Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

MizPiz posted:

Trump's doing the parade because, after being filtered through his dementia, he thinks one of the journalists he had a petty feud with said he couldn't organize one

I meant, what did the journalist actually say, and what did trump say about his desire for the parade that shows he thinks that?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Memento posted:

Well Nick has also been a fair bit of a shithead for most of his career as well. At any rate, more good stuff:

I never saw this, but would love to know what he's talking about. The villains are qanon? Or preppers? Or Christians?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

xtal posted:

What other pronunciation is there?

It's pronounced "Michelin"

Efb: well I feel foolish

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

The text on the document in the image is Hebrew, but the text in the tweet is not. (Arabic?). Odd. I wonder why...

E: unless the document is Arabic written in Hebrew characters for some reason?

I'm not an expert in the history of that region, but that wouldn't be surprising. For large portions of history, Hebrew was a liturgical language used only for prayer and scripture. Jews would learn to read and write Hebrew for the purpose of reading scripture but would speak the local language for purposes other than prayer. Oftentimes literacy in the local language is not widespread, leading Jews to use the Hebrew alphabet when writing in other languages. This has led to the formation Jewish dialects which adapt a language to more suit the alphabet through the use of hebrew phonemes and loanwords, like Yiddish and Ladino.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Inceltown posted:

He was talking about the TayTay account. The rest are Gaga stans.

And I thought they meant the one who got kidnapped rather than arrested!

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

John Lee posted:

aaah clockwise and counterclockwise have no inherent left or right to them, it's a confusing saying that only adds to the chaos

Turn to your right. Now turn to your left. If you were a screw, which way would have screwed you into the floor?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Inceltown posted:

Chuck Norris jokes? Like jokes about that cigarette company? That's a bit dark.

That's Phillip Morris. Chuck Norris played Hank in breaking bad.

thepopmonster posted:

No, that's a mad fella. You're thinking of the tool that lets you slice vegetables into thin strips.

No that's a mandolin, the false memory phenomenon is called mancala

Blackula Vs. Tarantula has a new favorite as of 03:24 on Jun 29, 2022

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Captain Monkey posted:

no you're thinking of the type of beef used in hamburgers.

That's ground chuck. He doesn't want to spend five pages talking about groundhogs

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

generic one posted:

The Count has Twitter. This has been going on for a while. No retweets, no likes, just counting. This is what dedication looks like.

https://twitter.com/countvoncount/status/1561108532837089280?s=21&t=8mM2fVNbANUJta1r1cmPCA

https://twitter.com/countvoncount/status/626049313014157312?s=21&t=8mM2fVNbANUJta1r1cmPCA

https://twitter.com/CountVonCount/status/212181595631796224?s=20&t=mMbtEoMggsPpzxp0bTYBLQ

https://twitter.com/CountVonCount/status/863525239392808965?s=20&t=qXXeaZfSPUqSN5b3le5sFw

https://twitter.com/CountVonCount/status/884508302415187969?s=20&t=0qdVis7db2hBPCpurk0K-w

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I don't know whether I missed something but i am at the second episode of that rings of power show and the intro doesn't look anything like in that tweet

https://twitter.com/reactjpg/status/1403600829559369728?s=20&t=ZMaMHiLNl711i4wiT4tV6Q

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Ror posted:

If you didn't do it on that off-white horizontal paper with the color guidelines, did you even really learn how to write?

The school I work in has the lines labeled with little pictures, sky, plane, grass, worm. It's easier to verbally correct a kids handwriting since the lines have names. "A capital V goes all the way from the sky line to the grass line," "a lower case g has to reach all the way to the worm line" etc.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

closed casket funeral isn't just a euphemism, though?
they do it all the time when the corpse isn't "photogenic" enough for the mortician to do it up with some formaldehyde and makeup and get it looking fresh / just-like-new
e.g. when someone dies in a car crash

I really want to know what he thinks closed casket funeral is a euphemism for

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Cleretic posted:

Pretty sure I've heard stuff like 'make it a clised-casket funeral' in media in reference to killing someone violently more often than I've heard talk of actual closed-casket funerals.

Pretty sure all the funerals I've been to were closed-casket, though, so either open-casket just isn't a thing in Australia or all my grandparents died in shootouts and nobody told me.

The italicized "literal" in your post confused me, since even in that euphemistic sense there is still a literal closed casket funeral afterwards. It seemed like you thought a closed casket funeral was an unusual circumstance or something.

I've been to open casket funerals, they are just as bizarre and unsettling as you are imagining.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

1stGear posted:

Like, was it a genderbent Zangief cosplayer or was MTG a beard

It was a male zangief cosplayer, with whom female mtg cheated on her male husband. No genderbending or bearding

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Dareon posted:

:ohdear: My brain just spiralled a bit thinking of how bad a topic you can talk about under the umbrella of "human biodiversity." Positively, I'm picturing someone going "I love banging foreigners. Black folks, Asian folks, Mexican folks, even the darker kinds of Canadians, I collect them like Pokemon."

Mostly though, I realize it's got to be about "We're, ah, discussing the negative impacts, of, ah, human biodiversity, which is why my daughter is not allowed to date anyone who rates 3 or higher on the Munsell Color Standard for Frozen French Fried Potatoes."

Haha, nope! They love human biodiversity, which is why they are anti-miscegenation! You see, currently there's people of all different races. But if those races interbreed, then they dilute that diversity. So they believe people should only associate within there own race, but it's not because they are racist, they just don't want the races to lose what is unique and special about them by blending. It's closely tied with ethno-nationalism, because once you have this idea, it's clear that nations make the perfect borders for these races. So every country should kick out everyone who doesn't belong to their dominant race, Germans stay in Germany, Jews stay in Israel, etc. This idea never extends to white people leaving America to Native Americans, because it is actually an elaborate deflection from their obvious racism.

The whole point is to give plausible deniability to the racist things they do and say, so nothing about it can be negative. They love Black people! And how black they are! And they love Africa! So black people shouldn't associate with white people, because it would make them less black, and they should go back to Africa, not because they are racist but because the slave trade was a terrible evil that separated people from their homelands and should be reversed. In fact you are the real racist for disagreeing.

To be clear none of this is anything I believe I am just explaining the racism, which I hate.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula has a new favorite as of 01:38 on Oct 24, 2022

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Blackula is clearly reading different HBD blogs than me because the ones I know of are just thinly veiled scientific racism from internet "rationalist" / "dark enlightenment" peeps and never said anything about loving black people.
Yknow "im not racist, it's just simple phrenology genetics that those people are lower IQ".

There was a big thing where prominent rationalist blogger Scott Alexander aka Scott Siskind aka Slatestarcodex was secretly big into scientific racism / HBD and friends with lots of alt-right racists behind the scenes. After the New York Times ran an article about him, an ex-acquaintance leaked an email chain leaked where he talked about being a scientific-racism true believer but trying to go light on that stuff stuff so he could slowly expose his audience to it and radicalize his readers without scaring them off.

and since this is pyf tweets have it in tweet form (the tweet thread has since been deleted):

I've probably specifically seen the stupidest expressions of this movement because my exposure to it is almost entirely people making fun of them.

To be clear, no one believes them about not hating other races, not even themselves, it's just an exercise in plausible deniability.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

If he wants to eliminate a system of lords and peasants, Twitter users should be allowed to vote on who gets a check, with verified users keeping their check for a few years and then it going to vote again. A check republic

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

Gen X erased again. :(

Gen X humor: [removed because you can't tell jokes anymore. People are too sensitive now comedy has to have a victim. Comedy is dead because people get mad at a half hour string of slurs. If it isn't making you mad it isn't comedy]

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Beeswax posted:

And yet this post appears mad. Curious!

I wasn't being fair, there are lots of funny gen xers, like Dave Chappelle, Louis CK, Carlos Mencia, Dane Cook, Chris Delia, Russell Brand, Chris Hardwick...

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

I have eaten wild boar and it was delicious, and did not taste like urine, sweat, or feces. Are there geographic differences? Or was the meat I ate from females? Or something else?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

rain dogs posted:

more like the pearly whites lmao

Just add ", pearly" after "the whites" and it's the perfect card

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Read After Burning posted:

Do other countries have their version of Waffle House (a chain restaurant with many locations serving crap diner-type food and known for being open late and fistfights more than the actual food quality)? Or is it just like, "the local pub" or something?

What I am asking is, do people throw hands at the Tim Hortons?

Waffle house food is good. I've had better breakfast food at local diners but I've also had much worse

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

This is technically a Youtube comment, but eh, it got a genuine :lol: out of me.

https://twitter.com/giseIIe1/status/1608129449215643650

For those of us who have no idea what you are talking about, can you share pictures? I'm always happy to see a Gundam suit

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Atticus_1354 posted:

And what about this advertisement looks like that instead of the meaning it's had for years and years? Blaming everything on nameless faceless chuds just makes me think people don't remember the point of the boy who cried wolf.

I think what people mean is that, while groom has meant attend to hygiene and appearance, or prepare for sexual exploitation, for years, recently people on the far right have expanded it so much they use it to refer to anything they don't like, much like woke. Expanding the meaning so aggressively muddies the water to the point that even an add for hair clippers seems questionable.

And considering how many figures on the far right turn out to actually be sexual groomers, this is at least partly intentional

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Been having fun calling the angry reply guys in this thread pedophiles, highly recommend

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Can someone explain this?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Mister Speaker posted:

My roommate prefers watching movies and TV shows with TruMotion enabled. When my TV was in the shared space I was constantly having to disable it.

Lol found your roommate

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Morpheus posted:

Completely unsurprised that he came from SA.

I didn't know dril was on something awful and thought you were saying you aren't surprised Musk is from South Africa

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Killingyouguy! posted:

Fuckin lmao that the ROM made that list of scifi infrastructure, Im pretty sure the architect of the weird glass parasite regrets the design and it's also slowly pulling the old building out of the ground due to gravity

You think it doesn't belong in a list of things that seem like science fiction because it is a glass parasite that rips buildings out of the ground with gravity, and its creator regrets its creation?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Loved all the people pointing out that the way better design that is in basically every classroom in the nation was invented by a black guy too.

By the time I saw the Nazi pencil sharpener tweets they were already hidden and I have been wondering what pencil sharpener they were talking about

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

The solution isn't to shorten squirrel to squirl but to elongate girl into girrel

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

i was watching some interviews about the movie Nope the other day and was introduced to the idea of the "Bad Miracle."

Everyone should watch Nope, it's really good

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

repiv posted:

https://twitter.com/kurominah/status/1578520291424116736

those sounds aren't there in the EVO video though, can they mix it so that the accessibility sounds come through his headphones but not through the main feed?

I'm not blind but I have to imagine they play through headphones, otherwise 2 people who both need them couldn't play against each other

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Does anyone know why dril's display name is x now? Or the history of all his name changes in general? I know at first he was changing his name to make his blue checkmark disappear but don't know anything else

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Vagina awareness smile... It's the perfect username

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

I figure it's grasping for an explanation of why they aren't getting laid. That conveniently avoids any self reflection or accountability.

This is way too generous of a reading, it's a deliberate attempt to gaslight women into hating their faces. Jarvis Johnson talks about it in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d83P_dxy1XA
Relevant part at 7:23

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

My partner told his Reddit-loving coworker that I'm a goon, and he apparently wrinkled his nose and said "Something Awful? Aren't they, like, a bunch of neo-Nazis?" :lol:

When they hear "something awful" most people think "never heard of it" but the ones that have think of the same thing you think of when you hear "4chan"

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Samovar posted:

Track and field/poetry combined as one event like chessboxing.

Bodybuilding, stunt choreography, and slam poetry combined as one event. If we call it "modern triathlon" instead of "pro wrestling" we can trick people into thinking it is a sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Can someone who can view this post post a screenshot of it?

Edit: lol

Blackula Vs. Tarantula has a new favorite as of 16:53 on Mar 5, 2024