Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I was looking that up and I love how even though they chose the question to put on the page, they still completely sidestep the crux of the question. They answer that private businesses can accept whatever they want for goods and services, but don't say if they are also free to restrict what they accept for debts (like say a credit card or utility bill) nor does it answer what governmental agencies are allowed or not allowed to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

quote:

he was was homeschooled (so can't go to school) by my mom
There's so much hosed up in that whole story, but I think this might be the worst part. He was being homeschooled by a crazy person, so not only does this kid have nothing going for him in his personal life, he almost certainly has no friends and a terrible education. How do you not try to enroll him school?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

tactlessbastard posted:

Edit: YOUR HUSBAND IS MOLESTING YOUR DAUGHTER CALL THE POLICE JFC
Not yet he isn't, that's what Game of Thrones is for.

It's weird that the thing she's most worried about is an apparently innocuous costume when she should be worried about literally everything else she posted.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

La Brea Carpet posted:

Me [26F] with my best friend [27F] I just got engaged and wanted to share the news and all she said was "Relationships are trash."
That's really rude, but we've got a whole thread here that says she's right.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

quote:

When we started dating "officially" - we decided that it would be a good idea for the kids to get used to us as "mom/dad's friend" before we told them the truth. So, we hung out individually with each other's kids, and as a "family" as well. Eventually we broke the news to them, and there were no objections.
The fact that she thinks a 14 year old and 16 year old were fooled by "mom/dad's friend" says she has a really hard time seeing them as anything other than little kids. She was never the new mommy to an 18-year old she thinks she was.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

fruit on the bottom posted:

Another chapter in the Winston Churchill saga

Me [27F] with my SO[44 M] together 5 years, SO gets serially obsessed and won't stop talking AT me about said obsessions. Help!

quote:

He got really pissed and said I had no interest in what he has to say and is going on in his life. I told him that I am VERY interested in his life, but that he won't talk to me about that because it's boring. I would much rather hear about what HE did today than about what some russian dude I don't know did 500 years ago. He then said that talking about our daily life is boring and that everything I talk about is boring too..
People like this are the worst, Aspergers or not.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

He's not showering, he's using the shower as a bidet. Which really wouldn't be an issue if he wiped before and ran the water a few seconds longer to get rid of the poop residue.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Pick posted:

It's important for every person to go through some suffering so that when another person is suffering they can be like "Oh that emotion!! I recognize that, I have experienced it. It feels bad. worse, they should quit whining and deal with it"
Fixed to more accurately reflect how people without empathy will actually process that "relatability"

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Salty Josh posted:

I(15/F) am stuck in a unhappy relationship.(15/M)Relationships
33 points 49 comments submitted 2 years ago by idontknowanymore___ to r/relationships

That guy sounds like a huge piece of poo poo. The eating disorders is a sign of low self-esteem as it is.
Normally maybe, but here I'd say the eating disorders are a sign of abuse and neglect by her family who uses food as a tool of abuse.

quote:

my aunt used to lock me in cages for days, not feeding me.

I'm not allowed to date and come from a bad household to where if I told my mom what is happening, id be beaten for being a whore and probably not fed.
She should probably get the boyfriend to murder her family and then get him sent to jail to be free of all of them.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Milotic posted:

I wonder which religion / sect? Deleted, but google AMP pages cache it still, haha.

My (24F) dad (55M) suddenly became religious after his mom's death and is potentially going to ruin our family. Help.
Eastern Orthodox Christians
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40th_Day_after_death

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Milotic posted:

I guess public school is really bad in the US:

My (45F) son (23M) invited my ex-best friend (44F) who blames me for her daughter's suicide to his wedding
We were not on speaking terms at this point, but she had her lawyer send me a check for the full amount I loaned her plus a considerable amount of "interest." I never reached out to her about it. At this point I had decided to wash my hands of the whole thing. I never even cashed the check, I guess out of spite.
The best part of this is that it's quite likely that money is sitting in a lawyer's escrow account and not doing anybody any good and "Bad with Money" friend likely doesn't even know it wasn't cashed so her bizarro moral superiority is known only to her and the lawyer.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Pick posted:

What if they get divorced, as is common in couples of all stripes? Do people have no connections beyond blood? Greaaaattt
What if they get divorced? Legally the child will be the responsibility of both women regardless of whose sperm they used and who carries the baby. The possibility of divorce has absolutely zero relevance on who the sperm donor could or should be.

The only issue that could arise vs another donor is if sister and donor brother have a falling out, but that has legal remedies and if they've fallen out then bringing the legal system into the matter isn't going to make things worse besides the financial hit which shouldn't be significant if they're already spending a big chunk of change going through a clinic that makes sure all the paperwork is in order. I'd trust adult siblings who've known each other their whole lives to be able to make the judgement call as to whether the small chance of a falling out is a risk worth taking for the emotional benefit of doing the donation this way.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

tactlessbastard posted:

They want you gone, sorry to say.

I too had the misfortune of going to high school with a bunch of frigid white wimmen and not nearly enough slutty minorities
You cut off the important part "while he was neither", it's not hard to imagine a white religious people in the US not being very accepting of a non-white person, especially when it comes to personal relationships. It's unfortunate that racism growing up turned him into a sexist rear end in a top hat, which is going to reinforce his persecution complex when this lady dumps him.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Admiral Ray posted:

They are trying to conceive because they think it'll bring the love back into their marriage. It won't, the love was never there. :sever: from your brother but first sign him up to reddit so he can chronicle his future of hell for the edification of all.
They are trying to conceive so she can say she quit her job because she wanted to be a stay at home mom and not because writing on a blackboard is too much strain on her clogged heart.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Can anybody give us a ballpark on how 'Caoihme' is pronounced? I'm not knocking the name, I'm not sure how it would be said. Would it be like 'Cammy'?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caoimhe
It's pretty normal for non-English names to have different vowel pronunciations and consequently be butchered, but when even the consonants have different pronunciations it's legitimate to be concerned for the kid stuck with that name. There's not a single non-Irish person who will come anywhere close to pronouncing that correctly. I think her concerns are legitimate, but if that's the name they go with that mother had better never say something negative about it once she's born.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

La Brea Carpet posted:

Me [24 F] and my picky eater husband[25 M] have recently gotten bad news from the doctor (more him than me) and it looks like we need to eat healthy and exercise but its a fight every step of the way :/ HELP

Did you find at least two buried ledes? I did.
1) Kid eats better.
2) Picky eater manages a restaurant
3) Instead of trying to get him to eat less garbage she's complaining that he doesn't eat different garbage. His not eating condiments, casseroles, cheese, bread and mustard are not what's making him unhealthy.
4) 20-24 beers a week!

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I looked in the quotes. This gal seems interesting

3 miles takes me almost 20 minutes to drive on my work commute.
She drives at 9 miles per hour? I don't think she even knows how far 3 miles is. Maybe that 20 minutes includes the 3 minutes to walk from the front door to the car and 10 minutes from her parking spot to wherever she works?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Fair enough. I walk 3 miles to work so while I'm aware of heavy traffic I don't really think of how much impact it can have on such a short commute. Still seems a weird comparison to make but not surprising given the flimsiness of all her other arguments.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Beachcomber posted:

I guess she would have a certain protection from Facebook stalking.
The facebook stalkers are the ones who would find out how to spell it, and guess what, no one else has that name so it's super easy to find her.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Mom has credit in my name HELP

UPDATE: Mom has credit in my name HELP

I don’t think Dad is going to be super helpful.

Advice - "didn't see it"
I don't know, it sounds like dad has the potential to be very helpful in getting rid of both her parents in one fell swoop. Not in any constructive way, though.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

blarzgh posted:

Doing the right thing for its own sake, and not for appreciation or reward, is good.
The question is whether annoying an old lady who slams the door in your face because you feel the need to do a daily "safety check" is doing the right thing. Going once a week might be the right thing, but every day isn't.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (22F) sister’s (27F) husband (28M) came into my bedroom last night and something strange happened
I feel like this same story was posted a while ago from the other sister's perspective.

Edit: This one.

LethalGeek posted:

:stare:

My sister [25F] has accused my husband [36M] of one year dated for four, of being inappropriate with her and I [25F] know she's lying, been sisters since age 6

The ages don't match but still similar.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 18, 2017

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Werong Bustope posted:

My[33M] daughter [11F] just blew up at me and told me she doesn't want to come to visit me anymore

I usually just post ones I think are funny or absurd but jesus christ, the ability of some people to have all the pieces right there and be somehow unable to finish the jigsaw :cripes:
Sometimes you see what the completed puzzle looks like and it horrifies you, so you prefer to just pretend you can't finish it rather than finish it and actually deal with what's in front of you.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

He seems kind of an rear end, especially getting grumpy at loaning her $100 or $200, but it seems like there's more going on there with "For years he would give me a lot of gifts. Then, about two years ago, it stopped." Also, who overnight fedexes a $10 gift?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

sabbathi posted:

this reads like a control thing, literally nobody gives a poo poo about any of that. the "says a lot about you" portion is super loving ugly
It could be or she's just unaware of how obsessed she is with this stuff. She says she's not obsessed and it's just an interest and doesn't dictate her life in the same way an alcoholic says it's just a few drinks and not a big deal.

quote:

I binge watch Crime Watch
I spent hours on TruTv’s crime library
It’s just an interest...idk. Just stuff I like to look at on my free time? I guess these interests inspired my career path of psychiatry
I was trying to get him to watch an episode of Crime Watch with me. He pauses it halfway and says, “Why am I watching this?” And I just respond with, “Idk, look how much of a sociopath this guy is. It’s crazy!”
I get the sense she spends the average 5 hours a day watching these shows and the rest of the day talking about how crazy these people and situations are.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Anne Whateley posted:

It turns out what baby boomers got isn't the same as what millennials get, though. Your parents or grandparents could've had HS diplomas and worked at factories and still raised a family just fine, not so much anymore.

I think this part goes a long way
If your primary fear is being poor again then fiscal prudence combined with a stable job are much better ways of allaying that fear than a flashy higher paying job. The fact that the economy is changing puts a premium on job sectors that are more resistant to automation and not prone to the whims of consumer demands. Primary school teacher isn't the gold standard there, but it's well towards the stable side of things. Plus, she has the high paying job so unless he's trying to live above his means his having a very stable but not well paying job isn't hurting any. It sounds like her actual concern, what she keeps coming back to in the rest of the post, is that she makes more money and doesn't like the fiscal imbalance in their relationship, whether because of actual legitimate concerns about his behaviour that she isn't writing about or because of ingrained gender role ideals or because of broader life goals than "not falling back into poverty."

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

tl;dr: We were having a great time at New Year's.
How can someone write all that and then offer this as a summary? There are at least 4 fights in one evening before she fell. They both sound miserable.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

girl pants posted:

Bro she literally said in the post that she was a camgirl who stopped camming when it was bothering her boyfriend and her boyfriend said she was meeting up with people to have sex with them against his wishes. That isn't 'semantic hoops', that's straight up lying on his part. And nobody said it wasn't sex work so I don't know why you're arguing that at all
The boyfriend is a jerk who's insecure and was bothered by her camming even more than he let on. He exaggerated trying to get sketchy sex. She should focus on her boyfriend trying to cheat on her and being a giant baby and rear end in a top hat on a number of issues and not write:

quote:

Forth, I have never traded sex for money. How ludicrous!!
As if the fact that he lied to a stranger about the nature of her sex work is somehow the straw that broke the dead camel's back.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (32f) husband (30m) (6 years) has suddenly become unhappy and even bitter with my job. He thinks I lack "ambition."

A 30 year old dude in STEM using the phrase "normies" reeks of new alt-right or MRA type influences. I'm sorry the only thing you can do is send him out back for the Ol' Yeller special.
The great thing about this story is that the answer to her question "Is there a problem here that I am just not seeing?" is a resounding and obvious YES, but there's not enough information for anyone to really know what the issue is. There are, however, plenty of details for people to go off on their own tangents projecting their pet peeves about lazy housewives, MRA stemlords, and financial imbalances in relationships. I'm going to take a different tack and focus on:

quote:

For the past 2 years, I've worked at a Catholic Church. As I grew with the community, got more involved, and made friends and became a part of a real time, it became more than just a way to pay the bills.
my husband and I are both atheists and have never had any connection with any kind of religious organization. But while we're both atheists, neither of us are the um... over the top kind of atheist, if you know what I mean. Other people being religious doesn't bother me, in fact I honestly admire religious traditions and enjoy participating in what I can.
"Oh, she couldn't attend this family event because (excessive quotation marks) """the church needs me""" and """the charity service needs more manpower""""

(He was referring to a point in time at which there was a small family event in a nearby town I couldn't attend because I had to work an event at the church. It was one event. It was an athletic meet for his cousin. Not exactly something important. I've been to plenty of them in the past.)
Maybe this has nothing to do with money or ambition and more to do with her job specifically being with a church and her increasingly treating it as not just a job but a community she feels a part of and is willing to sacrifice her family for. Maybe she's increasingly talking about how great her catholic charity is and it's getting to be really annoying to him as an atheist who thought he married someone who was also an atheist but he feels is drifting towards religion.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

girl pants posted:

If he feels that way he should say it instead of UGH MY WIFE THAT LAZY BITCH or whatever
He did in his own passive aggressive way: "Oh, she couldn't attend this family event because (excessive quotation marks) """the church needs me""" and """the charity service needs more manpower"""" is absolutely whining about how she's putting the church above family and in fact implies that he doesn't think she's lazy. There's actually very little of his words in the post beyond individual words she picked out that bothered her recontextualized by her.

boner confessor posted:

maybe but that's pretty healthy, any well adjusted atheist would agree there can be positive sides to religion, such as community and a sense of purpose. my city has an existentialist church, a specifically non-denominational offshoot of the unitarians who are practically atheists already

if the husband is so wigged out over his wife's job at a religious organization that he's going to start sniping at her resentfully because she lost her atheist way or whatever, that's super not healthy
There's a difference between "yeah I guess religious organizations can do good," "religious organizations can do good and I'm going to work at one" and "this religious organization I'm working at is the bestest and I'm doing so much great work here." They both agree on the first, she started off on the second and is drifting towards the latter (it's not clear where she currently is on the spectrum or how that manifests itself in daily life)

In any case the husband is absolutely terrible at communicating his actual concerns, whether they're about religion, her time, her etsy "job", how much money she makes, her ambition, his own job dissatisfaction, or some other unstated issue she decided not to write about. I'm not defending him here because I have no idea what his problem is or how exactly he's expressing it or how justified he is in his concern. Just pointing out he may be a different kind of insecure idiot than the money is what matters kind of idiot. The solution regardless is for both of them to sit down, communicate, listen and find a way to address both of their concerns whatever they may be.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Rubellavator posted:

Even with the blackmail, those are some really cold people. Nothing between them will ever happen unless the parents want it to, best she can do is provide them a way to talk to her and move on.
Admittedly this all through her eyes, but

quote:

Biodad said he was so young when I was born, and he honestly never thought he’d see me again, that it feels unreal. I was shocked at how much I looked like him, I could literally be his twin. He was quiet through the whole thing, seemed much more preoccupied with how biomom’s was feeling/talking about them what I had to say.
this makes me think there's only one cold parent and one stuck in the middle deciding to side with his wife over daughter he never met.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

mind the walrus posted:

If this guy is as good as she says then he was slumming it with her. You don't get to 29 with 'just' a driving phobia keeping you back.
Yeah, it's all about how he's perfect for her and not a word about how good she is for him. And yeah, not driving is a hassle, but it's very much something you can work around if you're inclined, and it's much more annoying in terms of doing groceries or running errands than holding a job.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

only semi-related but did that high school kid who told his female friend that "she had no boobs like a boy" or whatever ever update, I remember posting about how I thought that dude was super oblivious and there could be another funny update in the future
In the comments it turns out he was intentionally oblivious because he was not interested in her in that way.

quote:

If what I did was make her feel unsexy then I don't know how I can really do that without seeming like I'm showing sexual interest.

I fear this whole thing is only such an issue because she has a crush on me, which gives me a whole other animal to deal with than hurt feelings from a harsh joke. I'm not going to date her so if I get her to think I find her sexy, then what?
However, it turns out he's actually a bit of a creep:

quote:

Commenter:Nah, it's way worse to insinuate that a man has no balls than a woman has small boobs in our society. And this is a woman with small boobs who felt plenty insecure about said boob speaking. She really shouldn't be dishing if she can't take it.

His Reply:
How small are they though? I just want to see if you're at a similar level to my friend.
Who offers bad advice to a guy with a crush on his female boss:

quote:

I disagree that it'll probably wear off. He should ask her politely if she'd consider a sexual relationship with him. It may lead to promotions down the road.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

But his biggest crime imo?
Yeah, but I couldn't tell if that was actual advice or mocking sarcastic advice.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

gently caress it.

(disturbing) UPDATE: My [28/F] smart, funny, charming boyfriend [30/M] has literally no friends.
I found the final update

quote:

First Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/3ke8m8/my_28f_smart_funny_charming_boyfriend_30m_has/

Second Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/3ksf9t/disturbing_update_my_28f_smart_funny_charming/

Sorry for taking so long to update. I have gotten a lot of messages asking me if I'm alright and if he hurt me when I confronted him.

I am physically fine

Thanks to /u/ki10_butt especially. I did ask the 'friend' for the ex girlfriend's contact info, and he gave it to me.

I told her almost the same thing that I told his friend, and asked whether she could confirm that or not.

She asked me for my number. I gave it to her, she called me and told me to GTFO of that relationship. She said that she's worried for my safety. Apparently he had cheated on her, and when she found out and confronted him, he beat her senseless and told her that, if she said anything, he'd kill her. She was afraid of him and told her coworkers and friends that she had a bad mountain biking accident.

I actually felt bad about confronting him after a 16 hour shift (I don't really know why, I guess I just didn't want to believe that any of what I've been told was true) but I had to do it for the peace of my mind. I had printed out the Facebook message prior to his arrival. He came home and I told him we had to talk. I know I always hated the 'we need to talk' speech, but he was totally calm. He just said 'Yeah, sure, whats up?'. I handed him the chat log. He skimmed over it (He didn't even read it. I saw him look at the names, smirk, then skim over the rest)., faked a smile and said

'If you take a stranger's word over mine, then that says a lot about the trust you have in me.'

I apologized (again, I was totally taken aback by his calm reaction) and asked him why anyone would make up such lies about him.

He shrugged and said 'Well, if I'm such a bad guy apparently, why am I not in jail yet?'

I literally didn't know what to say. I expected him to deny it like any sane person would, or to apologize and fall to his knees.

'You can choose to believe what these no-names say about me and get the gently caress out, or you can trust me, your future husband' (we had never talked about marriage, ever btw)

I hesitated for a few seconds, because I was so loving confused and scared at the same time.

I told him that I was gonna stay at my own place until all of this was sorted out. He shrugged and said that that was alright. I left and went to my place. Since then he has changed his number, changed the locks to his house (I have a key and tried to at least get some closure, I know, that was a bad idea), and every time I rang the door bell no one has answered.

I have no idea if anything that has been said about him is true, I don't know what the gently caress happened. We have had no contact since I confronted him. He was such a loving and gentle guy when I met him, but then poo poo just blew up in my face. It'll take a while to get over all of this, and to be honest, I can't make sense of this at all.

I did message the friend again and told him what happened, and he just told me 'Well, I told you so.' (roughly translated).

TL;DR: Apparently he abused his ex gf. He kicked me out of his house, changed his number and locks and now we're done. I am confused as gently caress.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Oh. That works too.

Where’d you find it?
Google search for the title. I guess there's a subreddit that archives popular posts and this one made it: https://www.reddit.com/r/longtail/comments/3mfn9w/44526885_final_update_my_28f_smart_funny_charming/

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Midnight Voyager posted:

There is nothing common about having literally zero friends and not wanting friendship in any capacity, no. There's an entire DSM-V disorder where that's the main feature. (Schizoid personality disorder)

Humans are social animals. They naturally want contact with others. It may express differently, but ZERO friends is not one of the normal ways that expresses, no.
This guy had a girlfriend and gets along with his family and coworkers, so even Dr. Sociopath has social interactions and the barebones of a social network.

I guess it depends on what having no friends means. What some people call friends others would call acquaintances. Also wanting and having are two different things and sometimes life experience and coping mechanisms lead you to stop wanting what you can't have.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Midnight Voyager posted:

He said, again, that he "sees no point" to having friends. He doesn't want the "obligation" of having to care about other humans. (like god, they tell you their problems and everything! That was a thing he pointed out, he doesn't want to be obligated to do anything with other people, like listen to their problems) That isn't... anything about what you said, really. That's Creepy. That's a human who I am not convinced cares about other humans.
Yeah, I agree about this guy. I thought the conversation had moved more generally to people who have no close friends since that's what Solefald was talking about. If your definition of literally no friends is strict then even this guy doesn't count. If your definition of no friends is loose enough to include this guy then I'd hesitate to say that his lack of friends is itself evidence of mental disorder, though perhaps a warning sign to delve deeper. His words and reactions on the other hand do point towards him having deeper mental issues.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

dudeness posted:

She literally said that she has put in college applications, why does she care what these people think at all?

Oh nooo i'm being demonized by a bunch of people i'll never see again and probably wont give a poo poo about any of this at a later date nooooo.
Putting in applications doesn't mean you're done school.

quote:

I know I only have 5 months left, but man do I not want to deal with this crap for 5 months.
5 months is a long time in high school. It'll probably blow over in a few days, but as far as high school hysterics go her concerns are understandable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well, that or something blanket-y like ‘beware Tuesdays’ and come Wednesday morning she reads something about a mugging that happened the night before vaguely near her.

Or ‘blue is unlucky’ then they later find out, like, their cousin’s friend had a blue car and died in a car accident.

What’s the term for like, analyzing things in order to make them match up to something you believe? It’s not self fulfilling prophecy, but self something, I think?
Confirmation bias. Things that match up with your expectations confirm what you thought and you ignore all the ones that don't.