Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The only character pack you need is Hotline Miami.

That's a funny way to spell Sokol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Shooting Blanks posted:

You can have a perk deck, but no skills. So yes, a dodge build is probably still recommended.

Muscle worked pretty well too.

Also bots do not count against the requirements, and do not need ammo like you do.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Crabtree posted:

By the transitive property cool, making Tavis part of Hotline, we should be able to rob Million Gunman.

But I can't loving believe they're going to put the RAID beta in Payday 2 literally. If it works and doesn't take a year to download the patch tomorrow I'll be impressed.

Wait what?

So it's not even an opt-in? That's going to piss off some people.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.
Also with the PayDay 2 update: RIP Lua mods.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.
The Garand: the one rifle where it's faster to reload by emptying it first.

Wish I could find a 23 round en bloc clip for one.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Doodmons posted:

So I haven't played Payday 2 in the longest time but now there's like 2 new heisters and a bunch of new maps and I'm back in. All my mods are broken and although BLT seems to have been updated it looks like Goonmod and Pocohud are gone for good? What's the current replacement for these things to get a HUD that isn't rear end and some nice quality-of-life improvements?

Nothing yet. They changed the LUA mods to be some other code base, so it will take a while to convert them over.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

maswastaken posted:

What's a level that isn't 100? It's been a few thousand gameplay hours and I might be a little foggy on the subject.

It's something us that aren't 25-100 have to deal with.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

chairface posted:

I hated the experience of not being 25-100 so much I developed a system for grinding up levels as fast as possible so I could get off that treadmill and then help other goons do so as well in an efficient manner. As much as I'd enjoy some kind of Infamy 3.0 system being introduced, I can definitely see where people still staring at the depths of Infamy 2.0 might balk at further grinding.

It's only really a hinderance for a slight amount of time.

And crime sprees really help with that issue. Get to 100, do a long spree, suspend it, imfamy, cash in and be back up to the 50+ range where most of the weapons are no longer locked out.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Elendil004 posted:

The only thing I need from GoonMod is unlimited bodies, is that in the base game now?

Unlimited bodies, laser sights stay active after switching weapons are both base now.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Discendo Vox posted:

a friendly reminder to disable BLT and mods during this, the Season of Constant Updates. The hook, and thus all mods using it, are going to break until they get updated, which will likely not be until after crimefest.

I thought that all the BLT mods were broken since around the Raid update?

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Oh thank god another zambi game!

Didn't have enough of those for the last 5 years.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.
See now I want to fire up this game again. Running around clicking cops with an LMG is what I really wanted out of this game, now it's viable!

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

UnknownMercenary posted:

A SniperDozer who dual wields PTRS anti-tank rifles. Getting hit by one instantly puts a player into custody. :getin:

The PTRS weighs about 46lbs(20.3kg) and is just short of 7 feet long. So not dual welding it.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

UnknownMercenary posted:

1.) It's a loving videogame 2.) Payday 2 has long thrown out any semblance of reality. A 9mm Luger does as much damage as a Raging Bull firing .44 Magnum and players can already dual wield AKS-74U carbines.

An AKS-74U isn't the same as a 7 foot rifle. For perspective the MG-42 AKA Buzzsaw is 3 feet shorter, and that things is a monster to carry around.

If they allow dual welding LMGs in the future then whatever. Until then, come on man.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

swims posted:

FYI that is normal for console...since 2013.

I am excited for the Switch version. Not because I'll buy it (not that dumb), but to see in what new and exciting ways it can be broken.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

my friend bought pd2 and can't get it to launch to the point where it even produces a crash log. i'm loving dumb as rocks when it comes to troubleshooting this garbage. their computer should be able to run it i think, albeit not greatly. they have a Intel core 2 duo CPU 2.20GHz T6600, geforce 9300m gs, 4gb ram, 64bit windows vista, and 88gb of hdd space free after the install. how do we make this potentially not happen. they already tried verifying game files and nothing

Check and see if the 9300m is supported, and/or update the drivers for it. This game has pretty low requirements, but that 9300m might not cut it.

Fake edit: checked out the 9300m, max of 256MB of video RAM, PD2 needs 512MB minimum.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

The Switch port of PD2 runs like buttered rear end and the pub stove is good and hot. But I gotta admit, when it works, being able to murder pigs while I take a dump is rad.

If only the game pinged more than three lobbies at a time. :v:

I need more details on this. Also I need to hear about the Switch port.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

It has to be a troll. Under the perk deck, he said Overkill would perfect it.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

anime tupac posted:

How many heists are in the storyline mode? I googled around but mostly found people asking about the canonical order or results that are now outdated. I'm past the endpoint of that screenshot, onto where I can choose between Alesso or Counterfeit, and am just curious how much longer I can keep getting coins out of this.

If you want coins, crime spree is where it’s at. Before doing those I wondered how I could farm a bunch of coins. And then I found my answer.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

chairface posted:

A team grinding CC's via sprees with builds set up to be good as a group on sprees can rake it in p fast. Honestly that goes for levelling too; Saving a big spree -> infamying -> cashing in the spree while level 0 in a menu is nice. Especially since even once you're into no-pagers land some heists (looking at you, FBI Server) are still trivial to stealth.

Stealth? I do that by accident.

And something I should look up by actually don’t care enough to research: when “accidentally” killing civilians, does that come out of the offshore account or does it not do anything in sprees?

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

EorayMel posted:

When the gently caress are we getting an H&K G11, Pancor Jackhammer, or T/C Encore already?

I want that T/C Encore. And in a stupid caliber, like .444 Marlin. Pretty much a faster 45-70 out of a handgun? Yes, that’ll do.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

TheObserver posted:

Is there a skill or something in one of the crew decks that makes paying respects go faster? I don’t mind having to respec if it helps to pay respect.

Anyone got a good DW viable Respect build?

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Discendo Vox posted:

Goon discord:

https://discord.gg/mWeUnvQ

Again, if you take a code, please tell us which one. And don't just grab a bunch and remove yourself from the server, that's a dick move.

Maybe keep the list of them not on the server and have people ask for codes? Cuts down on randos stopping in, and lets you keep track of codes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Can we get him as a heister? Where he just rambles on and on about Huey Lewis and the News, or comments on the quality of materials the other heisters have made their masks/guns out of? Or just tells you the back story of random items like a psychopathic Rain Man.