Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I am very excite to watch my Knicks tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I still hate LeBron, but god drat is he good at basketball.

What is the rule for goal tending when the ball is above the cylinder but not at the apex of the arc yet?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lockback posted:

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_11.html?nav=ArticleList

You cannot touch the ball in the cylinder at all, but the ref has to consider it a chance to score. The angle of a ball being above the cylinder, not moving down, and still having a chance to score seems pretty small.

LeBron blocked a finger roll from the front of the rim that was probably going in last night. Seemed like it should have definitely been a goaltend.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nobody in the world considers the Knicks a superteam.

Except Derrick Rose.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wow. That's one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen an NBA player do.

Edit: Oh, good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kibner posted:

Here is that good and cool dunk that was called a charge that I mentioned in the gdt:

https://streamable.com/2bjo

The defender started falling backward before the dunker even touched him. Honestly, it's kind of questionable whether he touched him at all.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Boosh! posted:

Zingis' game has definitely matured since last year. The wild drives to the hole are less frequent and he's been playing better off the ball, letting the game come to him if you will.

I can't wait to see a confident Porzingis. Also, I'd like to see him in the post more.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Man, gently caress LeBron.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Sounds like Phil is trying to run Melo out of NY and convince him to let them trade him. He ran Jerry West out of the Lakers office so maybe it will work.

Nothing would make me happier.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Porzingis has worn a T-shirt under his jersey multiple times.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Why? Melo's been good as of late I thought

He has his moments but he's holding the team back in the grand scheme of things. He's a black hole on offense. He's not making anyone better. The Knicks will never win a championship with him, so the sooner they lose him and spend that cap space elsewhere (to build around KP hopefully), the better. If we can get something in return for him, instead of him walking when his contract is up, I'm all for it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A combination of steroids and hair plugs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

euphronius posted:

Goy earth?

Dumb Guy Earth

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have this pin sitting in my car right now. :( RIP Craig.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Whoever scored more points in a game is better. Wilt is #1 and Kobe is #2 all time. It's that simple.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Redgrendel2001 posted:

George Karl has a new book coming out and evidently he shits all over Carmelo.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/22/george-karl-rips-user-carmelo-anthony-in-upcoming-book/

Literally everyone who's ever watched Carmelo knows this already.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The spoiled brats thing sounds pretty spot on IMO.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What is supposed to be so genius about that Javale/Shaq tweet? Am I supposed to know who that half chicken man is?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

attackmole posted:

Do players actually care about that stuff? I mean it's nice and all and I'm sure they're glad when they hear they're up there but I'm skeptical. I guess Kobe's insane so it seemed more plausible when people were like "KOBE'S GONNA STICK AROUND TO GO FOR THE POINTS RECORD" but I have a hard time imagining normal athletes caring about chasing numbers versus chasing championships, especially if they've already had an insanely successful career.

I care about it when I play video games so I assume it's the same in real life.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Anthony Randolph has all the tools to be an MVP. This is his year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LeBron flopped so hard he hurt himself. Taking it to a whole new level.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Trump's America isn't so bad after all! Hallelujah!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The most useless news.

"Scientists HAVE looked into chocolate curing all diseases, but it has not shown results."

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

As long as he can purposely run into people and get to shoot free throws he will always have a spot in the league.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Time posted:

lmao its like clockwork with you

Someone's gotta fight the good fight.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Constellation I posted:

Charles Barkley owns. LeBron is bitchmade. Print that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

We literally have a poster named PantsFreeZone. That should settle this debate.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That is so ridiculous. One of the most beloved Knicks of all time. The Chairman of the Boards! gently caress Dolan.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This makes me uncontrollably angry. I hope all the bad things in life happen to James Dolan, and nobody else.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My favorite Dan D'Antoni rumor was that his middle name was Tony.

Why does he go by Dan anyway? Google says his name is Lewis Joseph D'Antoni.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spacebump posted:

It's going to be interesting to see how he is remembered by Knicks fans after his career is over.

Poorly

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

paternity suitor posted:

Even playing pickup games around that time sucked, because one kid on every team thought he was Iverson or an And1 mixtape.

30 seconds of dribbling, head fakes, and arm motions *clank*

This is just as true today as it was back then.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

for shame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-yh0hf7sBU&t=99s

Like really, how did he not break his arm.

Have you never fallen before? It's not like his arm hyper-extended or anything. Most of the force of his fall dissipated when he landed with his foot.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 14, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dexo posted:

Not saying it wasn't cool. It just didn't have the same impact as say Love's defense, Kyrie's dagger in Steph's face, or that almost chaos dunk.

As LeBron's biggest hater I have to say you're wrong. A foul on an open dunk, and Kevin Love happening to be in front of Steph while he misses a make-able shot, do not even come close. MAYBE Kyrie's dagger is on the same level, but probably not. That block was nuts.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That LeBron pass was great but if you think he purposely threw it through Wiggin's legs you're crazy. If Wiggins doesn't step toward the hoop it either goes around him or bounces off his leg. Still an amazing pass though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

EvanTH posted:

He's LeBron it was on purpose

Proof that LeBron purposely showed his dick on live TV.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What the hell is the G league?

Basketball in the projects.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bashez posted:

Lebron James threw a ball in to a defender's leg and got a lucky bounce and everyone in this thread is jizzing themselves. What is happening.

Are you referring to THE greatest pass in NBA history?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would be so happy if I could eat 3 egg sandwiches every morning and not get fat. Never mind all the other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That dunk contest was trash. :lol: at them giving a 50 in the first round on a completely average dunk.

• Locked thread