Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probably Magic posted:

The whole loving point of campaigning in the primaries is to pander to the base, and she can't even "grasp" that.

You need to remember that Hillary Clinton has no base. She won an election once, in the safest blue seat in the country, and that was explicitly given to her by the Democrats to prep her for a Presidential run. The political career of Hillary Clinton is entirely a creation of the Democratic establishment and their financial backers.

Clinton literally owes the voters nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Democrats are significantly to the right of literally Dr. Doom

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

What makes you think she cares about anything else?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

i'm absolutely not going back over either election's primary calendar, but i have a vague recollection of doing so at the time in 2016 when it was all but over and seeing that obama basically had it on lockdown around the same time

Clinton literally said she was sticking in the race in case somebody killed Obama

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm not going to click those because I don't wanna know what it'll do to my youtube recommnded videos

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Am I too late for the hentai?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Reminder that he suspended his campaign because a POW/MIA conman convinced him Bush had hired operatives to disrupt his daughter's wedding with doctored photographs of her engaging in hardcore lesbian sex.

Post pics.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think I'd have a more favorable opinion of her if her name was Norgay Clinton

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

How did you get lovely VHS rips of a TV show from 2015?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spring Break My Heart posted:

there is legitimate gwb revisionism, both from the democrat base and from hillary herself. contrast with her regret over the iraq vote lol

She was tricked! You can't blame Clinton for voting for the Iraq War, that silver-tongued devil George W. Bush clouded her mind and fooled her senses with his elaborately constructed deceit.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan posted:

R. Guyovich will be gulaged for shutting down the bad dem zone, uspol is loving insufferable on so many levels

if you did gulag R. Guyovich he'd defend you for it forever

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jazerus posted:

you're right we find poo poo that's way worse

https://i.imgur.com/vvOoqcx.gifv

Who is that guy? I recognized some of the other people from Fight Song as actual celebrities, but no idea on that dude

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan posted:

He's quite famous.

Please don't defame the good name of Beeker Honeydew

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lawman 0 posted:

Debating is ok as long as both people don't lose their cool. Being meltdown mountain is bad though

That's the worst thing. Being pro calm debate means that you end up having a calm discussion with nazis about whether or not homosexuals should be executed. gently caress debate

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The first post is D&D, the second one is me

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

Just got a Bernie email fundraising for Ben Jealous

I don't live in Maryland, should I throw him :10bux: anyway? Note that I have more money than sense

Absolutely, the Blade Runner score is amazing

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I forget, was Clinton claiming to be opposed to TPP by the convention, or did that happen later?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

etalian posted:

Also lance armstrong never owned slaves

And Lance Armstrong ran an actual charity that didn't immediately collapse when it's founder's career ended

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Not sure what it is supposed to be, but I like the idea for a halloween costume.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

gradenko_2000 posted:

There's like zero chance Doug Jones is going to snap up the Alabama Senate seat, right?

The guy who played the fishman in Hellboy?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I refuse to believe that's real.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

it's amazing how Bernie and Hillary are literally the Goofus and Gallant of politics, and realizing how loving insane the Bernie v. Trump debates would have been as Trump would have gotten loving obliterated on live television

Trump wouldn't won if not for the fact that literally every opponent he faced at every stage of the election was a loathsome political mud monster no one would ever want to interact with

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serf posted:

pretty much, yeah. they would be of a level of technological sophistication that resistance would be useless, but they could also be so advanced that they have no need of anything we got

Bullshit you don't know that. What if they spread by spores on asteroids? Huh, what then?

Yeah, you don't know poo poo about aliens

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

christ this is deranged even by daou standards, what will this dude’s podcast be like

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/916821123647537152

I just got three really good ideas for custom Blood Bowl teams

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

etalian posted:

Hillary for Space Colony Despot

Hillary and the evil woman from Elysium have a lot in common. Wears pantsuits, doesn't think poor people should have healthcare, was destroyed by a deranged man she thought she could control

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I did not know, I did not. Oh hi Bill.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah i just dont get what the loving buy-in for hillbots is/was. bernie was going to save america and trump was going to gently caress over every (brown) person his supporters blamed for theirwoes. what the gently caress was so exciting about hillary

Somebody explained it as a lot of middle/upper class women could see themselves in Clinton. The competent, tough woman held back by a lovely husband, sexist assholes, not getting the respect she deserved, etc.

For beltway types, Clinton had somehow managed to create the image of herself as as the ultimate decorum observing competent technocrat. The centrist manager who could apolitically run the country

Those were the two prongs of her campaign, the Nasty Woman, breaking the glass ceiling stuff, and the "The Most Qualified Candidate in History" stuff

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
mods quick on the title change today

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

why did they draw her in front of the white house

did they make this a year ago and were too lazy to update it after she lost

She lived in the White House! Her husband was president! That's impressive, she married a very important man. And he even let her help a little, and then didn't even get mad when she messed it up!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

etalian posted:

Probably will be Kamala Harris since she's a dream pick for their donor class.

I know that it's bad to be a single issue voter, but I think I've come to the decision that I won't vote for any candidate who is pro-slavery. I know, I know, purity tests are bad, but I just don't think we should support candidates who are on the record arguing that slavery is good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm hoping you guys can clarify something for me. They're saying on the news that the Clinton campaign paid for the research that found the piss tape. Is that true? And if so, doesn't that mean Clinton knew about the piss tape months before the election?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

docbeard posted:

She wasn't even the worst politician who ran for the Democratic nomination in 2016.

I bet you wouldn't say that to Webb's face. He killed a man. Directly, like with his hands, not indirectly, like the thousands of people killed by Clinton when she was Secretary of State

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Hillary supported Trump's nomination because she thought he would be the easiest to beat and would give her the most congresspeople

Boy did she gently caress that one up!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I think she was actually right, and he did the worst against her any of the nominees would have

It's really hard to say, because Clinton vs Jeb! or Clinton vs Rubio would've loving destroyed the record for lowest voter participation.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope she runs, I'm so loving excited to hear all of our complaints about her foreign policy positions parroted back by disingenuous liberals!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

comedyblissoption posted:

keep in mind also the masses of laborers dedicated to simply imprisoning people as well who are not allocated to otherwise productively pursue other occupations. this includes the masses of lawyers, suppliers, judges, clerks, law enforcement, security personnel, construction workers, maintenance workers, etc.

Yeah, if it weren't for the prison industrial complex, the people who are currently prison guards would be free to be toll booth operators, bouncers at dog tracks, or professional spouse abusers.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That is the most important thing I've heard a Democratic* politician say in my lifetime

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys have seen this painting before

It's been on Christmas cards, it illustrates the traditional American Thanksgiving, it's chintzy Americana bullshit.

That painting is called Freedom From Want. It was part of a series of four paintings Norman Rockwell did to illustrate a speech given by President Roosevelt. In that speech Roosevelt laid out the four freedoms all human beings should have. Freedom of speech, freedom of worship, freedom from want, and freedom from fear.

Freedom From Want doesn't just illustrate a traditional American scene, it illustrates a goal, a principle. That everyone in the world should have enough to secure "a healthy peacetime life". And that wasn't some far off vision, some meaningless statement of morals. That was an immediate goal. One that the US government should act to make happen.

Most politicians nowadays will at least pay lip service to the other three freedoms. But freedom from want hasn't just been forgotten, it's been loving buried. That quote from Bernie Sanders is the first time in my entire life I've seen a politician talk about freedom from want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Muppets On PCP posted:

from the replies. not really sure what their angle is here

have you watched any tv lately?

To this day, I still think the "frat boy" stereotype of Bernie supporters is the most inexplicable thing from the 2016 election

• Locked thread