Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

also ground floor etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

Here I made you a thing:

have they made the tiny fighter on constellation work out of said constellation yet, or is it still a paperweight in there?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Per usual...what does your heart say?

that constellation is missing an orange mark on that picture :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i don't really doubt chris actually did program wc1, back then a bit of game coding knowledge and some pixel art was all it took to make a basic game, and wc1 was not actually 3d with models and poo poo like elite/xwing etc. at 21 any nerd with a few weeks of time can probably do that, and then it's just a question of getting some artists to make sprites and pictures that'll actually sell.

hell, pixel art indie games still sell in that way today. indie isn't good enough for the spacesim genious christ motherfucking roberts tho, gotta do tripple AAA

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

The Super-Id posted:

Very sorry to hear the news. This world keeps losing good things and Star Citizen will never arrive to fill the void in our hearts.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
someone forward this to valve, index poo poo has been perpetually sold out, i'm sure gaben is going to be real pleased to see a guy hoarding this poo poo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

OK maybe $1400?

I have a 1080 TI now which should be decent enough and the headsets are what $600?

i'm on a 980ti and most vr games work fine, 1080ti is fine

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
5v5 is fine. for the guys asking about what's needed to run this poo poo:
minimum:
Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon RX 480 or Equivalent
Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 1060 or Equivalent
recommended:
Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon RX 570 or Equivalent
Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 1070 or Equivalent

vr capable gpus are pretty cheap these days.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
EA did learn a big lesson from christ robets tho: The only thing they showed so far is a stupid live action trailer, and all the screenshots are just screenshots from that.

There's no gameplay, not even any bullshots, just a big cinematic trailer lmao.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Thoatse posted:

Sea kelp? On pizza? Dude WTF is wrong with you

hell yeah konbu pizza

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

i remember lauhging and saying "4 more years" in 2016, thinking that'd never happen, surely the train will have hit the bridge by then

realtalk tho, 8 more years

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

colonelwest posted:

All I can think of when I look at their stupid bird ships is this...

please don't compare this insanely good movie to star citizen

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mu77ley posted:

https://www.polygon.com/features/2021/2/4/22264605/elite-dangerous-newbies-trapped-forced-labor

"Elite Dangerous is a mile wide but an inch dee... wait a minute. How did I just get enslaved and forced to work against my will for pirates?"

lmfao which one of you is this

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
if you get your reputation for the outcasts up so they talk to you, it turns out the other guys sabotaged hispania when the arks launched, so they're the only good guys in the story lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lmao $295/customer, i think that's good even by gacha standards

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Chronojam posted:

Didn't old EVE had space billboards with that effect

the old eve billboards owned, they were just big double-sided CRTs floating in space lmfao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lol is that tom&jerry playing

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

The space garlic bunches are particularly impressive. I wonder if we will be able to buy space garlic crushers. (Yes, I got nothing, this is dull as all gently caress and nobody cares, not even the backers)

the real event is the ship sales, cmon chris, lemme spend some fucing cash

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

bandaid.friend posted:

This is what I was on about here, the blue shading is the public area of the spaceship. You can see the fin, redesigned into an access ramp, which leads nowhere

what do you mean leads nowhere, it leads to an elev... ooooh

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ManofManyAliases posted:

But seriously, why is this thread still active? SC is a dead space game with no hope of ever seeing the light of day.

how is this a moma post lol
e;fb

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it just dawned on me that we're now only 5 years off until star citizen saga becomes longer than duke nukem forever was (took 14 years from announcement to release, SC is now at 9), and it's still showing no signs of stopping lmao

i'm a true believer now and think chris can top DNF

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kikas posted:

Didn't they also reprogram an error message to show up a thank you instead of an actual crash message because the game crashed on exit?

yeah they did that for a wing commander game cause it made the dos memory manager crash lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
who's jax based on? it seems like i missed a thing while not paying attention for a couple years lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

raditts posted:

Seems like Jeremy Clarkson, best known for being one of the hosts of Top Gear and talking about cars in a very authoritative British accent (also did VO on one of the Forza games), and also known for being a total rear end in a top hat in general and getting fired from said hosting gig for punching one the show's producers.

oh lol i remember that debacle yeah.

AngusPodgorny posted:

Yes, we must get rid of Jeremy Clarkson because he "doesn't think much of Star Citizen" and replace him with someone well-known for appreciating Star Citizen--a woman.

:hmmyes:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i scrolled to a random point in one of the videos and, does the UI font *always* do that bullshit where random lines are randomly unreadable?

because that poo poo's an express train to headachesville lmfao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
feels a little off

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

chadbear posted:

Easy you just do it on your private server

I noticed only now that the modding manual promises that you can create your own ships using the modding manual. :laffo:

didn't they also kill private servers some time ago lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i think you'll find star citizen was developed in 2011 and released in 2014 before things got stale, and actually the 2016 cod game ripped it off

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mellow_ posted:

lol

watched the video and it's loving hilarious.

so many concerns just handwaved away.

the mythical replication layer.

it's absolutely insane what 300 trillion manhours of opensource development sponsored by amazon, google, et al. has done for scalability in the interwebs
i'm sure robert's space industry can do it too

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Blue On Blue posted:

Dear god they love splashing money around thinking it will keep raining down forever

i mean..

:laugh:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

marumaru posted:

time to install an optane, commander

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
happy to report star citizen does, indeed, work on linux

lmfao

i didn't actually try but lol at the stupid workarounds needed

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
that logitech wheel is amazing though. i still have my G25, still works, most i had to do was open the shifter and clean it out because 1st and 3rd gear got wonky some years ago

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i have an x65 and i doubt there's a better stick available on market. or even a "just as good" stick, since x65 apparently didn't sell enough and got cancelled

and i got it on a clearance sale for 199 bux lmao

Thoatse posted:

My G29 was amazing... for figuring out if simracing was fun enough to me to be worth buying a nice one then clawed my way up the food chain and each upgrade was light years better than the previous. From g29 to CSL (og ps4 version) to CSW2.5 to CSL DD to Simagic Alpha Mini where I'm currently at. Probably I'm just dumb and should have kept my G29 and spent $14k on a sweet fort to put it in

a g25 was already over my budget at a bit over 300 eurobux since unlike flying i don't race a lot, but it came with pedals i now also use for flight simming and a 7-speed shifter, lmao at spending 650 for just a wheelbase

then again, this is the star citizen thread

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
no there's literally nothing on the market that does force sensing like x65. it's the only stick that lets you have high precision + high range of movement at the same time by setting a high max force

there's 3rd party aftermarket mod for warthog joysticks that costs like $500 and you have to assemble the stick yourself, and it's not even any better, it's expensive because he sells 3 units per year

also, the playroom guy clearly lacked cash for a $1000 wheel after spending 30k on the room :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
actually, his head is just really big so it can house his genius brain
which you'd know if you understood game development

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
foxhole did the correct thing and just did completely fake factions for their "historical total war game" thing

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

yeah, because the game will be finally playable by your great grandchildren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kavros posted:

if you were to start on a star citizen esque project today, which engine would be best to work with?

onlyfans