Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the honorifics are part knowing a bit about their audience and also part making it easier to work around the player character being nameable, since you can use the honorific in their name's place
sometimes i remember how hard FFX had to work around the fact that titus was renameable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

is this game gonna b good & cool for someone that nevr played any other persona game before? is there an easy way to play older persona games without buying a ps3???

they're all self contained, outside of 4 having some callbacks to 3, but that's more like a Cool Bonus thing than anything.
if you are interested though:
All the PSP ones i list are easy to emulate
Persona 1 is a pretty rough play, but it has a PSP version
Persona 2 actually does interesting things, but has a weird problem where we only got 1 of the PSP remakes that have a lot of nice updates
Persona 3 has a PSP version and should also be a PS2 classic, the PSP version being the easier one to emulate because it's cut down to a more VN style in the non dungeon areas (but has a new story route with a female MC that changes the SLinks and arranges some other stuff)
Persona 4 i dont know if was ever released as a PS2 classic, but the updated version is on the Vita which can played with PSTV

so 3 has the least amount of investment and is the start of what modern Persona games are like

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i think being 16 made playing FES a more memorable introduction to the series so i'm sure it definitely still has plenty of appeal to people that age

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Grand Blue has taught me that Japanese college is just as ftw as highschool so please make Persona 6 take place there.

s. link about redecorating your room

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

Persona 5 isn't going to be a perfect game

well we already knew that b/c theres no boy kissing options

RME
Feb 20, 2012

why do you think there can only be one mcree per team now
do you wanna supply all those mercers?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Moltrey posted:

this game owns
(localization spoilers)

woah dont let atlus know youre taking pics of your game

RME
Feb 20, 2012

persona but every time you summon a persona it plays the gachaman crowds transform sting

RME
Feb 20, 2012

well, in theory it arrives on release but mine hasn't even shipped yet
and steelbook is basically the typical atlus first print run bonus stuff they do, i think ie it being the same price isnt that unexpected from that perspective

RME
Feb 20, 2012

RME
Feb 20, 2012

slev posted:

Can I destroy this thread's palace

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Wokexodia...PONTIFICATE

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i love that the gunshop dude (and his theme) looks like he came from a mainline SMT game

RME
Feb 20, 2012

tithin posted:

is there any good tumblrs for smt / persona content
https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_oo3swqYfKH1tvqurg_480.mp4

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

here's the only fanart you need:

this ones good but post the other genderswap art too imo

RME
Feb 20, 2012

goro is a pleasant smiley boy and all of you are neither pleasant nor smiley to him

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Yusukes mind slice proud confuse, as does the shiisa you probably fused for the requests headcracker

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Coolwhoami posted:

Hi, I hate Morgana's voice and want it to not exist at least during combat. Is there a way to get him to stop saying creepy things about Panther other than kicking her out of the party? Thanks in advance

if you used the jpn audio morgana is voiced by pikachu
something to have considered

RME
Feb 20, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Playing through Merciless and the game really destroys your money and exp gains. Having just recruited Yusuke, I've found that he's 3 levels ahead of everyone else and I'm having to confuse most enemies just get decent money from battles. If it wasn't for the fact I was playing a NG+, I have no idea how I could complete a Merciless playthrough and retain my sanity.

merciless is probably aimed at NG+ anyways
it came out like 3 weeks after release in JPN, to further suggest this

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

there's also a "Morgana, I choose you!" dialogue option.

i def chose that option because of it too

RME
Feb 20, 2012

darealkooky posted:

don't misunderstand, persona 2 is cool (outside of the gameplay) but it's a fact they did a female protagonist and then the series went to bed for over half a decade

thats not atypical in SMT games really

RME
Feb 20, 2012

darealkooky posted:

If you mean the gameplay I gotta disagree because if you're into it dungeon crawling can be pretty fun, if also sort of brainless and akin to gambling.

P2 has a bad combo of ps1/psp loading times, constant random battles and fights that are neither fast or engaging/threatening (outside of negotiations I guess). It really drags.

i mean having half a decade between games

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Clarste posted:

The gap between P2 and P3 was about the same length as the one between P4 and P5. Are you trying to say that P4 also killed the series?

i said its not atypical!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Terper posted:

Gonna be real honest with you: I did not say "Hell yeah" when Chihaya asked

what the

RME
Feb 20, 2012

it's weirder to romance futaba than the adult women, imo

RME
Feb 20, 2012

futaba feels like a younger sister to me

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Terper posted:

She would be, except I never actually bought or customized any guns

you get a customized gun by starting that confidant

RME
Feb 20, 2012

he's a pleasant boy
a smiley boy

RME
Feb 20, 2012

RME
Feb 20, 2012

in p3 you sometimes had party members just unavailable to go to tartarus that night, which i can understand why people disliked, but it was nice that it was like, yeah these people have a life to manage too outside of you

RME
Feb 20, 2012

real rude to have tae wear her punk outfit when i had to turn her down game

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

if enemies are low level enough to get killed by it they're barely giving you a relevant amount of exp or money anyway

also this
ryujis instakill thing makes mementos a lot more painless than they have to be, so its good imo

RME
Feb 20, 2012

kawakami is the true way

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Okay, it's late November, Shido's palace is a giant boat, I'm only just now hitting level 50, I can't go to school anymore, my social links are freaking out over my supposed death, I have no idea what's at the end of Mementos, I still don't know what the gently caress Morgana is, there's no crazy goddess or Death Star moon threatening the world with an apocalypse, the detective did it, again, and the last day of the game is 12/24. They aren't seriously going to try and resolve everything in like three in-game weeks including free time, are they?

I really suggest not hovering over that if you wanna keep yourself unspoiled, by the way.

Goth doctor best tho. Though Kawakami is a great option too.

having the doctor in her punk outfit when i turned her down was a v rude move by the game

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Parked myself outside what I presume to be the boss of the first palace, but I missed a locked chest earlier. We have the ability to revisit dungeons after we've cleared them, right?

Gotta say, I'm glad they ditched P3 and 4's procedurally-generated dungeons in favor of planning them out instead. This first one has been pretty fun.

you cannot revisit after the boss is defeated, but youre probably better off saving your lockpick anyways

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I mean, I'm still running low on SP, which I don't fancy the boss'll take kindly to.

Are you saying after I beat the boss I'll need to leave and come back?

youre forced out before the boss, once you've secured a route
like as a mechanic
it'll make sense if you jsut do it

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The beach scene in Golden was funnier than any scene in p5. hosed up, but factual.

ah someone didnt do the yusuke confidant

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I think with Kanji i always read that he ends up liking Naoto regardless of her gender, which always made him seem bi/pansexual to me (and is what people usually use pan for, afaik), but I could be biased as someone who identifies as bi

darealkooky posted:

It just seems like a weird thing to get in arms about, a joke that isn't really funny has lead to people saying that there are no positive representations of homosexuaity in media that aren't jokes and all kinds of other hyperbolic poo poo. I'd much rather people treat homosexuality as another thing they can make unfunny jokes about instead of othering it either by hatred or eggshell walking, both piss me off.

I realize the hypocrisy in calling people out for overacting to things on the internet when I just posted tons of paragraphs doing basally the same thing tho so I'm gonna just abort this comment chain here and go back to talking about things that matter, like which jrpg character is the strongest in a fight.

people don't like it because its the kind of thing that helps normalize bad attitudes/views on homosexuality so it's going to feel worse than just a bad gag
i don't want to make too many assumptions about you or your sexuality but it can also be a little hollow to hear someone who might not be particularly invested because its not something that ever effects them when theyre straight be like "well i wish we could make jokes about it without someone calling us out"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

how do i make the best mothman possible

one to surpass the strongest sona's

you can go really deep on this if you sac a treasure demon to it, register the new one, release and resummon and sac another treasure demon to it if you want i think