Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I had a horrible day at work.

Like, my account was $80k under for the month on a topline annual revenue of $6mil. It's going to take all year to claw back.

I can't loving imagine a day at work like these people are having. It's not worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

For the record I am still worried about this. Snap polls have Hillary loosing as much as 30% of her support. That's probably very high, but it isn't a good implication.

Poll the thread for who pulled support since these "revelations"

That's as accurate as a snap poll.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

A goon just said on CogDis raidchat that he was at the first political debate and Chris Christie got stuck in a door way.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Armani posted:

You quoted it as your first post in this thread. :) Just click your name here in the quote:

E: holy Christ I am slow on updating tabs recently :psyduck:

Jesus christ this was some 50,000 posts ago.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

Please explain why to me. I want to believe you but I'm just so worried.

You were saying this poo poo 8 hours ago.

The election is already decided. Like how trump could murder someone and still get 35% of the vote, HRC could loving nuke the earth and still get 50% of whoever was left.

Go outside or something.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Holy gently caress you arzying fucks.

If you genuinely believe that this is going to dramatically swing the election, that you have been following for months through literally hundreds of thousands of posts and hundreds of dirt stories on trump and thousands of non stories on Clinton then i don't know what the gently caress.

Go phone bank and spend your energy on something productive: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/forms/volunteer/

Reacting to this poo poo with panic and discord is as irresponsible as the reporting on it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

speng31b posted:

You don't have to think it will dramatically swing the election to think it's lovely.

No it's clearly loving not what the gently caress is wrong with you. Individuals freaking out is not as irresponsible as national media reporting on it. gently caress you.

Now you're arzying over the thought of not having a legitimate reason to arzy.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

A Tasteful Nude posted:

My local news is going all in on this "new" e-mail thing. It's a "double-barreled, devastating october surprise" delivered via letter to "stunned members of congress."

"earlier today... President Obama.... HAD NO COMMENT *obama walks away as man screams IS SHE FIT TO SERVE*"

How are internet speeds in Moscow?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

patonthebach posted:

The general population heard two main polls in days before the vote.

"YouGov poll shows 52-48 split in favour of Remain. Ipsos Mori poll gives Remain 54-46 lead."

Thats what people heard on the radio or read in their newspaper on the way in to work.

+ 4 and +8 for remain. It turned out to be Brexit +4. I dont see how you can't say that was a giant difference than the polling.

Yes yes let's believe you the anonymous goon and not the hundreds of statisticians yessss.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

bad boy in the boy band posted:

But wait, I thought only white people were racists. When other races do it they're just acting out against years of oppression and it's completely justified.

Who is saying only white people are racist?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

I have a black person sitting next to me and they say that's bullshit.

Checkmate,

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

+1 for Iron Abuela and John Lewis in Atlanta.

Unfortunately the Republican Senator incumbent is up by 14 puts in the latest poll.

Seems to be a lot of +Abuela voters in this thread from Georgia - our house was +2 out of Columbus first day of early voting.

Clearly she will take GA in a landslide!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Relevant to this thread:

https://imgur.com/gallery/QlWAG

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

A haiku:

We need a horse race
Trump self kill shot too early
Emails will make cash

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Seriously? That's where you're going with this?

We all know that this nation was founded on racism, inequality, and atrocities. No one disputes that here. However, this is a sentiment that we could rise above that and make something good and welcoming despite it at and all you see is a chance to air your grievances in hr most petty way? I am a slave descendant and also have Native American blood. I know that pretty much all of this country's history has been dedicated to attacking my ancestors. I still believe in the ideals of a place that all could be welcomed and equal. It's a beautiful sentiment that I hope we could someday live up to. It's something to aspire to rather than sit around and let bitterness consume us. I'm not suggesting just forgiving all the country's crimes. Just that we could believe that the chance to eventually grow into a country worthy of those words is something to at least hope for.

That's great but what about Hillary's emails????

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Yep, means still winnable.

It's amazing to think if the election had been held like 2 weeks ago it would've been a historic blowout, now we're probably looking at 2012 plus a couple points unless Trump does something amazingly stupid.

I dunno, we still don't have a lot of polling data after the email stuff. I'm still hopeful that the only people who are feeding off the new email nonsense were already voting for trump, or are idiot undecideds and are volatile regardless of what is in the news.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Seems like good news to me unless I am missing something

Ya this is kinda what I hoped/expected. The election is already decided - this is largely the media trying to milk all the money they can out of it before it's over.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Tricky D posted:

My two cents regarding nuclear launch chat and having served on a ballistic missile submarine:

Ballistic missile submarines underway operate in a state of very limited communication with the mainland. All messages to and from the boat come directly through the military controlled messaging service. The result is that the crew would not be aware if the order to launch would be retalitory or not.

In addition, when the boat is 'on alert' (ready to launch on command), we continually drill launches. The drill procedure is a potential launch message which the command staff must authenticate without knowing ahead of time whether it is a real launch order or not.

Also, the targeting data for the missiles is pre-loaded and not actually under the control of the crew.

In the event of a legitimate launch command. The crew would respond exactly the same as if it were a drill only once the codes are verified it's launch time and the missiles go off. The whole system is designed to take crew intervention completely out of the equation.

Welp I posted in like the first hundred pages of this thread - or the last 100 pages of the last one - that there was no way Trump would get a nuke off the ground, because someone would intervene.

Color me wrong as gently caress.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Has this been posted?

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/791370808945889280

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Have you watched the news in the past few days at all? I think that might be why Hillary isn't doing well in the polls. I don't think it's an existential sudden change in the priorities of Trump voters. If I had to guess it would probably because Hillary is under investigation by the FBI and could be indicted before the election.

Also why are you framing everything as a party line us-vs-them race when that's clearly not what's happened this election cycle in either party? I'm voting against Hillary and I am a democrat. I'd say "people who read wikileaks" vs "people who read huffpo" is the line in the sand for this election, not party lines.

But I think it's interesting you mention those 3 points because those are why I'm voting trump. I'm not a fan of him, I just want my vote to count twice as hard against her.

- I care about sexual abuse, so I can not in good conscious vote to put a man who is on video groping a woman sexually in charge of economic policy & living in the whitehouse.
- I care about national security, and I think that electing a president with a track record of poor ethics and transparency who proposes to enact an act of war against Russia and Syria is a guaranteed danger to anyone. A guaranteed war with Russia is a lot worse than the chance of Trump loving up royally. I'll take a wildcard over a poo poo hand any day.
- I believe that closing tax loopholes and such is a lot more important than keeping tax rates for the rich high. Many of the ultra-wealthy pay no taxes or very little by hiding their income offshore, or avoid domestic business taxes through outsourcing. We need to get these people to start paying in the first place, not sperg out over not feeling vindicated by the rich getting punished.

other reason:
- Trump's propositions to combat government corruption, such as congressional term limits, are well worth 4 years of putting up with him. This is arguably more important than SCOTUS picks or any policy difference between the 2 candidates, if Trump can get it to pass.

ur dum hth

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Wait is this the guy that snips posts from right wing echo chambers and posts them here, and then posts our responses in their forums?

Is he/are they perpetuating that gimmick?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

No, it's not bait. You can't just dismiss a valid opinion backed by evidence because i don't like how it makes me feel to think about this

this board is "Debate and Discussion" yet you all seem incapable of doing anything beyond calling me names and circlejerking.

You're right. Toxx for trump and show yor map.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Why is anyone still communicating with Tashan

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

If polling trends continue as they've been for the last week he will be ahead by election day. Just so you know.

If weather trends the last week continue it will be 90 degrees in Michigan on Christmas Day.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

This is disingenuous.

So was your initial comment. That was the whole loving point.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

Okay. The polling average has gone from Clinton +7 on RCP on October 19, to Clinton +2.5 today. That seems like significant tightening to me.

I'm not saying that Trump is going to win the election. I acknowledge that, as of this moment, it's more likely than not that he will lose. But I'm telling you that he could win. This thread doesn't believe that's true though, it thinks the election is over already and that is mistaken.

And it could be 90 degrees in Michigan on Christmas.

Because an undetected meteor could hit earth.

And we lack Bruce Willis to drop a nuke into it.

Because this is actually a bad timeline.

Because you are in it holy poo poo shut up.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

Yes obviously the electoral college exists. But movements in state polls are-get this-correlated with movement in national polls. If the national polls are tightening, it's very likely that the race has tightened in key battleground states like North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida (all of which are states Trump more or less must win to win the election, barring a surprise in a state like Colorado, Wisconsin, or Michigan). Major polling aggregators like 538 use national polls to fill in gaps in state polling to figure out where various races are. The national popular vote doesn't elect the president, but national polls do give us useful information about the race.

Post a map containing enough states flipping to ensure an electoral vote victory for trump.

Then float to the center of Lake Michigan and wait for the loving Christmas meteor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

sexy loving muskrat posted:

nonsense, that's an economic frustration newspaper

a newspaper for stutterers

• Locked thread