Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
OK, so a few mechanics questions after I stumbled my rear end over to level 11ish.

How does the "conversations" mini-game that raises affinity actually work? And what the hell is NPC affinity for anyway aka should I even bother?
What is contribution, and where does it come from and what is it used for? (Other than renting items???) Where do I get tools for gathering poo poo? Fishing how?
And when/where does this linking nodes come into play?

Almost nothing outside of beating monsters up and following the shiny quest marker is explained in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

I got answers to most of that, and velia is the tutorial town with all the answers in quest form, but it is a lot of poo poo I don't wanna type. If you end up in the CTS mumble I'll explain it.
OK, haven't gotten over there yet (I think I saw it in the distance at one point stumbling around). I presume the initial quest chain leads you there?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
There is a ton of alt-tab afk while autorunning in this game it seems. I have a donkey now though!

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
So ignoring the meta stuff (shop) and end-game (lack of, PvP), I like what I've seen getting to L24 as a a valkyrie. It's definitely has enough to do that I think its worth playing through once as a single player game ignoring any MMO-aspects. Probably going to buy closer to launch (and hope they lower shop prices - I'd be happy if I can get a costume for 15, or just the main armor for <10).

Combat is very good, with lots of apparent variety in how you combo things together (no idea what would be considered "viable"). I only discovered the joys of shield throw at the very end of the beta, for instance. That into the sword of judgment slam attack thing is amazing for wiping poo poo mobs, guard + jab for tougher stuff, and run around flailing when that doesn't work (drat elite leaping frog thing - though I was underleveled for that).

I have no idea whats going on with the crafting stuff and how to get my lovely raw materials into something worth money. I had 200 pots of honey sitting around that I can't figure out what to do with...apparently I either need shitloads of milk for cookies or a higher cooking level for mead. And half a dozen iron ingots that I can't craft with b/c I don't know where to get crystals (for armor/weapons) and haven't even looked at wagon or boat crafting yet. I did make dozens of pitchers of beer though! The trade system looks to be an excellent mini-game (and I need to figure out what crafting goods creates trade goods to sell into that system) too.

Finally, this was really noticeable, the graphics pop-in is freaking ridiculous, however once everything is loaded, it looks really good. Running mid-30s on a GTX 760 @ high.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I don't think I have 5k hours in any game ever.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Wait, where was this quest? I didn't run into anything related to bees.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

J3ng4 posted:

The best part about launch MMOs with goons is the 50+ pages of a thread before the game launches coordinating crap. It always falls on its face on week 3 after launch because every MMO will never live up to your rose tinted glasses of yesteryear when you shat out Hot Pockets to grind out one more level before failing all of your college courses.
GW2 turned out OK, though I only joined the goon guilds way late after everything had already settled into steady state. So I guess I'll get to witness my first collapse if I join in!

Might go for the $50. I actually liked the horse whistle during CBT2. 300 range is almost the entire length of Hiedel it seems.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 25, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

The Quake posted:

I'm ready guys

At least that one has a bunch of veggies in it.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Rafza posted:

Re: Amity mini-game

I've only had limited exposure to it so far, but is there a concrete guide on it somewhere? At work and most options are either not indepth at all or blocked.

My experimentation has resulted in "put the highest percentage interest first, then try to connect to high amity rewards" but I feel thats incorrect.
My observations - only thing that matter are the displayed % chance (sparking interest?) and the number immediately below it (favor?). So those 100% success chance with 0 favor are mostly useless. Additionally, it seems there's some kind of success bonus, where having multiple successes increases success chance. So order things high to low.

I don't generally bother with the topics with delayed modifiers, since the success bonus seems much more impactful. Though if two topics are otherwise equivalent, obviously put the one with a delayed modifier where it would matter.

bonds0097 posted:

Oh, do workers not do poo poo while you're offline?
They do work offline. Farming apparently doesn't though.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 2, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Jesus loving christ I knew this poo poo was complicated but got drat :psyboom:
That explanation is overly long. Here's a TLDR:

The only two numbers you need to pay attention to when picking topics are under Interaction Effect. While they happen to be calculated off of other numbers floating around, you have no control over the other numbers so they don't matter and you should ignore them.
Sparking Interest = % chance of success, success seems to carry over to next topic (important)
Interest = range of possible gains if success

Then depending on your success, you accumulate Maximum Favor and Accumulated Favor.
Maximum Favor = prior MF + interest gain
Accumulated Favor = prior AF + interest gain + all prior (successful) interest gain

There. Now you know what to do. Stack high % success with high interest first to get (a) easier success later and (b) higher accumulated favor since the early gains are added again for each later success. The "special" modifiers basically don't matter at all. Oh, and if the goal is to fail, then obviously pick things that fail, though obviously you won't be able to gain much amenity.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 4, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Probably depends on GPU and driver combination.

What's retarded about it is you can't even do anything if you DC and are kicked back to the title screen, only immediately quit the game when you click OK. If you're going to do that, just quit the game anyway.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Bonapartisan posted:

Today, I've been getting stuck. Not stuck like in the world, but it seems to happen when I interact. My character suddenly moves slowly and has that white burst pop. I can't interact with anything, ESC doesn't work, and I have to force close and restart to get things working again. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
I had something like this when I was lagging absurdly badly.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
All this is way above my level 30 head. I'll stick with tree punching every weekend.

(What actually is going in there?)

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Danith posted:

Has anyone had to deal with email support? I submitted a ticket and while doing it, it said I would have to click a link they would send me in the email to actually submit the ticket. I never got an email with a link to click, just one saying 'ticket submitted, add any replies above this line'.

Will support ever get back to me? Issue was I deleted a character last time I played (like a month ago) and when I load up now that slot seems to be locked :|
Was that character made in a extra character slot from pre-order? I think they had some issues where they locked those out and you have to re-request the extra slots from their website. If not, :shrug:

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Seems like the nudists have also advanced in the past month - apparently they've figured out how to do client-side visual armor and weapon model swaps.

Unreleased awakening and cash shop models included, so I presume this will get locked down tight at some point

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I have no idea whats going on in terms of PvP politicking, but I did go and try out model swapping. Lo and behold it does work!

Here's a beserker using ??? I have no idea what it is (unreleased in NA cash shop?)

And tamer in awakening

And a witch and blader in character creation using ??? armors

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

A Spider Covets posted:

I miss when my spirit bro was a little puff with eyes
Teeth bro best spirit.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Asciana posted:

From the guy that brought you 2000 energy a day..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMW2UAlsnxQ
Can't tell if dude is serious.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
OK, so the welfare checks (e.g. cron stones, sharp black crystals) - I should just sell those and straight up buy +15 or PRI gear right?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

also does the returning gifted horse always have instant accel and drift or did I luck out?
Think you lucked out.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Archonex posted:

Alright. Guess my other question would be if the mobs ever get a bit more clever.
No, just more hard hitting.

Also lag/desync is poo poo in this game and you will end up annoyed when the big murderdude (world boss) does a 180 teleport onto your rear end and oneshots you.

EDIT: To be a bit more descriptive, this game actually does have pretty engaging combat if you aren't overgeared where monster attacks do hurt (even if their attacks don't tend to be very interactive), but you have lots of avoidance tools depending on class (blocks, teleports, dodges, attacks that actively move you). However, in practice, people overgear and are in "farm mode" all the time, basically only going to murder dudes at areas once they've exceeded "recommended" level/gear score, e.g.

Efficiency and all that, since the way to make numbers go up is pretty much through grind money.

Some of the more fun/engaging gameplay I've had was running slightly undergeared alts (basically a +7 weapon, +5 armor) in the L50 areas in the southwest of the map.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 20, 2017

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Ineptitude posted:

Where/when do you get these? I have a full set of jarettes but several of those came from the black spirit game board.
IIRC Armor comes at 52 and upgrades every level, offhand comes from the end of a long black spirit quest chain around level 50?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Huh they give you a bunch of stuff for taking a DK to 45 (total of 5 million + 3 hards/sharps to 45, which takes an hour or two with the daily XP buffs). Looks like 55 gets you 2 jewelry boxes too. And she seems a fun class so I want to do that. But it looks like it'll have to be self-enchanting up to +15 weapons...not looking forward to that first time experience.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Nektu posted:

Also, are there guild activities (that I would never ever be able to join due to the timezone difference)?
Not particularly. The occasional gather-athon, weekly scrolls (basically shared summon bosses, but pubs frequently organize those too). Basically the guild's there for the +3 to gathering and +1 to fishing.

gwrtheyrn posted:

If you camp the market you can probably find one. I've seen some stay up for a couple minutes late at night but it wasn't ultimate or Rosar/krea
Self-enchanted a Kalis to +15, which went alright. Those are cheap as gently caress (26K), dunno why you'd want a Yuria at 300K per repair (I spent more stones than average according to the charts, and I think I had to throw 20ish fresh weapons for repair, which is a 5 million difference) for basically no difference at PvE. Just the thoughts of a noob enchanter.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

gwrtheyrn posted:

Common opinion is that yuria is garbage. Rosar/krea are the new cool items since they supposedly have higher base accuracy, have two slots, and have higher base AP. Honestly the difference between 300k repair and 26k repair isn't the biggest deal since you're blowing like 600k of black stones each time you need a repair.
I mean, that's a 50% difference right there.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Finally trekked out to Valencia, and apparently you can softlock the game by dying to desert debuff while in the amity minigame. You don't get a UI back and can't revive or quit, and have to restart the game.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

TVDinna posted:

I highly recommend investing into the top tier jewelry right now that are saturated on the market.
A decent buying price right now for Basilisk Belts at 38mil and Croissant Guardians at 30mil.

Grab any you can find and wait a week or two until prices recover from the event. Basilisk can be flipped at 55-60mil and Croissants for 42-45mil. Mostly depending how patient you are.
With Value Pack buffs on, this is 4mil+ on each piece flipped.
Looks like its too late to get in, basilisks up to 45, etc.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks!

I sold off some stuff yesterday to get cash and sold a bit too much so i can afford to buy a DUO Liverto (The plan was PRI)
Additionally the PRI price has dropped and the difference now is almost 50 million between the 2. Am i then better off buying PRI and enchanting it to DUO myself? Surely that can't statistically cost 50m?
No idea how accurate this remains or ever was given the state of knowledge about mechanics, but https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WzAeIFslcWhZ-TudUTrvt4S6ejGF8Uo5FwVqNivfHK0/pubhtml states a 27M average PRI->DUO for Liverto. That would make buying PRI, upgrading, and reselling would be profitable so I don't quite trust that.

EDIT: 33M, I read can't

lurksion fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 1, 2017

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

Yes. Not that it does anything. But yes.
It sometimes manages to detect autohotkey and shut everything down.

Not entirely sure why it isn't capable of finding it all the time, but :shrug:

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Ugh.

Second question. I hear a lot about AFK fishing, etc.

Do I have to actually leave the game running to do such things, or can I set an AFK activity and shut it off?
Need to let it run, though it does minimize to tray.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Huh so today I learned I can run BDO in a VM after some screwing around with config. I'm surprised that it doesn't crash and burn like most other games I've tried. VMs/CPUs have definitely come along way from when I last tried something like that a few years back.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

Which fishbot are you using?
None of that. Was considering a second account, decided against.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

J posted:

Once your gathering skill starts getting decently high and you have a large energy pool it actually starts taking a long rear end time to burn through it all.
Then you get to enjoy the joys of an hour of tree chopping or something!

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

patch notes posted:

Wording for Accuracy, Evasion, AP increase and decrease for the following items have been revised. Actual effects stay the same
Hmm...giving us accurate stats now for some things?

Nope, they're actually obfuscated more now!

some dude says posted:

+5 Flat evasion is +5 magic evasion, +5 ranged evasion, +5 melee evasion, and +5 mon evasion.
+20 all evasion translates into the same thing as +5 flat evasion
Accuracy on gems works the same way. There is ranged accuracy, melee accuracy, magic accuracy, etc.
This is why everything was increased by the same multiple.
The +5 FLAT evasion gem now says +20 all evasion

This game.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 17, 2017

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Apparently breeding them to have good skills requires infusion of P2W, so they show up rarely.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Huh, literal shoryukens and hadokens and hurricane kicks. Interesting.

First time seeing any of this.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Guess I'll buy a bunch of accessories tonight.

EDIT: Though who knows what event they'll pair up with the release.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 24, 2017

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Leveling up processing is important. Going from 1 from 10 to 2.5 out of 10 is kind of a big increase - 600 * 2.5 = 1500 > 800, and similarly 300 * 2.5 * 2.5 = 1875 > 1500 > 800.
IIRC you start getting 1-4 procs averaging 2.5 probably around late Professional with some exceptions - logs are one, and that nearly screwed me over on making the Epheria Sailboat. No idea when logs start proccing 1-4, but it certainly isn't Artisan 1 like the guides state.

Also, blackstone/relic event incoming.

quote:

Black Stone Increased Drop Event Begins!
Gotta get your enchant on? No problem, players can enjoy an increased drop rate of several useful items including Black Stones, Shards, and ancient relic stones.
Event Duration: May 24 ~ June 7
Additional Info: Killing monsters will drop Black Stones (Armor & Weapon), Gathering will have an increased rate of hard & sharp shards, and Fishing will have an increased rate for Ancient Relic stones.
And easier horse breeding apparently.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 24, 2017

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Apparently BDO is on Steam now for 6, 18, and 30 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
It appears to be https://discord.gg/tXJYW48