Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
If they're bringing in Ghost Rider, then this season might be about more magic-y stuff with a tie in to dr. Strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

mind the walrus posted:

In some ways that's worse.

Hail Hydra, they say

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
It seems like if they go with the cliche new boss it will:
A. Only last an episode, maybe two, until (Thing) happens to get everyone respecting each other.
B. Get played mostly for laughs.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Episode owns, show owns, everything owns.

Just rewatched the ep. Im glad yoyo is still around, the character is cool but also her power is really cool.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, supposedly Perlmutter was the one pushing for an Inhumans movie because he has a huge bug up his rear end about making comics for characters Marvel doesn't have the rights to. When Disney stepped in and kicked him out of everything to do with the movies, Feige quietly took Inhumans off the schedule.

Perlmutter sucks, no argument there, but I will admit to being a little bummed at the movie getting canned.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bloodychill posted:

I thought Inhumans movie was part of the whole "gently caress Fox" thing where they were going to rebrand mutants as Inhumans across MCU and the comics so there might not actually be much about the original comic Inhumans.

This was my hope as well. gently caress the royal family I basically just want MCU X-Men.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Inspector 34 posted:

^^I can't tell if you're messing with me for missing something obvious or actually encouraging me to keep watching.

Never not watch Shield. Show owns.

E: he's not messing with you

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bobkatt013 posted:

It's due to the gods spreading cheeks and ramming cock in rear end

Fill your hands with piss and poo poo and see yourself well satisfied

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I just saw the S4 advert watching a football game and immediately watched the first two eps because Ghost Rider. I love Ghost Rider

So much better than where I stopped watching S1

In all honesty there's some pretty cool poo poo between season 1 and now, too.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Mutants. Genosha. Its happening.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I just mean that the inhumans stuff as we've seen so far is coming across as off-brand X-Men. But I'm 10000% ok with this.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Blazing Ownager posted:

Pretty sure that's what Marvel was planning to do with them entirely at one point, and still might. Mostly because of Fox.

Right. And tbh the 'mutant' thing fits inhumans even better that way.

Its still about people born different.

After the first avengers movie, people who are part alien fits the 'humanity hates and fears us' bit even better.

The fact that terrigen is everywhere now means that inhuman kids are just gonna start popping up (like mutants do)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Maybe nobody held a press conference and revealed the preferred codenames of those guys.

drat you.

Right, there's probably people in MCU new york who listened to method man on the radio and think Luke Cage is called Bulletproof Love.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

counterfeitsaint posted:

mandatory quota

Drink!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Wolpertinger posted:

What? Really? :psyduck:

Frank Castle is the Pepe Le Pew of murder.

It's like...the only thing he does.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I thought the shield base was in or around LA.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Spergatory posted:

James also had to deal with the Hive shakes, and they even said in the show that he took it worse than Daisy. To go from murder and genocide and loving every minute of it to feeling nothing but emptiness and contemplating the wretchedness of your own actions... I'd say that's a very sensible place to turn to self-loathing nihilism.

Add to all that, he wasn't a particularly likeable person even before he had powers. And not having friends or much support after all that can compound that bitterness and self-loathing.

E: this should have been explained better in the show, but its a completely logical turn for the character.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Goddammit, I had successfully blocked that show from memory until now. You assholes.

Save the Hacker, Save the world.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Wolvorine posted:

Oh wow, weren't we literally making that joke in season 1?

There were a lot of bad things in season 1. We can't remember every little thing. :shobon:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Chokes McGee posted:

Nah, Cthon is just Cthulhu with the numbers filed off. Deals are Mephisto. You say "I'd do anything for X" in a moment of weakness, and he shows up and goes "o rly?"

Plus, didn't Mephisto bond the original Spirit of Vengeance onto Johnny Blaze? They're mushing together a bunch of different Ghost Rider pieces, so it wouldn't surprise me if Racist Senator Lady unleashes Mephisto from the Darkhold somehow.

Meanwhile Jeff Mace just :stare: emptily into the distance as a demon rampages through the entire city and SHIELD interns engulfed in flames run around screaming in the background.

The after credits teaser on that episode is just Coulson and Mace sitting in a bar, Mace has a thousand yard stare.

He turns to Coulson, "Phil, I qui-"

Cut to black.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Am I the only one who thought Blade 3 was good because it was hilarious?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Was he the "SHEILD is gone" guy too, or am I lumping all those guys together.

That was a different but no less obnoxious guy

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
We survived goofy dubsmashes and cosplay, we can survive insane nerd theorycrafting

(I like both btw)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

"For you, it's calling in The Cavalry. For me? It's Tuesday."

Yesssss

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyno posted:

I didn't hate his suit. It was decent for their budget.

It seemed like low budget captain america. Which is what mace is, so im happy about it

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

BSam posted:

That's not her name.

Here we go again...

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

howe_sam posted:

I don't think she blew up the whole base, just the hangar.

It looked like she was sitting on multiple crates and barrels (just labeled 'explosive' but still) from the size of the fireball chasing the zephyr, and depending on just how big the base is, she could absolutely have levelled anywhere from 'some' to 'all' of it.

Either way, the hanger and whatever was nearest the hangar are likely a smoldering hole in the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Yakmouth posted:

I still hope the season ends with a more explicit tie-in. The Darkhold is too big business to trust to the government and I want to see Marvel's Men in Black get visited by the Men in Cloaks.

This will never happen, but my dream is to have the stinger for the episode where they're done with the darkhold just be Coulson talking to Wong. Just like when Strange first meets Wong, Coulson is trying to be funny and Wong is just stonewalling him until Phil hands over the book.

fake edit: Flash-pants made of GOES FAST are a sandwich.

• Locked thread