prior felony conviction for armed robbery.

And I am sure ALL of his fellow inmates will appreciate being woke on the way America actually should work.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Besesoth posted:

IIRC, the schadenfreude isn't on MacGregor, it's on what are apparently the overwhelming majority of fans who bet on him to win.

The real vast majority of the MacGregor bets were very small "What if I beat the odds" bets.

EDIT: f;b

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Aug 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I haven't seen this movie in 30 years but I knew immediately what you were referencing.

I even go back and watch it again, every so often.