Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Memento posted:

My job drug tests for minesite employees, random screen for opiates, weed and amphetamines. A dude driving a 200-ton ore truck with 400-ton of ore on the back of it isn't someone you want tweaking or sedated.

Well maybe this thread wants that, but I don't want to be anywhere near it.

Unloading a 'dozer at a Western Australia mine in the late 80s. The most important thing to note is that nothing happening here is breaching OH&S laws. The past is a different country.

We should treat them like combat pilots and give them high quality uppers and downers courtesy of the Taxpayers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Turtlicious posted:

I work in California, so I just tell every potential employer that I smoke weed on the weekends, and therefore can't work weekends.

and just think, if we took up arms and installed obama as dictator for life less than a year ago we'd already have weed welfare

e: and islamic communism

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Cugel the Clever posted:

This is libertarian horseshit that can't stand up to serious peer review.

Appeal to popularity fallacy :shepface:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

thatbastardken posted:

saw a skull like that when i was watching an attempted murder trial, only the effect had been achieved with a baseball bat.

Was it on xvideos or redtube?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

wow russian women really shrink when they turn into babushkas

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Why do your garbage trucks have clear sides?

Its so they cant hide the garbage no matter what

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

how in the actual gently caress?

its from cakewars, it's actually a highly detailed fondant accident

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Cumslut1895 posted:

that is exactly what you'd want a fake bomb to look like

ill have you know that kid went on to commit the bowling green massacre

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

all we know is the officer was on the scene, a gun was drawn and during the proceedings five children became deceased

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

zedprime posted:

Explosions in a technical sense have certain expectations on magnitude and extent of the pressure wave. It's sort of useful to be able to distinguish between gonna knock your windows out and blow your ears out vs it popped and is now burning off a smog feeding pillar of smoke.

That it's not flattening buildings in an explosion and just conflagrating is a small triumph with low enough expectations.

sure all that's technically true, but they didn't say it because they're pedantic, they said it to minimize any liability, so not only are they "distorting reality" through PR, they're doing it to save a few bucks

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

yeah and the fact that they're going into a museum means it's inevitable that they'll be forensically examined thoroughly

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

lmao we're doomed

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Synthbuttrange posted:

look at that bag slosh

*yelling from a distance*

"it's okay! I double bagged it!"

(later): :supaburn:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Its great how this was all predicted decades ago, except they didn't factor in the most damaging factor of all: human shortsightedness

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I'd kill myself if i was surrounded by cops and techbros too

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

quote:

Police are investigating how the 93-year-old motorist lost control of the vehicle.

:lol:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

reminds me of the time I moved into a condo that was on a 2nd story with a small deck. Someone was throwing out a perfectly disgusting old barcalounger, so i dragged it over to the concrete stairs up to my place. It was too big to carry up the rather steep steps so I just tipped it up and the headrest fit neatly between a couple steps and then i tipped it more and the back legs fit neatly on another and before long I'd rolled the drat thing up the steps to sit by my front door

when I moved out a couple years later, I tipped it over onto the steps and it rolled down so quickly that the structure of the chair burst when it hit the ground. the back separated from the recliner parts and lots of particle boards cracked and shattered.

it was all in all an excellent investment: minimal effort for maximum enjoyment

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

cornholing

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

probably has something to do with the municipalities, CA is a special state with a unique constitution

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

lost my poo poo at swede racer

pro read

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I watched this for like a full five minutes and I only realized it wasn't a raunchy fart after I read the description

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

:eyepop:

one of them is even the same color as the festive plate!

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

:eyepop:

E: haha my new av rules

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Rad-daddio posted:

Yep. It was Fisher who designed the pressurized ink pen at their own cost of about 200,000 USD(not googling it). The resulting pen cost NASA about as much as a normal pen.

I actually have one of the older Fisher space pens(Black Grid Shuttle Pattern) . It has the original pressurized ink cartridge in it. It also sounds like your're cycling a bolt action rifle when you click the button on top and the side. loving solid as a rock.

i can't wait for this meme to break into the mainstream as soon as commercial spaceflight does

today a man was detained after trying to use a pencil on a Virgin Galactic flight

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Platystemon posted:

Fun fact: pens are exceptions to the TSA’s liquid rule.

well only because they cant contain more than the allowed amount of liquid

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

christ :nms: some of these accident reports

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

yes im a babby

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I seriously don't get this phenomenon, in my city the canadian geese that come through are incredibly polite.

my theory is their migration coincides with hunting season and they are just glad to have a little oasis where nobody is allowed to shoot at them, so they're very quiet and docile, going as far as to use crosswalks and wait for traffic

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

ChickenHeart posted:

FYI a huge chunk of geese 'assholeishness' is based on whether they're nesting/raising gooselings or not.

If it's that time of year for eggs geese will have no problem suicidally charging at predator animals, or on some occasions, running vehicles heading their way.

oh so its like building your city on an ancient indian burial ground, okay, well thats on y'all

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Gorilla Salad posted:

I made sure to save this the last time it got posted:

:stonk:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

thats going on my metal album

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

hopefully nothing happens inshallah but if theres a terror attack there, those are probably gonna be part of the conspiracy theories

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Vanagoon posted:

Don't be such a whiny bitch about eeeeverything is just soo offensive then? Man the something awful dot com forums used to have some bite, now we're just as pussy-whipped as everywhere else.

Oooooops, I used another offensive term for lady bits.

phew this mancave smells like farts

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Mustached Demon posted:

He's gonna die isn't he?

we're all gonna die

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

thats what they want you to think :tinfoil:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

ahahahaaha holy poo poo i love that its all the same product too, can you imagine the fights that had to lead to this solution?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

GotLag posted:

What kind of lovely workplace doesn't just use petty cash to bay the buck or two it would take to buy milk for everyone?

why does one of them have infection tape all over it

there's so much to speculate about :allears:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

why are they all the same kind? is semiskimmed like 1% or 2%? if its canadian milk why isnt it in bags

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

so theyre bobbies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i gotta know the aftermath of this one