Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Hey guys I just got done cooking this batch of HACKING OUR ELECTION, want to have some before they cool?

Hacking Our Election brand cookies, "Just like Mother Russia's cooking!" (TM)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Drunkr: the ride sharing app for drunk drivers, by drunk drivers.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It seems like overkill to put prison bars behind your solid metal vault door.

Obama's tiny hands could pick the lock if he gets too close, obviously.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Personally I think the rich should be hunted for sport, but whatever, I can see that you still have a lot of growing up to do.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"No, no, only I, the smartest person to have ever lived, can tell you precisely how to bring about the Revolution. Now for a party wide circular firing squad to show you just how enlightened I am." - College Leftist 101

The real reason we'll never eat the rich is because the poor wouldn't know what kind of wine goes with human foie gras.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Neopie posted:

Or maybe I give a poo poo about respecting other people in my community and doing the best to not hurt anyone?

One quick thing to realize is that some people do still use 'transexual' to refer to themselves, so if you hear someone trans slinging that term around, it's probably chill, but using it for people without knowing if they prefer 'transgender' gets really gross really fast.

ps. Fullcrum: please stop posting.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

duz posted:

loving christ people, if you're going to respond to Fulchrum, at least do it in the form of an edited political cartoon so you can at least pretend to be on topic.

I don't think this GIF from the Nib was posted yet:

...what the hell is a 'white house Easter egg'?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

There's really only two things to keep in mind about the McCoys, and most Republicans:

Na

+

Cl

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Obama just wants to incentivise transfers of blood to the rich and powerful, he's no worse than Peter Thiel, noted good person.

(Although the idea that Obama likes sucking puts all those 'He's Gay!'/'Michelle is trans!' conservative headcannons in a new light.)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Man, remember when the edits were anti semitic, Ben? Whatever happened to 4chan, you decided to do their trolling for them?

As the closest thing you have to friend, Ben, I think it's time for an intervention.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

In between alcoholic comas and screaming about President Lavern Cox's controversial decision to legalize it.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Man, I wish my parents were devil worshippers, would've made coming out as trans/Satan's pal pretty easy.

He also doesn't get trans kid healthcare: you never start estrogen treatment before puberty. What usually happens (for kids and parents who want medical intervention) is puberty blocking drugs until the kid gets older, then start HRT. It's not prepuberty then, it's actually starting puberty the same way any other kid does, just with the right hormones for the kid.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The solution is obvious, pay the poor by the number of patriotic blog posts they write, with bonuses for xenophobia, racism, and homophobia. The poo poo post will be this generation's public work program.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Finally, a comic that I :siren: a millennial :siren: can relate to!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

LOL, it's a good cartoon. People are really, really invested in gender roles, and there is a market out there for wingnuts who want their children just as abused and dysfunctional as they are. Remember that duck cartoon?

I also suspect some of the odd phrasing just comes from translation, an English-original cartoon would pass more or less without notice in this thread.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ban DBD, ban arguments about Bernie/Hillary, and bring back pants donkey. Vote T-man for thread shitlord 2018.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Jay Rust posted:

Lester begrudgingly went along to a social gathering to appease his wife, and was shocked to learn that there are real people out there who aren't hooked into the right-wing media bubble.

More telling: everyone is white. And old. And well off, for that matter.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Page 420, ya'll. Let's smoke some jazz cigarettes.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

HAT FETISH posted:

:qqsay:

Honestly if you're even aware that SA is a place that exists then there's a pretty reasonable chance that you're perfectly capable of finding quick and easy answers to 101 level poo poo. Being a patronising gently caress and treating trans people as inherently exotic and unknowable is a super mega ultra bad look, buddy.

Hi, you're being an rear end in a top hat. Many people don't even know how to find 101 stuff that's accurate and up to date (in part because trans discourse moves really fast) and access to a cellphone is not inherently tied with research skills. Assuming that everyone has the educational tools to learn about a complex issue with many different sides and active and deliberate deception going on by the anti trans people. This applies to everyone that jumped down a poster's rear end for asking something that I wish I was asked more in person, compared to 'what are you?'.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Lurdiak posted:

I seriously don't understand why the kneejerk for all the warhawk cartoonists is to call terrorists pussies. Like do you think you're going to hurt their feelings? They're not doing this poo poo to prove how macho they are or impress you.

Being called girlish or weak is the worst thing they can think of, so they go with that.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

This is a transparent proxy for complaining about low-calorie beer. It's okay Tinsley, we know you're a drunk, and fat, and a total, shameless, hack.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The drinky duck is hallucinating again, someone give him a beer.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

It's getting more difficult to scroll past pages of posts that aren't about political cartoons

Please postcock every post in this thread especially mine.

http://www.bellarmine.edu/static-content/magazine/summer2011/?page=14#?page=14

Whining about 'Western Civilization' is a Nazi and friends thing, right? If so, drat.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Bors is also the living embodiment of the smug white liberal, so it's not that surprising that his hot take is contrarian in nature. He was good friends with Rall, after all.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So, Neo-Nazis are A-OK, but saying a bad word draws your ire. gently caress.

(He's probably just jelous.)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pants Donkey posted:

I guess the Marching Orders were given yesterday

Looks more like a pissburger, McCoy the Lesser should be all in favor of those.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Garrand posted:

For some reason I don't remember Farage or Putin being there before but Farage is even less relevant nowadays so yeah, I think it's just the same old one.

Speaking of Garrison

​"Legacy Media Extinction Event! "

The one and only woman is blonde, blue-eyed, and does not get to say anything, but all the dudes look like pedos. (esp. "Spork Yourself Out" guy)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Eat the succulent, tender rich and stop enabling greed as a moral virtue, AGC.

(I'm not reading the stupid block of stupid text.)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pants Donkey posted:

Dum dee dum dee dum...

Just a note: the wording implies that reading Karl Marx, at all, is tantamount to all those other things. Which side tries to censor, again?

Also, lol at pot-smoker.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Playstation 4 posted:

Is this supposed to read like a Markov chain? Congrats, a monarch ignored trump. You want an actual burn, draw Leader of The Free World™ Angela Merkel dunking on his dumb rear end again.

E: Reading again, nevermind. I'm Canadian, not British, so calling myself "republican" isn't a thing much due to associations from you guys. You came across as a pithy "hurr sexism" defense of not acknowledging a leader I consider illegitimate.

Not letting this go. You can keep your dumb hate boner for the monarchy, but calling a woman 'it' because you don't agree with an institution she is a part of is sexist. She is a woman, not an object, you thick motherfucker.

(I've been called an 'it' too many times to ignore this nonsense.)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Garrand posted:

When my store first got them in I thought it was some weird beyblade type thing but then I discovered it managed to be even less interesting. Also they cost 20 bucks (High end bearings or something.)

Then we sold out.

Then we sold out again.

Kids these days :corsair:

Remember pogs, or beanie babies?

Kids of any day. :corsair:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pembroke Fuse posted:

What the literal gently caress? Is this dude an AnPrim or something equally useless?

There's no denying that much of the horrors of present day war come from a long series of scientific advancements, and that science often profits from the pursuit of war (Manhattan project). You can't ignore the long history of scientific advancements coming from war and crimes of war. Of course, bringing this up in response to a march is something of a stretch, but political cartoons.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Nice sentiment, but "transgender" doesn't really fit into the male/female binary, at least according to most trans people I know. Trans women are female/women, trans men are male/men, and nonbinary people are neither men/women and according to more radical thinking, male or female. It's a common thing for cis people to do, but generally it's better to say "man/woman/nonbinary" or some expanded set, or ask about sex assigned at birth, depending on what one is categorizing and why.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

1. It's normal to use quotes around specific terms being given specific meaning, chill.

2&3, I've never heard anyone make the claim genderqueer is trans, and transgender is specific to binary because it literally means "across" or "opposite." Which can't happen in a spectrum. This is why the terms genderfluid and genderqueer were made, to help identify people outside the binary.

If you're gonna be shirty with people, don't use you own definitions.

Hi, you are wrong. Please educate yourself further before attempting to be an expert.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Someone please give Kirk a boner, tyvm.

Also, aside from the fact that he isn't trans, this might be one of the least lovely trans related politoons this year. Garrison can't even shock humor right.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

loquacius posted:

There is absolutely no way a guy who dresses like that would be a tea party person, I cannot suspend my disbelief any longer

Clothes don't always make the person, I've met rainbow-haired, tattooed, piercing-armed punks that worry about their 401ks and vote R. With all the anti conservative bias the RWM has been pushing I wouldn't assume that dressing weird equals to thinking weird.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

World Famous W posted:

To this day, I am still not sure if I'm just an old as gently caress millennial or a young as hell gen-xer.

Also, lol at us being a news forum and not a comedy forum anymore. Knew the forum wasn't funny no more.

This is good advice though.

To be fair I learn about most celebrity deaths from this thread, so it kinda makes sense.

And if it makes you feel better I know kids born in 2001 who aren't sure if they're millennials or post-millennials.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Kegluneq posted:

Mass Effect: Ancillary Justice looking good

God drat it, now I'm imaging a Ann Leckie video game, gently caress you for making me dream of the beautiful.

(For those unfamiliar, here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancillary_Justice. It's a book about gay robots and space fascism.)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Two MEN said women are stupid,checkmate feminazis. - BoK, last known survivor of the BoKbluster Incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Why is trump twerking on race relations?

• Locked thread