Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

hazardousmouse posted:

This is mocking TES Online, yeah?

No, it's mocking the oblivion crisis and mehunes dagon being unprepared for the argonians of black marsh sheer badass nature to counterinvade the realm of oblivion.

god, read a book.

Weirdly, I learned that fact from a book I found scattered in pages across a park in Portland favored by the homeless, so results may vary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
The 5e rules for reduce are :

quote:

Reduce. The target's size is halved in all dimensions, and its weight is reduced to one-eighth of normal.

So if you figure a 10 lb cannonball, it would still be a 2.25 lb projectile out the barrel, enough to knock most people flat on their asses and difficult to hit anything outside a naval vessel...

Ergo, the DM should allow it, but with massive penalties and drawbacks.

[/nerd]

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Tidally locked earth would render the vast majority of the earth uninhabitable except for a region of perpetual twilight around the terminator, most of which would probably be in the ocean unless you were very lucky.

Most of the oceans would evaporate and fall on the dark side, only to melt as glaciation pushed it towards the hot side and make the twilight zone a marshland.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Jesus Christ.... Lily's brother is a wolfman too. It comes from her side of the family, no need to complicate things.

Or maybe people are just horny for Herman.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

I did initially think that was what they are doing but I assume it is some kind of duck and cover thing for gun nutters and/or tornadoes based on context.

It's a tornado drill, which is common in the midwest. Active shooter drills are essentially to shelter in place and barricade like you're some sort of French revolutionary.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

titties posted:

I read a blog from someone who spent some time and money importing Big Mike and their opinion was that it did taste a little different and better than Cavendish bananas but not nearly as much as you might think.

Also we will probably have to get used to a new banana cultivar soon because the same thing that happened to big Mike is beginning to happen to Cavendish as well.

I like banana and eat it a lot

Blue Java's are supposed to taste like vanilla pudding. I've seen them for sale online sometimes, but I don't like bananas that much....

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

bike tory posted:

How long do y'all microwave the mayonnaise before you put it on your banana sandwiches?

How are you letting your mayo get cold in the first place? Mayo should be kept at a steady 78f in an open container. Says so right on the jar.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

It's super weird that they changed clothes in between. What happened there?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

HIS NAME IS REMY!

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

No that's Morpheus.

Certainly that's just a nom de guerre. You can't convince me that it wasn't Remy.

Or a rat pulling on his pubes.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

The only non-toxic person is a dog.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Maps of Africa are inaccurate? Shocking.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Data Graham posted:

Come on, all they need to know is "exponential" means "a lot"

Even the .125% APR return on my savings account?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

I'm sorry, but is that human bartender Jackie Daytona?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

Honoré de Ballsack definitely sounds like another one of his aliases

"I became a vampire to do two things: drink blood and gently caress forever"

Yep, fits...

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Harry_Potato posted:

That's cold, just like him.

I can hear this picture...

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

PizzaProwler posted:

Could anyone tell me what kind of critter this is? Thanks in advance.

It's some kind of fish?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

My understanding is that "Honk Honk" has become some sort of racist codeword like "88".

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

China / India: "the flavor comes from the simplicity of the dish and 5000 years of artistry and tradition"

Japan: "you must study 18 hours a day for 70 years to master the basics of cooking. The flavor comes from pain and toil."

Korea: "what if we turned the Wisconsin state fair into a 3 Michelin Star experience"

Vietnam: "This bread thing ain't half bad"

Thailand: "Whatever you're making, you're making it wrong."

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

William Hung died?

Oh man, my entire adolescence is suddenly invalidated.

And that one joke on The Office? Truly the end of an era.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
I gotta ask, why the Cochran hate in Trek fandom?

He's no more a kook than Ford, Musk, or Khan....

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Dysgenesis posted:

Spot the odd one out,

Sun
Moon
Tiu
Woden
Thor
Freya
Saturn

It's a derivation of Tyr, the Norse god of single combat.

Which means it's the only acceptable day for a duel to the death.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

BonHair posted:

Alright, if grass sucks, what's my northern European alternative that's actually comfy to lie down on in the summer? I will not be sleeping on mint.

Bees are a plus

Clover would work. Doesn't grow very tall, is soft, flowers for bees, and enriches the soil.

Grass sucks. It gets all woody and scratchy. I've never found it comfortable to lie on.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Basticle posted:

I thought it was only my school district that had those (I never once actually saw an actual disc let alone watch anything on them).

My elementary school had one. The teacher had us watch the 80's anime Lensman on it one time.....

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

As a foreigner, what does a Woodruf Pop taste like?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

surely they mean guacamole

I enjoy surprising my partners by marinating in a nice pico de gallo.

This has never been favorably received.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Smashing Link posted:

When can we make fun of the generation after Zoomers? And what is their name? I ask because I will have dementia soon.

Sadly, they are the doomers. The last generation after we perpetuate the gently caress uppedness of eerything.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Hihohe posted:

Its the ones where theres no apparent columbo in the picture that scare me the most

Columbo is there, you just cant see him

All you sense is a whispered "Oh and just one more thing...." coming from right behind you.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Is this the Ken with the "gay" earring, or the one with the cock ring?

I'm glad that Ryan isn't crazy method, so he at least likely still has his genitalia at least...

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

"folks" usually works as a true neutral option

Comrades works just as well.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Warbird posted:

A buddy and I got tickets to a showing of TBoM and got it in our heads to go dressed up as Mormons because we are, in fact, fukkin morons. We get there and quickly discovered that not only were we the only ones that had this idea, but that apparently people take going to these shows extremely seriously. We opted to keep our coats on and thoroughly enjoyed the show.

I saw the show in Salt Lake City, and due to a dumb Utah law that you can't sell alcohol during an event with nudity (including films), I had to watch it sober.

Not that that was the issue, I was just deeply confused as to where the nudity was.....

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Zil posted:

I don't remember any nudity in the show?

I think there's one point where one of the tribesmen has an absurd phallus gourd or some such and that was it?

Keep in mind, Utah alcohol laws are really weirdly enforced. They tried to prevent the local booze theater from showing Deadpool 2 because of nudity as well.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

The Bloop posted:

That's the one with the really really long extended scenes of closeup animal birth right?

That and throwing cats off of cliffs....

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Hyperlynx posted:

Happy 2nd of Amendment! 🥳

That's not until December....

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Android Apocalypse posted:

Was that SNL skit before or after :smugdon: won? Because if before then :lmao:.

Or was this before or after they let him host?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Your Gay Uncle posted:

They always leave out Xerxe's response.
Right after the pure, western civlized man of freedom said " Come and take them" Xerxes the Swarthy was all like " Ok. I will." And then he killed them and presumably took their weapons.

For some reason this never comes up in gun circles.

The Spartans were totally proto chuds, pumped themselves up with dumb ideas about what a man should be, then getting totally owned.

With key Greek city-states in submission, Philip II turned to Sparta, warning them "If I invade Laconia, I shall turn you out. The Spartans' laconic reply was one word: "If." Philip proceeded to invade Laconia, devastate much of it and eject the Spartans from various parts.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

The Bloop posted:

Where's elemenope?

Probably in Greece.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

bike tory posted:

20 years ago SA was the source of most of the memes on the internet. Nowadays were still living off the high of a single meme that went viral like 2 years ago.

You have to look at it paleontologicially. Yeah, much of the content of old SA is dead (except slenderman, the coelacanth of SA internet memes), but its progeny lives on. We're the velociraptors of 2005 bemoaning the fate of our 4chan chicken descendents in 2022.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

Mirror universe is into the gun show, yes. You want everyone to know how swole you are so they don't dare to assassinate you. Plus they are all super horny.

Star Trek Online just revealed that the mirror universe Terran Emperor is wesley crusher

No one is horny for that....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

PizzaProwler posted:

tell me that I can't dump my tennis balls in the water? lol as if!

safe and legal thrill

So many sad dogs though. Monster.