Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Glazius posted:

I appreciate this event because everyone's Vision is reacting to the meteorites, which means there's actually VFX coming out of variable points on a character's body. Noelle was a pretty good meteorite search team leader because hers is back-mounted; meanwhile, Reventi's Gale Is Now Ready, despite being the best vertical traversal guy, has a fake Vision since his powers have another source, so he's no help.

I imagine the Traveler is the same way?

Yeah, Traveler doesn’t get that glow same as Venti.

Klee, Fischl, and Diona also have good Vision positioning. Lisa’s is bad (it’s on her chest), and a lot of people like Barbara and Xiangling wear theirs on one side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Hackan Slash posted:

The only time you want phys damage imo is on Razor/Xiang Crescent Carry/Phys Klee.

Physical Klee? That doesn’t make sense to me since she can’t deal physical damage.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I think Zhongli is good because I had a lot of problems with dying and now I don’t.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

how are you supposed to fight those sonic the hedgehog bastards because it seems to be random whether you knock them on their back, or they tpk you in under a second

e: rolled a helmet with straight energy recharge

It might be a good idea to just compile a pack of helpful tips for fighting various dangerous enemies.

As for geovishap hatchlings, it’s been a while since I fought one but I think they have Geo armor you need to remove with bombs, Overload, or Zhongli before you can really lay into them...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Nakar posted:

I don't have Qiqi or Klee so I have no idea about them.

I'm not sure how you checked all this but "Character Archive" in the menu lets you view everyone, including characters you don't have, from the perspectives the Character menu does.

From me looking at them that way it seems like they have Xiangling-like levels of heel just scaled appropriately.

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 10, 2020

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Framboise posted:

Narrator: The RNG will rend your spirit over and over and over.

:smith:

So will the co-op groups.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

CubeTheory posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but Albedo's Elemental Skill seems really buggy right now. Can't be placed on platforms in the Oceanid fight, gets cleared instantly in the Wolf fight, can be placed but doesn't proc when attacking Stormterror. It's a little frustrating.

All the Geo constructs don’t seem to work properly in Oceanid battles.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I picked the yellow one because it goes well with my abundance of Geo characters

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Cryo Keqing? How does that work?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Colorspray posted:

edit: also wondering if the VV set bonus takes effect?

Excellent question! Apparently the resistance down aura from Zhongli’s shield does, so this would be reasonable.

Nakar posted:

C4 Tartaglia and a bunch of Cryo towers is a fun way of saying gently caress you to everybody. Mona or Barbara and Electro towers is also great, you can skip Hydro towers entirely by just getting everything Wet manually and then the upgraded lightning forks across 20 enemies at once.

The thing about the Hydro towers, though? They actually do lots of damage. I might still make another run or two to fully upgrade the other towers but those and the Cryo were the first ones I maxed out.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I find that the boss talent materials actually aren't much of an issue after you've been playing for a while. I think I have several of every single type.

Has anyone tried out the new crossbows for the tower defense minigame? I haven't gotten the points to level it up yet.

They fire real fast for good damage but the aiming on them is... odd. That might be all turrets though.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I think my least favorite part of the event was having to go back to Mondstadt to talk to Kaeya because apparently that same raven sigil on every medal dropped by a treasure hoarder we’ve fought suddenly loses all meaning drawn into wood instead

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

zgrowler2 posted:

Ganyugoons, are there any domains that are easily farmable with a Cryo team apart from Zhou Formula? I'm trying out Ganyu / XL / XQ / Diona as a comp over the next week and need some options for sinking condensed resin into. I'm running 4pc BS on Ganyu with the Blackcliff bow and not currently focusing on Melt or Freeze specifically. I'm playing on mobile, so weakpoint strategies are out for now.

Mondstadt weapon mats domain,

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

valuum posted:

uh.. those floathing things, cant even remember what they're called

The name is "bloatty floatties" (possibly with a few less ts in there). This is another way Elemental Sight can help exploration since chests and those both show up as non-elemental objects.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

John Lee posted:

Beidou should get a swimming bonus, IMO

actually, more characters should get small weird changes like that

Beidou gets a stamina cost reduction for swimming, at least? She’s not any faster than other characters of her model type, though

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Draxion posted:

What a Kamen Rider says when they transform

No that’s “Henshin”, a genshin is a mechanical device that turns some other form of power into motion

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I will be real, Kaeya showed up and my face immediately went from “good” to “not you again”.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

dogsicle posted:

- Balloon Archery is the best one for me, since i don't have a charge shot archer like Ganyu. but even then it's more involved than playing Ganyu probably is, so it's a fun different thing. seems like mobile players don't handle it as well?

Oh, certainly not.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Mobile also just shows all three octaves as a grid. Tried to play Lea’s theme from CrossCode but you need at least B-flat for it...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Pale Flame actually doesn’t seem too bad on Razor (physical DPS with a short ES cooldown) or Physichl.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Tsyni posted:

I accidently brought my B friendship team to the arena event and figured I'd have to restart after doing the hardest difficulty. No, no problem at all. Come on, Mihoyo.

Speak for yourself; I’m having problems even with my A team.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

frajaq posted:

feeling kinda dumb, dont understand how that Rapid Current swirl zone works, and I supposed to just wash the debuff off there and then gently caress off?

Corla Plankun posted:

If you stand on it it'll raise you up out of the way of the beam and you can do ranged attacks sometimes. Probably all the time if you have Ningguang.

Or in short it’s the Albedovator but as bossfight mechanic, since the actual Albedovator can’t be used here (again, like other Geo constructs)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Fur20 posted:

im sorry azhdaha is one of the worst bosses i've ever had the displeasure of having to fight in any video game

it's as bad as the invincible bosses in star ocean 2, where the design philosophy is "a bunch of heavy hitting attacks that can't be avoided" and "long phases where you can't even attack the boss while you have to sit and take it"

Seconding this. I see “Azhdaha is about to absorb” and just have no idea how to deal with the arena-filling earthquakes.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

dogsicle posted:

i agree it's done badly, the exact thing has annoyed me with the blacksmith and katheryne for a while now, since i usually want to use multiple of their functions at a time. the complaints about this all being focused on the bird was the odd part...ideally they can work a no-text fix for most of those (e.g. interact with a forge for making ore etc, interact with a bulletin board to retrieve and set expeditions or redeem daily commissions). i suppose for marking the day's ore veins i'd settle for it at least not requiring a run around to every continent, have the smiths just know this stuff from sharing info among themselves.

The outdoor workshop you get basically for free in teapot world is a forge with no text box (though it doesn’t mark ore veins for you).

So, MHY can bring Katheryne and Tubby up to that standard, but they haven’t yet.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Stare-Out posted:

I'm going for 2 x Pale Flame and 2 x Bloodstained. Physcl all the way.

Me too because Rust is the best now I have for her.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I just thought the characters were color schemed off their element. If they went away from that being so dominant it would be cool, it's not like they need to be color coded for pvp or anything.

Many of them are, but not all; Beidou is red and is an Electro user.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Zwiebel posted:

Climbing kind of makes this super unreasonable for the Hunter, even when you ignore Mona or Diona/Klee doing nonsense in impossible to spot places.
Diona as a Hunter just seems like an auto-lose because your climbing speed is so bad.

So where are the impossible to spot places for tots? I lose or get caught in all of my games and would like to be done with this event as soon as possible.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

Did none of you just use Amber? I completed everything in the first go taking Sucrose/Mona/Amber/Diona.

I had this exact party as well,

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Got yet another catalyst billet. If they ever add a way to transmute those things I'm gonna be set. I'm up to 4 catalysts and 3 spears now and I can only see myself maybe making more crescent pikes to refine them at this point. Will probably change with more weapons being added, sure but I've already got two Sacrificial Fragments a Black Sword and another Sacrificial sword, I think I'm all set on basic weapons right now.

I have like three to four of every billet. I’m hoping they add more craftable weapons soon

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Fur20 posted:

mihoyo doesn't care to fix their games. i encountered a bug that was already reported and experienced by players at launch:

ella musk will become stuck in the "under attack" animation and you can't interact with her. i logged out of the game and closed the launcher. still stuck like this. i joined other worlds, warped, zoned, everything i could think of; nothing fixes it. beware of ella musk's final revenge, "preventing you from completing your dailies whatsoever."

If this happens, see if someone in another works has one or more commissions left unfinished. You can join someone for one of their dailies (or on worlds that are set up idling, just do one of theirs without them) and it’ll still add to your daily commission counter.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

SlimGoodbody posted:

I got the 4* bow Rust last night in a gacha roll and I can't tell if it's any good or not. It boosts non charged damage by like 40% but it also drops charged damage by 10%. Should I be using the regular attack on bow characters? I've mostly been trying for charged aimed shots.

Fischl can kinda use it alright if you lean in on her as a main attacker. It’s not exactly “actually good”, though, since she also likes Stringless to boost all her Oz damage.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Sexual Aluminum posted:

My beef with Eula is everything is dead before my ult goes off :(

I brought that up as an issue in the survey for this patch - the fact that Eula's test run and story quest don't really give the massive damage of her burst finishing a good show. Let the people chunk down some big guys with it.

Bloody Emissary posted:

The Starglitter characters for June are Barbara and Kaeya, as expected.

well, more for july i guess

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

SlimGoodbody posted:

I just got this and the description is so vague that I can't figure out what it's for

When you use it, it will put a weird floaty thing in front of you. Interact with this thing and deposit a bunch of ordinary items into it. Then, attack it with lots of elements. (or lots of one element). You’ll get stuff that usually costs resin and then the transformer goes on cooldown for a week.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Huh. I couldn’t tell it wasn’t Dina Sherman

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Paimon's voice artist in English is also a little bit naturally gremlin-ish, by their own admission. If you play detective visual novel AI: the Somnium Files, their character in that (Mizuki Okiura) is also very much just themselves as a 12-year-old. So Paimon being so high-pitched and often shrill doesn't bother me often.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Bussamove posted:

I like Paimon’s english voice. That lady enby can put so much sass into a single line it’s crazy. I guess if you’re super sensitive to high pitched voices but it’s really not that bad.

Corina, like Paimon, exists outside the binary

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Hydro is of course in the unenviable position of needing a new boss and new characters, please release more hydros mhy

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I often find cube to be easier up close, between that icicle attack that produces a safe zone around it and closing in being the easiest way to dodge it’s missile attack (the first one comes from above you and if it hits you so will the other seven.)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I’m skipping Klee because I already have her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Do we still not have news on any upcoming Hydro characters?