Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Javid posted:

I love how Kerry is recognizable, but Bush is like the most generic exaggerated portrait of a tough man who makes hard decisions, to the point of cariacature. He looks like a bobblehead of a famous football coach.

I thought it was Pence at first, because of the squinting I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

this one was better:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1033538876370046977

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hasn’t Italy suffered enough?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GalacticAcid posted:

certainly not

tough crowd

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

integras

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

zegermans posted:

is Australia the country that lost a prime minster to the rip tide

and then named an aquatic centre after him, I believe

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

and Cheney

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pick posted:

"like she would be if transported to modern times" is a pretty weird stance to have to rely on to hate on or dismiss someone :psyduck:

especially when the condemnation is both apparently speculative and unmoored in time

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

straight up TERF, huh

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

StashAugustine posted:

i think he's joking?

rather

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

this is one of my top 10 favourite things on the Internet ever, up there with the bitcoin cruise article

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DiggityDoink posted:

stupid 16th century rules

I thought the electoral college was an American invention. where did they borrow it from?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Chuka Umana posted:

So just like RoboCop where they made robocop unable to arrest any of the executives of the company that made him

wait....

that's basically why Mueller didn't indict Trump

wow

I think the biggest reason is that Mueller didn’t have the power to indict people himself.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

spacemang_spliff posted:

An MMORPG which ended up being a single player xbox game

Nope, an MMO that ended up being nothing. The game they released came pretty much complete with the purchase of BHG, and just had a coat of lore-paint slapped on it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GWBBQ posted:

won't release his tax returns because he's hiding the fact that he's not actually a billionaire

tax returns show income and not wealth, though?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TheKennedys posted:

It wasn't a completely godawful game, just kinda unfinished on a visceral level and reminiscent of star citizen in that 80% of the promised product never actually happened. It was ultimately a released, playable RPG in the end but Schilling couldn't help but run the company itself into the ground before it got to any of the promised "good stuff".

no, they bought the single-player RPG along with the studio that made it (BHG?) and reskinned it with The Lore. the MMO stuff they built themselves, I believe codenamed Copernicus, never amounted to poo poo

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GWBBQ posted:

then look for correlations between actual buyers and the target market, and oh gently caress, i got marketing brainworms from reading it, didn't i?

yeah, sorry friend

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

zoomers are rickrolling each other over classroom video this very month, so I think you’ll find that Ms Pelosi is in fact of the cultural vanguard

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

vyelkin posted:

I think zoomers say "hello old friend" to rickroll the same way we do to goatse

I had a pretty anodyne conversation with my 12yo about goatse and lemonparty, but if/when her principal asks I’m denying everything nonetheless

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GWBBQ posted:

i feel like this is like the Bill Nye versus Ken Ham debate in that it's a lot more enjoyable hearing people make vague references to it than to actually watch it.

I felt this way after reading the game day thread in real time, and decided to test my theory by watching the video a few days later. you’re fine. watching Peterson state inexplicably doe-eyed at Zizek is amusing, but not worth the psychic price of admission.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m trying to think of a car with trunk that I’ve seen recently in which lying prone in the trunk and back seat wouldn’t result in your shot being blocked by the lower lip of the trunk. so far, no dice!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Your boss was an ice-cream?

that’s a Neapolitan. a napolean is an anti-inflammatory drug

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

vyelkin posted:

I think you mean Obama and Gorsuch, since Ted Cruz wasn't a senator until 2013.

was Obama having trouble getting Democrat senators to confirm Gorsuch? “nominate a Republican and the Republicans will confirm them, ho ho” doesn’t seem like much of a bon mot either, so I’m confused

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

muscles like this! posted:

The "best" part of CEO culture is how even if you get fired for gross incompetence, running the company into the ground or some other legal issue you still get paid millions of dollars. Carly Fiorina almost completely ruined HP and she still got paid $21 million after being forced out. loving ridiculous.

this is really only true at the top levels of industry. the vast majority of CEOs are running much smaller shows, and only subject a few dozen/hundred people to their petty tyranny at a time.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Filthy Hans posted:

I didn't know for a few hours if hers was one of the kamikaze planes

jesus

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

failing New York Times

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Proust Malone posted:

not a school?

not a public one, at least, and rarely considered crappy

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Marx Was A Lib posted:

Yeah but then everyone knows that the library in the western quad was a bribe for your failspawn's admittance.

nah, you could opt out of that, not that these people would

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

El_Elegante posted:

oh, does the UK’s jurisdiction extend to Greece?

enough about the Elgin Marbles already

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Prurient Squid posted:

"customer service"

l

mao

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GYWO was so good

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

zegermans posted:

boys don't get pregnant

not with that attitude!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tesseraction posted:

and when everyone started laughing about it his wife went to the media and said it was not funny, every single breath gave him great pain, which made us all laugh harder

I bet she didn’t like the suggestion that he stop breathing, either. some people just can’t be pleased

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

moist turtleneck posted:

this strangely deleted tweet

I thought that was deleted because of the missing “can’t” before “get”, but this is funnier.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Buttchocks posted:

Remember when Google loudly boasted that they were going to build a huge fleet of blimps to provide free wifi for developing nations across the globe, then suddenly decided it would cost too much and quietly cancelled the project?

they did try for basically a decade, which is a long time for them

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

abuela?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

christmas boots posted:

honestly if she’d just said that she carried around hot sauce because everywhere she goes restaurants only have really lovely hot sauce so she’s just bringing her own that she likes I would have respected her more.

my understanding is that she has been carrying hot sauce in her purse for decades. someone posted or tweeted an article from Little Rock times about it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kazzah posted:

someone proposed a girl’s education charity called “grab her by the brain”

Jesus Christ

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Spergin Morlock posted:

why does his hair look like a pile of pennies?

Augustus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

paul_soccer12 posted:

who tf is slashie

Tiny Brontosaurus, Paul. Please try to keep up.