Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Where is the cross platform account future

I'll buy this dumb alive game for all three platforms if I can drag my stupid loot between all three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

actionjackson posted:

Seems like CoD now which is eh

lol what? the time to kill in all the videos I've watched is like 10 times longer than COD

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

shoulder charge is still on the menu, just not unlocked in the demo

sure hope it's still a 1 hit kill

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

BlindSite posted:

From all reports from the PvP dudes on twitter it felt better than years gone by. It certainly looked a little smoother and snappier.

Of course it did, there was 0 geographical latency

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

people don't have utnayan on their ignore list? It's 2017 folks, get with the program

Lmao if utnayan isn't the only person on your ignore list

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

4v4 and the increased role gunskill will play is actually really good because I almost always win primary fights but am comparatively garbage at specials

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Can't carry all these Exotics!?

Increase your Light today with the Destiny 2™ Vault Expander!

I'm still stunned Bungie didn't come up with a cold storage vault (like Pokémon Bank) for D1, so many people would have paid for it

Their databases must have really been hosed

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

I hate mashing triggers

:thunk:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I'm a ps4 player and don't give a gently caress about anything but shooting mans in pvp

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I hope we shoot dudes here

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Sure is cool that two different Destiny games are coming out

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

texaholic posted:

No more death penalty in HM raids.

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-raid-death-penalty-revive/

Who knows how they tweak it but it sounds like a move in the right direction.

Thank loving God, that was the dumbest poo poo ever. Having to fight extra hard for 30 seconds and flex positions on the fly when someone dies is fun. Having to wipe because welp someone's dead is not fun.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Just got my first D2 Unbroken.

A) There doesn't seem to be a medal for a 15 kill streak anymore (or I wasn't paying attention)
B) It's called "Undefeated" now which is waaaaay more lame sounding

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

actionjackson posted:

So what's the guddest gun so far

I like pulse you get at the starting, and the hc

Some guy was tearing up with a lighter pulse than the one you start with and I want it bad

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

tqilamknbrd posted:

nergal pr4 is pretty nasty - full auto void pulse, it's the only thing i've really felt comfortable with in pvp

that's the one that the dude was wrecking with, wouldn't doubt if that's the best gun in the beta

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

el B posted:

Who wants to play Lawbreakers with me? :)

I picked it up and if you like destiny for the good reasons (great gunfeel and movement) you should really pick it up, shame it's the most generic looking game ever because it's actually really good

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Isn't it like the sweatiest poo poo ever? Those are the reports I'm receiving from my scouts.

It's really fast paced and every player on your team matters, so I guess it can get pretty sweaty. I'm playing a lot of the Vanguard class, zipping around with the jetpack and jumps feels like Titan skating on speed, it's so drat good

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lol if you don't have enough disposable income to own both consoles

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Just bought me a 65 inch LG OLED, sure hope it gets here within 9 days

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

JorgeHWB posted:

mmmmm.... delicious input lag... :v:

21ms is plenty good

Not quite as good as the 15ms I've got on my office TCL, but still good enough

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

JorgeHWB posted:

sub 17ms or bust. i dont think i will ever not play on a monitor after switching from a large format TV

Destiny 2 is gonna put out a frame out every 33ms tho so it's fine, I understand wanting sub 17 for 60FPS stuff but unless you're the Gaming God or play frame perfect stuff like fighting games, you're fine with anything sub 30 imo

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Why a xim as well?

it gives you the auto-aim the game gives to controllers as well :v:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

gently caress it, if the clan's filling up guess I'll put a request in since not many people from my D1 clan are still playing

request to the big dum space mans psn: deadwingsa

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

hell yeah

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mr. Unlucky posted:

why did they have to get so loving safe with exotics? are the only fun exotics going to be those first few in destiny year 1 that slipped under the radar and were actually good and that's it for the rest of the series? the standout in D2 is mida which was always just "generic good scout rifle" and it gets substantially duller from there. there isn't a single interesting perk on any of these loving things, this is retarded, why even bother playing if there's nothing to aim for?

oh boy handcannon readies slightly faster, HOW loving EXOTIC MY GAMEPLAY IS CHANGING SO MUCH THIS IS SO FUN. arc ability kills charge arc abilities slightly faster woah hold the loving phone I've never seen anything like that on dozens of generic purples no one ever gave a poo poo about. this is safe and boring as gently caress and just another wrong direction they're taking with the series. anything that can make their jobs easier they do, and most of it makes the game worse but who cares. there's no balance problem if everything is lovely and boring, smart work guys!

oh wait this isnt a dark souls style loot game anymore it's some whacky CoD bro poo poo where everything has the same stats so you dont need to do no complicated figurin' the only thing we like more than cayde is walls of lovely gifs from the human being krew.

Source your quote

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Florida Crew checking in for hurricane death

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

eonwe posted:

Ive watched some destiny streams lately and there are some people who really seem to think they're good at destiny, and I feel like its mostly because there are other good people on the streamers nuts usually

idk I really like the idea of streaming for my friends or something, but past that, there seems like a lot of sad people streaming

all the streamers I've faced solo are pretty garbage without their full stack to watch their flanks when sniping or to funnel people into their proper engagement distance

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Played for four hours, game is extremely good, pvp feels a lot better than the beta

The other competitive mode is way better than Countdown

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

VJeff posted:

My second game in Quickplay is 4v3 with a replacement never coming in. Cool. :v:

Matchmaking seems extremely garbage right now, just matchmade into a 1v4 that didn't mercy rule at 50-8 (was at 35 or so when I joined), went all the way to time

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Delete your accounts

It's really bad

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

the good fax machine posted:

I know there's a lot of controversy around shaders and all that, and I condemn Bungie and Activision for their lovely practices, but hot drat it is nice to be able to apply shaders to weapons now.

the controversy is loving dumb I already have like 100 shaders

by the time you have anything worth keeping you'll be loving swimming in them

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Like all of my Crucible ghosts tell me there's a higher chance of faction items dropping in Crucible games.

Man, I hope the only way to get faction rep is to kill dudes of the other factions in Crucible, Crucible really needs to be a bit more rewarding

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is trials even out yet? that was today, wasn't it?

I'm curious to see the reward structure and light level curve, I doubt it'll be worth trying to go flawless at 270 but I'll play some casual matches if I won't get hosed by the light level stuff

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Angry Walrus posted:

I'll stop using my MIDA when Bungie actually lets me see my radar when I unscope.

Roll a hunter

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ElNarez posted:

trials are goddamn horseshit, the worst parts of crucible times a thousand, plus the map and the mode loving suck

it's the goddamn opposite of fun, gently caress all of that

yeah this is how I generally feel about trials despite loving pvp, I'll still drag myself through it a few times to get da gunz then I'll go onto ignoring it

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

I'm not shedding a tear when the MIDI exotic gets nerfed because trials is a wasteland of that gun. Also they need to put in a timer for defusing/planting on the objective itself.

Trials is mostly MIDA land right now because the map is super good for scouts. the lanes have very little in the way of flank routes, it's basically Pantheon II, the revenge of the worst Trials map

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Menstrual Show posted:

Opinions on the best pvp fusion rifle?

Shock and Awe if you're an old hand at Fusion Rifles and are good at controlling recoil and managing its Plan C-esque perk, Main Ingredient otherwise

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

D2 is.......... good?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

99% of my issues with D2's loot would be fixed if there was three times more of it. Just like D1, people who start the game in Y2 are in for a treat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Finally got a Uriel's

Followed up, immediately, by another Uriel's :v: