Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Skwirl posted:

What?
https://twitter.com/BadMedicalTakes/status/1437884358417784838?s=20

Do they just make these numbers up, is there some person who invents these numbers?

This post is bullshit because there are only two frequencies, Herz and Hiz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

If a stopped clock is right twice a day every other day, how many times a week is it right?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

What the everloving gently caress is water weighing, you can't weigh people underwater, they float.

Archimedes is rolling over in his bathtub right now

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Ok I still don't get this NFT stuff. Is there a specific reason they all seem to be lovely pixel art that looks like you churn out a thousand an hour?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Kit Walker posted:

Amusingly enough, a lot of the gold hoarding idiots don’t even have the gold. They just have a slip of paper that says “you totally own $500 worth of gold and we’re good for that, promise.”

So gold is an NFT?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Anora posted:

yeah, the bottom ones have some weird incongruities, like "We live in a simulation" is under "US is a corporation" for grounded in reality.

Other stuff, Must continues to be loving stupid about tunnels:

https://twitter.com/Mr_Gauti/status/1462881688426483714

I really hate that people say him having a degree is ~something~ makes him smart.

How can anyone watch this and not think Elon Musk is among the dumbest people to ever exist?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Dying Light had some really great gameplay. The running/parkour was superb, and by the end, killing zombies was a lot of fun.

Dying Light also had some just really, really bad writing. Just awful. So this does not bode well.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Acute Grill posted:

I was about to say that I don't remember DL1's story being that bad, but on further reflection I literally can't remember the story at all so I guess it must've been pretty dire.

Get this, there are two groups of survivors! You're group are the good guys, the other group are the mean bad guys! The bad guys have what you need, so you gotta fight them to get it!

People in your group make the dumbest possible decisions and end up dead!

It's the same plot as literally every zombie media ever.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Anna Karenina, but 2/3rds of it is procedurally generated quest text.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

Naturally she would, she and a lot of right wing grifters, activists, and even candidates in office (Boebert) were hired from talent agencies. Who knows what, if anything, they actually believe? all they know is that it's showbiz and what to say to get the checks.

fighting :tinfoil: with :tinfoil:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

OPAONI posted:

This one isn't that crazy. A lot of right wing media figures have profiles from before they were famous with one particular agency.

Failed actors/models move on to be right wing grifters is a whole lot different than shadowy figures are hiring actors to be right wing grifters.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Is Wordle not just a word guessing game? Surely there are billions of them, why is this one special?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

And that shadowy cabal that puppeted Albert Einstein?

Albert Einstein

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Corporations are people!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

goons are very emotional beings and cannot reconcile that food from a place they do not like is good or legit

goons are very emotional and cannot let a food derail die

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Cleretic posted:

The Queen's gonna turn up played by a different actor.

Idris Elba please

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Is that guy trying to sell something? Because there's no way at all he did not expect this exact reaction.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

If we have medicare for all, then literally 100% of people that die of with covid will be on medicare.

This is the future dems want??

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

That doofus has a NFT of his own face? lmbo

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Watch ads to get a discount to go to a theater and watch 30-45 minutes of ads!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Was jet fuel always a hoax? What did the Wright brothers know? The world demands answers

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Boot and Rally posted:

Goons tracking dog poo poo back to their homes and into their beds does explain why they insist on showering in the morning because they get gross in bed.

just wear your shoes in the shower

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

mycophobia posted:

punching a person wont stop them from being a nazi. hell it might make them even more of a nazi

if you punch a nazi enough times they actually do stop being a nazi

permanently

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

please stop defending the nazis

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Ratjaculation posted:

Today I learnt Elden Ring was not the Skyrim sequel

Skyrim will never have a sequel.

Elden Ring is just a fancy name for Dark Souls 4

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Fish Appreciator posted:

The US sucks a whole lot. Other countries also suck a whole lot, sometimes in the same way as the US.

The only country free of sin is Belgium.

They did have a hand in the Congo...

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

There are some parts of the US that are fine. Like, I only have to fight off cannibal raiders 2 times a week. 3 tops.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Data Graham posted:

I mean, Nappy Roots was a pretty big act not too many years ago.

I was unaware that it had ascended from “common term used by the AA community with no baggage” to “slur” just on the basis of that Don Imus thing but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Is it really a word to be avoided though, or are we overreacting?

Is it just that that screenshot is suggesting that maybe it’s a word that has racial connotations and therefore isn’t great as an innocuous clue in a crossword puzzle, not necessarily racist connotations?

It's racist

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Dr. Stab posted:

E:to be extremely pedantic in my dunking, the other word mentioned in that post is 4 letters long and was therefore never in the list to begin with.

Hate to break up your dunking, but the OP was about NYT word puzzles, not just Wordle

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Dr. Stab posted:

You can still put "dicks" in wordle. Go nuts.

Not the only place you can put dicks in.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

spastic just means hyperactive in the US. nobody who uses it means actual muscle spasms, due to cerebral palsy or not

and nobody means homosexual when they say gay!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Read After Burning posted:

I don't think "Oh poo poo, in the US, that word is generally used as an insult for ADHD kids,

why is this ok again?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Gargamel Gibson posted:

The Spanish word negro definitely isn't pronounced "nay-gro" though.

It's a pretty good approximation to me. How would you pronounce it?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Oh.

Well I feel foolish.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't know why he made that poll. Maybe he hates minorities. Maybe he's writing a thesis. But if I made a poll "Do you support the death penalty?" (which would be an extremely hosed-up thing if it existed) it wouldn't mean I support it.

You're a goddamn idiot and there's a difference between a poll about a thing that's bad and a poll about a hyper-specific thing that's hosed up

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Where's the idiot?

Moscow

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Do these celebrities not have an entourage with at least one person that says "no don't do that jesus christ don't do that"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Nucleic Acids posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Buckfutter69691/status/1496539597630803973

This might seem like a garden variety transphobic account, but there’s something special here, I promise.

Just don't do it to kids (unless you are a football coach)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Dr. Stab posted:

Why are all these self-avowed pedophiles suddenly very concerned about child welfare?

https://twitter.com/sendlolipics/status/1496652392850415617

This is like the textbook definition of irony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Is that the fake Central American mystic prodigy weirdo?

No Eddie Murphy is an american comedian and film star.