Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

54 40 or gently caress posted:

How hard is it to say "if you ever do that again we're done and this is not a joke"

But ultimatums are abuse! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

HAT FETISH posted:

Fakespeare

This sounds like an acute case of HS drama club nerd who never grew out of it.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

[27, M] My wife [25, F] of 2 years is talking negatively about me in therapy sessions that I pay for. Should I stop letting her go?

This guy is human garbage. That said, it sounds like the therapist was shoving some boilerplate Eat, Pray, Love BS at her and then charging for the full hour. If my spouse came to me and said they wanted to take a long vacation alone, I would absolutely feel like I'd been kicked in the teeth. I don't understand married people who take solo vacations.

DOMDOM posted:

Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

I feel like everyone's just glossing over that this dude brought bath products to a first date.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Nazzadan posted:

h o r s e

I[27M] believe my girlfriend's [24F] hobby is dragging her down, along with our relationship.

quote:

My girlfriend is a full time student (last year), part time employee at her father's business, and a full time "equine" rider. For those who do not know, "equine" is the horses that ride in the ring doing jumps.

Doesn't equine just mean "horse"? I can't find anything about a specific way of riding called equine. I think maybe this guy is confused? Or I am? This bothers me in a highly irrational way.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

:allears: that needs to be quoted for anyone who doesn't take the time to read this.

Lol@the sister wanting to get in on this

I can't decide if she thought she was "helping" or if she just always hated him and switched the way she went about it.

I really want to believe the former.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
This kind of thing happens to lots of men, and harping about it is only going to give him a complex.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

VanSandman posted:

How do you gently caress up a kids birthday party that bad, my god.

This is like...textbook narcissism, right?

Why would you even go to a kids party place if you're only having 2 kids there?

Edit: whoops, was picturing a different kind of place, not just a pizza place.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 28, 2017

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It's very important to get the oral sex out of the way as efficiently as possible. :pseudo:

If you try to do two things at once, you don't do a very good job at either one.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Gaunab posted:

You're going to go through a patch where people start talking about punching dogs and it is immediately unfunny.

Dogs are so pure and good that the idea punching their innocent smiling faces is funny, because actually its incredibly tragic.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Put that gamer in a room with no electronics for a month to detox. Slide a crossword puzzle, a book and some sort of craft project through the feeding slot with every meal.

Is it weird that this sounds really nice? Add in a walled garden with a pond and some ducks and sign me up.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

He's a good baby! It took 42 hours and an Unplanned c-section him topside but he's healthy!
http://m.imgur.com/nsWI0C0

14/10. Would defend from wild dogs.

Also, did you used to be Toriori? Been wondering that for months.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

new phone who dis posted:

I can see rescuing a difficult breed but yeah going out and specifically buying one makes you a loving idiot.

In a few days i am picking up my new puppy. It is a Purebreed Maremma Sheepdog. 

I have had lots of dogs in the past and raised quite a few puppies so i know about how to look after dogs and what is needed. This dog will be the biggest i have ever owned though. 

I have always wanted one of these kinds of dogs and i think it will fit into my lifestyle ok. I live in the city but i have a very large yard and a dog park 1 block from my house. I also go for 2, 1 hour jogs/fast walks per day. I have young children but the pup i am getting comes from a breeder with young kids too. My kids are 2 and 8weeks and the breeders are 2 and 3.

I know these dogs can be quite independent and strong willed. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this type of dog in an urban setting and how did they cope? I have already talked to the breeder and got lots of advice on the breed but i think i need more. All the advice they gave me is from their experience on farms. I have also read so much information on the net as i could get my hands on.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

new phone who dis posted:

Most work breeds like that need a job to be happy and will adopt guard dog if no other one exists. The best thing you can do with big, high-energetic dogs is tire them out with exercise.

Just in case anyone missed it, I am not getting a dog. This is an infamous PI thread.

Edit: these dogs exist to defend sheep, not herd them. Also they will sometimes just murder things.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 16, 2017

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Gerblyn posted:

Link? I wish to see the Wrath of PI

This should be it

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I went back and read all the comics and just wanted to mention that her little beginning smile in the last panel is beautifully executed.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Haifisch posted:

My [28F] mother-in-law [48F] is an awful cook.

It's not just a river in Egypt.

I think this might be the kind of situation that actually does call for an intervention.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

They must have money if their cabana has electricity, let alone having a cabana.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Haifisch posted:

Hmm yes, we went out of our way to go to this expensive theme park, let's spend most of our time in the loving gift shops.

A lot of people do this.

If you want to get the most out of Disney you need a plan. Many people like to be flexible, and that's fine, but at Disney that means waiting in long lines and wasting hours deciding where to go next.

Get there at opening, prioritize your rides ahead of time, have your meals picked out. Then spend the insanely hot afternoon at one of the hotel bars or in the air conditioned gift shop. Or nap time. Naps are good.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I have a nephew-in-law I've spent a cumulative two weeks with (at 14 weeks and then 14 months) and I would seriously murder for that kid, so I kind of understand where this guy is coming from.

This is the kind of risk you take dating someone who already has kids, though, and he just has to get over it.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Easy solution to the flag problem: The mom needed to hang a poster of this gentleman

to the left of the flag

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Clark Nova posted:

Found it, but in hindsight it wasn't very interesting, so instead have the story of Jerry Sizzler and Jerry Sizzler:

Is "Charismatic Christian" code for Jesus cult?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Haifisch posted:

My (42/f) friend (39/F) of 10 years catered a graduation party for me as a way to get business for her catering company. She is upset with how the event turned out. Am I a bad friend for focusing more on my party than her catering?

Guillotine.

Parties are always the most fun with a heavily enforced schedule.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

WampaLord posted:

Here's one that might get people up in arms:

Me [24 M] with my friend [24 F] of 5 years, she let two men with weapons into our home at 1am. Is it unfair to feel resentful?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It sounds like he keeps her amused, but I think he's being used.

He couldn't have tried any more.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I [28F] am now the legal guardian of my god son [3M]. My friends [20's] told me to ask if I needed anything. I asked if [3M] could joing their kids play date. They said no because they don't need a kid with issues around theirs.

I don't have words for the mixed feelings of anger, hatred, disgust, and profound sadness this engenders.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

im just saying that if he mysteriously got his legs broken after being hit by a car that would be fuckin wild in terms of coincidence

Can you break the pelvis without risking the internal organs?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Haifisch posted:

I'm starting to wish I had a time machine so I could warn past me not to post that story.

Me [23F] with my girlfriend [27F] of 2 months, she thinks I'm weird and childish for sleeping with a teddybear.

Toastin' does a good job being a cuddleable for my wife because I move around way too much to offer my arm or something. Tbh I can't stand being immobilized even if I know I can get out.

She doesn't actually need it, it's just a shortcut to sleepy time.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Milotic posted:

It's been a poor few days on the sub recently, but this poo poo is my jam.

Bfs [22M] mom [50sF] dislikes me [22F] and expressed her disdain for me through the use of bbq chicken. What do you do when your partners parents prefer their ex?

What are chicken flats? Sometimes butterflied chicken is called flat, but that doesn't really fit the context she uses it in.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

chitoryu12 posted:

interactive haunted trail I'm writing.

I would like to know more.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Intruder posted:

Why would you tell the truth here

How do I [25F] navigate talking to my husband [27M] about the "best" sex I've had?

Trainwreck

Can't say you weren't warned.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Haifisch posted:

My mom (40F) gets bored of places really quickly and keeps moving me (14F) around and I'm sick of it.

Ask her which mob boss she's fleeing, imo.

She needs to get rid of her grandmother's ashes.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pick posted:

Every boyfriend I've ever had has physically attacked me[F27][M26]Relationships
submitted 2 hours ago by likemilkandcookies

So to preface, I am 20 weeks pregnant. My bf today lost his temper, destroyed the car seat I just got as a gift, threw a knife across the room, then got in my face and started screaming at me. He told me I needed to "shut up before I hurt you"

I'm in shock. This whole argument started because I said that teachers actually do make a decent living compared to most if they make $40,000 a year. I said if they're married, they make $80,000 a year. And he accused me of constantly bringing up marriage? I was so lost that he would get upset over what I said that I yelled at him and told him he was acting like I was obsessed with him or something, implying that I've been trying to secretly bring up marriage every day and I didn't even want to marry him.

He lost it and kept saying why did you bring it up like he mentally snapped in the head.

This has happened to me before but not with him. With my last boyfriend. And the one before that. They don't have anything in common with each other. I dated an ex service member who worked as a chef in a fancy restaurant, a computer techy guy in computer repair, and now a construction worker.

Different ages, different home towns. Different personalities. But they all have one thing is common which is that they either have hit me, pushed me, or destroyed property while threatening me.

I'm starting to think it's me. I'm starting to lose trust that there is any man who can be with me and not hurt me.

Tl;dr keep getting hit or threatened by men who otherwise have nothing in common

She should try dating a woman and see if it happens again. Maybe she has a really whiny voice or something?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

Wasnt there a similar film/ya novel where one sister was raised as an organ and bone transplant bag for a sickly older sister?

"My Sister's Keeper."

It's based on a true story where they had a baby to steal her bone marrow at 14 months.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Haifisch posted:

My (33F) sister (32F) putting down my daughter (7F) for being attractive.

I mean, have you seen the way that girl eats crackers?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

pidan posted:

Buy him rice milk chocolate, it's the best. If he doesn't like that, :sever:, there's clearly something wrong with his taste buds.

Is it "the best" like turkey bacon or like, even if you can have regular chocolate you should still try this?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
As recently as 30 years ago, anyone who wasn't a complete fuckup could get a job and be reasonably sure that they'd be able to keep it until they retired or they died. They were wrong, of course, but that's the way the culture still thinks and there's no way of knowing when that will change.

Stories like this are going to become a lot more common before it does.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

P-Mack posted:

You also had to be a straight white male.

You're right. I often forget that I grew up in a very sheltered, rural monoculture where other kinds of people only existed on TV.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Motronic posted:

JFC stop dating people you need to sneak into a bar by WELL before the time you (should have) finished undergrad.

That is one of the weirdest things. I don't understand any of that poo poo. Weddings at Disney? Disney cruises - for ADULTS who aren't bringing children? WHY?

These things exist for the same reason people eat at McDonald's in Italy. They know they're going to get something they like with no surprises and with a certain standard of quality.

I have no nostalgia for Disney parks. I was never taken to one as a child. The first time I was obligated to go to one I was 25 and I was certain it would be a miserable, hot, long lined, over-capitalist nightmare. My wife and I had no kids and there were no kids in our party.

I was wrong.

The first thing I want to mention is that DisneyLAND and Disney World are entirely different beasts. At Disneyland it is feasible to just pop in for a few hours, grab a snack, ride a thing, and pop back out. Disney World you're committing at least 3/4 of your day or your wasting your time. Also, Disneyland has more attractions than all of Disney World's four parks put together in a space smaller than Disney World's Magic Kingdom. Also, Disneyland has alcohol. (Well, California Adventure, but it's right there)

Anyway, the main thing I was not expecting in any of the parks was the attention to detail in the theming. It didn't make me feel like I was in the jungle, but it made me feel like I was in what 1950s people thought the jungle was like, if that makes any sense. The food, if you do the research (I always do) is good). The lines aren't that bad if you have a plan and get there at opening. It's really the feelings though.

The haunted mansion is a genuinely spooky haunted house. It isn't scary or frightening or horrifying. It's spooky and fun.

The jungle cruise is a feast of animal-themed dad jokes and every skipper has their own selection and delivery. I sometimes ride this three times in a row if the line's short.

Pirates of the Caribbean. I wish to hell I'd been to Disney before they added Jack loving Sparrow to "improve" the ride. Its a cool, enchanting ride that does a good job building an atmosphere until Jack Sparrow takes it away from you.

I like the animals on the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Other things to like:
Dole Whips
Trader Sam's
Beignets/Nutella waffles depending on coast
Fireworks
Parades

Oh. And not having kids means you can take your time and do whatever you want. Sit and people watch. Whatever.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pvt.Scott posted:

primeval swamp filled with monsters that time forgot.

But enough about Floridians

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Boy howdy.

"Husband [38 M posted:

has lost all attraction to me [28 F] after my parents died and says threesome is only way to fix it"]

u/howtodothis33

Long story short, been with my husband a decade. He's my only adult relationship. When we met and I was 18 I wasn't taking the relationship seriously at first and was still exploring what I liked sexually and said at one point I wanted to have a threesome before I got married. Well my husband took that extremely seriously it turns out.

As the relationship got serious and I got a bit older and knew better what I liked and didn't like to me risking my relationship by having a threesome wasn't worth it but was still open to discussing it. We briefly discussed it again years later before we got married and couldn't agree, he wanted it to be with a friend, I wanted it to be with a stranger we'd never see again to minimize risk to our relationship. Neither of us would compromise on the matter so it didn't happen. For me though since it wasn't something I was terribly interested in I felt I was compromising, he thought I was being a closed minded prude. It got dropped.

My parents died, then my grandparents passed within a short 2 year period we just at around the 24 month mark of finally things settling. Being the only capable adult left in my family my 15 year old brother came to live with us. We're both in high paying job and have a 4 bedroom house, so it wasn't a hamper to our lifestyle aside from having a teen in the house. My husband nearly walked out the day it happened and I told him I could not throw my brother into the system after we just lost 4 people in our family and I have the means to take him in. He said he'd try and stick it out. He's honestly not handling it well and I've been trying to make our relationship a priority too but nothing is working.

I know this was a huge, monumental thing beyond anything else I could have ever asked of my husband to do. We've got 3 years left before he is 18 and can live on his own.

My husband however has lost all ability to be attracted to me. To sum me up, I look nearly the same as I did a decade ago (obviously a bit older)when I used to model and had no shortage of suitors, I am fit, attractive, take good care of myself. I've never done anything unfaithful or been anything but completely devoted and loyal to him.

We also went through an emotional affair on his side where he fell in love briefly with the friend he originally pushed to have a threesome with.

Now he's just completely unable to even get hard around me because he says I poisoned his mind and ability to be attracted to me by taking in my brother and all the stuff that happened after my parents died that he stuck around for (I was executor of will, had to deal with horrible outer family causing a lot of legal issues over money they weren't getting) and the only thing possible is to fix this is to "be the open person he signed up to be with" and have a threesome. We've talked at great lengths over this, he is has so much anger towards me for my family passing and for my refusal to be more open.

On one hand he is right, I have closed off more ever since the emotional afraid with my friend happened. It made me afraid and messed up for a bit. I'm long over that since people dying put into perspective and gave me enough else to worry about but also he's pushing the threesome in counter productive ways.

We already spend most date nights at the strip club as is and I've never had an issue with him watching porn or masturbating, only have asked no interaction with cam girls and no saving a bunch of a particular person on his phone (he once saved and carried around hundreds of pictures of some random amateur girl that weirded me out). And frankly he is more vanilla in bed than I am when it involves two people. I like more kinky things and am submissive and he just isn't really into that so much. I've been open to absolutely everything else he's ever wanted to do aside from bringing in a third party.

I'll suggest something, like we were in Paris and he wanted to go to a sex club, I wasn't ready for that as he sprung it on me suddenly and told me I was boring and if I loved him I'd do this, and so it took me a day to warm up to the idea and suggested we go and watch, not touch, just watch and feel it out but have a safe word if anything went too far and could immediately leave. He said that was too restrictive and I was taking the fun out of it and we got into a fight because he was berating me for ruining everything for him while we were walking to the drat club so we didn't go.

I am trying here. And he truly does have something broken, he isn't making up these feelings. I'm trying to be open to the idea but the more he puts me down and says I "owe" him this or I'll have to divorce him I feel more terrified of it. I try to come up with ways to ease into it and set boundaries but every time I do he is against it because I'm too restrictive and taking the fun out of it.

I'm not an idiot and know that for this to work, both people have to be on board. I'm not on board with a threesome right now, especially because it's being forced and my parents dying is being used as a reason I have to do this. But I am trying to find ways to ease into it, get more comfortable with the idea and am looking for suggestions on what steps I can take. He is broken, I am not but I do want to grow and would like to be more open and less afraid. Monogamy might really be for me but I suppose I'll never know if I don't try something else.

I've already lost literally my entire family and I really want to make this work but I'm feeling really down on myself and not sure how to be this more open person.

Any suggestions how to make this work? Is there a better sub to post this?

tl;dr: My parents died, took in my 15yr old brother, went through a lot of drama and hardship following their deaths as executor of will, husband stuck it out with me but said everything he's put up for me, esp having my brother live with us after my parents died, he isn't attracted to me anymore because he resents me too much for all the hardships and only way to fix this is to have a threesome. Because he did stuff for me he didn't want to I have to do this that I don't want to to save the marriage and ignite the spark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Haifisch posted:

Me [25 M] and soon-to-be-fiancé [25 F] splitting - but unsure if I should cling to hope

Hostel hopping harlot.

Hope?

Hardly.