Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Help, gently caress, both of these got a chuckle out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

I don't get it. That windmill doesn't have demonic eyes. It's not running away on a pair of legs either.

I just want to reiterate that it's spectacular that notorious dumb dumb Tony Branco actually managed to do the Don Quixote metaphor right, when nearly every other cartoonist loving butchers it. Even Donkey-Wokey and Man of Da Mentia are decently crafted puns. gently caress. With the exception of the dogshit art, unnecessary labels and overlong speech bubble, Branco almost competently executed the job he's paid for.

It's like seeing Gorrell draw something for himself instead of just applying a filter to the first result on google image search or Ramirez doing a caraciature that somewhat resembles the person.

hooman fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 16, 2022

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

*sighs* Skelley's right.

He still sucks and is a bad cartoonist though.

I hope Stiglich gets his arms and vocal chords mangled beyond repair in an accident so he can never draw, write or speak his stupid, hateful poo poo ever again.

Skelly also has no idea what a flat tire looks like when you're holding it in the air.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

oobey posted:

There's really no way I could explain to anyone I know just why I find this so funny. At least not without sounding completely insane.

Yeah this is some of the funniest poo poo that I have ever seen, that I will never ever be able to explain.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
It rules how whenever Ted Rall makes even a half decent cartoon he has to immediately undermine himself by being so dedicatedly Ted Rall about it and everything else.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Huh, the US in a justified war, that's a change of pace.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

You want equality so bad? Fine.
100% estate tax.
Ban all private schools and universities.
Federally fund all public schools equally.
Universal Healthcare.
UBI.

gently caress you Ramirez.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I-kaine, U-kaine, we all kaine, for Ukaine.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Too easy:

Necessary:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

xiw posted:

But i can't stop staring in bafflement at his Jacinda Ardern:

That Jacinda, reading Das Kapital and Mein Kampf at the same time. drat Nazi-Commie.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Uhhhh "decades"? Russia/Georgia was in 2008. The Chechen war ended in '09.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Grape posted:

In fairness a lot of people don't count Georgia as being in Europe.

Ok, now do Kosovo.

NRVNQSR posted:

Yeah, the people talking about "decades of peace in Europe" are absolutely aware of history.

They're just ignorant of geography.

I'm pretty sure it's exactly the other way around.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

If you take it from the position of the European Union coming together to maintain peace between nations, the cartoon is fine. The Balkan conflict was within Yugoslavia, Kosovo was part of Serbia, the Ukrainian separatists are Putin-funded but it's still a domestic conflict. The invasion of Ukraine is the first full scale international conflict in mainland Europe since the 1968 invasion of Czechoslovakia.

It wasn't "decades of no full scale international conflicts", the cartoon read "decades of peace". It's a bad take that erases a series of very damaging conflicts.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Srice posted:

The Horsey take is even worse than that of course.

Horsey posted:

Yes, problems at Third and Pine and other parts of town are the result of substance abuse, mental-health issues, poverty and other social problems that cannot be resolved simply by throwing people in jail. But, until we find ways to address all those challenges, we cannot ignore the crisis on our streets. Criminal behavior can be explained by economic and social inequities and failures, but it cannot be an excuse to do nothing.

Jesus christ, "These problems can't be solved by throwing people in jail, but until then why aren't the cops chucking all these no goods in jail?!"

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Srice posted:

The Horsey take is even worse than that of course.

gently caress it. I'm still mad about this.

Kellies Nomination: Overall Worst

Not for the cartoon but for that dogshit paragraph. gently caress you Horsey.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Conspiracy theories would be way cooler as wrestling storylines.

JFK Junior VS. Second Shooter in a Grassy Knoll match, this weekend at SUMMERSLAM.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Kit Walker posted:

For a guy who posts so much about it, I don’t think Leunig has ever touched grass

You can absolutely tell that he got told 'Read the room dude' when he went off on an antivax spiel, and this is the immediate result.

"NO I WILL NOT READ THE ROOM, THAT'S ONLY FOR DUMB IDIOTS"

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

Would glassing the entire region really count as winning?

Make radioactive glass and call it peace.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

gently caress you. Migration and literal war are not the same loving thing.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Horsey is still peak liberal, claming to be compassionate but being totally unable to stop himself from sneering at the poor and vulnerable.

Although he has stopped drawing rockin titties.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Yeah gently caress this guy. Who, based on the context of the comic, I must assume this is the one who made all the decisions that prevented us from transitioning away from fossil fuels and not a random vehicle owner who is trapped in a car culture with no say in how cities are designed or the economy is run.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
^^ Some editors might believe the bigoted horseshit, what's Stantis' editors excuse? That to me is the most baffling.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

'
This one just seems like a massive self own.

Innocent children walking to primary school, self insert puts on crazy glasses, sees them as woke zombies with piercings and weird hairdo's.
Kids are just kids and the author is seeing the world through a hugely distorted lens, AGC.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Kellies Nomination: Worst cartoon about a tragedy.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Vib Rib posted:

But the people who are in favor of this decision and were screaming "my body my choice" about vax mandates "because it works for abortion" are not hypocrites, right?

Yeah if, according to these cartoonists, these are equivalent arguments which do they loving want?

Legal and free abortions as well as no mandates.
No abortions and full mandates.

Go on, take your pick you loving assholes.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst gaslighting

Covid has killed over 1000 children in the US.

God he's a piece of poo poo.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bismuth posted:

Jesus Christ.

Ishida has gone completely loving insane, holy poo poo.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Aaaaaand the transformation is complete. The Libertarian -> Fascist pipeline has spat out another fully refined turd.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

If being a repugnant scumfuck meant someone's comics couldn't be posted anymore, this thread would cease to be.

We'd have steven collins, pope, lubchansky and bors.

https://i.imgur.com/uz9ZvgO.mp4

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh no, someone is technically incorrect about our country's hosed up system of priorities for spending, better call fund the cops.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

That's some powerful "opposite of reality" energy when contrasted with the cartoon that immediately follows it.

Sorry Wuerker, nobody who wasn't already convinced is going to be by this.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Raised By Birds posted:

Always gotta include that "if it was really him!!"

The handlebars won't turn, which means there's no way to stabilise your balance on that united states bike.

The united states is a bad construction built in such a way it can only harm those who attempt to exist on it. AGC.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Neito posted:

This is going to be W and that dumbass pretzel all over again isn't it.

Edit: Also, just saying America" on the bike is like the laziest take. At least throw something like "Macroeconomic policy" or "Gun control" or some poo poo on there. Take a better stance than "Other guy bad".

Also amazing that neither has managed to correctly draw a bicycle.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Neito posted:

Welp better get ready to see that same poorly drawn bike in every cartoon for the next few weeks.

(It's a powerful symbol)

*throws yet another incorrectly drawn bike on the pile*

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
EDIT: Case made better above.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Clarence Thomas is driving the US constitution towards Government Tyranny. A good cartoon.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

the_steve posted:

No, the point is that the Republicans played the long game and are reaping the rewards, and for the Left to pull off a similar feat would take decades of putting in the same work, the implication of the cartoon being that they don't want to do so because that'd be slow and boring.

Also it worked because of the huge amounts of billionaire money backing those efforts, which the left does not have.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

World Famous W posted:

I honestly still like them, but i'll never not pick low hanging fruit

Kellies nomination: Best Edit/Parody

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

What a spectacular self own. I'm shocked this isn't an edit.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Photo of Kyrgios for contrast:

I didn't even recognise it as Kyrgios except for the context.

Vib Rib posted:

All these tennis comics just feel so uncomfortably close to the decades-old retreads of "can't believe this nonwhite celebrity is being so uppity and uncouth", regardless of the actual issues being raised by said celebrities.
Knight was also the one responsible for this "caricature" of Serena Williams.

It's not uncomfortably close to those old takes, it's the exact same racism. From racist piece of poo poo Knight. I look forward to absolutely nothing being done about this either by the pack of gutless loving wonders in Australian Press Council.