Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If you don't have door to door mail you need to move in from your bumfuck village or subsidy dependent suburbia you live in and start contributing to society. Door to door delivery is the reward you get for living a slightly less gross existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

infernal machines posted:

I'm having trouble tracking down the specific posts because you posted them as Swagger, not your current account and I don't have archives. But for the sake of discussion I'll keep trying to find them.

Maybe it's pretty ok that the discussion not go on :)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The Greens on council voted against the viaduct plan because greens are mostly all reactionary conservatives hiding behind a greenwashed facad. Something something access to the city something something greedy developers getting the land.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Trudeau and his ideological true father. Get ready for communism canada!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Terebus posted:

I live in downtown and I think it's a bad idea to tear down the viaducts. I don't think the replacement will handle the traffic and they'll just use the area to build more condos so I'm not sure how that's beneficial. They are an eyesore though. I think city council paid for a before/after traffic assessment but I'm not sure how much I trust that. What's the benefit to tearing the viaducts down?

The viaduct teardown coupled with the hospital moving outside of downtown Vancouver is going to make it pretty hilarious for when ambulances need to get anywhere near the Stanley Park or English bay areas.

Maybe they could invest in transit and bike lanes and grow up and start planning around transport other than lazy baby poo poo like motor vehicles? Oh wait they voted on that. Enjoy your gridlock idiots.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cultural Imperial posted:

Wow Kevin Vickers Canadian hero. Next up a goon montage of Wayne Gretzky and that pic of jtf2 leading out their Arab hostages out of the back of an American cargo plane.

Remember that time Kevin Vickets and Wayne Gretzky burned down the white house and won the war with America which earned us our progressive health care system proving that we are both a real country and better than the USA?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

angerbeet posted:

I don't want the government to know how many toilets I have

SMART WATER METERS WILL TELL THE GOVERNMENT WHEN I POOP.
Do you think the government needs to know when you poop??? Sign my petition against dangerous water meters that will poison out water supply with ionizing wifi.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

But JT's been creating such progressivy spectacles, surely that will translate into progressive policies. You really think a political party would focus on a bunch of feel-good progressive optics and talking points while pushing a brutally regressive agenda???? Why would they do that? Why would anyone campaign from the left then govern from the right? The voters, who are not idiots with the memory of goldfish, would remember and not trust that party in the future.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

jm20 posted:

The (big) difference this time is that scientific or in other words actual evidence may be taken into consideration instead of moral or religious conviction

We've objectively crunched the numbers and hired the best merit-based experts and found privatization works and all wealth stems from job creators. God bless neo-liberal capitalism and its representatives on earth, the holy job creator.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Joint health ministers.

Also health minister should be picked based on health merit, so we need to find who is the most healthy and fit person in Canada.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Destroy car culture, massive investment in bike and pedestrian infrastructure, mandatory high school cooking classes. Save massive amounts of money on health care costs while also saving people money and making them happier.

Cars, lovely food, and a lovely built environment are killing us and making us fat, stressed, and generally miserable.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Anyone who spends more than a couple hundred bucks on a loving watch needs to go up against the wall.

With their nose against the wall, for 15 min while they think about why they've been sent there and can come back if they apologize and tell society what they did was wrong.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Helsing posted:

When I was a kid...

Agreed. We've bought into the whole "there's no such thing as society" ideology. That free museum isn't really free, it's being ripped out of tax payers pockets. Don't individuals know what they want to spend their recreational or cultural money on better than the government?? Individuals always know best, so cancel all government services, cut all cultural funding, and let people decide on their own. If a museum can't survive charging market prices than the people have spoken and we don't want museums.

There's a strong idea that government or anyone even admitting there's such a thing as a "greater good" or "social goods" is "social engineering" or even communism. Taxation is government thinking it knows how to spend money better than the individual, and the individual is always right.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

M.McFly posted:

I find this hard to believe but I'm open to being convinced. A quick search around Google seems to point the opposite. Do you have a source?

Yeah I've heard both. Also with medical technology always advancing and obesity rapidly increasing plus the differences in countries health care and pension systems and funding it's a really tricky question.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Helsing posted:

Consistently good posting

Thank you for the very good and educational posting.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Government regulations were created by idiot statist grandpas for the benefit of stupid lazy people and are the main things holding back innovaters and brilliant people from making sweeping progress. Anyone who disagrees is just a change-phobic ludite or a lazy parasite dependent on the system. With the sharing economy EVERYTHING has changed and all regulations are outdated. Look at this graph I created showing how much farther ahead we'd be without all these stupid anti-innovation laws and regulations

*graph with "hole left by christian dark ages" scribbled out and replaced with "hole left by red tape"*

By my calculations if it we'd let the Steve Jobs of the world really innovate and create we'd be cyber space dragons by now. Cyber space dragons don't worry about poverty or race issues, so you SJW's should think about what all these taxes and regulations are really holding back in the long term.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah it boggles my mind how retail glasses stores still exist, but I guess it's for people like my dad who just need the experience of a slick salesman pretending to be his friend and telling him how amazing these $300 glasses look on him rather than buying a nearly identical (or actually identical) set online for like $50.

Everyone I know in my age range buys online though so I wonder what these stores and their insane markups are going to do once boomers and people who "don't like buying things online" go away.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah north Americans are hosed with vacation time and maternity leave. And we like it! We're not lazy like those loving europeans. More than a couple weeks vacation??? You want to end up like Greece?? You can't have a society where everyone's always on vacation and expecting to get paid!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I don't have hosed up idiot nerd eyes so don't need glasses (can't see colour too good though...) but my wife loves clearlycontacts. Really good customer support. Don't like your glasses? Send them back for free. Something wrong with them? Send them back for free. It's all free and super fast as well. You can just keep sending poo poo back if you're unhappy for any reason so there's no risk and it's so much cheaper you can go nuts and buy 5 pairs of glasses so you have glasses to match every outfit and mood. You can end up spending way more on glasses because you just keep buying glasses because they seem so cheap.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah, with the amount of people I know who are either passionately anti-monarchist or just don't give a poo poo about the royal family or its links to Canada in any way I would not say a picture of the queen is a symbol of national unity. I think most Canadians just don't care one way or the other and if and she was taken off our coins people would barely notice. I doubt the english royal family is very popular in Quebec either.

I don't really give a poo poo, she just seems like some foreign relic. I don't really emotionally associate her with Canada or "unity" in any way.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Tipps posted:

If this election taught us anything is that people will go to any lengths in the past to find That One Thing a person said or did and use it to shame them.

To that end, replace all portraits in federal buildings with screengrabs of Reboot, Marie Soleil, and The Smoggies.

The Smoggies is anti-alberta and pipeline! It condones economic terrorism.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Baloogan posted:

Victoria BC simply dumps its untreated sewage into the georgia straight every single day.

Which the environment can handle quite well due to the fairly specific situation Victoria is in. It's a giant natural poop recycling system that's a billion times more "green" than any massive sewage treatment plant would be. Victoria's sewage treatment issue is like someone with no understanding of the environment or local biosphere getting enraged that someone threw an apple core into the forest and instead we should instead send it to a huge energy intensive apple core maceration facility that breaks the apple down into its constituent chemicals then truck those chemicals, specially the concentrated arsenic, and store it in some sort of large facility. I mean you can't just throw an apple core into the forest, that's gross and littering. Humans dumping raw garbage in the forest is horrible and there's no excuse.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Kafka Esq. posted:

It's not going to be unreasonable to assume that a lot of the refugees won't be radicalized, but will fervently believe in conspiracy theories about Western governments. The lack of information from trusted sources creates a void in the public sphere that is filled by artistic fancies of exactly how we're screwing with them. That Counter Radicalization ministerial position may have a lot of work cut out for him.

Yeah if we were concerned about immigrants being really conservatively religious and believing in a ton of insane conspiracy theories we'd have a total ban on most of eastern europe.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Is there a list of Canadian or north american cities that have combined storm sewers or separated ?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This was posted in political pictures thread

Not quite sure every single reference.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 11, 2015

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

But bees are all ladies...

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What disorder makes people feel this way? I know people on the autism spectrum can sometimes be baffled by any sort of signs of affection and be driven to rage or just confusion from it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

OSI bean dip posted:

Kindly tell us what an "adequate sentence" might be for these sort of crimes. :allears:

50 years, iso-cube.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

DariusLikewise posted:

Nenshi seems like a pretty cool guy, don't get the hate for him

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...lick=sf_globefb

I don't think anyone here but PT6A has any strong negative feelings about him.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

No math in universities, it's Islamic cultural appropriation.
Also no fireworks on Canada day it's offensive Chinese cultural appropriation.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cultural Imperial posted:

List the number of successful convictions in the last 10 years for growing pot for personal use. I guarantee you police do not give a flying gently caress.

Police responded to a report of a break in near one of my old neighbour's house and while checking out the area they hopped the low fence into his very visible field of pot and tomatoes. They gave a quick search looking for anything the prowler might have dropped and left, no fucks given to the backyard pot plantation.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

twistedmentat posted:

Use Door Gunner logic, if they run, they're a fast terrorist, if they stay still, they're a sneaky one.

Yeah I was reading some "AMA" style thing from a US drone operator. He was there to counter all the terrible propaganda and bad stats you get about drones. It's all lies from the red cross, drones kill almost no civilians ever. You see the red cross counts any drone strike where the victims were not armed or actively engaging in some sort of terrorist activity as "civilian", which is total bullshit. Just because a bunch of terrorists happen to be a big extended family and we hit them in their house doesn't mean they were civilians. Of course there were no weapons or bomb making supplies found after, they don't keep those things at home. We bomb terrorists where ever they are, the red cross and other international organizations have no loving clue who is or isn't a terrorist and it's extremely dangerous for them to make these sweeping judgements of everyone's innocence. Terrorists are really good at pretending to be innocent civilians, they do it on purpose so when they get bombed it makes the US look bad.

This guy went on and on for a very long time about how bullshit civilian casualty stats are, and how every single kill he's ever made as a drone operator were against terrorists and anyone living in a terrorist family is involved in some way, so they're all supporting the enemy. How does he know they were all terrorists? The military told him so, and the military has really good intel unlike the Red cross and their dangerous assumptions of innocence.

The Red Cross is a criminal organization that should be banned from the US for giving are troops PTSD from guilt and spreading terrorist propaganda that the US is killing civilians.

\/ It was some reddit thing I think. Someone just sent me the best replies/questions in jpg form or what ever.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 24, 2015

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I don't know, single adult men probably have something wrong with them. If you're not married by now you're probably some beta with a chip on your shoulder.

Is this like some reptile brain poo poo ? Fears of swarthy foreign men taking our women?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Sedge and Bee posted:

McCallum just announced the government will sponsor 25,000 by the end of 2016. Which still fellas like less than what we could do.

We could solve poverty in this country too but we don't. Humans are garbage.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Aces High posted:

because they watched The Wire too many times and saw the "bad guys" getting away with murder and drug stuff while the noble police were stuck at the courthouse waiting for the bureaucrats to sign papers

There's a LOT of people out there that think crime has been going up for decades and a big cause of that is that "criminals have too many protections" and "the police's hands are tied". LIke back in the day we let cops be cops and fight crime, but now all these lawyers and bleeding hearts prevent cops from even investigating or stopping crime, and anyone arrested just gets let out on some technicality. They of course get this impression entirely from TV and movies and the odd anecdote.

These people also of course take accusations of police brutality, corruption, or incompetence with a grain of salt because it's just more anti-cop pro-criminal propaganda from our bleeding heart soft on crime society. Cops only beat criminals, so why are people upset about criminals being punished?

It's just like the drone operator guy. The cops are experts at crime, they're on the streets fighting the war on crime and no one knows better than them. So if they're beating the poo poo out of someone or trampling on someone's rights they have a good reason, they know the person's a crim. All the "innocent" people brutalized by the police deserved it, they just appear "innocent" because of the drat pro-criminal legal system and media. It's all propaganda and exaggerations as part of the coordinated war on police.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I honestly can't wait until our food is grown in factories in urban areas and these fucks can assimilate or die off.

I'd much rather the land return to nature than deal any more with these pricks.

Yeah, give me nuclear powered urban vat farms producing a wide variety of crops and synthmeat and totally divorce our selves from the land as much as possible.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Gus Hobbleton posted:

gently caress MAINLAND CANADA

its okay im ethnic british columbian

As a vancouver islander I can get behind this sentiment.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 1, 2015

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

THC posted:

They always were duped by the strongman branding and they always secretly liked Putin because of it, but they kept their mouths shut about it while Harper was still around reminding them that Russians are the bad guys. Not so much anymore.

What's amazing about Putin is that he has a western cult on both sides. There's a lot of low-info "radical left" who love Putin because Putin is an enemy of the west and the west = evil neoliberal colonialism thus putin is good standing up to US and capitalist hegemony!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Melian Dialogue posted:

Jesus christ, this is so true. His recent stunt in the Middle East has gotten Putin all of the rage across social media, but its part of their strategic communications strategy (look at Russia Today and the amount of leftist-appealing stories they have, hell I had a Poli Sci professor in University show us a video from RT about some American conspiracy theory about posse comitatus). See, Putin is a "badass" who is actually "doing something" about ISIS (except for the fact that 95% of the bombing runs are targeting non-ISIS groups) while the West's liberal cowards refuse to do anything but send hugs and kisses.

Its one big circle jerk of insecure manchildren who think that by riding a horse shirtless one time and then razing a city to the ground with dozens of strategic bombers dumping dumb bombs for no other reason than to seek "revenge" over the shootings in Paris is somehow "badass"

Also Ukraine has been taken over by NATO sponsored Fascists so all true leftists and progressives should be cheering on Russia liberating the country.
Putin is really really popular with a lot of old school radical left who think it's still the 60's. Basically all the left wing german political parties and groups for instance are hard core putin/russia apologists for instance. They never of course talk about why russia is good, it's only why the US is bad.

Why do I support putin? Let me tell you about all the civilian deaths the US caused in their illegal war for oil in iraq! Let me rant about neo-liberalism and corporate colonialism! The US is racist! This is why we must support Putin!

I'm not even making poo poo up or exaggerating in any way, huge leftist groups all over the world cheer for or at least bend over backwards to apologize or downplay anything Russia/Putin does. RT plays to these groups really well, constantly running conspiracy theories as news stories, painting Russia as the lone voice on the world stage that can stand up to the neo-liberal conspiracy. They don't even have to say why russia is better, just that the US/West is bad thus the opposing side must be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Constant Hamprince posted:

How about the Attawapiskat co-manager on trial for fraud and theft? How many isolated incidents does it take to add up to a valid concern?

It's certainly a problem but people make it out to be a first-nations problem and how we need to swoop in there and stop all this wasteful greed and corruption while shrugging and scandals and waste 100x as bad done by government or the private sector.

They're about on par with any small town government as anecdotes go. And you could add up every FIRST NATIONS CORRUPTION scandal in a year and it won't even compare to a single corrupt military procurement or private sector hand-job.