Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
thank you for your service cspam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
this morning the nurse at walmart asked us if we were getting our first shots together because of the delta wave that's coming, and i played off it it like 'yeah its going to be ridiculous.' she tried to compliment us by saying that if more people would do what we were doing then we could get this under control soon. without flinching i referenced the cdc's increasingly exponential, vertical looking graphs and then she admitted she doesnt really have hope anymore, actually.

after our booster we then picked up some box fans for the corsi boxes im building for my partner and their students so they may have less of a chance to die when they return to school in a few weeks.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

PerniciousKnid posted:

So what's the easiest 3rd booster scam? Lie about immunocompromised, claim it's your first shot under a game name, claim it's your first under your real name...?

Edit: hey phone autocorrecting fake to game is too meta.

literally walked in the door, no appointment, said it’s our first dose, handed over ID bc idgaf, and then claimed no insurance when they asked. easy peazy gotblesh the usa

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
saying it was my first dose was easier and more believable than saying i was an educator like i might have done way back in february

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
24 hours out from our 3rd phizer and its p much a repeat of the 2nd dose; lots of general fatigue and soreness

really wishing we owned a dish washing machine rn lol

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
shout out to all the big titers of the booster crew

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Knight posted:

LOL no, they're going to start setting up hospital beds in the gyms

struggling to find the picture from last year of one school's auditorium which was showing off their covid shame cube setup

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

stone soup posted:

struggling to find the picture from last year of one school's auditorium which was showing off their covid shame cube setup

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

euphronius posted:

is virulent nonsymptomatic spread good or bad ?

100% of chickens die

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
lmao

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
for no reason what so ever i was just reminded of nestle's control over fresh water springs in northern fl

funny how that works

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: It finally happened, woke up feeling fine but as the day progressed I started feeling bad so I got tested and I’m positive.

I think we’ve waited too long to do boosters. I was a first round vaccination as I’m an ER doc. Be careful out there goons.

you can do it; post your way through

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Judakel posted:

posting at a goon with covid: yeah buddy post through it just roll with the punches

ya i gotta step up; op where can i send the ivermectin and zpak?

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

Had an incident with an anti-masker spitting on us on Monday so that’s probably my exposure unfortunately.

Going to get the antibody infusion because unfortunately my vitals are off and inflammatory markers are up. Amazing to me how fast this progresses, was feeling fine this morning now, not so much.
loving yikes!

wishing you a swift recovery brave goon

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

Posting through it. Lost sense of smell and tachycardia sucks. Can’t sleep.
i hope your condition is improving. ty for sharing about your symptoms as well as the stuff youre encountering in the wild

i did not have silver lungs on my bingo card tbqh

lmfao

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Get ready to watch Minnesota explode because we're just getting up there in daily cases and we're about to have the state fair with zero safety measures!

ya having state and various local fairs going & schools reopening the week after is going to wreck a lot of lib narratives here

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
first day back for teaching staff so why not warm everyone up with a coffee & breakfast spreader event

also the science teacher noticed the corsi boxes in my partner's room, was impressed, and wanted to know more.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Mr. Pizza posted:

another corsi cube Q:

Is the reason you can't just slap one furnace filter on the intake side of the fan due to drag/air resistance overloading the fan motor? Would be a lot smaller footprint that way.

nah, in fact someone went so far as to do some extensive testing to show even if you tried to overload the fan it still wouldnt be a fire-hazard.

you can do that [single filter corsi] just fine but they find that the more surface area there is for filtration the more cfm the entire unit can process

edit;
using the page snipe for more corsi box reading:
https://www.texairfilters.com/how-a-merv-13-air-filter-and-a-box-fan-can-help-fight-covid-19/
-the og corsi box design--a boxfan & filter; author experiments with wider and wider filters to show air movemement increases with surface area

https://www.texairfilters.com/a-variation-on-the-box-fan-with-merv-13-filter-air-cleaner/
-this link shows the full corsi-cube
-merv13 filters are often sold in box-quantites only, so with that in mind i built 2 boxes for ~$145 usd in filters. the fans (~$20/ea) & duct-tape (~$10) mean that each box was ~$90.

https://chemicalinsights.org/wp-content/uploads/DIY-Box-Fan-Report-2021.pdf
-17 page pdf of testing that determines; a) this works b) its no fire-hazard

stone soup fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 23, 2021

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
the fall semester started at the college and ive got one class in person so ofc i wore my respirator.

there is only 10 of us in the class but 7 were still wearing cloth masks and, during introductions, one guy proudly said he just got back from chicago yesterday lmfao

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

It'll be fun to imagine what the successor will be to the "6 feet = 3 feet" change in the spring to get more kids in class

Since it's team blue driven it'll probably be as long as masks are on no quarantine needed at all, also masks can be off for snacks and lunch so long as that's under 15 minutes each

lol my partner said we're already planning to be packin em in

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
teachers meeting still going well

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

yes, I study worms
but can you do the worm

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
hope youre getting testing, dingus

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
qualified for my cc permit while wearing my respirator today. even the old marine running the show didnt give me poo poo lmao

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Gravybong posted:

some of those that work forces
want the paste that’s for horses

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

i am harry posted:

what kind of stupid phony bullshit do you have to do for that, write “I will not be a murderer” a bunch of times on a bible?

after sitting in a class for 3 hours listening to stories, they hang a target from your 5' from your face and ask you to blast off. a woman flagged the instructor and passed but an old man couldnt put enough shots on paper and left in a saddened state.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Soap Scum posted:

hey respirator crew people, question or two.

1) where is the mega-post with all the respirator advice? like babby's first respirator attempt stuff

2) my friend working in a COVID unit decided of her own accord to try a 3M 6200 series with P100s instead of an N95 because she trusts it more, but she says it hurts her face a lot. i feel like her head is pretty average sized, has a relatively small nose, so i'm not really clear on what could be going wrong there. is there [a] anything she should try re: adjusting a 6200, or [b] a different model people have generally found to be more comfortable?

thanks!

1) quoted in the first post under PPE

2) the 3M 6200 looks like its moulded plastic style; your friend should try a silicon 1/2 mask like 3M's secure click or Honeywell's RU8500 series. ive worn mine (RU8500) for 4+ hours at a time with no discomfort

make sure to reference the sizing chart to make sure that your friend is getting a mask that fits properly, too.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Soap Scum posted:

thank you to both! found the relevant link in OP, wasn't looking hard enough. will relay this all 🙏

ya, np. gl
in other news the mail-person came before i left to get quarters for laundry

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

kalensc posted:

Owns

What's your setup to filter the exhaust port?

My 7502 looks like this, it works okay but I know it could be better:

ty! the black piece houses the speech diaphragm and doesn't need to be covered but the exhaust port thats just below is filtered by that colourful piece of fabric and secured in place with a black zip-tie.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Thoguh posted:

I remember last month there was an NFL team that brought in medical experts to talk to the players about vaccines and answer any questions they might have and afterword there were still players going "I just need time to get all the facts".

iirc the vikings brought in joe biden's own doc osterholm to convince star quarter back kirk cousins that the vaccine isn't a product of satan

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1423348896978374659

ofc nothing changed and the coach helplessly replied "woof" as a response then all 3 quarterbacks tested positive for COVID a couple weeks later

kirk is still employed bc reasons

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
if youre new to respirator crew:

click 2 embiggen

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

kreeningsons posted:

how are everyone's side effects from the third dose?

3 phizers here and the 3rd seemed on par, if not worse, than dose 2

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

silicone thrills posted:

I just realized my hair matches the purple on the filters lmao

if youre not colour coordinating with your ppe then step it up son

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

I need a shirt that says "COVID is over" to wear with the half mask. Maybe with some palm trees and poo poo.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Zoro is still delivering and not canceling orders that aren't to businesses right?

iirc it was grainger, the business focused side, that was canceling individual consumer orders but zoro is the more public-facing side of the business and has been reliable from most goon reports

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Rubby posted:

HELLO FRIENDS

Since my unemployment runs out tomorrow and nobody at any level of government has talked about extending it COVID MUST WELL AND TRULY BE OVER!!

If you want to celebrate labor day with a capitalism - buy shirt here: :siren::siren::siren:https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/open-biden/mens/t-shirt/regular?variation=front&color=black:siren::siren::siren:

It is also available as a Greeting card! or a ....zip pouch ...I don't know why, that's super loving weird BUT IT MAKES AN INCREDIBLE GIFT FOR THE BRUNCH LIB IN YOUR LIFE to acknowledge and celebrate that COVID IS OVER

I am INCREDIBLY EXCITED to GET BACK OUT THERE secure in the knowledge that there is not a much more transmissible variant floating about and that our miracle vaccines will SAVE THE DAY no this is NOT me having a mental break PRAISE BE TO OPEN BIDEN

take my loving money you deserve it more then i do

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

AppleNippleBOB posted:

We did it, y'all. Covid is over

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

hope youre well whatever youre up to facetoucher cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004