Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

SpaceGoku posted:

this guy is a weird goobery looking british dude so it shouldn't be a surprise that he has poo poo taste in food, he's used to it

BOIL YER STEAK FER TWO HOURS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Prettz posted:

one is a political party, the other is not a political party at all, just a death cult. death cults are currently more liked than political parties.

One's a grifting operation for ivy league sons and the other is a death cult, no wonder no one likes any of them

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I feel like it's only a matter of time before people start burning things

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Rex-Goliath posted:

what quote is this?

Ryan is the name of the SEAL killed. Trump didn't accept responsibility for the raid going bad. He instead blamed his generals and the millitary, saying "they" got the seal killed.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Hey I haven't had internet for a few days, is everything gonna be okay now

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
This is all madness.

We're going to be killed.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Yinlock posted:

oh good it's time for the scheduled "the human race is doomed to extinction because trump is facing any kind of opposition at all" portion of the day

No it's cause The President Of The United States is tweeting out poo poo he saw on Breitbart and then interrupting himself to talk about how good his old TV show was

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

logikv9 posted:

i'm the black female member of the klan

HEY

CHECK US OOOOOOOOUT

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

This is P good compared to his earlier "HIT ME YOU rear end in a top hat, I DARE YOU, ARE YOU A REAL MAN" bravado

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The just... boredom that the guy saying "We're all Americans. Stop this" is exuding is tangible. He does not give a poo poo

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Agrajag posted:

whoa wait Vice is owned by a white surpemecist?

Was, he's not part of the company anymore.

But yeah he sucks

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i was visiting family in a small town in michigan and they had a mall with stores in it and the local gas station had a free air hose for your tires. it was like the town was preserved in a time capsule from the 90s

Was it near the border? Malls near Canada do really well because of currency exchange.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

This has been the funniest development arc imaginable

This is the ONLY resolution of this that could have made this funnier than it already was

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Solarin posted:

do these kids with the maces think they are playing wow or something? What the sweet gently caress are they thinking

They're pretending they're riot cops

joke's on them though they could just sign up and BE riot cops

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Solarin posted:

kinda seems like that would be a felony somehow

Well Riot Cops use shields and batons. They're using shields and sticks.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
He's on infowars of course he's creepy

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

and i must meme posted:

in the us it might just be a better strategy to infiltrate the dems

have any of them freaked out about this yet?

The dems? Yeah, there's a bit of a struggle going on in the party right about now. A huge amount of energy is coming to the party via people who are to the left of the old guard who control most things. The people who control things are unhappy about this.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

L-Boned posted:

nationalism over globalism

supporting law enforcement/military instead of making GBS threads on them

enforcing our countries laws and changing laws instead of selectively enforcing them

having a reasonable position of federal regulation (limited government)

changing the status quo in DC

Look, I don't like everything Trump has done, but the current system in DC was not working and was not to the benefit of the people. I understand many people in here agree, but wanted to go a different direction. I imagine if Trump fails, you all will have your chance in four years.

These are literally not things

These are not things he's done

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Yinlock posted:

1) lol
2) lol
3) lol
4) lol
5) lmao

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

this times guy's timeline is scary right now

all the rollbacks and swamping going on

https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT

Get cher axes lads

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

TheBigAristotle posted:

Isn't he the burgin guy? I think he's on my steam friends list. Always playing Civ.

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/838499589028106240

Imagine yelling at people on twitter and calling them ugly bitches and then smugly being like "yeah, owned them"

Now imagine you're like loving 60 and in media

Goddamn he's pathetic

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I'm so mad about so many things all the time

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

financially racist posted:

a better (and more probable) question is what america's reaction would be to pictures of trump in cuffs

Smaller Riots

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

lmfao buying more of a metal we have 5 lifetimes of, this time with a source with even less quality control than china

Why ARE we buying Russian steel?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

you shouldn't have to ask at this point

Apparently it's poo poo that will be turned into actual steel in America, and it makes sense that we're getting stuff like that from Russia on the east coast cause where ELSE are we gonna get lovely steel to refine from that direction

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

well, right here? we have a lot of unused steel laying about in factories because nobody produces anything here anymore

It's just the first shipment into a new big port NJ opened up recently.

I mean I bet it's all very insidious cause... what isn't nowadays, but at least we're not buying steel shipments from Russia because of some "agreements"

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

euphronius posted:

Man he's going to quit

I hope he pulls a Palin

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

When do we start seeing EU countries propping up leftist movements with money and weapons and consultants? At this point they'd have to be pretty cucked to imagine we aren't a huge existential threat to their way of life

France is on the edge of electing someone from what might as well be their nazi party

Hungary turned away refugees

Poland turned away refugees

Greece has a nazi party in power

Germany's insistence that everyone just has to tighten their belts and cut programs is why Europe is in the mess they're in

They ain't gonna save us dawg.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Did Trump sign another goddamn muslim ban EO today too

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I uh...

I don't think this will pass. Same as Trump's dumbfuck budget.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW I THOUGHT HILLARY WOULD WIN

I'm starting to wish I put more pills into my mouth all those years ago

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

It's weird how little reaction I'm seeing to this compared to the last immigration EO. Like once I realized their plan was just "make barely perceptible changes to the first one and keep making GBS threads them out until people stop caring" I though, well, yeah, that's probably going to work, actually. But I thought it would take more than once lol

Healthcare and the EO dropped on the same day, I imagine things will start to flare up as this all progresses

Or maybe not cause we're all depressed

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

ill never understand why the Koreans put their historic capital up in the middle of the fuckoff mountains when they had all this perfectly good real estate down south, but im sure it made sense at the time

Before we had space lasers putting your capital in a mountain was a good way to stop people from blowing it up, and the Koreans basically spent their entire history getting conquered by someone else

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Robert Plant posted:

For real this time: we dead yet?

We all died when they hit the towers

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nichael posted:

I want people to play that stupid Dragon Age tabletop RPG with. That's my bucket list before our Donny-caused nuclear apocalypse.

Oh god.

Whenever I think about Dragon Age I get mad at how badly DA2 hosed up the tone and flavor of mages and magic and how that basically cut down a fantasy universe as it took its first steps, cause they doubled down on it in DA3

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nichael posted:

Dragon Age 2 was a good game.

Oh.

You're a madman. I'm sorry.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Dragon Age 2 is a bad game. I guess there's humor in how big of a gently caress up you and your friends are, but it's frustrating and has bad enemy spawning and recycled locations and an awful ending. It ruined the world DA1 set up and make the Dragon Age name a joke for most people, the people who don't talk about how ~~~huggable~~ your demon summoning fuckup of an elf friend is.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
gently caress, DA3 isn't much better, they made an mmo world and barely put anything in it, they hosed up magic's portrayal again, it has shallow character customization, they ruined one of potentially the most powerful moments that could've happened in the series and thus reduced the impact of the biggest choice in DAO and hosed up the tone of the story so badly I don't know if I can take it seriously anymore... poo poo

About the only thing Bioware can write is quippy characters who are trainwrecks in their personal lives.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nichael posted:

Inquisition's worst element, I agree, is the open world nature of it. Bioware games shouldn't be open world, but the market has dictated that all new games have an open world gimmick.

I don't get why you keep saying they gently caress up magic's portrayal. Magic is pretty consistent in all of the games (and books... I've read them, I am a terrible person). Its character customization was actually pretty good in my opinion, there's a ton of dialogue that is specific to your race and class. As for characters being the only thing they can write, it's definitely their strongest quality as a studio, but the overarching story of the DA games so far is actually pretty good, probably better than ME, and definitely better than Elder Scrolls.

uhhh also, trump?

I'm harpin' on magic because post 1 it's danger was minimized and mage freedom went from a thing only villains mentioned to the thing the game says is ethical. This undercuts the entire premise of how magic works in that world, that its a curse. Magic doesn't come from study, you can't decide to be a mage. It just happens. Smartly, the people who designed the Dragon Age world in the first place understood that if there weren't inherent drawbacks to this it changes the character of the world a lot. If people who use magic are just normal rear end dudes who can happen to shoot fire and heal people and cure diseases, 1: they are better than everyone else and 2: there's an explicit shortcut to making things better, which is exactly the thing you want to avoid in a dark fantasy world. The cloistering of the mages isn't a punishment, it is their heroic sacrifice. If they accept this responsibility foisted upon them by fate, they can make wonders happen for those around them. If they do not, they will bring ruin instead. There's no shortcuts to doing the right thing, you can't have it all.

The handling of this element was the thing that impressed me about DA:O after sucking air in between my teeth at THIS IS THE NEW poo poo commercials and how much they wanted to show how blood spatters on your guys. DA2 tried to capitalize on the tension of this idea, but hosed it up a million ways by not understanding the thematic power of why the mages are cloistered in the first place. DA3 had no idea how to handle it, but they sure threw characters at you who said stuff about it that never came anywhere close to understanding the core of why the element worked to establish the tone of the world.

Trump sucks.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Crusader posted:

https://twitter.com/newday/status/839088737242005506

p. cool of cnn to capture the moment when chaffetz's flesh exterior sloughs away to reveal the pitiless metal endoskeleton beneath

I wonder if Alex Jones will scream about how Chaffetz hates you

Cause fuckin' a he really does, he really hates people, that's a point you bring up if you think the reason people are having a hard time is cause they're poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

OhFunny posted:

Oh Mexico cancelled permits to export sugar to the USA because there's no one at the US Department of Commerce to negotiate with.

Enjoy higher prices all.

Jesus christ

• Locked thread