Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

DancingShade posted:

Also nobody should try and give goons orders like "don't attack these dudes because fishing pact". That's like waving a red flag soaked in meat juices to a half bull half piranha.

The funniest thing about the "fishing pact" was it was written so badly that kimsemus didn't actually break any of the rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

All the best parts ended up in one of the many threads here anyways

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Are character slots on this global or per server?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

At what point should I start using contribution points for nodes/housing? I just got out of velia and it felt like it'd be a waste to buy stuff there since I was leaving

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

MikeyLikesIt posted:

When I think of Korean sandbox MMOs, I think of the countless hours I wasted farming for my Hasla weapons in Archeage... I'll never get that time back :'(

Hasla weapons were hardly countless hours unless you had to have every one or were tiering them up. Like it was less than 20 hours to get the first tier of the ones I wanted, which I is probably pretty tame by kmmo standards

Also the enhance grind is a thing in every kmmo

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

The Quake posted:

Didn't know I was in the Archeage thread

I am fishing, gotta convert that labor energy into money!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Drythe posted:

Also I think this has been mentioned multiple times, but if you want to afk level breath or strength, take a controller and tie a string around both analog sticks. You will run in a circle and gain exp for them.

Some guy on a stream said you can also go into some house, mess with your keybinds + numlock your way to running/sprinting in circles. The house is so you have not obstacles

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

effectual posted:

So I clicked on edan server, but now there are like 10 sub-servers to choose or something? Which one are goons on?

As far as I can tell, Edan is the server and everything under it is basically a channel. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I could see my characters in other subservers under the same server but not under a different top-level server

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Grondoth posted:

Yo so if you talk to those worker guys out in fields? You know, the npcs that are workers who the game tells you "hey this guy can hook you up with some SKILLED motherfuckers?" Those guys? Yeah, you get yellow workers from them which seems good.

But they're the NPC. You hire THEM to help you out for beer. I think I'm gonna do this for all my workers now on, cause this feels much less exploitative.

You have to build up Amity for those and theyre not necessarily better than the ones you hire. I got the human hireable (giant descendant) for velia but both of the yellow humans I've gotten have been better. Supposedly you can't tier them up to orange, so that may be relevant.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Yo Novara, yo mama's a troll

E: is the yellow dude part of a quest?

He's an NPC with a contract in his Amity shop. If you see random dudes around farms with Amity shops they're often named workers. From what I hear they're an easy way to get decent workers to start, but unlike regular workers you can't promote them. Blue workers can theoretically be promoted to orange but the named ones are supposedly stuck where they are

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Are the level based skills constant? I know the inherent ones are, but I can't check what lvl 1 skill I have on novara

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

mehall posted:

Thanks Drythe, that clears up a lot! Can you start your node chain from any major town/city, or will I first need to connect the beginners town to the town/city hub, before I can spread out from there?

All towns are automatically unlocked so you can start from any town, but if you want to trade between towns you need to connect them

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

You can have more than one of the same named worker if you want because that makes a lot of sense

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

why the hell do seeds not stack in this game

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Angrymog posted:

With the trading, do I have to carry poo poo myself, or can I make an NPC do it?

You can transfer through the warehouse if you want

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

This is one of the reasons why so many people never log off of the game. There are many nights where I click the Disconnect -> End Game -> Minimize to tray button and then go to bed.

Does this actually reduce the load on your computer, and if it does, do you keep fishing as well or does it just pretend you're online for the purposes of labor/work?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

kalstrams posted:

Game processes go on, fishing including. It does stop rendering so there is no GPU load, CPU load becomes minimal, and RAM load does not decrease significantly. You can hop back into game in bare seconds, it's surprisingly fast.

Cool, I should probably start doing this instead of leaving the window up. I don't think my computer has been very happy with me over the last couple days

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Grondoth posted:

This game seems to draw the kind of people who want to automate all fun out of things.

The best part is that it takes on the order of minutes, 6 minutes in his example, to run and requires manual entry for all of the data. Because a tool that takes almost 20 minutes per conversation is totally going to save you energy for building amity.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

quote:

Changed the horse “Parking” notice to only appear above your horse.

:woop:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Kaedric posted:

When you guy's afk fish are you throwing away trash or just taking everything into inventory?

Throw away trash unless you're actively doing the trash dailies. At this point I might trash my keys too because there's no way I'm never going to use them all

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Chewbot posted:

What do T4 pets even do compared to T3? Hard to imagine anything worth $200+.

They get one more skill and presumably have more frequent or wider range procs on their racial skill (e.g. resource node detection)

Edit: oh they might also pick up items more frequently. This is all something I hear someone say and have no evidence that it's true

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Weapons are safe to 7, armor to 5

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

sushibandit posted:

What is this "towers" you mention? I need a new spot, the game has started crashing every time I approach and leave the current spot just off the coast.

If you stop for like 10s around when the blob starts appearing/disappearing on the map, you usually won't disconnect

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Chewbot posted:

What could you get for $45,000 that you couldn't get for $5,000? The game doesn't even support that kind of lunacy.

$40k worth of dyes?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

TalonDemonKing posted:

TL;DR: One point into long-cooldown skills. Level lightning skills. Don't level staff attack or Concentrated magical arrow.

You can short cast fireball by right clicking before it's fully charged, and lightning has the "downside" of also being a black spirit skill so it takes forever if you have a full bar

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I'm bad and reinstalling this game to play farmville. Is doing stuff like sunflower packsm, milk tea, and fishing still things you can do to make money?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

J posted:

Cooking anything at all will give you this byproduct item called "dish with poor ingredients" that you can turn in for contribution experience to help grow your node network so you can have more workers farming poo poo for you. You'll need beer to feed them so if you aren't sure what else to cook, cook beer since you'll use it all eventually.

Was that in the game near launch? This sounds unfamiliar, and I'm sure I tossed a ton of it when I was playing before

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

What are these new crate nodes? They look like they're some sort of trade item instead of standard resources

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Is the attendance event what people mean by welfare or is it something completely separate?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

CMD posted:

downloading this game now. Hopefully I don't have the same problems trying to get it to run as before.

Well if you get it running, once you get your rolls on the black spirit adventure event, nuke the hell out of the coherentui.exe processes because they will eat cpu for no reason

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

What's a reasonable gear progression to start?

I'm currently using at lvl 40:
+9 Bares staff
+7 steel dagger
+5 Agerian helmet
+5 Agerian chest
1x jarrette ear/ring
PRI kalis belt/neck
shoes/gloves are not enhanced at all

which isn't really great gear, but I have about 110mil to blow with a couple more coming in every day. I've heard differing opinions of buying liverto/yuria for a starter weapon, and it seems you have to preorder well above minimum preorder to actually get one since the only ones on market are +0 or tri/tet.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

TVDinna posted:

There's enough on the market and for preorders, that's only for the high end stuff.
Personally, I recommend Liverto because it has the same AP as Kzarka, just a little less hidden Acc.
You'll be using that a while as you need to do that, get a better steel dagger, start saving up for better armor, then you'll be saving up for awakening weapon when you hit 56.
Once you do all that, you can start saving up for Kzarka. IMO Liverto is a long term upgrade you'll be using for a long while.

Also, due to the influx of new and returning players, Liverto will have decent resale value for a while. Livertos were struggling to move prior to Christmas time frame.

As for anyone wanting to join a goon guild, Parks and Rec is a casual Goon guild. There are no hardcore ones as all the more bittervet Goons are all in the more established guilds.
All existing members are already officers and anyone can invite.
Friends are fine too, we're not too picky, we're all scrubby af and filthy casuals.

What's a good grade to shoot for on the liverto? I've been trying to preorder one at pri for a while now, but I guess I'm not bidding high enough.

After the staff would something like +15/pri/duo steel dagger-> PRI/DUO/TRI green awakening -> +15/PRI grunil or agerian or something -> blue coral Earring / ? Belt / ? neck / Blue Coral Ring make sense? After that would be saving up larger chunks to buy the really expensive stuff

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

TVDinna posted:

At that point, you set a timer for 10 minutes and then swap over to your mp alt at that point. Items can be posted as early as 10 mins or over 15.

This is probably why I've never seen anything. Nothing has gone to my preorder, and I usually go check as soon as I see the notice

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

HotBobaloo posted:

Figured I'd give this game another shot. My highest character is a 51 wizard, figured I'd level a new guy to get a feel for the game again. If I pass down my wizards grunil to a new warrior, what crystals should I be using. Also, should I be buying him a +7 yuria, or are one of the new weapons better? I already have a Vangertz shield. Finally, what skills should I be taking while leveling? I've only really ever played the wizard in this game. Is there any semblnace of a guild left? Family name Sedraxis.

You should be able to get a +9 bares box from the first or second day of the attendance event goin on. I can't really help you with anything past that because I don't play a warrior and have barely any idea of what i'm doing to gear myself up either. Kzarka > Liverto > Yuria for main weapons, and the cost generally reflects. I think there's another budget weapon line that some people on reddit sometimes recommend that isn't yuria.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

TVDinna posted:

I'm running a bunch of relic scrolls tonight and all goons are welcome to come and leech.
Planning on running 10-15 range.
If you're poor, this is a lot of free money. Should be able to get 5-8mil in fast moving loot.

edit: Forgot to mention time. Around 10PM EST.

Parks And Rec discord:
https://discord.gg/tXJYW48

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Just have the worker you were having make grunil do something else?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

RockyB posted:

Man, I bought a cheap second account (for the free polar beat pet), and the Olvia servers are ridiculous. It's just like launch with people flooding every single area, except everything goes by ten times as fast.

Back at launch, I spent about 4 hours at the forest bandits. Now I rock up with a horse wizard (+9 weapon, horse, saddle etc all paid for easily by the free 3million given out on day 2), and get four levels in under 10 minutes. Completely breaks any sense of progression in the name of 'catch up' mechanics.

Leveling is pretty quick up to 56 even without the bonus XP. The really level and gear grind starts after that or so I hear

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

Anyways, when hitting 50 i was presented with a popup with various activities to do. Enemies are also noticeably harder and provide a decent challenge now, as opposed to the steamrolling i have done to them up to 50. Am i supposed to "gear up" now or should i just continue questing?
I found some repeatable quests in Calpathon and also at the witch hut near Hexe skeleton area that provides some sort of coins used to trade for gear. Should i collect a bunch of these? It seems getting the gear are quests or something, they are not in a shop interface at least (like they would be in e.g. WoW) so i don't know if these items are upgrades or not.
What kind of stats/gear should i have now, in general? I am using the 50 CP weapon from Calpathon and 2x Jarette rings/earrings, as well as a 6 AP necklace, for a total of 93 AP. Is this good enough to get to 56?

I'm in the same level area on my highest level character. Gear is what you want if you want to kill stuff better. There are quests worth doing (scroll dailies, seal daily, etc), but most of them don't really give you any rewards that are useful for gearing. I'm at 136 AP on the equipment page with pri liverto, +12 steel dagger, grunil helm/gloves, and full jarrette's, which is enough for me to kill stuff like skeletons with a single secondary spell (e.g. fireball explosion). I have issues with the knights under the monastery, though the last time I tried it I may have not had the gloves and +12 dagger and was eating poo poo because lol 50 DP. It doesn't seem like the equipment page factors in AP set bonuses, so my effective AP should be a bit higher than 136 at the moment since I have ap bonuses from jarrette's and grunil. For what it's worth my plan is to fill out +15/pri/duo grunil->pri/duo steel dagger->duo/tri awakening weapon (hopefully i will be lvl 56 by this point). I'm putting pretty low priority on accessories because it's not really cost effective to upgrade them while I much lower hanging fruit.

As for the daily quest in calpheon, I'm assuming you're talking about the necklace of magical power, which is probably a waste of your time. I don't know what the one in hexe sanctuary is, though i did get some repeatable quest near there that gave me a some loot crate thing

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Tri/tet probably stay on the market longer because none of the new people can afford them. My returning house fame fund was just enough to get me a pri liverto which has been worth every penny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

Don't the various classes need different mods on their armor though?

I've read that Madewa needs a ton of accuracy, much more so than AP. I am assuming witch doesn't need accuracy? (these 2 are the classes i play the most)

I rarely die on my witch so getting better armor wasn't the first thing i thought of. I have only played my madewa to 40 though and don't take a lot of damage so more armor wasn't my first idea for that either; maybe it will die faster at low 50s though (?)

Accuracy is usually done through your weapon (liverto and kzarka give accuracy), off-hand (kutum/bronze vs nouver/steel), and accessories (RCE, tree spirit belt) rather than crystals/armor. I think the biggest thing that would change between witch/maehwa for armor slots is attack vs cast speed.

For reference a common pve witch slotting is:
Head: 2x +2 Cast speed
Armor: 2x +HP, +weight (these are actually a little expensive)
Shoes: 2x +2 movement speed
Weapon: 2x +2 AP
Gloves: 1x +1 cast +1 crit, 1x +2 crit
Offhand: w/e

and i'm betting just switching the cast speed to attack speed is probably a reasonable slotting for maehwa. Unless you're constantly shifting armor back and forth, it's not really that expensive to just rip out the crystals and rebuy the ones you want once you're upgrading. If you don't want to rip everything out and shuffle equipment around a lot, a second helmet is probably a good investment

As for if you need better armor, you may eventually want more once you start grinding in mediah. I'm lazy and basically don't care about getting hit by anything except elites and just spam aoes, and my DP makes it so I run out of mana far faster than HP. I once tried doing abandoned monastery knights with ~50dp. Then I got oneshotted by a back attack. Then I bought +100 dp worth of armor and now they barely tickle.