Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

didn't he get into a domestic abuse thing like not even 2 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

just a misdemeanor minor battery in 2020 lol, nbd.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

One tiny positive to come from the Ray Rice incident, or more from their being video of the Ray Rice incident, is that he never played again. An even smaller positive is that the Ravens haven't even sniffed a dude with assault or harassment issues since.

Of course since I say this it's about to come out that Mark Andrews has a Buffalo Bill style dungeon in his basement.

i think jimmy smith had an uhh 'unfortunate' incident pop up like a couple years ago actually i went and looked it up https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-cb-jimmy-smith-suspended-for-four-games-0ap3000000950015

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

If the rumor that he's looking at an eight game suspension is true... I mean Case keenum is good but missing your starting quarterback after leveraging that much in assets to get him isn't a great start to a season when you're all in.

it literally only gets worse from there. like starting the clock and then sitting down for a year

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The downside of multiple 1st round picks is that even if you really like all of them, 3 5th year options is very expensive.

Thankfully the Raiders don't have to worry about that.

I was about to counter and say that the 5th year is locked in and that 13 mil or whatever for a year of a WR 5 years from now will look like a steal but I think the 5th year option is probably based on whatever the market average is

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Sorry Hollywood, I'm pretty sure I watched a game last season where you dropped four touchdowns in a row.

lol that game against the lions would've been put away early if he caught like one of them. he did bounce back with a sick TD against hte broncos the week after

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

This has bothered me for decades.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Even if Mahomes plummeted to Jake Locker levels of QB play for 8 years, the 4 year stretch he's had overcomes that in my mind.

the eli manning rule

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is a good point I had not considered. Mainly because I'm fed up with not getting to watch my team play without forking over several hundred dollars or going to a loud bar where I will likely not get to hear the audio for my team's game. And because I refuse to watch a football game on my phone even if I am stuck in an airport on layover with no other options.

i wonder if the service will block you from being able to sling the audio/video to your tv from whatever device you’re on. you can already do that with basically all the chromecast/appletv/roku poo poo so hopefully you could do this here as well

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

Besides Brady, who practically qualifies for Medicare at this point and was a bigger billing than Jesus contemporarily, Who else is/was missing OTAs at the starting quarterback position? I agree he can choose not to go and that's fine, but it seems unusual.

I'm still not buying, necessarily, that there's any animosity between Lamar Jackson and the Ravens, but god drat if there isn't a lot of smoke.

Rodgers, Murray and Mayfield lol. Murray is the only one remotely close to Lamar's situation and that's the one where there is an active fire.

It's definitely unusual, but its whatever. I'll only really start getting worried when he's holding out of training camp.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

kiimo posted:

I don't like Lamar. I like the Ravens and the fans but that guy is a pain

no one likes ravens fans. come on man.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Running is fine when it makes sense to do it. The problem is when teams would think that "establish the run" was something you needed to do at all times to be successful on offense. That's how the 2000 Ravens won the Superbowl.

things make sense when they make sense. insightful

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

I think the only times I've ever really noticed announcers are Dennis Miller, Tony Romo giving actual interesting insights, and whatever piece of human garbage was fellating Matt Ryan saying things like "I wish I had a DVD of all his throws to watch" in a game against the Ravens when Roddy White kept committing uncalled opi

cmon, you remember kevin harlan calling the ravens/bengals game where lamar jackson broke everyones ankles

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

I think you misread what I said or I didn't express myself decently

look it is really important that he is right

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1545124393990475778

This is v good because they needed another pass rusher, and Justin Houston was better than last year’s numbers suggested.

dang i thought oweh was better than that. but that might be some injury stuff

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

likewise judon got a shitload of hype for what looks like only an okay pressure rate while getting basically no 2 on 1s

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Lifespan posted:

Or it could just be another random chart.

it clearly says win on one of the axis

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Restreaming sites out of Balochistan or wherever are too reliable and sophisticated and easily put on my television for me to justify paying a sub specifically for NFL games.

its crazy how much better they are than official streaming services they are, and how much better theyve also improved over time. they show games at 720p now and dont require refreshing every 5 minutes like they used to.

i was using my parents youtubeTV account last season and that worked okay but still had the lovely blackout and regional market issues that cable has. just let me watch my goddamn team.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Jivesauce posted:

Yeah this is correct regarding the pork tenderloin sandwich, that picture is spot on. I do think they're really good, but I don't know if that's a function of having grown up around them; glad to hear at least one person from outside the area likes them too!

its a huge schnitzel/chicken fried steak on a bun. its hard for it to not be good.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

can't wait for the Ravens black uni and helmet

im glad they brought in the purple pants. they look dope with the black jersey

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

also they give the boring away jerseys more pop

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

These are people with high level coaching jobs in the NFL. Re: Lamar.

lol i was about to quote this also

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How many loses are attributed to Lamar but happened because maybe Harbaugh deciding to go for 2 so much with the game on the line was a bad idea because I forget which games he was not playing due to injury.

going for 2 to win the game always rules

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the 'clenching your butthole and praying no one gets injured during training camp' time of year begins again

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1552040632360865795?s=20&t=r-EOXhilBPOg7k0WxaP3Fw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Freaquency posted:

He bangs through 60+ yarders in pregame regularly and has nailed them from 70+ at times. It’s just a different atmosphere pregame/preseason when no one is trying to block you

also tucker is 32 now. i mean he still hits kickoffs through the uprights regularly (when the strategy isn't to force a return and pin the opposing offense deeper than 25), but he absolutely had that kind of leg strength when he was that age (and still mostly does)