Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

datajugend posted:

qualified for mensa but doesnt know what to do. :hmmyes:

tote up a bags posted:

oh now THAT'S a :murder:

We know the IQ cutoff for MENSA is 132 (on the Stanford-Binet), what’s the cutoff for the murder society?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I'd had trouble saying no to my mom if she carried multiple knives on her too.

To be fair, a lot of people already have trouble saying “no” when your mom calls them over

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Fiance (35m) and I (31f) might break up over our politics.

Background: together for ten years, getting married in December, four kids between the two of us.

My fiance and I have been together for what seems like forever and I thought we knew each others minds extremely well but I have learned that I was wrong. The Kavanaugh hearing and confirmation has brought up a lot of issues we have never really discussed in depth before and we are diametrically opposed to one another. I mean zero common ground and a complete lack of understanding of how or why the other person thinks the way they do. I have tried to explain my position and why I stand so forcefully behind it and when I ask him what his reasons for his position was he deflected and made jokes. He also made it a point to look up every single statistic I used in the debate and looked into every study those statistics came from in an attempt to disprove the validity of the information. I can't deal with a person who won't argue their point but will try to tear your argument down. The conversation turned from a debate to an argument in short order. At this point I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with someone whose morals and ideology differs so very much from my own. I know this is not something either one of us is going to change our minds about and as I am looking into entering into local politics it will not be something we can just avoid in conversation. I don't know what to do at this point other than to cut my losses here. I don't feel right about marrying someone who doesn't value me as I want to valued.

TL;DR fiance and I can't get past our differing politics

"The rapist part wasn't directly about Kavanaugh, it was in relation to sentencing for convicted rapists, especially Caucasian men, getting little to no punishment for their crimes. His response was, "Why should they go to prison for years? it's not like they killed someone."

I thought this was going to take a different direction and the end of the post would reveal that the OP was pro-Kav and the fiancé was a Democrat

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

QuarkJets posted:

kicking him to the curb and maybe mocking his comically tiny penis and balls

The answer to most things in the thread

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Theophany posted:

Over 200k randos have rubbed one out to my gf :smuggo:

Or one rando has rubbed one out 200k times.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

Author: /u/Weed_Problems
Title: I’m being suspended for sexual harassment regarding “bean dipping” a close friend and coworker of 4+ years

Original Post:
Title says a lot of it, but let me elaborate.
Started working at a restaurant in March of 2014. Around the same time another guy started working there.

Fast forward a year, we’ve become really great friends. Some would say best friends. Hard for me to type that out right now but that’s how at least I saw it.

We disc golf together. We camp. We go out to bars. We see concerts. Over the course of 4 years.

We’ve always played this childish game called Bean Dipping. You scoop each other’s nipples with cupped hands. That’s it.

He’s asked me in the past to stop. I did for a long time. He and my other friends, however, always egged me on by bean dipping me when I said I wasn’t going to do it anymore. I started doing it again after several months of that.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago: I’m a manager now and was told I needed to let some people go. He’s one of them due to his numbers and attitude toward the company. I did what had to be done and only hoped to save our friendship after everything was said and done. Long shot, I know, but hopeful nonetheless.

Today I came into work and right as we were finishing my boss came up to me and told me that I was being suspended pending an investigation due to a sexual harassment complaint from said friend.
How do I proceed?

We literally just purchased concert tickets to see a band on my birthday. He invited me over to hang out and have dinner not two weeks ago.

We’ve played this game both in and out of work over the past three years.
I’m not going to contact him and I’ve started contacting mutual friends to vouch for my character.

Please help.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

snergle posted:

eminems next interview toxic masuclinity rhymes with ______ idiot

He’s got a rhyming disease

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I mean yes under perfect conditions there shouldn’t be anything wrong with someone using something of yours on any clean part of their body but that sounds a lot like how elementary physics textbooks assume every object is a frictionless sphere in a vacuum. In this case instead of frictionless spheres you have a butthole.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Going back to the 3DS post a bit, is it possible this is a generational or class thing? Younger people and especially younger people from families of means might be used to getting new electronics all the time because a new Samsung came out this year or you dropped your old one or whatever, so each individual one doesn’t have much significance attached to it, but if you’re a little older and you grew up saving your allowance for a year to get a Game Boy then each piece of plastic and circuitry can take on much more emotional weight.

Barudak posted:

As a sommelier, may I point out to sirs and madams that while colloquially MD 20/20 is referred to as "Mad Dog" the MD is for Mogen David. If you would like I can provide a small flight sampler to pick which of their flavors are most to your liking.

Holy poo poo what??? How did I not know this?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Refreshingly, this is a case where the chocolate is actually not for the children.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

I have a tolerable relationship with my mother. She doesn’t have a history of making good choices, and the short version of the long story of my childhood is that she did not protect me from physical abuse.

Currently, I see her a few times a year because I live halfway across the country. A few years ago she started dating someone. I found out after the fact that she had gotten married. I have never met this man. I have attempted multiple times, but there’s always some excuse or weird avoidance tactic. Once, he dropped her off several blocks from my house, and she walked the rest of the way with her suitcase rather than him driving up to my door.

My problem is now I have a child. My mother wants to be involved in my child’s life, including things like overnight visits and vacations spent at Grandma’s. I do not feel comfortable with my child spending time in her home with this man I’ve never met. I would prefer the opportunity to meet him for the first time without my child present but so far, no luck.

I’ve spoken directly to her about how strange it is that my child has a grandparent that I’ve never met and that we should rectify this before my child is old enough to ask who the man is in the picture with Granny. Her response is that I’ll meet him eventually.

It’s been nearly five years already, and I haven’t been successful in meeting him. Short of showing up unannounced, I’m not sure how to force the issue. Am I overreacting? I don’t want to punish my mother by limiting her access to my child unless it’s in my home, but I don’t see another option.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

therobit posted:

100% chance the new husband has done time, 50% chance it was for a sex crime against a child.

What I can’t get is, even if it’s that, why not just not mention it? The dude wouldn’t have PEDO tattooed on his forehead. Just introduce him and don’t talk about it!

Unless it’s someone the letter writer would recognize immediately :smith:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Palemdromes posted:

Okay, I didn't want to do this but here's the situation: their child escaped their house and entered a nearby dentist's office and was detained until I found them. No harm came to them and it was their fault for not locking the door when the left. What is a reasonable amount of time to be angry at someone for something that you are partially responsible for?

Are you the parent, the person who was watching the child, the dentist, or the child themselves?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LabyaMynora posted:

20% chance the new husband is actually a new wife and mom is extremely closeted with regards to her daughter.

That occurred to me too, or maybe like the mom has been racist her whole life but fell in love with and married a black guy and is super embarrassed about it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

i didn't read that one carefully but if it's possible that the mom re-married the dad that's my bet

but again I didn't read it very well so maybe dads dead?

You had the same reaction I did, I think that’s the safest bet. She’s remarried the guy who abused her daughter and convinced everyone else in the family to keep the daughter in the dark about it. It’s hosed up but it’s the thing that makes the most sense to me.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Yeah. Should I have posted a link? Sorry.

Those Slate columns do get updates sometimes but there’s no guarantee.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
That other story about the fake chocolate allergy and the campus stalking is wild as gently caress though

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Moon Atari posted:

Even if he actually has money dating Elon Musk is a bad romantic decision, let alone trying to support the broke version.

Even if his poo poo actually takes off he’s just liable to pull a Steve Jobs and screw her (and his daughter for good measure) out of seeing a dime of the money he makes.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

therobit posted:

Parenting fail #1: Allowing a baby to drink Pepsi. WTF?

Parenting fail #2: Leaving an alcoholic drink where the baby can reach it.

Sorry, but I think your parents were pretty negligent.

Uh, more importantly, leaving a glass where the baby can reach it. :wtc: that could have gone extremely badly

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Leon Einstein posted:

She's a weirdo, but why do so many people talk about how they had sex with other people? Some people may find it hot, but most people are weird about it.

Also, I don't know why so many guys think anal is some holy grail.

There’s a middle ground here between finding it hot and being disgusted by it where it’s just a thing that happened and you don’t care that much

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Gonna start imagining Pick as Julian from Trailer Park Boys

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pirate Radar posted:

Gonna start imagining Pick as Julian from Trailer Park Boys

I want to make it clear that this is a compliment

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Dear Prudence, I’m Living in a Meme:

quote:

Dear Prudence,
My partner and I are both in our late 30s and have been together for a few years. I’m uncomfortable with the way he looks at attractive women when we’re together, and it makes me wonder just how overt he is when I’m not with him. He looks like a little boy on Christmas morning when a pretty girl walks by. But how do I gauge whether I’m just being sensitive and silly and expecting a man to not look at women he finds attractive? When I mention my discomfort, he points out that men tend to look at me too. But I feel like I go numb and pretend it isn’t happening when he smiles at other girls and they seem to be affected by him. It’s confusing because I feel like it falls under the “boys will be boys” way of thinking, and I’m tired of buying into that as an excuse for rude behavior in adult men.
—Just Looking

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

ArbitraryC posted:

Is there a reason people itt post dear prudence questions without the answers? I've never seen an article where both weren't included.

Just speaking for myself, I do it because I find the answers themselves to be clear-headed, reasonable, good advice, and this isn’t the thread to read about people being clear-headed and reasonable. I’d happily start doing it if people preferred it, though.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

ArbitraryC posted:

Can't speak for everyone but my first response is "what was the response" and I google it while being mildly annoyed it wasn't included.

Didn't really mean to call you out directly I've just noticed it's a thing and can't really wrap my head around why people do it.

Meh, no worries. Like I said I can start doing it.

SirSamVimes posted:

Is it okay if I'm like this, full head swivel and all but for cute dogs instead of attractive people?

I do this too, but so does my girlfriend so it works.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Leon Einstein posted:

Guys not finishing really seems to mess women up in the head. I've heard lots is women complain and break up with guys over this when it is clearly an issue with the guy, not them.

How do you mean? In my own experience I've found this to have to do with people's gendered expectations about the "roles" in the relationship--if a woman has trouble finishing then a lot of people (not everybody, naturally, but a lot of people) will lay it on the guy she's with for not doing enough (and this is often warranted) but if a guy has trouble finishing then it's also assumed to be his fault, which I think is a symptom of our patriarchal idea of what sex is like (men are constantly ejaculating horndogs).

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
This is a weird deja vu conversation because I was also talking about the Duck family tree with goons IRL today.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
also tag yourself I'm Dirty Dingus McDuck

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
horse balls though

I mean it really does look great, the first two also ruled so I'll probably pick it up when it hits PCs.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

Omg sooo many chicks with short hair, big round spectacles & black turtle necks doing and odd mixture of seething anger while still patting themselves on the back for clearing up whether a woman was raped or not.

What?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Q: Why didn't you call out through the door? A: Our front door is a solid oak slab surrounded by equally solid stone walls, there's no window or pane of thinner material that lets sound carry. I could scream bloody murder and no one outside would hear it.

I’m gonna need a lovely MSPaint drawing to illustrate this poorly-engineered loving castle fortification of a house that doesn’t let you see who’s on the other side of the door without opening it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What if he doesn’t have his cock out but it’s the racist person of short stature from In Bruges?

E: I went and checked and updated with the way that guy prefers to be described

Pirate Radar fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 31, 2018

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I don’t think it’s funny that he’s a little person, I don’t think it’s funny (per se) that he got kicked, but I do think it’s funny that that top commenter read “masturbating little person somewhere in the UK” and was immediately able to be like “Oh, you met Davie!”

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

La Brea Carpet posted:

I [32F] Suspect My Best Friend Of Drugging My Husband [35M] Over an Argument

Hm yeah your friend managed to have a small amount of drugs on her that just happen to kick in in 10 minutes after drinking and exactly mirror a breakdown by your husband.

:thinkface:

Yeah because she planned the whole thing because she’s in love with the OP, it’s gonna be a great movie in ten years after Sara kills them both and makes them into chairs

BloodRed posted:

Pick turns another man insane

Let’s be fair, it’s 2018, women can have big dick energy too

bell jar posted:

more like big pick energy

:hmmyes:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The husband claims there’s no sex happening and no money changing hands and that his friend is a straight sex worker anyway... so why even mention that he’s a sex worker? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

incredible flesh posted:

after two women have sex they hunt down a male and dismember him together. you might be one of those and die without the sex, but ok i'll sign you up for the next astral tour of my planet

for exactly this reason I’m having “lol nice” tattooed on my bones

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There are some places where that would be okay

I guess

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If she agrees to this he’s probably not going to appreciate her as much as he should

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I hate to get autistic about the bra thing but I can definitely see why a woman would get uncomfortable with a) learning that her boyfriend still has something of his ex’s, especially lingerie, and b) being asked if she wants said intimate item. Even if logically he just forgot he had it and there’s nothing weird about him keeping it she might still feel strange about it. Personally if it was me in the banana hammock scenario I’d wear the hand-me-down banana hammock (after washing it, obviously) but other people wouldn’t and that’s fine.

Now this loving Jane/Mary story is loving wild, gotta feel bad for everyone except the husband here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I bet this is one of those cases that makes the legal department take a minute to stare at the facts and sigh