Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

cant wait to dome people out of their various garbage melee supers :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

i'll die like 80% of the time

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

quote:

- You can fly with your ship in the loading screens some sort of minigame bullet storm shotenup

its crazy to me that namco had a patent on load screen minigames until 2015

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

poor life choice posted:

I hope Destiny 2 is good.

It will be good and fun until the first spreadsheet appears with ttk and rof comparisons full of spergy misery

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

smh if you've never whiffed an easy bomb

e: especially for a trials clutch

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Sorry that your brain eye coordination has some weird autistic stutter. The rest of us can see more than 24 fps

:thejoke:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mazerunner posted:

Or things like the small titan barrier that reloads when you crouch, we're not really taking advantage fully yet. A coordinated team with that and warlock rift can tear through a lot of health.

wait the reload trick from the low wall works for everyone in the fireteam and not just the titan that dropped it? If so I can see pairing that with the empowered rift will become standard damage phase in raids.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Ularg posted:

Found the one item you can interact with

You can also turn off the lights under the ship on the ground floor of the ship shack

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

If you wander out past the edges of the farm to the sides you hit an invisible wall, the back has the lake but the front past the soccer field has a 'turn back' kill zone with a ship waiting a little way out. Is that the way to enter the EDZ?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

a warthog?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

im sure that time travelling vex technology will let us go back and do all the D1 raids yet again at the new current light levels, just like the 'timewalking' (old content scaled up) thing that blizzard used in warcraft.

also I bought the tshirt :negative:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

quote:

Guided Games, finishing activities and playing according to the Guardian Oath lead to better scores

wtf is this?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

im the GUARDIAN OAF

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

actionjackson posted:

2) tricking some dude into getting knocked off the dick wall

I didnt even need to be tricked. That loving section was hands down the worst.

Getting pubbies to speak up and communicate made a lot of things way more frustrating than they needed to be. Having to hunt around for servitors to blast on Aksis because nobody was saying anything :argh:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Avalanche posted:

The big rear end red circle is a good start but it could use some hands and fingers.

the shape is kind of there i guess?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I dont understand if people seriously expect bungie to provide workarounds for stuff like empowered callouts without voice comms? Even if they used the most huge and obnoxious hud icons to mark stuff happening you still need someone to say 'ok i got left' or whatever

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

presumably you did it with chat the first couple times? Once everyone has it all down i imagine you could autopilot it from there on

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

because its hard to balance Interesting and Fun with avoiding a situation where certain guns become mandatory. you know in your heart that if a gun is demonstrably better than others in a situation or gives some kind of advantage you cant get from elsewhere (touch & spindle for example) then moon wizard autists start drawing up excel spreadsheets and using words like 'throughput' to justify why lazer gun X is a must-have and dont even try to get into my raid without it you goddamn nerd

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

this owns

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

someone get me a sparrow code from Target, tia

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

poor life choice posted:

Earnest question: what are all the bullshit product tie-ins that I could scoop up before Wed? Rockstar, Pop Tarts?

both give xp boosters and pop tarts from Target give a sparrow code

also pro name/post combo

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I hope you can keep that piece of poo poo first gun, the Russian auto rifle. I kept that the whole way (and the first set of ghost-made armor) for no reason.

you could upgrade the khvostov into an exotic. Still got my box of raisins though

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

:discourse:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

are there any xbone chums using the discord or should I just sign up to the bone krew slack?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Clan stuff has gone live - hit up Hawthorn to get your sweet goon poop sock clan banner

e: you have to relog to make it pop

kecske fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 8, 2017

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the gun sounds are mostly good (scathelock :swoon: ) but the rocket launchers dont have the satisfying whoosh that they used to.

i really need to find some resource marker ghosts, hunting around for data lattice for the challenge on Io without one was heinous

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tei posted:

What a warlock drags to a team other damage? warlocks don't have a team oriented feature.

Rifts are cool but years of being yelled at not to stand in poo poo on the floor has discouraged pubbies from using my damage boosts.

Warlock jump is slightly better than D1 I think but still reminds me of the garbage bag blowing in the wind scene from American Beauty.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

haveblue posted:

Where are the servitors in the EDZ? It seems almost impossible to find them wandering around and I haven't had much luck finding the ether resupply event either.

The round courtyard in the north-east of Outskirts has an event that spawns a big servitor that periodically summons a bunch of small ones, enough to get the 5 kill challenge.

I dont know if this was ever the case in D1, but when you encounter some fluff story item in the world and the ghost symbol appears in the top right of the screen, if you pull your ghost out it will pivot and look directly at whatever it is that it detected.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There's a fish that's like, building sized outside the window on Titan when you're under sea level

https://i.imgur.com/tINqPuw.gifv

e:

kecske fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 10, 2017

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

89 posted:

Now what?

Now do it two more times

Linx posted:

I’m glad it’s not just me, I was getting major halo vibes during that mission to blow up the sun cannon

Its a law that all modern fps feature a 'run across an exploding bridge' segment. No spoilertags because who cares

kecske fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 12, 2017

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I dont know if im going crazy but on the screen where your ship descends towards a planet after coming out of the warp animation I swear theres a windows error noise playing in the ambient sound (this is on xbone).

I keep forgetting about it until I hear it each time.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tei posted:

They posted that the game will be up at 12 PM, then later they posted the server up at 2 PM.

I am starting to realize that theres no Destiny for me today.

same for me

EUROPEAN DEAD ZOOOOOOONE

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

acumen posted:

This is what it boils down to when you're experienced and know what you're doing. Getting to that point takes a lot of learning though. And jesus the empowered/not empowered clusterfuck was frustrating as gently caress when it first released.

the best was getting 2 guys call out empowered left and then neither one reacting to the double stack and both just standing there.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Writing a quick lfg post on 100.io or whatever and crackin on to shoot some fat space dudes is a lot less effort than making many posts about destiny needing an auto matching tool.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Been having a lot of fun with Uriels in the scrub tiers of crucible. Did the milestones and had a good laugh when Control came up in quickplay and my whole team ran straight to A (we spawned by it) and dumbly stood there for a sec until we noticed A and C come pre-capped. Fast times for garbage players.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Are those scorecards from an app?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm trying to do but I'm getting so mad. :negative:

My warlock is currently dumped at level 7 on Titan, because I cannot make one of the jumps just beyond the first Hive encounter. No matter what version of the jump glide I take, my warlock always falls short and I plunge into the sea. The complete lack of vertical travel is killing me, literally.

Take the height boost jump, always sprint and always double tap jump. Theres no reason ever to not just rapid double tap the jump, and warlocks need forward momentum more than anyone else.

I think you're on xbone so add me (Brixton Regular) theres usually a few of us running on GMT or euro time. Last night our group of thumbless malcontents managed Rat King with seconds to spare with a ~260 group.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

being bad at videogames I never did the raid last week but now the milestone I had for it is gone?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Javes posted:

What about, let's say, jump *over* the shield?

just blink through it? assuming of course you're a warlock, the greatest and best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Thumbtacks posted:

So does the kill tracker ghost actually track kills? I assume it does but I can't find it either way.

you can pick it up from Shaxx at 16? I think.