Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Not even one page and we've already got "are you getting the HAMAS newsletter you terrorist / terrorist sympathizer", good job goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

The Insect Court posted:

or will you assert this is evidence that the Zionists are just sitting back and letting the Palestinian population expand so there will be more to slaughter in the future?

Isn't there a quote from an IDF or government official calling their operations in Gaza "mowing the lawn" or am I getting my fascists mixed up.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

My Imaginary GF posted:

Like the kind BDS whitewashes of middle eastern Jews from all nations but Israel?

Even accepting your premise "they did it too" isn't an excuse for genocide.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
If it's a legitimate fear it's only because of what Israel continues to do to them though.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Cat Mattress posted:

"Well yeah, the oppressors are bad sometimes, but really, these evil oppressed, lashing out against their oppressors like this, it's awful. Why aren't they meekly subservient? If they tolerated oppression without being angry about it, then maybe we could stop oppressing them. After a while or two."

Most moral something in the world.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Baloogan posted:

If this is true, and the moderators condone and encourage these posters while probating and banning dissenting voices means the moderators of this forum are anti-semitic.

Congratulations, moderators, you have made a safe-space for anti-semitism.

I too am mad about how I imagine the mods are doing their jobs.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

hakimashou posted:

They're just pure evil eh?

Your position is Israel is doing things it knows are wrong for reasons, you tell me.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
:catstare:

Fund it.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Oh no, that would be collective punishment! *wrings hands into bloody stumps*

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
The prophet has spoken.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Yardbomb posted:

It's funny how some people will so readily accept "Just following orders" from certain groups still, when otherwise that was supposed to have gone out the door with friggin Nuremberg. Wonder whyyyyyyy. :ughh:

I put the blame on a few bad apples.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Avshalom posted:

i can't stop farting!!

:same: but the world is facing... three or four larger problems these days.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Kim Jong Il posted:

Of course there was widespread ethnic cleansing and that's a matter of historical record. There was plenty of that going the other way too, like expelling Jews from what became East Jerusalem. Points about historical injustice don't really have great bearing on what's a proper policy for today. Especially since the land itself, if not all world history, has an epic record of mass ethnic cleansings, so giving any of them any special weight is arbitrary. Do what makes practical sense in the year 2017.

Looking forward to reading this post again next year with the date changed.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I wonder what the new "obstacle to peace" will be if they go through with it.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Gay Horney posted:

What did avshalom do??

Giving the Secret Service an excuse to call up Lowtax.

avs

why

:smith:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Palestine refuses to give in to Israel's demand to "stop hitting yourself", we're at an impasse.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

yes but you see what really matters is :bravo2:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

GaussianCopula posted:

Would the Palestinians accept a state that consists of all of the West Bank except for Jerusalem and Gaza, with no right of return and no special transit rights trough sovereign Israeli territory?

Probably not, which is why the conflict will continue.

Has anyone who matters actually proposed this?

Probably not, which is why the conflict will continue.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

:thunk:

GaussianCopula posted:

uhm, I did seem to miss it, but did they decapitate him like the Islamic State would probably have done?

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
ahahaha that edit :popeye:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

GaussianCopula posted:

I believe that the Islamic state, in contrast to Israel, would have no security controls around a holy site of a different religion, mostly because they would destroy it before people can even come to visit/pray.

Well you've convinced me. Israel is *slightly* better than ISIS.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Cat Mattress posted:

Can you, one of these days, land on Planet Earth and look at what is actually happening here?

Calling for boycotts of Israel until they stop ethnic cleansing is the real ethnic cleansing, don't you know.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
What was the current pretext for ignoring Fatah, out of curiosity?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Tagichatn posted:

Does anyone have a link handy to that imgur album with all the info showing how Israel is an apartheid state?

I swear it was just posted a couple pages back.

yup. :v:

DarkCrawler posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/L86hXg4

Israel is and always has been an apartheid state. Zionism has many strains, and the strain that is practiced in Israel is the Jewish Supremacist one.

I can't tell if there's supposed to be a part two to that or what, loving imgur.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

they aren't in control of gaza and thus don't represent a unified state that can sit at the table with israel

this is perfect

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I've been informed we're all antisemitic cunts here, actually

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

congrats, you've discovered his gimmick

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Kim Jong Il posted:

Lying requires intentionality, it's what I believe to be true, and it is a literal reading of the implications of the BDS movement's demands, so it is true.

:psyduck:

what are words, even

e: also lol the morally superior position is to only want one side to suffer, clearly

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Preen Dog posted:

Morally superior position is wanting the least-cost highest-value outcome as soon as possible regardless of the distribution of sorrows. It's not like anyone has a horse in this race, and even if you do, you should bet on the fastest one.

If you favor a tribe like in a football match, then you are a bad.

So what's the easiest way to get the Palestinians out that doesn't get a US/UN kibosh? Maybe we can crowdfund support for Isis in the West Bank (Kickstarter hell cannons, AirBnB homes, Uber day jobs). If Palestinians can't get the terror up then someone else can. Maybe bankroll some dudes in Gaza to fly to the USA and mass shoot a football stadium. Maybe volunteer as a teacher in PA because the current ones aren't promoting nearly enough militancy? Kids know that the Jews killed Farfour but they just do nothing about it. Then Israel teams up with Trump in the war on rooting out bad dudes. The odd Palestinian teen will fight and the odd rocket will fall on Megadim and it would only take one really cute Israeli girl to die on camera to deus vult the dimittenda determinata.

Palestinians join their arab brothers in the fast growing professions of displaced person and international refugee. Then they are Germany's problem.

This thread can finally close after this thousands-page circular gripe-fest. You, regular posters, have lost a lot of resources yourself. Most of you live in real places and you speak (or at least write) a real language; your time is more valuable than this issue, even if you work at Safeway. If I don't know what I'm talking about than please tell me how to fix this. I won't actually do anything but it will bring psychological closure and I will thank you.

I smell toast

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Maybe if your'e painfully ignorant of a subject you should just stop posting about it instead of suggesting really embarrassing and sometimes offensive solutions?

I don't see why everyone involved can't convert to *rolls dice* Shinto.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Kim Jong Il posted:

You also shouldn't conflate Israeli governments with Likud. There was demonstrable progress under recent Labor and Kadima governments. If someone wants to improve the lives of Palestinians, stop doing stupid poo poo like BDS that empowers Likud, so the opposition can actually win an election.

nothing to see here :tif:

https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/950106517776289795

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
they could be bulldozing their own houses

maybe that's what would really show their commitment to peace

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
demanding a refugee camp, this is madness

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
a real, proud, diverse movement of stock photo models

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
They fixed it, sort of. Lebanon and Israel are still somehow 164 feet apart.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Sinteres posted:

Let me know if I'm playing the 'everyone rush in to see who can make the most hyperbolic statement' game right: If the Palestinians cried out to Israel "please nuke us!" Netanyahu would say "okay but only if you pay for the nuke!"

I'm trying to come up with something to tie this into Israel withholding Palestinian tax revenue and coming up short.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Conveniently pretty much anything counts as "terrorist infrastructure" if you stretch the definition enough. Or just don't give a poo poo in the first place.

e: It occurs to me that's the whole point as like 60% of the google hits for that phrase are justifying the IDF blowing poo poo up and another 30% are justifying blowing poo poo up in Pakistan. Technically terrorists use electricity and sewer systems though, right? :thunk:

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 24, 2018

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Cerebral Bore posted:

Also the vote in question was loving twelve years ago.

Perfect, then it's time for the talking points to switch back to "Israel can't be expected to negotiate until elections are held".

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Dead Reckoning posted:

The fact that his claim is not direct or intuitive does not make what you posted correct.

Doesn't make it incorrect, either.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
stop opposing fascists and they'll get bored and go away, sounds like a plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Cat Mattress posted:

"Terror kites", really. What's next? I'm betting on "Palestinian terror toothpicks".

Toothpicks are pointy, at least.

quote:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-19975211

However, an Israeli official has conceded to the BBC that the attitude when compiling a catalogue of allowed items into Gaza - cinnamon was allowed, for example, while coriander was not - may not have been rational.

"We never understood why the Ministry of Defence actually forbade coriander to enter Gaza," Israeli Foreign Ministry Yigal Palmor told the BBC's Newshour programme.

"It did reflect some kind of petty interference with items that seemed of little note."