Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

No Trump has the intangibles to win and can attack her from right and left. But he is very unpopular and she enjoys broad Democratic support. She has to convince undecideds Trump is gonna gently caress everything up, while not imploding.

The good news is with Cruz dropping out the worst possible outcome has passed.

i want you to really, really try and visualize a person who hasn't made up their mind between trump and clinton at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Paradoxish posted:

A frightening number of people that I known are starting to grumble about voting for Trump now that Sanders no longer has any realistic path to the nomination. These are people who two months ago said they'd be happy to vote for any Democratic candidate. It's annoying as poo poo and I've basically stopped discussing the election with a ton of people because of it.

Not Arzying or trying to suggest any kind of larger trend at all here, just saying that I know people who would fall into this category and it's... weird. Then again, I'd say they're less undecided and more desperately looking for a reason that voting for Trump would be "okay."

i'm guessing you know a bunch of young white dudes?

edit: nvm you already answered this

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

trump's path to victory basically involve making more white people.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

SquadronROE posted:

Literally, Trump's path to victory could be two-fold:

1. Get out the "Angry White Person" vote
2. Depress the "Everyone Else" vote.

If he can disenfranchise enough people while motivating his base (which he's done very well so far), he'll have a shot at winning.

problem is, everyone else seems pretty motivated to gently caress up trump's whole day

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

once again, it relies on us minorities to stop you stupid white people from making a huge mistake.

i hope some of y'all remember this next time black history month rolls around

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

Getting people out to vote against the other guy instead of for their own candidate has never proved very effective. Then again, Trump is an almost uniquely terrible candidate and has stomped all over all the rest of the generally accepted logic on these things, so who knows.

yeah i think if anyone can disprove that old adage, trump will be the one. he's just awful. i'm extremely excited to vote against his clown rear end.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i think that if trump was running against a black guy he'd do better with white voters honestly

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

an article detailing what will happen when trump loses

http://www.theonion.com/article/south-postpones-rising-again-for-yet-another-year-377

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

also i apologize: i just posted a joke about the south in the uspol thread. please do not take this as an opportunity to start lecturing me that most of the black people in america live in the south, i'm well aware, i'm one of them

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Popular Thug Drink posted:

who do you think palin was

somehow now only the second weirdest person to make a major grab for the presidential office in my political lifetime

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

And if taking kids away from parents because Wrong Think speeds that up you're on board right?

please don't activate the shitposting cell again

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

oh man i'm glad you guys called out rjadkj again so we can have seven pages of people teeing off on his dumb as hell views.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

it would be kind of poetic if rkadlji realized that he was run out for wrongthink, haha.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

god we're such a deeply, deeply stupid state

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i only know one guy who vapes and he is exactly as you just envisioned him in your mind's eye.

i don't know about rural whites, but i do support segregation for vapers, and destroying their way of life

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

No, that's me. I'm super authoritarian and also sincerely believe in one world government complete with tracking chips, controls on movement, and all that other good stuff. And probably a lot of unfortunate but necessary sidelining, let's call it, of people who won't go along. Which is for the best really because we're going to need a population reduction.

the "yikes" meme

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

I didn't care who won the Democratic nom from the start, but at this point I think the best thing about Hillary taking the Presidency is that once she finally gets her shiny toy she'll go the gently caress away and leave us all alone. It's embarrassing watching her campaign.

I actually think Hillary is interested in using the position for doing (what she considers to be) good. She doesn't seem like a put it on the mantle kind of person. But I may just be a rube.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/729704020273733633

Please be immediate withholding of federal funds, that would be hilarious.

we're so so dumb, good lord

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Sorry for you and people like you down there, but your state is about to get rawdogged by the JD.

yeah. yeah :(

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

SquadronROE posted:

This guy is so deep in the racism that he can't even see the light. What the hell, how are people really defending this guy.

they are also racist

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

*insert D&D answer about whites and/or poors*

hey man you might want to take a break from us politics, your posting has become incredibly cynical and depressing and half your posts are about some d&d hive mind poo poo. maybe get some fresh air, I dunno

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Depends what you mean by "Democratic Causes". The democratic party of 10 years ago is not the democratic party of today.

Aren't you the guy who's seriously worried about declining white influence in America

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i actually think he's talking about bernie

which is also dumb as hell (surprise surprise look who posted it) but in a different way

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

goddamn who hears "big business" and goes "thumbs up, hell yes, this is my jam"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Is there a word for the arzying that happens when something unabashedly good happens and people are like "well I'm sure they'll find a way to gently caress us over even harder!"

Like pessimism, but more thread specific I suppose

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah like how when silicon valley's massive wage-fixing racket was uncovered it caused a lot of people to leave the companies that had been loving them for years...

...oh wait.

Wasn't the issue that the companies were working together to gently caress over everyone's salaries? Meaning you couldn't really go to a new job because most of the major players were also in on the racket?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

climboutonalimb posted:

Offensive comments are offensive whether they come out of the mouth of a Democrat or Republican. But it's okay because it was a joke!

See also: de Blasio's CPT joke is okay because his wife is black.

Hillary is going all in on being candidate for women; she can't have surrogates making lovely sexist jokes in trying to label Trump as the sexist one.

Dating black people to make black jokes is like, the third best thing about black people
Reason one is our alarming good looks and reason 2 is to be spared from Obama's final executive order

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Celestial scribe is a pretty good gimmick account, because if he were real, he would've died of pure panic by now

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

His Purple Majesty posted:

Nah that just makes you a closet white nationalist

What does "our good looks" in that quote mean to you

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

And an increasing capital projects arm race for nonprofits has incentivized them to turn dormitories into hundreds of little palaces for all the little aspiring emperors attending State U.

My small, reasonably reputable yet quasi-commuter college is unrecognizable after ten years--and the tuition is 3x what it was when I attended 10 years ago.

It is really, really bizarre and it is crippling a generation.

Lmao calm down grandpa, there are about a hundred hurdles in front of this generation before "nice dorm rooms"

Edit: now that I think about it you're probably talking about the cost, disregard

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

should've said steady hands

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Yoshifan823 posted:

I follow Jamelle Bouie and it's 33% him tweeting about his job, 33% responding to dipshits who respond to tweets about his job/chastise him for being anti-Bernie/say racist poo poo during one of the first two things, and 33% photography. It's pretty cool.

edit: An Example

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/733742737732734977

I do like how he gets a little racist with it at the end, that's neat

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

Hey can't most of Trump's success just be attributed to him just having become the defacto nominee?

Yeah but that's not as fun for arzying and horse racing

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The average American knows who Bernie Sanders is, not DWS

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Are there any actual leftists on this forum who don't support both left wing social issues and left wing economic issues? As was pointed out by others above this whole thing feels more like redbaiting to me.

There are a couple of people in YCS who I can think of, but that forum is a madhouse

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They would push Hillary biting her nails as a national scandal so why would that matter?

she's biting her nails from the stress of being indicted...ANY DAY NOW! ! !

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

RuanGacho posted:

The ideologically pure financial job for a leftist is to work for a credit union.

people who work at credit unions are good people

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Overheard at the gym

"Coming up next, we unravel the mystery behind Trump university, which some students and several lawsuits say may have been a scam"

- CNN

The weasel wording made me laugh out loud

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Grey Fox posted:

I'd chalk it up to Trump's litigious nature.

50/50 between that and CNN's general pervasive awfulness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i'm not going to lie to you, i thought The Iron Rose's "america must project FORCE *slams iron fist on table*" shtick was a very involved gimmick until right now

these are the times that try men's soul

rscott posted:

They just voted to extend the school day 30 minutes so they didn't have to close down schools and it's been spun as greedy teachers want longer summer breaks so yeah it's all hosed down here

there are a lot of things about america that truly, truly suck, but our outright contempt for teachers is one of the more depressing ones to me

(this is not an implication or invitation to argue that teachers don't get hosed right and raw in other countries, i can only speak for the places i've lived)

Zelder fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 26, 2016

• Locked thread