Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

My idea to fix the extra turn issue is to make it so you only get 1 extra turn per normal turn. So if you copied epiphany, you get extra birds but the turns wouldn't stack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Those artifact lands are very cool and I hope they come to arena at some point

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

vegetables posted:

I hope they’re cards that let you sell your soul, despite the fact they definitely won’t be

Probably saving this for the demon mafia set

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Blood tokens seem kinda lovely tbh

Could be good as a discard outlet. But doesn't seem that great next to clues.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Triome doesn't mean anything right? Don't see a reason demon gangs couldn't have them. The tower one feels like a magic card, but the lounge does not.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Framboise posted:

It would also probably break the Confluence modal cycles as well.

I think it works with those, you just get to do each option once (or only one or two once if you wanted to). It seems like it's just the power/toughness setting that causes contradictions and they could have come up with a ruling to address it if they really wanted it to work.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Dreadnaught was nerfed for years by making the sac 12 power part of the cost, iirc. I wonder if they can print that version without breaking the reserve list.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I wonder how many more 'gain indestructible till eot, tap it' we'll get. Fun throw back to regenerate

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

TotalHell posted:

Even weirder that three of the remaining four have generic names (Battlefield Forge could be on any plane) but the fourth is Llanowar Wastes???

I'd assume they'll be in brothers' war. Don't know the story to know if llanowar gets messed up or just has an unsavory part of the woods they can portray.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Is sphinx of clear skies commander or main set? I don't like how similar the set symbols are.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Bank buster and surgehacker both benefit from the crew reduction. I'm guessing brothers war will have more mechs too.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I hope they do proliferate again in one of the upcoming sets.
But the weatherlight wants stuff to die without making tokens or providing a sac outlet, so seems like a lot of set up for a 5/5 flying that may draw a few cards. Should be fun in limited at least.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

The Lotus will be fun with VOW Teferi. Not sure that's good enough, but can make a lot of mana.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Turn one triome, turn two that gate gets you 4/5 for domain on turn 2. Could be something if the aggressive domain payoffs are good enough.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

is Hinata remotely playable without Magma Opus?

I don't think so, and the mana base will also be terrible without pathways.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Silhouette posted:

lmao why is that rare and not uncommon

There was the black one in stixhaven and the white prince in eldraine. They put these 'pick one of three basic etb effects' at rare, maybe for draft balancing.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

insanely sick

Can't wait to try and turn inspiring overseer or lunarch veteran into a big demon.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

So this dominaria stuff is going for a few sets, right? Which means more legends retold which means Boris Devilboon 2, right right?

I need to know if I can hope or not.

Maybe, but I bet Brothers' war will have more throwbacks to Antiquities and maybe the Urza's block. Who knows where the other phyrexian sets will take place.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Has anyone sold an mtgo account? I haven't used it in years and have a lot of the zendikar fetches and master edition OG duals.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

The World Inferno posted:

Wonder if Toxic will be infect w/o the poison counters. Does that already exisit?

That was wither in shadowmoor
Edit: oops

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

They did something similar with Glissa where you'd count the mana in pool and still be able to spend it otherwise, though offhand I don't know if they've done anything else like her.

Original Omnath comes to mind. Interesting that they updated wording on some commander version just refers to 'unspent green mana' and removes references to the 'mana pool'. https://scryfall.com/card/cc1/2/omnath-locus-of-mana

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Time posted:

Wait is that a commander card what is that set icon

The artifact mystical archives thing they are doing with the set

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Steel and Oil Dreams
B
Sorcery
Target opponent reveals their hand. Choose up to one artifact or creature card from it, then choose an artifact or creature card from their graveyard. Exile the chosen cards.

It seems like from this wording, the target player doesn't need a graveyard card to exile to target them. Pretty powerful duress effect if so. Exiling makes it better than thoughtsieze against combos like greasefang.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

This might be a hosed up take but I think that 5/5 for 5 green mythic would've been mediocre even if it came down as a 15/15 immediately

The token has haste, and I think a five mana 15/15 haste might see play. As is, I think you need some way to recur it to make it constructed playable.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

For genuine haste instead of haste* it's 10 mana, if the early body were just a little tougher like a 3/3 or a 2/4 it might have a shot but I just don't see it especially when it gets hosed all day by probably the best 2 drop in the format right now

Which two drop hoses it?

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Have they said if the Invoke cycle in Kamigawa was in reference to invoke prejudice? Cause the name and mana cost make it seem like it, but that would not be the first card I'd make a cycle referencing.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I wonder if they're making another locus. Seems weird to reference them on the monument to just get the old ones.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

GoutPatrol posted:

Could always just be a glimmerpost reprint.

Is cloudpost too good for standard/pioneer?

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

It's weird the all will be one is a red card, but red is the one faction that isn't going along with Norn's plan (from my limited understanding of the story)

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

In triple scars draft, you wanted to be either all in infectious or not really bother with it. I remember drafting some mixed decks that would get the opponent to six poison counters and six life and couldn't finish them off in either fashion.
Will be interesting to see how it plays it out this time.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

What other trees are there from wrenn to join up with? Let's get a wrenn and boseiju next.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

So about Boseiju.....

Edit: It's dead!

Wren's usually able to bring back dead lands

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

Wrenn's going to have to bring back a dead Wrenn first.

New wrenn can do that with the last ability.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

fadam posted:

Strictly speaking you’re right, white is allowed to exile stuff and give its owner compensation, but it’s a break in terms of efficiency and vibe I think, so even tho it’s in pie, in aggregate it’s probably too efficient for white.

Technically a 3 cmc green creature with flash and deathtouch and Hexproof that fights when it ETBs is all in Green’s part of the colour pie, but in practice that’s basically just Murder so they’ll never print it. They’ve printed StP variants since but they’re all worse in one way or another.

They kept the effect as white for Solitude so I don't think wizards considers it out of whites color pie even when pushing efficiency level.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Silhouette posted:

Invasion of Gobakhan is gonna be the replacement for Wedding Announcement in W/x aggro decks post-rotation

Also it's Teyo's home plane, so that's neat

Wedding announcement goes into midrange, not aggro decks. It's also 3 dudes (or maybe card draws if you have enough) and an anthem for no work, vs 1 dude and having to work for the anthem.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Did the Preators 'grow' from a small amount of oil on Mirrodin? If so the phyrexians could lose the initial invasion but potentially always be a dormant threat on any plain.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

precision posted:

I don't think bo1 mono blue wants a 4 mana win more card. Maybe you run it in Grixis if you want to be cute

You can copy your opponents dudes so it isn't as win more as the ones the just copy yours. Might be useful against Sheoldred.
Don't know if being able to copy spells makes it useful enough in the control mirror to be maindeck worthy.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Silhouette posted:

Suspend only cards don't have a mana value, so even mv=0 won't work

Then why do they hit off cascade? Is no mana value defined as less than all other mana values?

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

They could make ones that you have to protect for a certain number of turns to get the payoff. Sort of like suspend that can be interacted with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I was passed a sunfall in an arena draft today and wondered what legend was picked over it. Kenrith and Lurris did come to mind, also original Elesh norn.