Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

nobodyssweetheart posted:

Or he could be the classic "some guy" as Paul Thomas drew him...

The one on the right isn't meant to be Cameron, is he?

If so - loving hell, that's poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Cliff Racer posted:

I think that Boris was expecting No to win and deliberately supported Yes in order to ride that wave of disappointed anger to a party convention win afterwards.

Of course he'll still probably win now, but it will make winning a general election a lot harder afterwards.

Especially as Cameron appears to have dropped the mike on his way out and is showing no signs of actually following through on Brexit. Boris - if you're in power, keen to start this? No?

Guavanaut posted:

Someone please put this in the OP, it's glorious.

I do like how he's apparently slipped 'Fat oval office' in on the bottom right of the guys back. Or the side of his gut, whatever.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

That is a horrifying sceptre and orbs placement.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Yeah, as Forums Terrorist said, he's done lots. When I first started reading this thread I thought "oh, the Edge Chronicles guy!"

He did a great job of illustrating Coraline, as we're talking about childrens' books.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... The triggering of Article 50

Those grasping women, eh, Mac? What are they like?!?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Mac’s incredibly accurate depiction of a 10 year old boy. Famously muscled, they are.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

goatface posted:

Mac's not seen a child since 1987.

I love how Mac can't even avoid getting a bit of classism in there - the broken down cars, the pram in the snow and the bottles just inside the door.

^ I think we should keep Mac. He's loving awful, but helps remind us of the kind of commentators (and readers) out there - retreating into a bubble is never a good thing.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Rarity posted:

Squires getting in on the :honk:

Bit a of meme fan, that Squires. Look at the previous one with the four Brucey panels at the end.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

forkboy84 posted:

Blower's John McDonnell might be the worst caricature in a UK paper since the last time Mac drew a black person.

So, so poo poo. However, I do love the tattoos.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Tsk. There was even an Asterix character (chariot racer) nicknamed Coronavirus (real name 'Testus Terone') - they should have used him!

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Some unexpected introspection and social awareness from the Telegraph: we are in strange times indeed.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I mean Steve - one of the big stereotypes is that we don’t wear anything under our kilts, you know that right?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The gently caress is the R factor meant to be?

Broadly speaking it’s the number of people a single infected person infects.
So r=1 means everyone who is infected infects 1 other. R=0.5 they infect on average 1 person between 2; so it dies out. R=2 and each person infects 2 others and you have exponential growth. Coronavirus is between 2 & 3, so we need to lower the average by, for example, staying at home so each infected person on average infects less than 1 person.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Mokotow posted:

I don’t particularly dislike Matt but this poo poo is dire.

£650,000 a year! 650-loving-thousand.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

Is.... is that a Bob cartoon that's actually quite funny? loving hell, end times indeed.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

That makes no sense at all Paul, he’s the genie. Christ.

VVV :golfclap:

Red Oktober fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 2, 2020

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

crispix posted:

hehehehehehe they have to have 2 (two!!!!!!!!) cakes because they are twins, imagine the celebratory cake bill oh gosh oh crumbs hehehehee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :holy:

lol the daily mail really is beano for hitler fans

And why is there a full glass of champagne bouncing on the trampoline? Does he just see a slightly empty space and think “better fill it”? Or was the dog holding it? gently caress sake

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Adams is poo poo, Thomas is stuck in the 80s or something ridiculous (bowlers? the loving BEANO?) but other than that - a solid group. I'd loving love bumdog boris to becoming a thing

Johnson's mask-g-string is a thing of wonderhorror.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Britons working from home

Honestly - don't hate it at all. It's pretty good, much better than his effort the next day or anything BOB has done ever.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

crispix posted:

Thomas should really just stop trying to draw people sitting down :laugh:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Private Speech posted:

Anyone know what Matt is on about this time?

There’s been a few articles about Christmas stuff appearing in the shops, and 8 crackers presumably means more than 6 people, and Matt is not a good writer so has decided that’s the joke. Even though Christmas is months away. :shrug:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Telegraph putting the boot in there in a rather unexpected way.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Haha! Those electric cars you have to plug in every *checks notes* 250 miles or so. Can't even nip to the shops!!!?!!!>!>!

gently caress off Matt.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Around 40 turns I think for a standard board - but that one seems to have a couple more snakes than usual so I'm guessing longer.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Has Matt just reused an old cartoon? You’d think if he’d made even his usual poo poo effort it would have the torturer wearing a face mask or something. Absolutely nothing to do with the tag line at all.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Bob is weirdly obsessed with lockdown, isn't he. Like, much much more than the other cartoonists.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Bob has completely lost his mind, hasn't he.

It does feel like it. Even on twitter he's just constantly ranting about being cancelled and not invited to awards because of his stance on COVID. And the guy's only 34 - I'd always assumed he was at least in his 60s.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

And what is with those incredibly red faced parents?

I actually liked the Matt one, for the first time ever. Maybe he's on holiday and someone else who's a bit funny has taken over.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Pilchenstein posted:

"The One Hundred Grand Old Duke of York" Riddell you fuckin wazzock

It was just hanging right there, wasn't it?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Weirdly introspective Blower there. Very odd.

Great signs from Rowson though.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

That makes a lot more sense then. I remember seeing the backyard (parents on sunloungers, kids playing badminton with the tower blocks in the background - that one right?) and thinking it was very, very odd for the Torygraph to actually even grasp what people outside their bubble experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Guavanaut posted:

He burns it in his back yard while people have their washing out and he loudly rambles about how the dustbin men would come into your yard and they'd collect the bin and it was a proper metal bin and they'd sling it over their shoulder not like these days where you have to do it all yourself and there's wheels, which are unnatural.

Not like in the old days! Proper dustbin men, sling it over their shoulders and wouldn't file for workers comp, they'd do your dishes and even give the missus a good seeing to if you weren't in and that was how we liked it! Nothing like these softie bin-men these days, won't even take it if it has some reccccyclable plastic in it. Honestly, these days.