Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

change my name posted:

10,000 jihadis are in NAWLINS right now planning Katrina 2!

That's just such an oddly specific city. Why not a city on the border? Why not NY, or LA?

Well, it would probably be easier to get in via the ports, and maybe the ports in New Orleans are even less guarded?

Why am I even bothering with logic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

My feed has always been surprisingly ok for having grown up in SC, but this just popped up because a guy I knew in college commented on it. I clicked, because my friends who comment on things tend to be the sensible ones, but nope. He's the comment shown on the screenshot. I didn't even bother looking at the rest.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Well, that doesn't make any sense. She has both the "use me for anything" box and one of the limiting boxes checked. At least within the text of the document, that's contradictory.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

I wonder if these were written before or after it came out that he committed suicide.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Staryberry posted:

It's not just the midwest. Most of these moms are in Los Angeles. Toddlers are weird. Maybe spending too much time alone with them drives people a little crazy. Mine is suddenly terrified of the lemon tree outside his window. I'm not calling a shaman, though. I just close the curtains and put him to bed.

Make him lemonade, teach him to drink the blood of his enemies.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Arivia posted:

He literally worked for the Rothschild family. Like it’s an actual fact. Not just some random invocation as a slur.

Sure, but think about why "Rothschild" is used as a modifier to banker in the first place, rather than the generic "investment." If he worked at a different bank, would it have been notable?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

Don Jr. did the same thing last year

Eric always was the slowest of the Trump boys.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

zoux posted:

Assuming they're reporting income and tax bill truthfully, it's 37.5%

Plus state taxes and payroll taxes, but yeah, unlikely their effective rate is 40% between marginal rates and that they wouldn't even be in the 37% bracket for MFJ. And even if it is, my heart bleeds for them.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I noticed something interesting when reading a list of hams on Wikipedia:

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Katt posted:

How did anti-Semitism become so prevalent in Christian Europe when the god in the bible smites the poo poo out of everyone who messes with the jews?

If you take the bible at face value then you would have to give the jews a pretty wide berth if you knew what was good for you.

I think the idea is God used to do that until Jesus came along, and then he dropped the Jews for the new hotness.

(Or, friendship ended with Jews. Now Christians are my best friend.)

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

One of the weird things about the Instant Pot craze, was I really think it just tricked people into cooking.

It's nice as a slow cooker replacement, but yeah, it's not really saving time from the stove.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

He's only 49? Wow.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

My coworker is mad at me that I don't support Don Cherry which just gets a big "oh well!!!" from me.

I googled it since I was wondering if he did anything new other than being a crotchety old drape wearer and saw he got fired. I have to say, it's utterly unsurprising that he said that and also surprising he actually got canned for it.

I'm also mildly surprised he's still alive.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Ok. I give. Wtf is the galaxy brain interpretation of The Giving Tree. Cause I think some goons didnt get it.

The negative read I'm familiar with is that the relationship between the boy and the tree isn't a healthy one, with the tree completely sacrificing herself for the boy. See this column for example.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

i think yeah that was the lady who wrote all the books about mandalorians and was unusually obsessed with their culture, which was basically entirely just her fanfic because no one else ever wrote about them. so they were all super hetero and no gay mandalorians ever existed.

that or she made all the mandalorians gay, one or the other

or that might all be confused with the dragonrider lady who says that only gay people can ride certain dragons and riding the gay dragons makes you gay

or with anne rice who says that when a penis penetrates a man's butthole it releases hormones that turn him gay, it's scientifically proven

there are a lot of problematic sex ideas in sf and fantasy

Idk if Anne Rice also said that, but the thing about being penetrated during anal sex making you gay due to hormones was definitely the dragonrider lady, Anne McCaffrey.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

The vet is 99% certain that it's this:

https://www.vet.cornell.edu/departm...ous-peritonitis

She's got a couple of months left at best, so it's all about hospice-style care from here. My brain hasn't really processed the news yet.

I'm so sorry. :( We lost a cat to what the vet said was probably that when he was just a kitten. It sucks so hard.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

I'm impressed salmonella got two stars.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Well, yeah, anything 'special' is going to attract people who need to be special. Bored kids who want an identity. Then there's the narcissists and mentally ill who latch onto a thing to explain their chaotic world.

Still, a million extremely online assholes with poor social skills who self-diagnosed themselves with aspergers doesn't make the struggles of people who legitimately have autism spectrum disorder less real. Likewise extremely online assholes calling themselves asexual or bisexual online while being indistinguishable from straight doesn't mean bisexual and asexual people don't exist.

To be clear, Katt's talking about demisexual folks, not bisexual folks. Don't think anyone here is trying to gatekeep bi people.

Demisexual people claim they're a thing because they only want to have sex with someone after getting to know them.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Actually they only want to have sex with demi moore

Oh, well that's entirely different, because nobody truly knows Demi Moore.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

The other day I was in a meeting with my boss and was talking about how a document could be reworked or tweaked. I said it could be twerked.

Well anyway that’s my story, ty for listening.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

T-man posted:

The superiority of hard cider must never be questioned.

:yeah:

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Most countries fight the effects of hyperinflation rather than courting it, but okay.

What the Sam Hill is he on about?!

I haven't read the article but I assume this: https://youtu.be/RqVFsp0FMqw

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

(I was making fun of the fact that the writer's (pen?) name was Sam Hill)

Oh ha, that's what I get for not clicking links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

there wolf posted:

Now I just have a mental image of someone in Victor/Victoria, half man-half woman drag delivering meals on wheels.