Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I generally do a brief google or something when I start a game with multiple difficulty settings. I generally like harder games but not if the difficulty settings are terribly made (which is not uncommon).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hzd is ok

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yeah that's where I ended up mostly, I can see why people love it but it wasn't a thing that was going to make me go wild for it.

I definitely agree that being an ubisoft-style open world game makes it much worse than it could have been

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rarity posted:

Open worlds have only been the main AAA genre since 2014 or so, there's still juice in it yet. Expect everyone to switch to oh let's say deckbuilders in 2025

sounds like a much better trend

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cyberpunk was the world's highest budget eurojank game and it owned

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

There's shallow and then there's "half the selectable skills in the game do not work as intended or at all."

That's eurojank in a nutshell

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It's more charming when it comes from an actual B-tier studio and not a billion dollar megacorp.

That just makes it funnier

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The new Sawyer game sounds like it's going to be a mess

I will probably love it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Josh Sawyer post in this thread challenge

He's too good for this thread

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

can we have astral set a word filter to change 'Rarity' to 'gamer'

gamer is a gamer

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Healbot posted:

The actual trick to CP2077 was to not listen to any of the hype and not buy it like a moron.

the game rules

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Motto posted:

Together with tim rogers breaking the game two other different ways it sounds like 2077's combat falls apart the second you specialize into anything even mildly effective

It does

personally i thought it broke down in a pretty fun way and i was entertained the whole way through

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

so which team is everyone rooting for, in the hololive sports festival today that everyone itt is definitely watching. I'm all in on white team, even though their showing in the first round was, poor

uhh... the one on the left

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

welcome, fellow white team supporter. i'm sure you're just as excited as i am, that they won the ball game

:toot:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i hate good games

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i can't believe stux was murdered by harrow

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

stardew has way more busy work, including the social mechanics which are way more of a pain in the rear end than dealing with people in, most hms, hard to generalize there because every hm is totally different, it is better than a lot of them. and just about every choice stardew makes re mechanics on the farm are imo bad, the stamina mechanic, leveling, the crafting and building, etc. stardew is a game i dread to start over because the beginning is so bad where a lot of hms you are practically done with the game before stardew gets to The Good Part

you should play a rune factory, however

big agree on this post

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yeah it'll have 50% more frames

45?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

shut up about all that other garbage

https://twitter.com/Elex_Game/status/1458434272113606658

it's time for eurojank

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cyberpunk owned so i hope Elden Ring is as good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I bought metroid dread for 55€ and sold it for 40€ after I beat it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

it's extremely hosed up that smt5 hasn't unlocked yet

they aren't releasing it until sunday because i don't have time to play it before then

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

just bring your switch to the funeral

i should

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Please don't disrespect the dead

It's not like he is going to complain at this point

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lmao if you don't use kelvin

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

68f indoors is freezing are you kidding me

you'd die in finland

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

i'd simply live in the sauna

acceptable

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rinkles posted:

how are people liking smtv?

it's good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

shut up nerd

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I just want them to explain to me the hidden factorial in their class system so I can ooh and aah over it

If that's a crime then send me to jail I guess!!!!

nerd jail

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Keighlys Game of the Year nominations are:
Deathloop
It Takes Two
Metroid Dread
Psychonauts 2
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Resident Evil Village

where's pokemon snap

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

it should be games you played for the first time that year. we all get it. you all like ff14. post about otherh games.

I guess i still have time to get a new Kenshi run in

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blood vials are terrible because they make the game tedious for the exact people who need them the most because those people are the same people who will run out of them

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

You run out of estus flasks: You die I guess, or have to run back to the last bonfire.

You run out of blood vials: You can run back to the last bonfire, AND you can also fight on and pick up more.

more realistically: a person will run out of them while fighting Orphan of Kos or something and has to go grind more instead of trying to do a fun boss fight (or just never play again)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

if you're tilting at a boss enough to run out of vials then you'd almost certainly benefit from taking a break anyway but everybody chafes at being forced to do so

and then after the break you have to grind blood vials before trying the boss again!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

never had to grind for blood vials lmao

That's why the blood vials are bad! They do nothing except make the game more tedious for the people who already have trouble with it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

anyway the best take on estus was ds2 starting you with 1 charge.

it was good yeah

the lifegems were maybe a bit dumb though since you had basically infinite healing after the very start because of them

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dark souls 1 estus system but only 10 estus max ever would be the sweet spot imo

maybe add in slowly gaining the estus max with shards like ds2 too

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mode 7 posted:

True art speaks for itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

it's simply a relentlessly awful game

well yeah, it's an mmo