Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Panfilo posted:

If getting the RMA required me to get my printer to work properly I think I would just deal with whatever fault the deck had at the moment.

Or go to a library or Kinko's or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

Doesnt the pre X Mac OS have a fair slap of games? I mean I wouldn't go to the bother to set it up when the NES version is there but Shadowgate and the other macventure games are certainly a point of intrest?

Mac gaming scene had some standouts but was super anemic until around the time they switched to intel chips.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mattfl posted:

Attempting PC streaming for the first time.

Trying Fallout New Vegas from my PC that has a 3080 in it.

I get the main menu screen fine

but as soon as I move the mouse I get this

and if I let it sit for a few seconds without moving the mouse it goes back to normal. Am I missing something in the setup of remote play?

It's gone plaid.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Things like ROMS are probably fine on an SD card since those are pretty much write once and rarely (if every) change after that.

The very definition of Read Only Memory, you might even say. :v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mr Newsman posted:

Sorry for the double post but curious what about the gimmick makes it a less interesting option? Does the game not work as a standalone option even if it's not a true 7 remake?

I'm only asking since I'm coming in totally blind. Not sure if this is like playing red Dead redemption 2 without playing 1 or if it's like popping in to some games DLC without playing the base. Probably won't bother with emulating in the series if that changes anything.

Edit: can also find the general final fantasy thread if this is off topic

FF thread is probably better for details but you can play FF7R with no knowledge of original FF7 and be fine. That's how I did it and while there are some twists that you appreciate more by knowing the original story you won't be totally lost if it's your first encounter with Cloud and company.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Beve Stuscemi posted:

This is my problem with Binding of Isaac, I’m sure it’s a great game, but I can’t get past its lovely aesthetic enough to get into it

Same, it's a very juvenile "huh huh look at this" style that I'm just not really interested in looking at anymore.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Is there an option to not play puyo and just play Tetris?

Kinda, one of the modes lets you pick Tetris or PP. But if it's Tetris you want just get Effect; PPT doesn't teach the PP half of the game very well so if you aren't already pretty good at PP the computer starts out easy and abruptly wipes rear end on you with a bunch of combos.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

tater_salad posted:

The only thing about Tetris effect is like 20 bux for Tetris it seems a bit much.

Worth it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

This is incredible, what a find. How do you keep dust out of the box when you put the device in? Does it have some sort of active filtration?

Those don't, no. If you want a real glove box with a sample airlock and air handler that will cost a lot of money. With this your best bet is to clean everything before it goes in and don't leave it open any longer than you have to. They're more geared to keeping the operator safe from the sample rather than the other way around so they are a little clunky for applications like these.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

The sex update comes out in just two days!

they just can't help themselves, can they.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Is there a steam deck dock that also works with the nintendo switch?

https://skullnco.com/collections/steam-deck/products/steamdock?variant=44494667612452

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

IAmTheRad posted:

Question for Canadian goons who have purchased the 1TB OLED recently. How many business days did it take from after you ordered it before you got it in your hands? The limited edition OLED doesn't count.

If your shows up DOA the posting frenzy will be glorious.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DildenAnders posted:

I don't get it.
Please explain?
(Also is anyone else playing Kanto Expansion Pack or Pokemon Pyrite on the Deck?)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1955

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

What the gently caress

Things were different here 15 years ago.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oni was pretty great and it was too bad they never got the networking to work well enough for PvP combat.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

malnourish posted:

Is this 9yo that enterprising? I think the basic lockdown is enough, in addition to expectations, conversations, observations, and trust. I'm not telling you how to raise your children, but any amount of barriers can be overcome by someone sufficiently determined and precocious. I know I got around every barrier in my way as an unsupervised youth.

I like how this post answered its own question.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It appears to be in conversation with the original and we'll probably have to wait till the end of the remakes to decide.

I liked it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

Steam Deck: Look for "honkers railway"

yes

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tempura Wizard posted:

https://youtu.be/8Oa-QtOFoHk?si=T6qgHiESpzKL1Ab8 Classic 1989 theme, available during the Weekend Ritual once 100% is achieved, or permanently by reaching XP level 50.

:sickos:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Might also be worth prowling eBay for a Steam case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The issue is as likely to be your wall wart as it is the cables, a generic "usb-a" power supply likely isn't putting out enough current to keep up with the Deck's power draw. Look for something that puts out 45 watts and has Power Delivery.