Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

the one great thing about that ounce was it only cost like $50 and I'll always have a little nostalgia for the days of dropping like $200 on lovely weed and feeling weed rich for like a week before accidentally smoking it all in blunts

IMO the biggest drawback of the 50$ oz was the splitting headache.

Re: edible chat - high potency weed edibles give me an almost physical hangover. Just tired, dehydrated, very sore, usually nauseous. Does anyone else feel like that the next day?

Also, has anyone tried live resin in a Volcano or similar vaporizer? I'd like to get into live resin / dabbing at home, but I don't want to deal with a torch or nail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Man weed is cool

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

concentrates are the soylent green of weed

its... people! VAPE CARTS ARE PEOPLE!
*take a hit off ipod shuffle anyway*

I cant decide if vape carts are the greatest thing ever, or the worst.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Droogie posted:

Some newbie questions as I'm still like a month into this at most. And I've read some answers here I'm positive, but uh... :420:

Vape pen cartridges. I saw some talk about this just a little bit ago. Mine has started to have some sort of blockage. I've cleaned and poked around the business end and can't see an obstruction. It goes away with a major blow or suck action (lol) and feels like there's a physical blockage. It's back by the next time I use it. What gives? It's a Bloom cartridge, but I know providers vary wildly and that may not mean anything to anyone out of the region.

The same thing happens to me towards the end of the cart. It seems like vaped oil is building up inside the cart and it eventually blocks it, although once the cart is warm than the oil flows and it unclogs itself. I dont know what to do about that, it always seems like a waste :question:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Cage posted:

Its weird in NY now. A bunch of headshops and smoke shops are now selling stickers and oh hey with the purchase of that sticker you get a free gift of weed with that. And during the summer people would set up a pop up outdoor vendor market. Set up a tent and take "donations" and hand out some free weed and edibles.

Did I say weird its actually pretty awesome. Is this how things work elsewhere where weed is now decriminalized?

Most places go through that phase, because decriminalization / legalization aren't synonymous with opening a retail store. When MA went legal, there were a lot of people selling T shirts for 5 bux with a free 8th of weed on craigslist.

California was slightly ahead of the curve, because medical dispensaries have been entrenched here for years now, but just flipping the switch overwhelmed a lot of them.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I skipped a kerjillion pages to share this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherrington/2022/01/11/study-finds-cannabis-compounds-prevent-infection-by-covid-19-virus/?sh=1106e9d01753

:hmmyes: :350:

:weed:
Apparently, my personal strategy (and I believe a lot of yours) of getting high as hell throughout the entire pandemic was the right thing to do?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
TBH i'm continously astonished that nobody has named a covid-19 strain yet. I was expecting corona crippler or cougher-19 by like June 2020, and yet here we are

edit : to be clear I'm not clamoring for this. a lot of people have obviously died or been seriously impacted by covid-19, and I'm not making any sort of joke at their expense. I guess I was expecting the weed industry to be trashier than it is?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Hello weed friends

I smoke a lot of vape carts. I feel they're probably bad for me, just in a general disposable-metal-coil-heated-and-inhaled kinda way. I want to switch to live resin w/o the cart, so i guess this is dabbing? I had a dab rig once but the butane torch was an extreme turn off. I had this expensive battery powered pen looking thing that you could scoop resin into, and it worked sorta OK for a little bit, but it ultimately crapped out.

Is there a semi-portable way to dab/vape live resin without loading up my own carts? Alternatively is there a home dab rig that I can just plug in and spoon resin into and vape?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Happy Weed Time on the Weed Day, Weed Thread!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
What is the best way to dab without using a torch, preferably electric?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

Hot knives I guess

:hmmyes: It has been literally decades since I did a hot knife hit. I've also done a magnifying glass hit, which is cool but inconveinent.

butt dickus posted:

my buddy uses a carta 2 focus v and it's pretty sweet, i think a lot of people would agree it's one of the best. i also like using a dynavap with a coil in it and an inductive heater. there's the ispire wand and you can use the buckets it comes with in your glass or you can get an adapter and heat your dynavap with it

Thank you! I was curious if something like the wand existed; like an electric way to fire any dab rig. However:

I think I need this. Thanks for all the recommendations, will post trip pics!

edit

holy poo poo it has wireless charging :drugnerd:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jr6WIVvGlk

i got the thing that was posted here by someone a while ago

:monocle: I watched it and was like ..."is this dude going to rip this thing, whats happening here?...:okpos: "

Thats an impressive bit of hardware :haibrow:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Calico Heart posted:

I live in the UK and a friend from the states brought over some vapes and gummies. I've found myself having a much, much nicer time with these than smoking. Unfortunately don't think there's any way I can order more - stories of people trying to import are a real mixed bag.

Didn't Heathrow stop turning people away with less than an ounce? I also believe that weed is now recreationally legal in NYC... fly out there, have a weekend, fly home with your bag stuffed*

*DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO RUSSIA

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

I've heard they are sorta too convenient for their own good

yo if I could sum up the last 4-5 years of my life, this would be it. its simply too convenient and discrete. HOWEVER its 100% not as good a high, and the weed/process they use to make carts is utter trash.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Tax alcohol the way weed is taxed and put the money towards robo-taxis

onesixtwo posted:

new bong post (Protege by https://www.instagram.com/cloud_connoisseur_official/ I ordered from him through fuckcombustion twice now, can vouch)

hell yeah weed

:haibrower: that is a v. dope bong

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

We just got a Sbarro (in a gas station) down here in the Valley.

No loving clue why someone brought mall food to a place with no malls.

because weed is legal there, silly.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Sunk Dunk posted:

to people that vape - is the extra cost of live resin worth it versus distillate? I can get distillate 1g cart for like 25, while a live resin one is 45.

the distillate will have less terpenes and such in it, so its less of a :airquote: complete :airquote: high

Nearly every single live resin cart is still made with distillate in some capacity, so they're not really necssarily healthier. The big reason that I stick with the live resin carts (specifically Select but others) is the manufacturers don't add any of the perfumey tastes to them.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
my roommate in the early 00s went to thailand and talked about Thai sticks.

I was like.. dude you flew 24 hours to smoke weed, we got real good weed right here :catstare:

Now that Thailand has legalized for medical and seems to be considering recreational, I wonder if Thai sticks will be their new pad thai

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

like if you had all the weed in the world all the time, how would you smoke it? I'd probably do cannagars and dabs mostly. why gently caress around with a little joint or whatever.

:okpos: Fill a sensory deprivation tank with hash oil :okpos:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

The last :10 :vince:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

eddiewalker posted:

everything on dynavap.com is 40% for the next 2 hours. It gets the iSpire wand under $100.

:okpos:

So I could use the ispire wand to torch a regular dab kit as well as a Dynavap, right? and basically never need a lighter or torch again?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Havent had a sip of alcohol in over 10 years

Thanks weed! :thumbsup:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Bumping the weed thread because its my very long standing tradition to get high as hell Sunday morning

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Konar posted:

Meet the Parents really hosed up by not placing the movie in a Christmas context, it could have enjoyed a long life of xmas network syndication and people rewatching it yearly with that small change. Wouldn't even need to change much of the plot or anything.

I thought of that a few weeks ago while probably high

:okpos: honestly you're right :okpos:

although weirdly making the new Hawkeye show specifically about christmas, so that it would always be a christmas thing, just sucks (although :lol: at Jeremy Renners leg's final performance)

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Same, but NYC.

Just been to three shops and all the 510 carts seem to be counterfeit CA brands. Lame, as the counterfeits can be incredibly unhealthy to smoke and the legit store is 2x $$.

I guess extra $$ as a "don't die" tax is probably ok, but it's annoying!

:haibrower: yeah i don't gently caress with those counterfeit carts after the vitamin E debacle. Plus those carts always taste perfume-y

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
is it possible to drive coast to coast legally holding now?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Is there a ferry from Illinois to Michigan?

EDIT

or for that matter, from Michigan to New York? are the great lakes international waters? how does that work?

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 3, 2023

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:350: & :coffeepal: on a early Monday morning is just :discourse:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Vlaphor posted:

Weed vaping is ok in this house

:haibrower:

I dunno if I could ever go back to smoking flower. It just doesn't taste/smell as good as vape pens, plus the actual smoke smell and stuff. The only drawback I can tell to vaping indoors is it can leave a residue on glass surfaces, but as compared to bong hits (or Marlborough Lights :v:) its basically nothing

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Sunk Dunk posted:

i wish there was a way i never had to go to work again

:haibrower:

I was fired last week. I will have to go back to work again, but not today

although fr i'm switching to CBD next week because I got a lotta computer toucher certifications to pass

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Have you all ever had a strain that tasted so good that you just wanted to smoke it all the time?

I'm sure these Rove Tangie carts are melting my lungs or whatever, but they're delicious

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
how da gently caress is the weed thread on the 2nd page on a friday

ripping that Tangie, about to go on a bike ride. Electric bikes are the 2nd coming :haibrow:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

I just smoked some weed and I gotta say: it's good!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

if only they could make a THC infused spray paint I could huff.

tbh vape carts are pretty much that. The funky cheap ones with the added flavors probably have a lot of chemical similarities to spray paint :v:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I maybe replied in the Addicts thread, but I had the same arc with RSO like twenty years ago. I don't care for Indica effects so it was sort of a novel thing for me, but two of my roommates hosed their world up for like two months with a syringe apiece. They'd squeeze a dollop onto a leaf bowl, each take like one rip, and be :okpos: for hours. For a long time we only knew it as hash oil and spoke of it with both fear and awe. Said two roommates also deep fried pizza rolls and wrapped them in cream cheese and pepperoni :dafuq::barf:

for fifteen smackers I should make the drive to Vegas

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

The value proposition is frankly insane. I'm used to buying an eighth every other day. Meanwhile half this syringe has lasted me 2 days of heavy use. I'm gonna try putting it on top of a bowl right now

I used to make tea with resin, this reminds me of that lol

yeah actually that's very specifically what I remember about it - it was basically like God-resin, in taste and smell and consistency. I never tried eating it though :stare:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Jelly posted:

I just bought 7g of RSO for < $100. 1g of dabs generally goes for $20-$70 (yes there is a huge range).

yeah but some dabs taste like angel kisses, and RSO tastes like hash

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:shrug: doing weed to cure cancer seems wrong, but doing weed and having it maybe cure cancer as a bonus seems right? :shrug:

Hardawn posted:

I need to Google a visual chart of the different consistencies of concentrates that result from the various extraction methods.

there really are only two methods - chemical and mechanical. Chemical is alcohol, butane, or whatever. Mechanical would be something like cold water hash bags or a live rosin press.

The issue with chemical extraction is getting the extracting chemical back out. The issue with mechanical is efficiency and potency. So for example, butane will make the THC literally run off the weed, but you have to get the butane back out. And even if you go through and sort/sift a buncha flower until its all bud, sticking it in a 10-ton press will have less amount/potency of a yield vs butane. These are sorta broad generalizations (getting the butane back out isn't necessarily hard, the potency yields from mechanical presses are nominal if the bud is processed correctly, etc.)

If you're buying any sort of concentrate from a store, its 99.999999999% likely it was made using butane unless very specifically noted. Also I've tried both mechanical processes at home numerous times with various results. Cold water hash was usually a novel afternoon making a big mess in the backyard to get some funky poo poo that looked and smelled like lawn clippings, but had a very distinct high. I've also used a t-shirt press to press weed into oil, which didn't come out that great but I blame my setup more than anything.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Inspector Hound posted:

I think it mostly helps you feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Earwicker posted:

i will be in newark new jersey on 4/20 this year. not sure what to do with that!

get high, take the train into the city, do awesome city stuff while high? may I recommend Da Met?