Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

Working in mental health, it is incredibly frustrating how many bipolars are absolutely convinced that weed is the best thing for them. It is always manic white dudes in their 20s to 30s, and they're usually entitled little shits even before they have an episode.

I'm glad you're managing your condition well and I hope he is out of your life soon.

This explains a lot about an old coworker of mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

Malkof posted:

Free poo poo really scrambles people's minds.

My dad passed last August- he was huge into fly fishing and fly tying and had two room's worth of fly tying stuff.

Two of his dearest fly fishing buddies- Joe and Connor, didn't really like each other, and each specifically dragged my grieving mother into how much of my dad's stuff she had "allowed" the other to take.

Swear to god I have never been so goddamned mad in my entire life as when she told me that Connor came into the house and bitched at my grieving widowed mother that she shouldn't have allowed Joe to take whatever the balls it was that he took (we're talking maybe a couple drawers worth of feathers and hooks here, not like fuckin cut diamonds or some poo poo). Wanted to jump in the car and make a 5+ hour drive so bad just to drag Connor's rear end out of his bed in the middle of the night and fight the gently caress out of him on his lawn for that poo poo.

Also I have zero goddamned sympathy for anyone wanting grandma's furniture that she left to grandkid. My mother has taken care of my grandma's furniture her entire life because my mom's sister and brother "cannot stand the though of selling mom's furniture" and yet have zero interest in keeping it in their own homes.

If mom dies without having gotten rid of it I'll have a bonfire in her front yard in her honor.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bonzo posted:

My [36f] son [15M] threw and stomped on a xbox game he got for christmas because it was not the one he wanted. My husband wants to let it go

I think the best response to that is "sucks to suck; now you don't have any presents!"

Although at some point that's standard rear end in a top hat teenager behavior and you just have to roll with it because if you dig in your heels and go ballistic they will double down and be even more lovely.

Moral of the story is those childfree assholes are totally on to something.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
My old company's Christmas party always has booze and generally everyone behaves themselves. I have been to functions on the CEOs yacht before, however, and for whatever reason those always bring out the drunken assholes.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

One story about interns banding together to request a change in a company's dress code was met with shock and aplomb as though they had asked to be allowed to have a blood orgy in the lobby.

That's because the interns kept asking even after being politely told no.That full story went "interns in a conservative office think they should be allowed to wear whatever they want, one intern asks their boss, boss says no, intern then bands together all the interns in some sort of weird coup attempt which obviously goes south". The interns were so amazingly, completely off base with their request and their response to being told "no, this is a conservative field and business wear is absolutely the dress code of any office in this field" being basically a tantrum is absolutely something that should be made fun of.

I've read every single AAM post since the beginning and I absolutely would not call her employer friendly. She's all for employee rights and standing up for yourself in an office.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, news flash: when you're hydrated, you have to pee a lot.

God that guy sounds like an rear end in a top hat. I have to pee a lot but no ones ever given me poo poo for it WTF.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

This is second life, isn't it? Has to be. Has to be.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't really have pity for these idiots that marry someone 15 years older than them and then complain they're at different stages in life.

Yeah seriously what the gently caress did you think was gonna happen????

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Khorne posted:

Who the gently caress takes 3 weeks off for a death?

Close family dies + family living far away + executor of the estate. Can be a total clusterfuck if you throw in dramatic family members, too.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
Jesus Christ people will white knight anything. It's HIS KIDNEY. He can choose to keep it if he wants to. We can argue forever if it's selfish or not, but at the end of the day it's HIS KIDNEY.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bubblyblubber posted:

the correct power play in that situation is to eat Nutella straight from the jar with an identical spoon, never once breaking eye contact.

My [28F] husband [36M] passed away, and now his "best friend" [33F] is trying to control his services

Jonah dodged a bullet there. Had to die to do it, but still.

Ok are we gonna just skip over this? Because holy loving poo poo the ABSOLUTE GALL of that woman!

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Don't date/marry people with vaginismus

...who refuse to get treatment for it and are happy to just ignore it. I think that's the really important bit in the story.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Catalina posted:

(even more lol worthy that it was "my wife told me" not "the doctor told us")

I missed this in the first reading. That woman wanted another baby and was too afraid to tell her husband that she wanted another baby so she lied about being infertile.

And yeah, that family is gonna implode, doubly so if the baby has a genetic disorder- 1 in 100 chance of Downs at age 40 and 1 in 10 chance at age 49.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

COMRADES posted:

HURR DURRR DID DRUGS IN SINGAPORE

LOL

Wow that is some next level stupid. I think we have a condenser for week's dumbest rear end in a top hat.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

don't date food weirds pt. XXXVI

That sounds beyond just food weird into the territory of narcissistic and overbearing. Especially the bit about making any food related anything ALL ABOUT MEEEEEE. I'm curious if this dude has any more poo poo like this in that relationship.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
Pro tip: pretty sure it's 0% about the body hair and 100% projection of some other completely unrelated issue.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo that guy needs to tell his brother to get hosed. And talking about cost per guest or seating arrangements or whatever the gently caress else is absolutely dog whistle homophobia.

And the whole "pass for straight" thing? Yeah, time to re-think your relationship with your brother.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Admiral Ray posted:

Nah, the brother getting married is being a huge fuckhead about this. When you plan a wedding, and want your immediate family to come, you make arrangements for their SO's. Yeah there's one extra, but big deal, they can fit, don't invite someone else. Put them on the top table because there'll be drama at some point and might as well get it over with right now, plus it'd be a great story.

But but but they're gayyyyyyyyy and his brides parents might get pearl clutchy at that!

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
I sort of get their concern because T1 diabetes is a bitch and a loving half to self-regulate and absolutely leads to secondary health concerns but at the same time, who in the gently caress gives a gently caress other than the person with diabetes and perhaps the person they're marrying.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ok why the gently caress are we not talking about no brushing guy? Because EWWWWWWWWWWWW forever and also :whoptc:

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ham Sandwiches posted:

If you didn't like it why not say something at the time or right after be like "Yeah thats cool but I get fatal attraction vibes"

but imagine carrying that poo poo around like "Maybe I was a semi victim because this girl could see I was into her and was proactive and I totally liked it and now she tells people about it"

2017 is a hell of a year

Pretty sure by 2017 we should all understand that being hellah loving drunk is a vulnerable state and taking advantage of someone while they’re in that state, even if it’s something that they’d probably be on board with when 100% sober, is Not OK. “Taking advantage of” here can be anything from “have sex with” to “convince to quit their job” to “convince to eat that entire pizza because it’d be funny”.

Errybody in here hates the “It was just a prank bro!” bullshit; this is exactly like pulling a prank on someone except instead of deceitful intent you just hit em up when they’re too drunk to comprehend what’s going on.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
I feel like a lot of people on this Earth would be a lot fuckin happier if they'd realize "BUT BUT BUT FAAAAAAAMMMMMIIIIIILLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY" is not a good reason to continue associating with assholes/ crazy people.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blade Runner posted:

Being annoyed by someone you live with is bad, but if these are the worst examples she can come up with "HE YAWNS TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" then she is crazy and fundamentally unable to live with anyone

I don’t think she’s crazy I just think she’s entered into “yeah I actually can’t stand this person” and it’s coming out over dumb poo poo like yawning.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
I wonder if sperglords like that even know what a Christian holiday celebration looks like? Because a Holiday potluck at work sure as poo poo doesn’t involve prayers, candles, or crosses and getting butthurt about it is some serious ah blooeyblooeybloo tumblr bullshit, and I say this as a staunch anti-religious person in general and someone who (secularly) celebrates the solstice in specific.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
Y’all are missing the point that she DIDN’T CASH THE CHECK. So the formerly rich bad with money mom had zero reason to blame anything on her friend that loaned her money. And maybe if bad with money mom hadn’t continued to be bad with money even after having an “oh poo poo, being bad with money now means I might lose my 1%-er lifestyle” then the hosed up situation could have been avoided entirely.

Bad with money mom sounds like she was grieving, in shock, and lashed out at her friend instead of realizing that it was her own lovely financial habits that put her daughter in a lovely situation in the first place.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Yeah, I don't really understand the reluctance to engage in platonic physical intimacy with your partner who you allegedly care about and enjoy feeling close to. What is wrong with that?

Uh, cause getting tuck tucked in nite nite with story stories and a warm glass of milk is the absolute opposite of adult? Platonic physical intimacy in an adult relationship is just cuddling in bed, lots of hugs throughout the day, hand holding, etc. Not this weird rear end adult baby poo poo.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Theophany posted:

Everybody knows the correct and mature way to propose to your partner is to make a Powerpoint deck that outlines the numerous tax benefits that come with being a married couple.

e: lol, proposal idiot and this one should probably trade partners.

I'm [30F] tired of waiting for my bf [30M] of 14 yrs to propose.

Oh 👏🏻 my 👏🏻 god

JUST PROPOSE TO HIM YOU IDIOT!

“Big Southern family.....”

Oh. Well then enjoy wallowing in passive aggressive misery while you wait for your lazy rear end boyfriend to finally propose after FOURTEEN GODDAMNED YEARS. Jesus, poo poo or get off the pot already....

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bored posted:

Here's a li'l secret. We don't actually care that much about dick size. If a dude tells us that it is 8 inches, we will believe them because we don't know any better.

Pretty much. It’s not like I have a ruler in my back pocket and whip it out before coitus to double check.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

La Brea Carpet posted:

GF [20F] accuses [22M] me of being cheap with her because I didn't want to buy her a $50 tub of jelly beans.

Kanye West and Jamie Foxx have a song about this.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

new phone who dis posted:

I feel like I may have been traumatized into this position.

Her: *holds up 3 almost identically shaded swatches* Which color of tan do you think would be best for the bathroom?

Me: *chooses one randomly*

Her: Oh my God! Really? I thought that was the ugliest one! Well, we're going to go with the one I picked but jeez I can't believe you picked that one!

Me: *Spends rest of day trying to determine if there's actually a difference between them or if I'm being Punk'd*

My husband and I have been together *checks watch* 14 years and I feel like we transcended to another phase of our relationship a few months ago when we had a color consultation before we got the house painted. It took an hour and a half, 20 minutes (combined) of that time was the consultant looking for the right swatchbook, and we would have been done in under an hour except at some point we both realized we weren't 100% happy with the color for the bedroom. It took another 15 minutes to fix that. It was so unlike any other experience I'd ever heard of any other couple having it reaffirmed my conclusion that I absolutely married the right guy.

I blame all of the home decorating sites like Apartment Therapy and also stuff like Pinterest with way the hell underselling how loving hard it is to make a house look good, and that's a house that's ALREADY BUILT. If I was laying out cash money to have a house built to my spec? drat straight I'd sit down with a bullet point list of dos and don'ts and then walk the gently caress away and be surprised with the result. There's a reason people go to school for that poo poo.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
Shoo, shoo, gains goblin!!!!

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

E: also, considering she left when the younger child was two months old, I’m wondering if she had severe unchecked PPD or something.

Yeah that's just downright bizarre behavior. Reminds me a bit of "A Doll's House".

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah there is a Grand Canyon of difference between “yeah I love everything about you and want to marry you and be with you for the rest of my life and after a lot of drunken peer pressure from friends sure your dick isn’t quite as big as my ex’s” and “break up”.

Yeah it’s hard to hear and unflattering and is a nut punch right at the center of man’s main insecurity but it’s also only as big of a deal as this dudes ego wants to make it. Flip the genders, have the guy admit that sure his ex’s boobs were bigger than his fiancée’s and it’d be the exact same situation.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

girl pants posted:

thanks dude, it was good to revisit how much I hate this guy

edit: argh i just googled him and on his website he calls himself a "new paradigm media activist" ahghhjwhgkfjjaldfjs

Oh my god I had never read this! Peak r/relationships right here

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

Her siblings are total fucknuts.

Yeah holy poo poo. Instead of realizing how much of a horror show it is that mom is literally losing her mind they're making fun of their older sister. :murder: is too good for them.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Scathach posted:

Holy poo poo. That's a "shut your trap, get written proof, and sue like mad" situation if I ever heard one.

E: also what kind of a oval office reports someone for feminine hygiene products when they are also a woman and also have a period? What the gently caress. Infuriating if real.

In the comments, Ask A Manager said they had emailed back and forth with the OP and it turns out that the woman who saw the maxi pads is a trans woman, and the thought is that HR is going overboard with the "protected class" stuff.

Still wayyyy the gently caress lovely.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Darkhold posted:

My wife has been reading some advice column called Captain Awkward.

Captain Awkward is loving amazing, firstly because some of the people who write in have crazy trainwrecks of a life and secondly because she gives some goddamned amazing advice.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo those parents are assssshhhhoooolllleeeessss and they know exactly what they are doing.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

fruit on the bottom posted:

I [19F] need some advice on dealing with my face

It’s because they know you’re not giving nice guys a chance.

NEXT!

Oh god I worked with a woman like this. There’s layers and layers and layers to why everyone found her supremely obnoxious, ranging from how vain she was to how obsessed with appearing “perfect” she was to how she made literally every other woman in her zip code look frumpy by comparison to the fact she’d happily throw you under the bus the instant she thought it’d make her look good. It was 10% jealousy and 90% “omg this vapid rear end in a top hat again.” She’s currently working for Big Tech Company in silicone valley and carries around a tripod and a drone to take pics of herself with for her Instagram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

Emotionally stunted bf [25m] with borderline mom, and now he’s sexually attracted to his therapist

You ever notice how people with a ton of drama in their own lives apparently are a magnet for other people with an equal amount of drama, and then they’re always like “how could this have possibly ended up like this help me Reddit what do I do?!?!?”

How about start by getting your own poo poo straight before you try to drag someone else down with you?