Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

oh my god

If you told me ten years ago that there would be a goon or goon-adjacent in the US Congress in TYOOL 2018, I'd laugh nonstop, but well here we are.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The_Donald Arizona is lost Edition
These rule, seeing chuds wallow in misery is always a nice pick-me-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

theblackw0lf posted:

I swear I've learned more about the nitty gritty in how congress works just by following AOC's tweets these past few weeks then I've learned in the past decade.
Yeah I agree, seeing the inside workings for some sorta-arcane stuff be put right out into the open instead of being brushed aside like normal is really refreshing. It's also interesting to see the raw numbers/data for everything. I hope (and expect) she'll continue to do this.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Unormal posted:

Jesus loving christ was this literally like 10 pages of "actually obama (dems) bad"?
It's just the Usual Suspects playing some stuff off their upcoming more experimental album versus the Greatest Hits the audience was expecting.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Koalas Massacre posted:

For free I will make a video telling goons not to give Milo any loving money goddamn
What do I get for the tier in-between this one and the "personalized white devil video"?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Gonna be a whole lot of legal name changes in ~18 years.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Krispy Wafer posted:

Is this thread full of 12 year olds?

We’re seriously debating whether lawyers have a right to earn a good living or whether someone’s political beliefs can be used to deny them due process?

Freeps make more sense that some people in this thread.
It's been a slow day.

I can only assume we're under an hour from the dreaded foodchat.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

citybeatnik posted:

At least when we had to chip in to buy our own warships we got loving Ol' Ironsides out of it. The gently caress is this poo poo?
Oldest commissioned warship in the world! It's definitely worth a tour if you're in Boston and like that kinda thing.

I didn't realize Gowdy got the boot too in the latest elections; pretty sweet.

Also, this is totally a morning-after walk-of-shame picture, but Congress-style.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

pseudanonymous posted:

It goes on and on, just like the bible, about how you should kill those who do not believe
This is essentially indistinguishable from a post on the_donald, Freep, etc.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Who WOULD be Majority Leader if McConnell hadn't won re-election? I assume it would be like Orrin Hatch (pre-retirement) or Grassley.
From a bit back, but MIA is a hugely important airport for international travel, particularly from the southern hemisphere. It's not just confined to there apparently, I heard a friend flying into FLL (about 30 minutes north) had an insanely long Customs line today. I can't imagine what it's like at MIA.

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1084228372811730944
jesus christ

As a result, U.S. officials said there is no detailed record, even in classified files, of Trump’s face-to-face interactions with the Russian leader at five locations over the past two years. Such a gap would be unusual in any presidency, let alone one that Russia sought to install through what U.S. intelligence agencies have described as an unprecedented campaign of election interference.
This, uh, seems big.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

FizFashizzle posted:

Thune or Cornyn.
I assumed it ran on a semi-seniority kinda deal, so I figured they would get the nod over junior-but-sorta-prominent Senators. I assume it's weighted more towards a horse trading affair then.

Also, Pat Leahy has been in the Senate since 1975, Jesus Christ..

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Peacoffee posted:

Biden: His Time
Palin comparison.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Grondoth posted:

He only bought 4 pizzas.

The Mcdonalds he got was 2 for 5.

The Wendy's was from the value menu.

I cannot get over this
Wait, four pizzas? Four? For an entire football team & associates? That's not even enough for like, a minor family gathering or nerdy game night.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Skippy McPants posted:

She's also not quite the firebrand Ocasio-Cortez is shaping up to be. Which isn't to say her messaging isn't excellent, she comes across as very sincere and heartfelt, and that photo of her and her Dad on her way to being sworn in was the most American I've seen in a long time. She just doesn't so in as much for the sick twitter burns.
It's great that all of the new class of DSA/adjacent reps have different-yet-overlapping twitter styles. Plenty of room for all of them (also they're all very good at it)!

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

GreyjoyBastard posted:

how this may relate to my gilliboosting is left as an exercise for the reader
Speaking of: https://twitter.com/SenGillibrand/status/1085318564968521728

mcmagic posted:

Can you imagine if someone in the AOC mold (like a Lee Carter) takes out a D senator in a primary? That would be a loving earthquake....
Let's fill out the dream tickets:
2020:
Carter over Warner (clear upgrade)
Tlaib over Gary Peters? (no idea about his positions)
Omar over Tina Smith?? (same as above)
Pressley over Markey (not a bad guy, but getting a bit long in the tooth)

2022:
Barbara Lee over Harris (I assume they're on friendly terms, but it would still be great)
AOC over Schumer (the greatest win of all)

(Also looking at things, in the extremely-hypothetical universe where Obama wins Dick Durbin's seat, could he then not be elected President Pro Tem, or would he just be skipped? I am fully aware this is a silly procedural rules question).

Zero_Grade fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 16, 2019

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Stereotype posted:

That commercial is so loving good, it is “the carousel” levels of amazing marketing. It almost rebrands them entirely in a pretty profound way, and might actually make me buy their product.
I think we need more marketing of Carrousel, personally.

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I have at least 10 in my house
Watch out, with posts like that the administration will be trying to contact you for a Cabinet position.

Zero_Grade fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jan 16, 2019

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I love how the Congressional buildings are apparently some gigantic non-Euclidean maze.

luxury handset posted:

e: he was invited to the 2018 state of the union as a guest of rep. matt gaetz? i can only assume gaetz is also incredibly dumb for some reason
Gaetz is easily one of the dumbest members of Congress. He'd probably be in the running for #1, buuut Gohmert is still around.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Gatts posted:

My proposal for the Middle East is to give the Palestinians to Canada and send the Israelis to Australia then glass that area or turn it into an amusement park/museum called Holy Land and the profits from tickets sold will go to charitable causes.

Ripoff posted:

We could even have characters of all the religious deities have a parade around the park before engaging in a “Medieval Times” style dinner tournament where they’ll beat each other senseless to determine the realest religion.
Well, there is The Holy Land Experience, located a few miles from Disney World. From what I hear from the few brave friends who have gone, it's well-done but pretty bonkers. They sadly do not appear to have battle reenactments though (missed opportunity, imo).

Otteration posted:

CDC: MAGA Disease (MAGA) is a rare and deadly disease in people and (mostly) nonhuman primates. The viruses that cause MAGA are located mainly in rural US populations with no hope at all, because of MAGA. People can get MAGA through direct contact with an infected animal (fox or twitter critter) or a sick or dead website or podcast infected with MAGA virus.

There is no approved vaccine or treatment for MAGA. Research on MAGA focuses on finding the virus’ natural host, developing vaccines to protect at-risk populations, and discovering therapies to improve treatment of the disease.
Sounds like the framework for a SCP article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Otteration posted:

As this thread soon dies, taxes on its estate are inevitable:

"In freezing temperatures, my fellow Romanians will not back down and are back on the streets for the 3rd day in a row. As of now, there are more than 200,000 people out on the streets all around the country. Despite pressure from the European Commission, European Parliament and EU member states, the Government will not give up their corruption decrees. No matter what your view of Romania is, I believe the Romanian people deserve respect and encouragement for standing up against such a corrupt state."

"300 000 people protesting a corrupt government which wanted to pass a law that decriminalized abuse of power and abuse of office."

That's a lot of drat people.